Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
How to Study the Bible: Interactive Bible Study

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 am
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am planning to do an interactive Bible Study in real life. I am planning to invite some of my friends over to do this, but I am planning to do this on here. I got a pamphlet on How to Study the Bible that we will be going through, but I also will add a lot of notes as well.

I have been doing something like this for a year or so, and it really improved my daily devotions, as well as Bible Studies. And I pray that it will also be a tremendous help to you.

Table of Contents:

1) Why Study the Bible?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am
Why Study the Bible?

The Bible is the most printed and read book in history. More evidence exists to confirm the Bible than to confirm any other ancient historical documents. God's Word can change your heart and transform your life. The Bible wasn't written to be merely history or a piece of great literature. It is meant to be read with both the mind and heart. God loves you and wants you to love Him.

Reasons to study with your mind and heart:

1. To know God. God created the Heaven and the Earth, and everyone in it (Genesis 1 - 3).

2. To enjoy and love God. Meditate on God's character, principles, and promises. Rejoice in His love, care, and forgiveness (Psalms 119:12 - 18, 160 - 162, 1 Timothy 6:17).

3. To know God's Word. The Scriptures were inspired by God. They teach us the truth and show us what is wrong in our lives (2 Timothy 3:16).

4. To understand the Word. Jesus is called the Word because He is the ultimate communication from God. He existed from the beginning with God, He is God, and He created everything. He said that those who have seen Him seen the Father (John 1:1 - 3, 10:30, 12:44,45, 14, 7 - 9).

5. To learn direction in life. The Bible shows us what to do (Psalms 119:11).

6. To find comfort and hope. The Scriptures gives us encouragement (Romans 15:4).

7. To let God expose our innermost thoughts and desires.
His Word helps us to see ourselves as we really are and convicts us of sin so that we repent and change (Hebrews 4:12 - 16).

8. To become pure and holy.
Jesus prayed this for all believers that they would be set apart for God and His purposes John 17:17 - 23).  

Biblical_Counselor

Bible Study

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff