Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Returning home from Afghanistan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 am
Please pray for my safety these last few months as my platoon and I finalize packing up our equipment and work on getting home. We're a UAV (or drone as they are called by the media) platoon on a small FOB and are really looking forward to getting home and seeing our families.

What I want to pray for most is a revival within me. I used to fear God and chase him daily, rushing into church any time the doors were open and even leading the youth group and playing in the worship band. Since I joined the military, my flame as dwindled. I don't read my Bible, I don't go to church, and I don't act like the Christian leader of the house that the Bible tells me to be for my wife. The military and the culture that goes with it have been etching away at my fortitude for years now and I find my self with thoughts and such that I would never have dreamed of prior to my enlistment. My testimony has suffered, but not nearly as much as my marriage.

Wednesday marks my third wedding anniversary. Of the three, my first and third will both have taken place while I was deployed. It has made it difficult for both of us and I also feel like it has separated us. My wife is an incredibly independent woman more than capable of looking after herself. Heck, she even looks after me and I'd be lost without her. Anyways, our marriage has gone through a lot of struggles as we try to figure it all out. She is the one God picked for me, I have no reservations about that. I have been a terrible husband to her, though. I have a strong addiction to video games that pretty much has us living in two different rooms. We share the same bed, but that's pretty much it. I recognize that I need to curb my addiction and spend time fulfilling her love language of quality time, but my own selfishness often gets in the way.

Please pray that God would place His hand on me as I struggle to strive for Him again and to let Him lead my marriage again. Divorce is not an option for us, being that our vows were made not only to each other, but also to God. That being said, our passion needs to be rekindled for both each other and for Him.

Also, please pray for our intimate lives. I wont go into details so as to spare the younger members of the guild, but we struggle with scars from her past of being a victim of molestation as well as my own fault of being selfish.

Thank you all for your prayers. Any advice or scripture would be greatly appreciated!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:05 am
Haven923
Please pray for my safety these last few months as my platoon and I finalize packing up our equipment and work on getting home. We're a UAV (or drone as they are called by the media) platoon on a small FOB and are really looking forward to getting home and seeing our families.

What I want to pray for most is a revival within me. I used to fear God and chase him daily, rushing into church any time the doors were open and even leading the youth group and playing in the worship band. Since I joined the military, my flame as dwindled. I don't read my Bible, I don't go to church, and I don't act like the Christian leader of the house that the Bible tells me to be for my wife. The military and the culture that goes with it have been etching away at my fortitude for years now and I find my self with thoughts and such that I would never have dreamed of prior to my enlistment. My testimony has suffered, but not nearly as much as my marriage.

Wednesday marks my third wedding anniversary. Of the three, my first and third will both have taken place while I was deployed. It has made it difficult for both of us and I also feel like it has separated us. My wife is an incredibly independent woman more than capable of looking after herself. Heck, she even looks after me and I'd be lost without her. Anyways, our marriage has gone through a lot of struggles as we try to figure it all out. She is the one God picked for me, I have no reservations about that. I have been a terrible husband to her, though. I have a strong addiction to video games that pretty much has us living in two different rooms. We share the same bed, but that's pretty much it. I recognize that I need to curb my addiction and spend time fulfilling her love language of quality time, but my own selfishness often gets in the way.

Please pray that God would place His hand on me as I struggle to strive for Him again and to let Him lead my marriage again. Divorce is not an option for us, being that our vows were made not only to each other, but also to God. That being said, our passion needs to be rekindled for both each other and for Him.

Also, please pray for our intimate lives. I wont go into details so as to spare the younger members of the guild, but we struggle with scars from her past of being a victim of molestation as well as my own fault of being selfish.

Thank you all for your prayers. Any advice or scripture would be greatly appreciated!

You are in my prayers!  

Dose-Of-Irony

Sparkly Darling

15,350 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:59 pm
My wife and I will be praying for you. I understand what you mean about not striving for God like we used to. I haven't even gone through basic yet, but I have in my life lost sight and urge to be close to God and have been fighting to get back to striving for Christ. I have found that even just trying to become part of the discussions on here and with my friends and family have been helping me strive for Christ again. I will send you a friend request so we can chat some more. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 am
Dose-Of-Irony
Angelus1987

Thank y'all for your prayers. I joined this guild a long time ago and noticed that I was more annoyed with always having notifications from the guild announcements, but I recently reevaluated myself and actually looking forward to digging into the scripture with everyone else here. Little shocked when I saw my prayer request linked in the bottom of one, but mostly encouraged. It speaks miles of what God has planned for me that he would grant me this little sign of acknowledgement.  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 am
By trying to get closer to our Lord, we will be attacked by the very one who wants to destroy us. I know it will be rough and will also be worth it. We have a home waiting for us in Heaven. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:27 am
Angelus1987
By trying to get closer to our Lord, we will be attacked by the very one who wants to destroy us. I know it will be rough and will also be worth it. We have a home waiting for us in Heaven. wink
The shadows prove the sunshine 3nodding  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 am
Glad that now you are realizing the mistake and want to change for the better. *praying*

1 Tim 3: 2-4
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,

Ephesians 5:25 ESV .
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

1 Corinthians 7:10 ESV
To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband.

Divorce is NOT an option! I agree :3  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff