Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:30 pm
Hello, Why Not! It's been forever and a half since I've posted here, let alone actively, and I figure it's time to change that. For those that remember me, it's wonderful to see you again. For those that don't, it's a pleasure to meet you.

~*~

With pleasantries out the way, let's get down to business. I've got two semi-similar group RP ideas and I would like to know who might be interested in what if I make it.

First Idea

This idea is based in a high fantasy, pseudo-medieval setting where all monsters are humanoid females and need humans in order to reproduce. Of course, just because monster girls need humans does not mean that humans need monster girls. Tensions are at an all time high between the two groups as numerous human settlements are attacked, with men, women, and children alike being viciously slaughtered. This is unlike the occasional abductions which took place in years prior, where a couple of men might be abducted in order to provide the local monster women with children. The church, which is very much anti-monster, has hired a brave and valliant hero to do two daunting tasks. First, s/he must figure out the source of all these violent attacks and put an end to them. Second, s/he must end the Emperor(♀) of Monster Kind once and for all - as the church is certain that this can only be her doing. Obviously, you can play as humans or as monster girls if this is made. I have the basics of the main plotline planned and ready.

Second Idea

Like the first idea, this will be based in a high fantasy pseudo-medieval enviornment and will have plenty of opprotunity for world building on both my end and every other member's. Monsters also need humans in order to reproduce, but unlike in the former, all monsters are male. In this world, humans and monsters alike are gradually dwindling in numbers. This is due not only to the long lasting and vicious war between monsters and mankind, but also a massive infertility crisis. The world is slowly withering, but not all hope is lost. There is a prophesy that all will be solved by a supremely fertile woman, known to all as 'The Eve'. However, depending on whether one is human or monster, this is where the prophesy branches. To the former, it is believed that her sacrifice will appease the gods and bring life and children back to the land. To the latter, it is believed that she will be a mother to monsters - one who will birth an army large enough to reclaim the lands that the humans have stolen. Now, everyone is searching for this mystical woman in the vain hope that all their problems will be solved - but is it really so simple? I also have the bare basic plot for this idea planned out.

~*~

Does either idea appeal to you folks? Would you join either of them? If so, which and why? I'd also like to hear any thoughts or commentary you guys might have as well. I'm not going to be taking reservations yet, as there's no guarantee I'll make either if there's not enough interest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 pm
Well you know already how much I like the first one :3  

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 pm
spartan309
Well you know already how much I like the first one :3

Indeed I do! Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. ^u^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:50 pm
I think it's an interesting. I'm good with both ideas. So, what kind of monsters are they? Do they look like humans except with special powers, or do they have different physical characteristics?

Actually, why don't you combine the idea so that the monsters have to reproduce with humans of the opposite gender. Then say there are one "emperor" and/or one "eve".  

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm
lil_lollypop1

Thank you very much for your input!

The monsters have different physical characteristics to an extent, but still look at least vaguely humanoid. There's no plausible way that a traditional dragon is going to be able to mate with an ordinary human without shapeshifting powers, after all. Of course, some monsters will look more humanoid than others.

Aside from monsters that reproduce through unnatural means, like certain undead species that 'repopulate' by turning fitting individuals, I figured that would already be the case. As for there being one emperor and one Eve, that will also be the case - although I'm not sure what you're getting at unless you're implying that there's one destined father. I intended the Emperor in either RP to simply be the de-facto ruler of all monsterkind, although extending his/her role beyond that (depending on which RP) is an interesting prospect.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:06 pm
Thanks and no problem. I'm glad that helps.  

lil_lollypop1

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:49 am
The difference between the good guys and the bad guys

I am good to do both or which ever one you post up Anime. ^_^ Long time no see and hopefully you can inject a little more life into the RP section as it has become some what stagnant as this year drives on.
Is whether they use a human shield or make themselves one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:24 am
Firstly, lemme say "ANIME!!!! YOUVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG!!!" okay now it's outta my system haha.

I personally like both ideas, and I'm rather interested in lollipops idea of combining the two. But if you do, I wonder if people would only want to be monsters...  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 am
shiningdragon21

Thank you. ^u^ It really has been forever and a half, hasn't it? I certainly hope I can, too! It's nice to see that some of you have still stuck around for this long. biggrin

shabatha

I really have. >.< I'm glad you like them. I do want to take elements from both, but ultimately no matter what the monsters are going to be mono-gendered - so hopefully everyone being monsters won't end up a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:22 pm
For everyone who is interested, the RP I've got going is called the Barren Age and it's now ready for accepting profiles. I'm using my second idea as the base from which to work on, as it seemed to have the more solidified plot in my opinion, but I will be using elements from both ideas throughout the story.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:41 pm

I shall be working on mine off and on during the day so probably get it today or tommorow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:47 pm
Alrighty. ^.^ I look forward to it, whenever you have the time and inclination for it.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Working on profiles, codex entry, and species thingy currently. Having to restart cause my firefox decided to die on me the other day. ~_~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:02 pm
Oh, yikes! I'm sorry it did that - I really hate when that happens. >n<

Aand, of course, I look forward to seeing what you send in once you finish. ^u^

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 am

(Bump cause im bored. When is RP gonna start or are more characters needed?)

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff