Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Baby steps { Qui+ Uru } Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 am
Phiferwolf

Qui was.... kind of nervous, for the first time since coming to this new land. While he'd started to grow accustom to the area he'd been stationed to as his new home, there was still so much he didn't know, and so much unexplored territory. It had only been recently that he'd ventured a little further out from his comfort zone, and actually made what was starting to seem like a friend. And said friend was the reason for his nervousness.

His movements were slow, his progress not as productive as it usually was. The stallion was headed closer to the massive school that loomed behind those iron gates, yet... he had still a long way to go. Currently he was passing through the Weeping Forest, a place he frequented to hopefully catch the demon he'd started to join in company. Uru had requested to meet at the very end of the grand forest, thus this would be the closest he'd be getting to the school, and new terrain. Toes wriggling slightly on the earth, gripping and smoothing it, he waited patiently for the hellhound. He kept alert, eyes flickering calmly every which way once in awhile, his wings shuffling faintly at his sides, as though anxious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:14 am
musicaloner7

"Going to just stand there?" the voice, questioning and, oddly, smooth. Just a bit a ways away, Uru stood leaning against a tree with a bemused expression. Pushing off the arbor, the demon moved toward the Horseman. He didn't smile often, he had his smug expressions, his prideful smirks, and his mischievous grins, but his smiles, from what he heard were those charming half smiles that showed his canines off well. This time, he was walking with an expression that didn't fit any of those - just amused. The demon was dressed different this time than before; a nice, steel-blue button-up shirt, rolled up at the elbow and a pair of generic, dark jeans. He wore a pair of fingerless gloves that one would imagine someone who lifted often to have, as well as a inky black, tattered sash that hung from his hip - edge frayed and frosted. "We're not gonna go too far," Uru assured, placing a large firm hand on the ancient's shoulder. "Follow me."

The demon maneuvered casually onto the campus to a nearby raised, stone island that a tree was embedded. Most students used it as a bench, but he enjoyed sitting at the base of the tree. It wasn't the most visited of places on campus since it was kind of out of the way. "Never been before, huh."  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:44 pm
PhiferWolf

That familiar voice snapped Qui's attention over straight away, eyes locking on the burly boil. Lopsided grin twitching faintly into place, he tried to calm his nerves to appear less nervous than he was. Didn't want Uru thinking he was a wuss or anything. Giving a light roll of his shoulders, and casually letting this arms relax at his sides, he gave a final ruffling of his wings, "was just getting myself ready, is all." he mused back. He didn't really know what to expect on the adventure they were about to embark on, but he was definitely glad to have the company he did on this quest. The strong hand clasped onto his shoulder made him look up to the hunk, grin lifting just a bit more, appreciative for the reassurance. Uru seemed like a trustworthy sort, since Qui had started getting to know him. What was the worst that could happen?

He followed after the demon as instructed, already feeling more at ease with the canines presence. Brilliant gold eyes flashed about though, noting their new surroundings as they walked through them, applying them to memory for the future. Keeping close to Uru, he kept looking at any sort of shift or motion in the brush around them, or any sound that was made. But no one appeared before them.

When they arrived at the grand resting spot, he gazed upon it with intrigue, admiring the lovely tree. Looking back down at Uru's question, his grin turned a bit sheepish, "Yeah.." he replied a little quietly, almost embarrassed like. "Furthest I've gotten is the Weeping Forest."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:22 pm
musicaloner7

Uru noticed the Horseman look around, anyone would when they came to a new place. While he would take in the sights to familiarize, he also took into consideration places he could escape to should anything happen. After a year, he's mapped the campus and the town to know his in's-and-out's. So he was understanding of what could be going through the ancient's mind. "Technically, we're still in the Weeping Forest. This is the closest the two meet, and we're far enough from campus that no one will bother us." He supplied as he planted himself down next to the tree, lacing his hand behind his head as he leaned against the thick trunk. His shirt stretched across his chest as he watched with amusement of the sheepish ancient as he moved around.

"I come here when I want to clear my head," he shrugged. "or relax. The dorms are good for that, but fresh air is good."

"Listen, we're not going into the campus if you're not ready for it. As far as I know, and certainly do not care, Horseman may not be allowed on the campus. So, I'd just stay here. No one will see you, no one will get in trouble."  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 am
PhiferWolf

Staring at the school, watching a few figures flying into it, and out, the gates creaking open and closed as people went to and fro, it suddenly hit him. Wait... hadn't he been there before? There'd been a festival that he'd partaken in, what kind he couldn't remember for the life of him, but he had attended it for a brief while. It was there that he'd met another stallion that'd acknowledged him in a most peculiar way. But... that was a festival. Maybe on normal days like these it wasn't allowed. Just an exception that time had been perhaps.

Uru was right, though. He couldn't sense anyone else near them. Relaxing with that realization made, his wings folded at his side neatly, and he followed after the demon, standing beside him, but staring up at the tree curiously. A hand lifted to place on the trunk, fingers curling and petting to feel the tough bark. "It's nice here." calm, quiet, and peaceful. Perfect combination. His golden gaze slid down to Uru as the hellhound spoke again, Qui's expression softening some. That easygoing grin spread back onto his lips as he eased himself down to sit as well, wings adjusting to not get smushed underneath his bum, letting them rest on the ground laxly. Legs crossed like a pretzel, his hands rested inside of them, "I appreciate your kindness, Uru." Like the other had shortened his name, he'd done the same in return. Comfortably.

While the idea of getting closer was tempting, this was just fine as is, and not in the least overwhelming. "You're pretty considerate, and patient, putting up with me as you do." he chuckled lightly, eyes snapping down to watch a pill bug crawl along the ground between them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 am
musicaloner7

Uru noticed the Horseman in thought. What was he thinking about? He shouldn't care, in most situations, he found himself lacking in that department. This wasn't about caring what Qui was thinking about - honestly, that's his business, he was curious. He was curious what the ancient's mind was going through with this new experience; was it like his when he first came here or did the thought process and compartmentalization differ? Chalk it up to the 'does chocolate taste the same' argument.

Uru laid his head back against the bark, closing his eyes to shut off that one sense. Hands stretched and laced behind him like a pillow, his legs apart and bent at the knee. It was nice and peaceful here. He didn't have to be so guarded. He knew Qui was beside him, moving about. He felt the minute pressure of the tree as he touched it. He heard the grass give way to the comparable behemoth as he sat upon it, the sound of feather over feathers as his wings adjusted. The komorebi danced across the shade with the soft breeze that wafted through - given the eerie shaped leaves that Halloween Town had. Actually, more surprising that they had leaves to begin with. The demon took a deep breath, the shirt stretching more than it had already been tormented to do across his chest before deflating with an exhale. He was not kind, he wouldn't describe himself that way. Qui was simply around when he was. Qui was one of the few he had met after Damien nearly commanded him to be social and make friends. So if anything at all, the boil would smell that there was someone with him and leave him alone about being social. However, he found the company the least bit comforting. He just didn't want to be alone anymore. Not again. Uru nodded as a response.

His lips tightened as a soft puff expelled from his nose. "I'm tolerant." he replied. "If I didn't want you around, I'd make that painfully clear. You remind me of myself." - I don't want you to go through what I did. he thought to himself. "The campus is loud, always busy. Students who aren't in class are up and about. The town is even busier. I don't go out when it's busy." It was why he ran early in the morning and worked out late at night at the gym. There was no one around. He doesn't like to be alone, but his actions are what made him so. However, when he comes home, it didn't really matter because there was that monster there waiting for him. Okay, waiting wasn't the appropriate word since it was his place to begin with so it was more like Uru was visiting him on the daily, multiple times a day, and sleeping in the same bed because the couch wasn't made for sleeping on, it was made for sitting.

"What do you do normally." Not so strange - not a question statement and a change of topic. Mostly to stop his head from thinking.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:35 am
PhiferWolf

That breeze was nice... Golden eyes veiled to fully enjoy the press of the wind as it brushed by so softly, and delicately, ruffling his hair ever so lightly, making the tips flutter faintly. It smelled good, too. A little smile rested on his lips easily. He was finding that smiling was something he was starting to do again, recently, thanks to his new companion. The doom and gloom he wallowed in didn't seem to have as strong a grip on him as it had before. It was starting to loosen its hold, and grow weaker. He did have purpose.. he did have a reason for surviving while others hadn't. Surely.

Peeling his eyes open, they slid over to stare curiously at Uru. Qui reminded him of himself? Really? The stallion wanted to ask more on the matter, but was content enough just with that tid bit of information. So he wasn't alone... and he wasn't off putting. That was a relief to know. Smile managing to spread just a tiny bit more, one of his wings curved to gingerly scoop the pill bug that'd been crawling along the ground, onto one of the end feathers. Holding it with great care, he watched the confused creature cautiously tread along its new surface, antenna wavering about to feel along the new path. Normally, a busy place would be Qui's place to be! that is, in the past it would have been. But he was finding himself appreciating the quieter, less rowdy sort of places. He couldn't deny that he did like the festivals that were held, though. There, he could blend in without anyone really minding, and float through at his own leisure.

Watching the little bug, he let his lids lower to halfmast, "Well, I work out every day. Have to keep in shape, being a warrior and all. And since... that's one of the few normal things I have to hold onto anymore." he paused, "From the past." another pause to think, and he exhaled a mild beginning of a snort in amusement, "That's... really about it.." he admitted with a hint of embarrassment. "Sometimes I wander around. Aimlessly, mostly. Trying to find..." he stopped, eyes sort of fading out, "something. What that is... I'm not entirely sure." a light shrug was given, "Purpose, maybe." Qui concluded, turning his wing as the pill bug began to walk along the edge of the feather. "I'm still pretty lost, I guess you could say, since the downfall of my home."

An appreciative glance was spared Uru's way, "But.. not as much as I was a few weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:17 pm
musicaloner7

Uru kept his eyes closed, his head back upon his hands and let everything wash over him. He was relaxing. He knew Qui was beside him doing something - the grass' rustle gave him away - but whatever it was, it wasn't something that would concern him. There was a smell in the air that he wasn't familiar with, one that he probably picked up before; it isn't a small like his own; spicy vanilla with a crispness to it, it wasn't like Qui's that he had encountered before, this one was more of a thought. A taste. He couldn't place his finger on it.

The demon laid there, relaxed and composed, his button up stretched across himself, his clothes clung to his form perfectly just as they were designed to do. He didn't tend to wear baggy, loose clothes unless he was home or he was working out where it was called for. That was probably one thing that his mother managed to instill in him growing up - be presentable when you are out. Sometimes, the cursed her name whenever he did something that she had a hand in teaching him.

"Keeping in shape is a good thing. It's a mindless thing for me. I don't have to think about it; just do it. If I had wanted, I could do it at home and not venture out like I do." He supplied, his shoulders rolled up into a shrug. It was something he did because it was part of his past. In some ways, it was reminding him that his father did it a lot, that his father was large and imposing of a male, but calm and collected even in the face of someone purposely trying to rile him. "Not everyone who wanders are lost, y'know. You just have to find yourself in someone. It's easier to get lost than found, but you can find a lot of things while lost that you didn't know you were looking for." Well, if that wasn't profound... he wasn't sure he knew it himself, the sides of his lips turning down as his eye cracked open to look up into the tree. He was lost for a while; depressed and alone, and he didn't want to be found nor did he want to find himself in others. He didn't want others around him, he knew his face - while handsome, was intimidating at times when he glared and scowled. He didn't expect to find the monster boil as he did, but if he hadn't, he'd probably still be lost.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:02 pm
PhiferWolf

And it seemed they were similar in that respect, too: working out. It was pretty mandatory for him, and by the sounds of it Uru too, like how eating or breathing was. Without it, Qui felt rather... antsy, and finicky almost. And as he realized, it also made him become more reclusive, and enclosed in himself, lacking desire to do anything should he miss a few days of exercise. But wow.... the two of them were really alike! it was.. comforting, and pleasing to hear, actually

His feathers continued to shift, providing a little staircase for the pill bug, Qui watched Uru from the corner of his eyes. Find himself... in someone else..? Hm.. Interesting concept. He'd found a lot of himself, his current self, in the hellhound. While he had encountered a few others, they were all just fleeting company that never bothered sticking around. But that made Qui a bit curious himself... and that slight flicker of mischief he used to have sparked in his mind, "So... what part of yourself were you able to find in that friend of yours?" by the sounds of it, the two were pretty tight in relation. Roommates, even.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:04 pm
musicaloner7

"We like to keep fit for one. We keep ourselves rather organized for the most part; he cooks, I do laundry. Besides being relatively the same species, we get one another on an instinctual level. Plus, he doesn't try to change me like I expect most would." Uru shrugged as he sat himself up. The more he thought about it, the more he saw how well they got along and how well they just synchronized well together. Was it that they did or was it that they worked around each other that it just seemed to work? Sure there were problems and conflicts, but they were always problems in every sort of relationship - it was inevitable. Sighing through his nose, he turned his gaze to the Horseman. "We just work well together and he hasn't kicked me out yet so I guess I'm doing something right."

"I find it more surprising that I talk as much as I do with you. I don't exactly tolerate many creeple." Uru admitted as he rubbed the nape of his neck. It was another fact, he didn't like talking to people and many people don't talk to him because of... well, he was intimidating - that wasn't entirely his fault that he was perceived that way. Still, it was interesting that he spoke to Qui as much as he did.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:35 am
PhiferWolf

As the explanations were given, Qui listened silently and patiently. Mentally, he was attempting to create a form to these descriptions he was given by Uru, though it was more of a blueprint for personality rather than form; besides a seemingly fit body, by the sounds of it. But if Uru felt a connection with the other as he did, maybe he was pretty cool. After all, Qui did enjoy the hellhounds company a great deal, and if the roommate was anything like him, sounded like a chill kind of guy. "Glad to hear it." he commented afterwards, side glancing to Uru, before letting his attention return to the pill bug. Extending an arm, he helped the little fella onto his finger, where it could then scurry along his digits instead, in the same manner as he had the wings. In truth, Qui was a bit jealous...

He was surprised at what Uru said next, eyes snapping over to the canine again with a slightly shocked expression, only seen with the vaguely elevated brows. Well, he couldn't blame Uru for not enjoying the company of many. Heck, he could understand it. While more laidback, and open to various personalities, Qui did have his preferences. "You are nice to talk to, and be around. I'm glad you can feel the same towards me." the corner of his lips twitched in a faint grin, "You know.. I wasn't always like this." he murmured, his grin twitching a little wider, "In fact... I'm not sure you would have liked talking to who I was before."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:59 pm
musicaloner7

"I don't find it easy to get to know others, but you posed a challenge to me that I found... interesting. I guess from there it worked out that we got along." He shrugged. The demon wasn't one to turn down a challenge, accepting them as they came. He learned long ago that if he took longer than to complete a task, doesn't necessarily mean he failed at it. One has to crawl before they can walk, take a hit before throwing one. "Perhaps you just figured a way to get to know me other than the traditional 'Hello'." Definitely helped that he wasn't stupid like some creeple he ran into.

Uru's brows lifted lightly, softening as he looked toward the Ancient's comment. Similar it seems, many qualities that they seemed to share. He didn't know much about the Horsemen, much less about a specific individual within its culture. Qui's tone of voice seemed to deepen when he spoke before growing again as if he was making a statement of jest. Uru turned his gaze back up to the tree himself - his own version of the pill bug distraction. "I think I would be in the same boat. Hated everything and everyone. Didn't care for anything or anyone, for that matter, other than my own mini pets." He commented, further showing their similarities.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 am
PhiferWolf

Watching the rolly-polly scurry along his fingers, lifting them up and down to provide different heights for it to manevuer, the horseman felt his body relax more and more. The comfort of a safe place, and pleasant company, with some quiet... his mind felt some sort of peace in it all. Resting his head back against the bark of the tree, his eyelids drooped some in a lax fashion, wings even drooping to rest on the ground beside him. They were slightly curved along his sides, in a kind of slight hug, encasing the sides of his legs similar to a cocoon a little. "I've never been one to really follow or like tradition." he mused aloud, grin lifting more. Even before his transformation, he'd caused some problems and ruffled many a feathers with his brazen defiance against his societies ways.

The past... would it always haunt him like this? when would he stop thinking about it? would he ever....? it was kind of annoying, really. Constantly dwelling, and dreaming for what used to be. Like an obsession, or a sickness that plagued and never seemed to let up. At least now, there was a pin hole size of light that'd pierced through...
As Uru went on, Qui mentally nodded in agreement and understanding, but he gave a faint exhale through his nose, in what would be the start of a snort or chuckle, "Yeah.. I was the opposite. But.." he glanced slightly towards Uru, but not at him, "I don't think I'd have disliked you for all that." especially considering he himself was closer to that now more than anything. "Challenges are only bait for my kind, after all." a war horseman was strong in their pride and strength, after all.

Though... he was curious now. "What kind of mini's do you have?" he asked in a sort of delayed fashion. Creatures were something he had a strong bond with, after all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 am
musicaloner7
"Tradition is strange. I agree with you, never really followed them. At least intentionally - instinctually, I did. My demon," Uru pressed a hand to his chest. "acted as it always had. I followed suit. I was suppose to be mated to some female from another pack that my mother had blackmailed into an alliance of sorts. Luckily, that fell through because I had no intentions of doing that." He wasn't the type of demon that waged for power over others through any means; either physically or otherwise, for greedy purposes. He took great pride in his strength, intelligence, and determination that made him more than just any demon. He strived to be like that of his father. So, in some ways, he was like a war horseman. "I don't know much about the Horseman, but from what I understand, you are heavily devoted to your traditions, are you not?"

Uru looked down at his hands as it rested easily on his thigh. It wasn't clenched into a fist, it wasn't forcibly held outright, it was relaxed and calm. At this moment, so was he. "For a long time, I figured that if I was every given any sort of happiness, or anything good for that matter, something was around the corner waiting to ruin it. So when I came to Amityville, I knew something bad was going to happen. It wouldn't be until a year later would I realize that I was right." the hellhound demon thought aloud as his fist began to curl, knuckles popping softly. It wasn't too long ago did he actually have a dream - a real dream, the first to compare it to the endless nightmares he has had growing up. With a dream, he was able to compare and realize how crazy and maddening nightmares were. "So, with Damien, I am just waiting for that bad thing to come around to ruin that too. But until then, I'm going to try to enjoy it..."

Uru's head perked up with the question of minis. Did Horseman have them? Of course they would, they were an ample food source! He loved minis, raising and eating them. A soft smile expressed itself upon his face; genuine and sincere. "I have a few that I have living with me. They were the first I was given growing up, and they've stuck with me. A Soul Crusher and a unique Scareon. They're back at my friend's place with his... handful of Foxfires." The accented 'handful' definitely inclined that there was much more than a handful.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:07 pm
PhiferWolf

As he listened to Uru explain his own tie to tradition, he could feel his nose wrinkle up with displeasure. A forced marriage... that sounded absolutely terrible. He couldn't even imagine. Especially considering he had just started growing feelings of what he could only assume was love before the fall of his clan. He was grateful his friend didn't have to see the fate of a forced arrangement. No one should go through that. "Yeah, traditions are a big part of our culture. I can stand by a lot of them, but..." he smirked, "Doesn't mean I don't like to alter them, or go against a few of them. Guess you could say that was cause for upsetting a few stallions and mares, back then." But what did it matter now. Those that remained lived in a new home, with new lives.

Qui was feeling a sort of... lull, with how comfortable he was. Uru's voice was soothing, in a way, just listening to it, and this secluded area didn't have him on edge like he usually was at the horseman camp. Sleep had been something he'd struggled with since getting here, but right now... while he was fully engrossed in the conversation, he couldn't help how his body seemed to fall under a lax spell. Closing his eyes completely, he gave a faint chuckle, "You never cease to continue impressing me, Uru.." he murmured. "I'm certain you'll do what ever you can to keep that bad thing from happening though, won't you? And to me... that's what matters most." While one never had full control over situations and events that transpired, it was what they did about them that amounted to anything.

The mentioned mini's made him visualize them in his head, the pill bug crawling up his fingers, hand, and wrist to travel the tattoo covered arm. "Those sound nice." he commented in a sort of idle, softer tone. "Sound like they make for nice company, too..."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff