Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Museum (Archives)
Portals Mission 1: Songwater Valle (closed, see OOC to join) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm
User Image

Portals is a BASIC level RP. For OOC and to join future missions, please see the Portals OOC thread.
Please do not post in this thread unless you are quoted in this first post. Thank you!

Darin Porter stands in front of the team, who have gathered their gear and stand ready to depart. "Neesha Valleybrook, this mission is dangerous, so you will need supplies and your strength to be ready to heal if needed.

"You will be entering hostile territory that is controlled by an overlord called Marken Oad. He has taken the medical supplies we sent to local villagers and we want to make sure those supplies, along with any other needed supplies you may find, get back to the residents of Songwater Valley. They were flooded by the major river that runs through their valley. When Oad wouldn't send help, they asked us through our contact, Saffy Atwater, a candy maker in the village there.

"Tiki, some of their infrastructure has been destroyed and you may be able to help rebuild it to some degree. See what you can do.

"Karii, you will be acting as security on the team, and if you find an opportunity to do some damage to Oad's fortress, by all means do so. Just don't let any civilians get hurt in the cross-fire.

"So to recap, your mission is to help the people of Songwater Valley rebuild, and get the supplies we sent last month from Oad to the villagers. Anything you can do to slow Oad's oppression is a bonus. Any questions?"

Faith Fairy
Goldine
Waterkin

Note: I only need to edit this post, even if I make no changes, to get your attention again. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 pm
User Image

* As always, Gaia ToS and Rules apply. Absolutely no cybering or offers to cyber elsewhere.

* Please keep post styles unobtrusive so it is easy to follow what is being said. Try to post at least a few sentences so the next person has something to build on.

* You can not harm another player's character without that player's prior written consent posted in this thread.

* Please plan to post at least two days per week. If you know you will be gone more than a week, please post what you want done with your character in your absence (who can play for you, or character falls into a deep sleep and cannot be awakened, or whatever) in this thread. You can also role play falling asleep or whatever in your Mission thread.

* You can not play another player's character without written consent from them posted in this thread. Don't assume you know what the other characters will do. If you do not post in a week's time, I may take over playing for you to keep the game moving until you return. I will PM you if I find this necessary.

* Your character can only be in one place at a time, so if the team gets split up and action is posted from a place your character is not, please do not let your character act on it.

* If it is unclear whether the action you wish to take will succeed (including all combat), please
roll a 20-sided die. I will use that roll to determine your success and post accordingly. Generally the LOWER your roll, the more likely you are to succeed.

* Be sure everyone is together before opening a portal back home. The portal only stays open a few minutes, and can't be opened again for a month!

* If you have a problem with another player, please settle it OOC or bring it to me. As Game Master, my word is final in this game, though I am fairly reasonable.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:51 pm
Mission Summary: Neesha, Tiki, and Karii have been sent to Songwater Valley to get supplies from that thieving overlord Marken Oad to the villagers who have been flooded. Any help rebuilding will be gratefully appreciated, and anything to slow Oad's oppression without harming innocents will also be good.

(I love this part)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Neesha Valleybrook

Neesha grabs an extra first aid kit before nodding the go-ahead.

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tiki

Tiki's tail twitches in excitement and she nods her understanding, then shakes her head no in response to the "any questions" at the end of the debrief. Ready!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image
Karii

Karii walks into debrief, checks her weapons over carefully and then smiles at the destruction aspect before harnessing her rifle. She then puts on a headset with mic, adjusting it slightly before looking at Darin.
"I was up all night dealing with your radio, y'know. It didn't have a wireless setting or an easy mobile hook-up, so I had to jimmy up a connector and wired receiver. How'm I supposed to do my job with one hand tied one of these ancient things? You need new equipment, my friend," she said without malice. She had actually enjoyed the challenge.

Waterkin

Friendly Genius

4,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
JoyRose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 pm
Darin Porter

Darin raised an eyebrow thoughtfully at Karii. "That's an interesting observation. Perhaps you can work on helping us upgrade our radio equipment." Then he nodded to the trio and made a circling gesture with one hand and ...  
JoyRose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 pm
Darin Porter

... chuckled softly. "Well, sometimes it takes more than one attempt. Remember that when you try to open the portal to return, and give yourself time."

[OOC: That means if you are in combat, you can't double post as I'm doing with Darin now. You have to wait for everyone else in the combat to take their turn first.]

Darin repeated the gesture, and ...

Edit: An eight-foot portal opened before them, showing a valley spread out down the hill from their vantage point on a path leading through trees to the river and village below. "Good luck!" Darin said as they passed through the portal.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Neesha Valleybrook

Neesha smiles in response to Darin's self-deprecating humor, then obligingly steps through the portal onto the serene hillside overlooking the valley. After a quick check of her equipment to make sure nothing was damaged in the transition from one world to another, she takes a careful look around them as the others step through.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 pm
Waterkin
Tiki

Tiki bounces on her toes in excitement. "Mine!" She sqeals to Karii. "Fix my radio!" Then she turns to Darrin. "New ones? Shiny new ones? "Yes?" she asks hopefully. Discouraged (a little) by Darrin's negative shake of his head, she sighs and turns huge, hopeful brown eyes to Karii. Then as the portal opens, ~ squirrel ~ she changes focus and dashes through it, leaving Karii behind.  

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Waterkin

Friendly Genius

4,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:07 am
User Image
Karii

Karii watches Tiki curiously for a moment before shrugging and heading through the portal. Once through, she does a quick backwards glance to be sure her sniper rifle made it through okay before checking out their surroundings.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 pm
A valley spreads out down the hill from your vantage point on a path leading through trees to the river and village below. The path is narrow and lumpy, but easy to follow. The trees are dense enough to limit visibility, but glimpses of the village and river are visible at times between them. Behind you are glimpses of more forest leading to the top of a rather large hill or small mountain top. A few steps later, they are lost from sight. The sounds of small animals scurrying about their business can be heard as the travelers climb down the path. Sunshine filters through the leaves and warms you a little. A soft breeze makes the day perfect traveling weather.

Roll your perception (1 d20) with your next post, and tell in what manner you are traveling (walking, running, sneaking, watchful in general, looking for something specific, listening for something specific, etc.).  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 am
Tiki

Tiki runs from tree to unusual bush, fingering new leaves and smelling new flowers. The rustle of startled life that greets her antics slows her hectic pace until she is sneaking around, peering under bushes and looking for tracks on the path.

At first she is quietly (sneakily) delighted to find tracks, until she realizes they belong to Neesha, who greets her slowly rising gaze with quelling disapproval (doesn't matter if Neesha really disapproves or not, that's how Tiki interprets her glance). Tiki puts an admonishing finger on her own lips.

JoyRose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:22 pm
Faith Fairy
Tiki

Tiki runs from tree to unusual bush, fingering new leaves and smelling new flowers. The rustle of startled life that greets her antics slows her hectic pace until she is sneaking around, peering under bushes and looking for tracks on the path.

At first she is quietly (sneakily) delighted to find tracks, until she realizes they belong to Neesha, who greets her slowly rising gaze with quelling disapproval (doesn't matter if Neesha really disapproves or not, that's how Tiki interprets her glance). Tiki puts an admonishing finger on her own lips.

Rolling your perception for you biggrin  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Faith Fairy

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 pm
JoyRose
Faith Fairy
Tiki

Rolling your perception for you biggrin
Oh thank you! sweatdrop  
Village Museum (Archives)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas