Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:04 am
a horrible english dub of an anime that was passable at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:19 am
Which anime?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:23 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Which anime?
If I say, it might insult the fans, but, it has to do with vampires and the pronunciation of a certain name of one of the characters.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:07 pm
Saikii
Kor Saiyajinkami
Which anime?
If I say, it might insult the fans, but, it has to do with vampires and the pronunciation of a certain name of one of the characters.

I just randomly looked up vampire anime... and apparently there's at least 22 different vampire-themed animes. xd

Anyway, why would it insult fans? Most respectable anime fans know that English dubs can be a bit below par at times, especially when taking into consideration of the time they are being dubbed or who is doing the dubbing (pros vs. amateurs). Mispronunciation of character names (especially if they kept the original Japanese names) can be expected with lower talented dubbers. So... I don't really understand why you're being so hush-hush about which anime you're watching. neutral  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 am
Okay. It's Vampire Knight. Honestly, the dub could have been better. The way they pronounce Kaname drives me crazy and I couldn't finish VP Guilty. COULD. NOT. FINISH. IT! @~@; I was afraid I'd offend someone passionate about it. I like the writer/artist's other works a lot better! Meru Puri is a personal favorite of mine. I think it would have made a decent anime. Alas, never happened...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm
Saikii
Okay. It's Vampire Knight. Honestly, the dub could have been better. The way they pronounce Kaname drives me crazy and I couldn't finish VP Guilty. COULD. NOT. FINISH. IT! @~@; I was afraid I'd offend someone passionate about it. I like the writer/artist's other works a lot better! Meru Puri is a personal favorite of mine. I think it would have made a decent anime. Alas, never happened...

How do they pronounce the name?  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 am
Oh, well, your problem is because you're watching a dub. Dubs will always end up having some weird pronunciations.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 am
Prof. Moonie
Saikii

Kaw-nuh-may... Yep... Every other anime I've seen pronounces it Kaw-nuh-mee.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 am
Saikii
Prof. Moonie
Saikii

Kaw-nuh-may... Yep... Every other anime I've seen pronounces it Kaw-nuh-mee.

Funny enough, "kah-nah-meh" (or how you wrote it out "kaw-nuh-may") is the correct Japanese pronunciation of the name. whee  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games