Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
How God Literally Saved My Life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Muggy

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 pm
So, to start out my testimony, I was around 12 or 13 (exactly when, I can't remember) when I accepted Jesus as my Savior. I know, without a doubt, where I will be going when my time on Earth is through.

Please note: if stories of child abuse are triggers to you, do NOT keep reading.

Fast forward a few years. I was fifteen. It was a cold November Tuesday as I was getting ready for school. I had gotten into a fight with a friend the day before and I was going to walk a little over a mile to school so I didn't have to ride the bus and risk her starting a fight with me on the bus. Some family friends of ours were living with us at the time. My mom was working, one friend was working, one was sleeping after coming home from his night shift job. That left one person to get us out the door. For confidentiality purposes, I am calling this person R.

R had heard that I was planning on walking to school and said I was not allowed to do so. I asked if he could drive me because of the circumstances the day before and expressed my concerns about this girl starting fights on the bus. R said no, that I was to ride the bus.

All I said was, "I don't want to."

R began to throw me around the house. Literally. After throwing me against the kitchen counters, I took off towards the front door. R pinned me in a corner, locked the door, and proceeded to slap me in the head. He said he would stop if I got on the bus to school. After a few minutes of this, he asked if I would ride the bus. I said, "Yes if you will stop slapping me!" He stopped, asked me if it was really that hard to say, then turned to deal with my little sister L, who was trying to call my mom at work.

I took advantage of the situation and bolted out the door. R's daughter A grabbed me and held onto me, telling me she refused to let me go call the police on her dad. I shed my jacket and took off running.

While I managed to outrun R, he caught up toe when he got his mini van and forced me into it. He locked the door and took me home, saying he refused to let me out of the car until the school bus got there. I told him I hadn't eaten anything and my high school does not serve breakfast. He replied with how it was too bad for me that the school didn't provide breakfast. So I half lied and told him I needed to get my schoolwork, or I would get detention. He let me out, but followed me all over the house.

My memory is a little fuzzy as to what happened next. I was at the bus stop with this guy hanging over me. His daughter, A, said SOMETHING, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. I remember taking a step forward and my vision went black. When I was able to see again, I was on my hands and knees on the pavement. I stood up, dusted myself off, and R started pounding on my head with his fists, screaming, "If you want to beat up on A, I'll beat up on you and see how you like it!" I tried fighting R off. He weight twice my weight and it didn't seem to be bothering him. After I stopped trying to fight him off, I saw my life flash before my eyes.

I genuinely feared that I was going to die. I was going to die in my driveway and R was going to say I deserved it. I remember thinking, "God save me!"

Not even two seconds later, something told me to duck. And I did. And I ran and hid behind my baby brother.

After taunting me and telling me not to even BOTHER calling the police because no one would believe me, I told an adult. He was taken to jail not even an hour later.

I have had the cruel atheists try and disprove me, saying it was just instinct that took over. Two things with that: the timing was too perfect and my instinct told me to fight back.

To this day, I FIRMLY believe I am living today because of my faith.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 am
Amen, brother; that story can impact lives, whether we realize it or not. Faith in knowing where we'll be going and meeting after our lives in this world is over is excellent, non?  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:22 am
Thank you for sharing!
Yep, the timing is too perfect to think it was just coincidence/luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 am
Kaosujin Ryu
Amen, brother; that story can impact lives, whether we realize it or not. Faith in knowing where we'll be going and meeting after our lives in this world is over is excellent, non?

Sister. Lol.

And you know, I have forgiven R for what he did to me. People say I shouldn't have.

But you know what? I feel better about the whole mess.  

Kitsune Muggy

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am
Kitsune Muggy
Kaosujin Ryu

Sister. Lol.

And you know, I have forgiven R for what he did to me. People say I shouldn't have.

Great story. Looks like 911 child has a female doppelganger. XP Lol. (Just kdding 911child, Love ya bro)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:46 am
Kitsune Muggy
Sister. Lol.

It is one of the things Jesus was trying to teach us in the "Lord's Prayer". Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. Your story will reach many and I pray that you will continue to uphold Jesus' teachings. heart  

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 am
There have been many times in my life where the same voice has told me to do things that weren't quite so extreme, but wound up making a huge difference in my life. Use your testimony often because too often there winds up being ears that are passed up with-out being given any chance.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:57 pm
Wow.

That was powerful. Praise the Lord for saving you!

I hope the person [R] has/will come to the full knowledge of the saving grace and life that is found in Jesus Christ alone. May his heart be softened and his life profoundly changed for the better. And may God continue to heal those who have been affected by that incident In Jesus' mighty Name. Amen.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces