Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
How do you know the difference......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:26 am
How do you tell the difference between what God is saying, what your heart is saying, whether you're just giving in to what others are saying or what not. And im not talking about black and white matters, I'm talking about things that are more in the gray area. How do you know if what you're doing is from God leading you, your heart, or societal norms? I'll explain why I'm asking this later  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:59 am
Always check with the God's Word, to see if you can find a general principle there for what He expects of us in that particular situation. Our hearts can sometimes mislead us, and we should not take peoples words as something to be trusted. The grey areas tend to become either white, or black as you apply a Biblical lens.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm
I think the best way to know if you're doing God's will rather than human will is to check The Bible. It says a lot about different matters that affect us. The Bible was written by prophets and followers of Christ so they would have reported exactly how God feels about certain matters regardless of how we humans feel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:04 pm
Prayer and studying the Bible.

Having a mentor, an older person who you are comfortable with and who knows the Bible well, can really help you get started determining that or working through other problems and confusion.  

Weary Druid

Feral Shapeshifter

11,575 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items