Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
My testimony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lady suicune

Elfin Moonwalker

27,800 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:42 am
Hi, my name is Elizabeth. This is how the lord has saved me.

I use to believe in something else. When I was in high school I was in love with the devil. And that love almost destroyed me. I thought I was someone else. I didn't realize I have paranoid schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and learning problems. I thought I was more powerful then god. My step-mom some how knew something was wrong after high school.

I was put on medicine and got better. I soon got a job and was there for 7 years. Then before I left the job I asked if it was okay if I went to church. ( My family don't go to church.) They said yes. I soon grew to love church. And just got baptized on the 10th of this month.

I'm hoping one day I'll be full cured. (Sorry, tiring to explain the best way I can.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:25 am
It is good to hear that the LORD saw what you needed and placed a person in your life that was able to understand that something was not right.
Congratulations with the baptism! Way to go!

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It is an obedience thing, not a salvation thing, but everyone should do it.

- Garland  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:38 am
Luke 15:10 says "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." and as the story pertaining to the verse says, we shall rejoice too! smile Congratulations! mrgreen I pray that God gives you strength, patience, and a love for Him that never fades.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 pm
Lady Magmar
Hi, my name is Elizabeth. This is how the lord has saved me.

I use to believe in something else. When I was in high school I was in love with the devil. And that love almost destroyed me. I thought I was someone else. I didn't realize I have paranoid schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and learning problems. I thought I was more powerful then god. My step-mom some how knew something was wrong after high school.

I was put on medicine and got better. I soon got a job and was there for 7 years. Then before I left the job I asked if it was okay if I went to church. ( My family don't go to church.) They said yes. I soon grew to love church. And just got baptized on the 10th of this month.

I'm hoping one day I'll be full cured. (Sorry, tiring to explain the best way I can.)

Hello Elizabeth! Thanks for sharing your testimony and hope all is well with you father smile
Out of curiosity, may I ask about "love with the devil": What are the things you did to express your love?
And how did (out of nowhere) you want to go to church? Did you see a vision/ hear God's calling?
If you are not comfortable in answering, that's okay.

This verse also struck me as believer myself so I am sharing it. I know you care with your family, keep it up heart
1 Timothy 5:8 ESV
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

lady suicune

Elfin Moonwalker

27,800 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:07 am
What are the things you did to express your love? Use to have dreams of the devil. Saying he loved me. Some how I fell in love with him out of pity.
And how did (out of nowhere) you want to go to church? I want to give it a try. I was blessed to like.
Did you see a vision/ hear God's calling? Nope.  
Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games