Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Urgent: Scared I'm not saved. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 pm
Please pray for me that I would come to know the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ if I'm lost. And please pray that I would come to have the assurance of my salvation if I'm truly saved. I notice that when I have the assurance of my salvation, I tend to be joyful in the Lord and want to please Him, but lately I've been doubting because I'm having trouble with some personal sins. I'm willing to let them go and want to let them go, but I'm struggling with them.

Please pray for me. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am
Zippytune
Please pray for me that I would come to know the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ if I'm lost. And please pray that I would come to have the assurance of my salvation if I'm truly saved. I notice that when I have the assurance of my salvation, I tend to be joyful in the Lord and want to please Him, but lately I've been doubting because I'm having trouble with some personal sins. I'm willing to let them go and want to let them go, but I'm struggling with them.

I'll pray for ya, hun; once you have your salvation, however... it isn't the Lord nor yourself giving you doubts in whether you are saved... but Satan trying to weaken your resolve. I know well about how it feels to doubt yourself and struggle with your own desires and habits, as I do the same thing everyday myself. Just remember - John 10:10 -- "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
Zippytune

I'll pray for ya, hun; once you have your salvation, however... it isn't the Lord nor yourself giving you doubts in whether you are saved... but Satan trying to weaken your resolve. I know well about how it feels to doubt yourself and struggle with your own desires and habits, as I do the same thing everyday myself. Just remember - John 10:10 -- "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Thank you. I agree that Satan has been really trying to get my down lately with doubts. Every time I have assurance and start being joyful, I get this thought, "...You can't possibly be saved. Just look at this, this and this in your life." Although, it's always good to examine ourselves to see if we're saved, like scripture says, but...when I over-analyze myself, it can get me really down.

I want to get to a point where, like some people say, you start thinking, "I have sinned, yes.... But thank God for His mercy in saving me," and then you move forward with extra joy and drive.

I'm not nearly as mature as I'd like to be. It feels sometimes like I'm just trudging through life in lukewarmness. But I will keep praying. u___u  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 pm
Zippytune
Kaosujin Ryu
Zippytune

Thank you. I agree that Satan has been really trying to get my down lately with doubts. Every time I have assurance and start being joyful, I get this thought, "...You can't possibly be saved. Just look at this, this and this in your life."

I want to get to a point where, like some people say, you start thinking, "I have sinned, yes.... But thank God for His mercy in saving me," and then you move forward with extra joy and drive.

I'm not nearly as mature as I'd like to be. It feels sometimes like I'm just trudging through life in lukewarmness. But I will keep praying. u___u

I'm going through the same thing. I've had the thought 'You aren't any better than anyone else... you screw up and will continue to screw up no matter what you do.' It's kinda funny... but I've never thought of myself as better than anyone else; I'm well aware that everyone screws up and sins time after time... but it's by the Grace of God that I know that even though I screw up, I have a Savior who will forgive me... simply by bringing it to him... and tossing Satan out the window right on his horned skull, preferably at 120 mph.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

STICK MY FIST

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:33 pm
Zippytune

I'll pray for you too, dear.
I've also been having this problem. We can help each other.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 pm
Make sure you're wearing your Helm of Salvation. Protect your thought life from the enemy. He is always there to accuse you of your sin. Don't give him an inch in your thought life or else he'll take a mile.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 pm
I will pray for you too. It seems like a lot of us are struggling. We just have to remember that we are in God's protection and Satan will be defeated. We are created by God and made in His image.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 pm
I'll keep you in my prayers  

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

laylarose06

Loyal Friend

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm
I will definitely be praying for you! I've been through doubting whether or not I'm saved more times than I care to remember. And yes most of those doubts were because of the remaining sin that I saw in my like. My pastor has been preaching through the death of Christ, and one point he brought out that has been so encouraging and wonderful to think about, are Jesus' last words, "It is finished!" Just meditate on that...Christ has taken away the punishment for our sins. For all of our sin, even the ones we are yet going to commit. Christ meant that the sin debt has been paid in full! Nothing has to be added to it. Not our good works or trying to live a perfect sinless life.
If you want I can post a link of sermon. I found it to be such a blessing to me and I'm sure God could use it to be a blessing to you as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:30 pm
I used to have doubts like this often. I loved God, I tried to serve him, but I seriously (and sometimes still do) fear the coming of Christ because I thought I wasn't good enough and that I would be left behind. I doubted often that I was saved, because, after all, I still had ___ sin in my life and ___ other sin, too. I hadn't accomplished anything significant for the Lord, and so surely he wouldn't want me when the time came.

A lot of it comes from the enemy, and I think for me the biggest thing he attacked me with was my self esteem. I have often struggled with, and at times still do struggle with, seeing my worth. When I used to look in the mirror, all I would see were flaws. I couldn't see that I had value or worth in Christ, and so because of this I couldn't believe he could possibly forgive me. I seriously believed the things in the Bible about God's love and forgiveness were true for everyone else, but myself. That's a lie of the enemy, though. Thanks to a lot of personal ministry, a book study and the continuous love and support and prayers from friends and family, I have since stopped believing it. Even now, however, I have to watch myself because I still have those thoughts try to sneak in and I have to reassure myself every time that they do that they're a lie from the enemy.

I don't know if this is something you struggle with or not, but rest assured that it's not abnormal to be attacked with the fear that your salvation is false.

Here are two songs that help me when I am facing these doubts, I'm going to share links for them here and I hope they help you. :3 (I would advise though, not reading the comments on the videos. The woman who wrote these songs has since left her calling and the comment section can get fairly...uh...drama-ish because of it.)

His Grace and Hold me Now  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:35 pm
*praying*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 pm
Zippytune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFfgQtS528

I'll pray for you

also whatever you're struggling with, the fact that you want to let it go is in a way a testimony of your salvation because you want to get rid of them but the problem is you keep going back to them because of the lust of the flesh, so continue to repent everytime you fall, always repent, the true Christian will always repent even if they have fallen many times throughout the day, but there needs to be a genuine repentance. So repent and believe.  

starry night-163

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 pm
laylarose06
I will definitely be praying for you! I've been through doubting whether or not I'm saved more times than I care to remember. And yes most of those doubts were because of the remaining sin that I saw in my like. My pastor has been preaching through the death of Christ, and one point he brought out that has been so encouraging and wonderful to think about, are Jesus' last words, "It is finished!" Just meditate on that...Christ has taken away the punishment for our sins. For all of our sin, even the ones we are yet going to commit. Christ meant that the sin debt has been paid in full! Nothing has to be added to it. Not our good works or trying to live a perfect sinless life.
If you want I can post a link of sermon. I found it to be such a blessing to me and I'm sure God could use it to be a blessing to you as well.

Could you? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:50 pm
starry night-163
Zippytune

I'll pray for you

also whatever you're struggling with, the fact that you want to let it go is in a way a testimony of your salvation because you want to get rid of them but the problem is you keep going back to them because of the lust of the flesh, so continue to repent everytime you fall, always repent, the true Christian will always repent even if they have fallen many times throughout the day, but there needs to be a genuine repentance. So repent and believe.

Thank you. --hugs--  

Chxsa

Bright Bunny

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 pm
Zippytune
starry night-163
Zippytune

I'll pray for you

Thank you. --hugs--

*hugs* love you!  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas