A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Ever violated a lease?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

At my old apartment they never found out.
  I kept the tortoise on the patio.
View Results

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 am
User Image

I live in a town that I'm pretty sure hates animals. The whole time I looked for a place to live all of them had a no pets policy except for one that was outside pets only. How do you keep an inside cat outside? So I keep 2 cats in my house and a tortoise in the garden. Maybe I'm a bad person for violating my lease, but things like this are a huge contributor to the number of pets who get euthanized in this nation. And I'm not putting my pets at risk.

Ever signed a lease and then intentionally ignored some of the rules?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:28 pm
User Image

My mom did that.
You're allowed to have one cat, one dog, and one caged animal where she lives.
However, she broke this rule so many times over the last 15 years that they no longer give a s**t. She currently has two cats (one of which is about to have kittens because the neighbour's outside cat clawed his way in through the cover of the air conditioner...she is NOT happy!), 3 small dogs, 3 puppies that are off to their new homes this week (the parents have been fixed now), they have a gerbil, three parrotlets and two conures.
The whole place is moulding and rotting from the inside out because they never fixed the water damage though, so they have to completely redo the unit when she moves out anyway. They stopped caring about ten years ago.

I have two cats that while we're supposed to put on the lease, we never did and don't have to due to a technicality.

User Image

AngelBiscuits

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm
AngelBiscuits
User Image

My mom did that.
You're allowed to have one cat, one dog, and one caged animal where she lives.
However, she broke this rule so many times over the last 15 years that they no longer give a s**t. She currently has two cats (one of which is about to have kittens because the neighbour's outside cat clawed his way in through the cover of the air conditioner...she is NOT happy!), 3 small dogs, 3 puppies that are off to their new homes this week (the parents have been fixed now), they have a gerbil, three parrotlets and two conures.
The whole place is moulding and rotting from the inside out because they never fixed the water damage though, so they have to completely redo the unit when she moves out anyway. They stopped caring about ten years ago.

I have two cats that while we're supposed to put on the lease, we never did and don't have to due to a technicality.

User Image
User Image

That's actually pretty funny. But it's still sad how many renters make these ridiculous pet rules. My sister rents a couple of houses out and has a no pet policy. And what bothers me the most about it is the fact that she has cats and 2 small children. I'm sure if I were to ask which were messier, she'd probably say it was her kids. ******** logic.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:53 pm
A buddy of mine lives and a really strict upscale apartment in Dallas.
She cant have any animals what so ever.

But she snuck in her ball python and a cat that she rescued as a kid.

She hasn't gotten caught yet but if she dose she could get evicted and pay a fine.  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 pm
Nenanah

She hasn't gotten caught yet but if she dose she could get evicted and pay a fine.
User Image

On my lease agreement it says if it's found out we have pets in the house there would be a $100 fee for every animal for every single day they lived in the house up to when they are removed. rolleyes

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 pm
A-B0T
Nenanah

User Image

On my lease agreement it says if it's found out we have pets in the house there would be a $100 fee for every animal for every single day they lived in the house up to when they are removed. rolleyes

User Image

That is really gay. How long do you have to live there?  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:15 pm
Nenanah
A-B0T
Nenanah

User Image

User Image

That is really gay. How long do you have to live there?
User Image

A year. But I'm not staying if I find a better job and pay the violation fee.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:17 pm
Yep. I break the no pets rule as well. I have two pet rats.
I think it is absurd that at the other house on the property they are allowed pets but at the rundown ex consulting room shack I rent I am not allowed any.
I think the house on the other side of mine is owned by the same people as well and they have cats.
Crazy!!!!
Meh, I just take my ratties to my mother's place whenever I have an inspection.  

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:50 am
I lived in an apartment that had no pets, no cats or dogs, So I got a guinea pig. When I left the pace, they changed their policy to have pets. Go figure.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games