Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayers and positive thoughts, please Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:32 am
Hi everyone

Would like to take a moment to ask for prayer request. Short and sweet: I have become very ill recently. Unfortunately, timing couldn't be worse as I look forward to starting nursing school on Monday. I am afraid my current state will hold me back from thriving in the program.

Any positive thoughts, words, or prayers would be appreciated. Thank you heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:11 am
Praying dear!

James 5:16 ESV
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 am
I'll keep you in my prayers  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:05 am
I will pray for you. Remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. smile  

Angelus1987

Friendly Citizen

8,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 am
I have to disagree with you a little Angelus. lol. I hope you don't mind. I think God sometimes gives us more than we can handle. Think about Job! What does God expect of us when the bad things in our lives seem to have no end, and we are afflicted on every side, nobody is there to support us, and all seems dark and hopeless. Hopelessness can happen even to us who have the greatest hope anyone can possibly have. We are told to rejoice nonetheless!

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places.

We should not forget God while we are afflicted. Many people do. We don't always know the why's, and I don't think we could comprehend it fully even if it was explained to us, so we should hold firmly onto what we have, praise Him, and love Him as He has loved us, despite what the world is throwing our way in terms of trouble. Sometimes He doesn't prevent us from going into hardship, and pain and misery, but He brings us through it, and it shapes us and fashions us to be more like Him. He holds us up, and cover us with His "wings", preventing us from being completely blown away in the storm, but He doesn't necessarily prevent the storm from coming. I know it must be really terrible to have gotten into nursing, and then perhaps have to not attend because of health, and I can see how that would be something that is bitter, but remember in all of it also what you have. It is easy for me to say who are healthy to someone sick, but I don't expect I will always be healthy, and it is a good thing to always remind ourselves of, no matter what our current situation is. We are not without hope in this world, like those around us who do not know Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Emphasis mine.

I will pray for you. You pray too. ^_^
God bless you, and keep you in your difficult time.
May He guard your heart and your body, and bring you through this. God, let other doors be opened for her, if this one closes. Don't abandon her, but support her, and should she fall, pick her up.
God bless you, in the name of our Lord - Jesus Christ. Amen!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:54 pm
Wow, I appreciate everyone that read and responded to this. Truly, thank you.

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.  

olisea

Muse

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:36 pm
Update: Survived the first week of nursing school and my boyfriend paid for me to get blood work that I otherwise couldn't afford... Find out the results in about 3-4 days.

Thank you again for the feedback and comments. Really appreciate it heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 pm
Vallenya
Update: Survived the first week of nursing school and my boyfriend paid for me to get blood work that I otherwise couldn't afford... Find out the results in about 3-4 days.

Thank you again for the feedback and comments. Really appreciate it heart

I am glad to hear you got through the first week. The first weeks are usually tough until you figure out what to do, and what is going on. smile Hopefully your blood work will show something that is easily curable, if not easily curable, then something easily manageable. heart

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:38 am
Unfortunately, I failed out of nursing school (by a single point on a math/dosage exam) and shortly after found out I have a posterior/fossa arachnoid cyst in my brain the size of a small tangerine. The MRI reports it is interfering with my cerebellum activity and also causing intracranial pressure.

I must admit, I feel very defeated right now...

The good news is that I was accepted into another college and am going to attempt their bachelor program.

Am also looking into treatment options... Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Hope you all are well. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 am
Vallenya
Unfortunately, I failed out of nursing school (by a single point on a math/dosage exam) and shortly after found out I have a posterior/fossa arachnoid cyst in my brain the size of a small tangerine. The MRI reports it is interfering with my cerebellum activity and also causing intracranial pressure.

I must admit, I feel very defeated right now...

The good news is that I was accepted into another college and am going to attempt their bachelor program.

Am also looking into treatment options... Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Hope you all are well. heart

At least you tried though right? It is better to have tried, and fail as they say - then to have never tried at all. At least you can say that you tried your hardest. You didn't just give up when things got tough, but you stayed and tried, and you did learn things. I understand that it must feel like a defeat, but you should be pleased with yourself. You only failed by one point, considering the disadvantage you have and the stress you have experience... You are taking a very demanding study. I will be praying for you that you find a good treatment option, and that you will succeed this time with your studies. heart God bless you, and keep you.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:03 pm
I appreciate all the comments. My kidneys have decided to take on an antibiotic-resistant strain of E. Coli - it's resistant to four different antibiotics. It's possible that this has been making me ill for months.

The medication I am on now (Macrobid) is very strong... and am really counting on this medication to knock this infection out. Have not been a happy camper the past couple weeks or past year. Don't know anymore, honestly. Just at a loss for words. Tired of suffering. Sometimes so tired, I pray that God take me from this world. Though, I know that is not something one should pray for.

On the bright side, I am thankful to have come across a caring doctor that finally found the infection. Neurologist and neurosurgeon agree there is no need to operate on the brain cyst unless it begins to grow. I am still left to deal with symptoms, but there are a lot of risks with surgery (especially with shunts, due to infection).

It's in God's hands now. God bless, everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 am
Arachnoia
I appreciate all the comments. My kidneys have decided to take on an antibiotic-resistant strain of E. Coli - it's resistant to four different antibiotics. It's possible that this has been making me ill for months.

The medication I am on now (Macrobid) is very strong... and am really counting on this medication to knock this infection out. Have not been a happy camper the past couple weeks or past year. Don't know anymore, honestly. Just at a loss for words. Tired of suffering. Sometimes so tired, I pray that God take me from this world. Though, I know that is not something one should pray for.

On the bright side, I am thankful to have come across a caring doctor that finally found the infection. Neurologist and neurosurgeon agree there is no need to operate on the brain cyst unless it begins to grow. I am still left to deal with symptoms, but there are a lot of risks with surgery (especially with shunts, due to infection).

It's in God's hands now. God bless, everyone.

God bless you too. Thank you for keeping us updated.
It is normal to be tired of suffering.

2 Corinthians 1:8
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself.

God got Paul through it. I am sure He can do the same for you. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 am
Very rough night tonight. The rain seems to wreak havoc on my head due to the barometric pressure. I fall at random and most days am confined to my bed.

I am on forums for Arachnoid Cysts on Facebook... If anyone is reading this, please pray a prayer for everyone that suffers from Arachnoid Cysts. They are benign in nature, but doctors do not treat them seriously because they are considered "incidental findings" in their textbooks. New medical journals prove that these cysts can cause permanent damage and possibly fatal... Some of them can be asymptomatic (not displaying any symptoms), which is why so many doctors do not look at these brain cysts on a case-by-case basis.

I've read so many stories of those suffering who also cannot get help. Babies, children, adults who have no one else to support them. Some of their stories bring me to tears because it feels so hopeless having a condition that doctors seem to shrug away... Most of them are not well-versed in Arachnoid Cysts.

Please, if you are reading this, I am not asking for prayers on behalf of myself. I am asking for prayers for an entire community suffering with brain cysts that doctors do not treat seriously. All you have to do is search "Arachnoid Cyst Forums" and you will see how many people are suffering... Doctors abandoning them even mid-treatment with infected shunts and leaving their skulls exposed to the elements because that's how little they truly know in regard to how to treat these cysts.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:13 pm
Arachnoia
Hi everyone

Would like to take a moment to ask for prayer request. Short and sweet: I have become very ill recently. Unfortunately, timing couldn't be worse as I look forward to starting nursing school on Monday. I am afraid my current state will hold me back from thriving in the program.

Any positive thoughts, words, or prayers would be appreciated. Thank you heart

I prayed for you, maybe try some natural treatments for this if you haven't already tried?  

starry night-163

Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces