Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayers and positive thoughts, please Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:59 pm
starry night-163
I prayed for you, maybe try some natural treatments for this if you haven't already tried?

Thank you for the kind prayers heart

I wish I knew of some natural health remedies... The atrophy of my cerebellum is being caused due to the pressure of the cyst sitting on it

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This isn't my cerebellum, and my case isn't this bad (yet)... I should actually make comparison photos to show, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:02 pm
While Jackson girl, 15, awaits brain surgery to remove cyst, her family endures financial struggles

This is one of the girls in our community that is spreading public awareness about her struggle with having Arachnoid Cysts.  

olisea

Muse

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 pm
Arachnoia
starry night-163
I prayed for you, maybe try some natural treatments for this if you haven't already tried?

I wish I knew of some natural health remedies... The atrophy of my cerebellum is being caused due to the pressure of the cyst sitting on it

This isn't my cerebellum, and my case isn't this bad (yet)... I should actually make comparison photos to show, though.

I EDITED THIS:
Maybe some turmeric might help with the symptoms? however if you were to take turmeric I would suggest you look into how much to take because taking high doses of it can be bad and also find out how it can affect you and if it will conflict with any medication you're taking, ect. http://www.livescience.com/41760-turmeric-supplement-facts.html read the section titled "Is turmeric safe?" so you can know more or less how much to take and whether it's a good idea for you to take some or not. I'm not sure if coconut oil would help but it is a great immune system booster/anti inflamatory oil, taking it with turmeric might lower your blood pressure and blood sugar even more though (that's just my guess, I'm not sure if it would but I think it might) so I suggest just trying one or the other not both at the same time. If you get coconut oil, try to make sure it's organic, unrefined, cold pressed, extra virgin(or just virgin), non GMO, unbleached/undeoderized coconut oil because the other kinds, especially the hydrogenated kind(hydrogenated coconut oil is really bad for you) are either not good for you, or as good for you depending on what you get. You would take up to 3 tablespoons of it, however start off slow and build up to 3 tablespoons over the month like do one tablespoon the first week, and 2 tablespoons the next week, and then 3 tablespoons the next week and a half and you can just continue taking 3 tablespoons a day after that or just do 2 tablespoons a day but build up to it so you don't overwhelm your body and you wouldn't take them all at once because that might not be so good for you, you would take them throughout the day instead, like 1 tablespoon in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night, you can add coconut oil to oatmeal, or smoothies, ect. it's a really healthy oil. I would really suggest you talk to a doctor about this first before trying these things because for all we know this can make it worse or conflict with medication or do something else that would be bad, so just to be safe I suggest you talk to a doctor first. These are all just suggestions of things that might help, not medical advice so please don't take it as that, I'm just trying to give you ideas of things that might help you out with the symptoms at least. I hope you get better! I'll pray that you do smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:13 pm
starry night-163
Arachnoia
starry night-163

I EDITED THIS:
Maybe some turmeric might help with the symptoms? however if you were to take turmeric I would suggest you look into how much to take because taking high doses of it can be bad and also find out how it can affect you and if it will conflict with any medication you're taking, ect. http://www.livescience.com/41760-turmeric-supplement-facts.html read the section titled "Is turmeric safe?" so you can know more or less how much to take and whether it's a good idea for you to take some or not. I'm not sure if coconut oil would help but it is a great immune system booster/anti inflamatory oil, taking it with turmeric might lower your blood pressure and blood sugar even more though (that's just my guess, I'm not sure if it would but I think it might) so I suggest just trying one or the other not both at the same time. If you get coconut oil, try to make sure it's organic, unrefined, cold pressed, extra virgin(or just virgin), non GMO, unbleached/undeoderized coconut oil because the other kinds, especially the hydrogenated kind(hydrogenated coconut oil is really bad for you) are either not good for you, or as good for you depending on what you get. You would take up to 3 tablespoons of it, however start off slow and build up to 3 tablespoons over the month like do one tablespoon the first week, and 2 tablespoons the next week, and then 3 tablespoons the next week and a half and you can just continue taking 3 tablespoons a day after that or just do 2 tablespoons a day but build up to it so you don't overwhelm your body and you wouldn't take them all at once because that might not be so good for you, you would take them throughout the day instead, like 1 tablespoon in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night, you can add coconut oil to oatmeal, or smoothies, ect. it's a really healthy oil. I would really suggest you talk to a doctor about this first before trying these things because for all we know this can make it worse or conflict with medication or do something else that would be bad, so just to be to sure I suggest you talk to a doctor first. These are all just suggestions of things that might help, not medical advice so please don't take it as that, I'm just trying to give you ideas of things that might help you out with the symptoms at least. I hope you get better! I'll pray that you do smile

I was actually taking a tumeric supplement for awhile there -- good to know I was doing something right! You are all spot on with the advice you gave - especially the coconut oil. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive. I'll definitely look into getting some natural tumeric, though... There is a supplement company that has some really good products in the way they make them.

I appreciate all of your helpful advice and support. Thank you! heart  

olisea

Muse

starry night-163

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:27 pm
Arachnoia
starry night-163
Arachnoia
starry night-163

I EDITED THIS:
Maybe some turmeric might help with the symptoms? however if you were to take turmeric I would suggest you look into how much to take because taking high doses of it can be bad and also find out how it can affect you and if it will conflict with any medication you're taking, ect. http://www.livescience.com/41760-turmeric-supplement-facts.html read the section titled "Is turmeric safe?" so you can know more or less how much to take and whether it's a good idea for you to take some or not. I'm not sure if coconut oil would help but it is a great immune system booster/anti inflamatory oil, taking it with turmeric might lower your blood pressure and blood sugar even more though (that's just my guess, I'm not sure if it would but I think it might) so I suggest just trying one or the other not both at the same time. If you get coconut oil, try to make sure it's organic, unrefined, cold pressed, extra virgin(or just virgin), non GMO, unbleached/undeoderized coconut oil because the other kinds, especially the hydrogenated kind(hydrogenated coconut oil is really bad for you) are either not good for you, or as good for you depending on what you get. You would take up to 3 tablespoons of it, however start off slow and build up to 3 tablespoons over the month like do one tablespoon the first week, and 2 tablespoons the next week, and then 3 tablespoons the next week and a half and you can just continue taking 3 tablespoons a day after that or just do 2 tablespoons a day but build up to it so you don't overwhelm your body and you wouldn't take them all at once because that might not be so good for you, you would take them throughout the day instead, like 1 tablespoon in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night, you can add coconut oil to oatmeal, or smoothies, ect. it's a really healthy oil. I would really suggest you talk to a doctor about this first before trying these things because for all we know this can make it worse or conflict with medication or do something else that would be bad, so just to be to sure I suggest you talk to a doctor first. These are all just suggestions of things that might help, not medical advice so please don't take it as that, I'm just trying to give you ideas of things that might help you out with the symptoms at least. I hope you get better! I'll pray that you do smile

I was actually taking a tumeric supplement for awhile there -- good to know I was doing something right! You are all spot on with the advice you gave - especially the coconut oil. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive. I'll definitely look into getting some natural tumeric, though... There is a supplement company that has some really good products in the way they make them.

I appreciate all of your helpful advice and support. Thank you! heart

yeah coconut oil is expensive sadly but oh ok awesome! hopefully it would help you out smile and no problem! You are very welcome! ^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:07 am
Some good news!

I got back into nursing school for Fall 2015.

Getting kicked out last year was very devastating. I failed a class due to missing one more question than I should have. Unfortunately, I fell into a deep depression with that news as well as the news of my cystic brain tumor. This depression, coupled with my faltering health, has taken a toll on maintaining my physical health and relationship.

Some bad news, I'm afraid I have drifted from God. Overall, isolating myself from everyone, including God. I worry about not becoming a productive member of society... If my health will prevent me from becoming a successful nurse.

My cat seems to have a hard mass/tumor on her neck... We both share a birthday. She is turning 20 and I will be turning 24 this May. As you can tell, she has grown up with me and been a very loyal companion to me. It has been breaking me heart. I hardly want to take her into the vet alone because I worry she will not be able to handle the stress. She gets so much anxiety since her last visit years ago resulted in an emergency surgery.

Please say a prayer for my kitty, for God's healing. To calm her, make her as comfortable and relaxed as possible... And for God's guidance on what I should do. I am at a loss... I don't want to risk surgery only to lose her. On the other hand, the tumor does not seem to be affecting her at this time... She is eating regularly, getting around fine, drinking water, and voiding with no trouble at all. She just seems more... Clingy? She doesn't want to me apart from my side, at all. Which is a little odd for her, normally she keeps her distance.  

olisea

Muse

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:58 am
                sending you a prayer and emotion_hug
                hope you and your cat will be well!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:31 am
Arachnoia

"If you believe, all things are possible to him who believes." - Mark 9:23

"You'll meet more angels on a winding path than a straight one." - Terri Guillemets

Found both of these in "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us" --  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:47 am
Arachnoia
I worry about not becoming a productive member of society...If my health will prevent me from becoming a successful nurse.

If you've ever had compassion on someone, ever broken the chain of vengeance, helped others make peace, reconcile and forgive each other (or you yourself forgave), if you ever gave a good example to someone else, shown favor, and alleviated anyone's torment in anyway, you've already been productive, in our Heavenly Father's eyes, where it counts the most—you're already a nurse of the inner-being, of the soul, whether you ever become a nurse of the physical body or not.

• Hebrews 6:10 (NIV)

10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have
        shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

• Matthew 5:9 (NIV)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
        for they will be called children of God.

• Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Whether that healing comes through a message of wisdom, being the only one that hears them / pays attention, or through a physical healing (miraculous or derived from the earth i.e. medicinal)—God uses us to heal others in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:38 am
Seeing starry night-163's post, I tried to search more of natural remedies to alleviate symptoms and got this:

Natural Treatment
This would address treating symptoms such as headache or nausea.
- ACV, cayenne pepper and turmeric help many with headaches. Aroma therapy and massage, biofeedback, relaxation techniques, feverfew or rubbing on oils (lavender).
- Drink up to 8 glasses of water daily. Do not drink any caffeine.
- Put a cold, moist cloth where it hurts. Do not use a warm or hot cloth; it will make it worse.
- Nausea may be helped by charcoal, baking soda or sniffing alcohol swabs.
http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/arachnoid-cyst.html

Praying for you and your cat heart
Isaiah 41:10

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm
Arachnoia
Some good news!

I got back into nursing school for Fall 2015.

Getting kicked out last year was very devastating. I failed a class due to missing one more question than I should have. Unfortunately, I fell into a deep depression with that news as well as the news of my cystic brain tumor. This depression, coupled with my faltering health, has taken a toll on maintaining my physical health and relationship.

Some bad news, I'm afraid I have drifted from God. Overall, isolating myself from everyone, including God. I worry about not becoming a productive member of society... If my health will prevent me from becoming a successful nurse.

My cat seems to have a hard mass/tumor on her neck... We both share a birthday. She is turning 20 and I will be turning 24 this May. As you can tell, she has grown up with me and been a very loyal companion to me. It has been breaking me heart. I hardly want to take her into the vet alone because I worry she will not be able to handle the stress. She gets so much anxiety since her last visit years ago resulted in an emergency surgery.

Please say a prayer for my kitty, for God's healing. To calm her, make her as comfortable and relaxed as possible... And for God's guidance on what I should do. I am at a loss... I don't want to risk surgery only to lose her. On the other hand, the tumor does not seem to be affecting her at this time... She is eating regularly, getting around fine, drinking water, and voiding with no trouble at all. She just seems more... Clingy? She doesn't want to me apart from my side, at all. Which is a little odd for her, normally she keeps her distance.

Glad to hear you'll be going back to nursing school! ^^

I will keep both you and your cat in my prayers. I too have grown up with animals, and having to leave most of my cats when I moved was difficult.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:31 pm
Feeling just... overwhelmed. A year after being hit by that drunk driver, I have been called to testify in court in California against him as a witness... My boyfriend may also have to go, since he was driving my jeep at the time.

Please pray for my partner and I that this process goes smoothly... I get anxiety of going to court and due to being a victim in a domestic violence case with an ex-bf years ago and my experiences with the justice system.

This accident played a hand in derailing my life and being in physical agony and emotional anguish over the past year has taken a toll on me... I am sorry I reach out so often for your thoughts and prayers. My life has been messy for awhile and I just can't wait for all of this to be put behind me so I can pick up the pieces sad

Update: It looks like the court is trying the guy for a felony since this was his second DUI. Luckily I don't have to go due to short notice on the suponea and being in another state.  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:31 am
Arachnoia
Feeling just... overwhelmed. A year after being hit by that drunk driver, I have been called to testify in court in California against him as a witness... My boyfriend may also have to go, since he was driving my jeep at the time.

Please pray for my partner and I that this process goes smoothly... I get anxiety of going to court and due to being a victim in a domestic violence case with an ex-bf years ago and my experiences with the justice system.

This accident played a hand in derailing my life and being in physical agony and emotional anguish over the past year has taken a toll on me... I am sorry I reach out so often for your thoughts and prayers. My life has been messy for awhile and I just can't wait for all of this to be put behind me so I can pick up the pieces sad

Update: It looks like the court is trying the guy for a felony since this was his second DUI. Luckily I don't have to go due to short notice on the suponea and being in another state.

Great that you did not have to go. ^^ I will be praying for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:57 am
Garland-Green
Arachnoia

Thank you, brother! emotion_hug

I am really thankful and relieved I didn't have to go either... Though, the DA did warn my attorney that I may have to attend if they do not settle the case on Thursday. I don't mind going... I just need more notice than 6 days, lol. My attorney said that's why I didn't have to go... The suponea was unenforceable due to not being given plenty of notice and it also has to go through my state's jurisdiction before they can serve it.

Sorry for throwing all that out there... You just never know when you might need to know this stuff. It gets complicated and I would be completely lost if I didn't have my attorney... Been dealing with these accident cases for three years now.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well!  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 am
Arachnoia
Garland-Green
Arachnoia

Thank you, brother! emotion_hug

I am really thankful and relieved I didn't have to go either... Though, the DA did warn my attorney that I may have to attend if they do not settle the case on Thursday. I don't mind going... I just need more notice than 6 days, lol. My attorney said that's why I didn't have to go... The suponea was unenforceable due to not being given plenty of notice and it also has to go through my state's jurisdiction before they can serve it.

Sorry for throwing all that out there... You just never know when you might need to know this stuff. It gets complicated and I would be completely lost if I didn't have my attorney... Been dealing with these accident cases for three years now.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well!

emotion_hug It is not a problem sister!

It is a privilege to get to pray for people so don't worry about asking us too frequently to pray for you. You are doing us a service too in asking.

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff