Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Rainbow Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for fun!
  Coins!
View Results

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 pm
Pink Fregia
I usually write in PINK but.....since we are doing rainbow colors....I am orange. ROYGBEV? is the pattern?

How do you get the different color options, besides the one here (A- text color)

Joy I grabbed your booty again.

Thanks, Pink! My booty is getting pathetic since I can't access my aquarium to feed the poor dears.

As for your question about the colors, I'm not sure I totally understand it, but if checking out
this thread doesn't answer your question, please try again. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:04 am
JoyRose
Pink Fregia
I usually write in PINK but.....since we are doing rainbow colors....I am orange. ROYGBIV? is the pattern?

How do you get the different color options, besides the one here (A- text color)

Thanks, Pink! My booty is getting pathetic since I can't access my aquarium to feed the poor dears.

As for your question about the colors, I'm not sure I totally understand it, but if checking out

I clicked it, but I will have to wait till one of the kids are around. lol I didn't understand it.

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am
Pink Fregia
JoyRose
Pink Fregia
I usually write in PINK but.....since we are doing rainbow colors....I am orange. ROYGBIV? is the pattern?

I clicked it, but I will have to wait till one of the kids are around. lol I didn't understand it.

The first post contains a list of color codes (like you use the word "violet" in your posts to make them that color) and each word is colored the color they make the post. So the first word is
pink and shows you what that color looks like when that code is used. The code word pink makes such a very light color it's probably why you use violet instead. I used the word "teal" for this post.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:19 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Sounds lucrative - good luck! Stay safe!
Looks like we're coming up to another Halloween. I know what I want to do, but I need more support and funds... It will take a year or more to cultivate

Ah well, that's certainly taking a long view - good luck!
Yeah, a lot of my ideas flop, and I think it's because I don't think about just how much planning and finalizing is required to really bring ideas to fruition  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:32 pm
Pink Fregia
I usually write in PINK but.....since we are doing rainbow colors....I am orange. ROYGBEV? is the pattern?
Why yes, that's the foundation of the pattern, however, with all colors available among our font choices, we can lengthen the spectrum!

saddlebrown
RED
darkORANGE
YELLOW (orange)
limeGREEN
turquoise
dodgerBLUE
blue
INDIGO
VIOLET
pink

No matter what color is squeezed into the mix, there's a color we can use to keep the cycle going! The thread was created as a general chat thread, just with an optional twist for aesthetics. If you'd like to participate in the forum decoration, click the color as you did in the font editor and where you see the bracketed text, replace the color (like "orange" that popped up when you clicked the orange button with the color of your choice. Granted, some words aren't a code, but trial and error never killed anyone in a forum!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:32 am
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Looks like we're coming up to another Halloween. I know what I want to do, but I need more support and funds... It will take a year or more to cultivate

Yeah, a lot of my ideas flop, and I think it's because I don't think about just how much planning and finalizing is required to really bring ideas to fruition

Yes, planning is a pretty necessary step. My daughter has a friend who is truly terrible at the planning part - great ideas, no preparation - and it frustrated her for a while because she didn't realize at first that failing to plan would likely hamstring the whole idea. Now she just nods and smiles when that friend talks about the future.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:12 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose

Yes, planning is a pretty necessary step. My daughter has a friend who is truly terrible at the planning part - great ideas, no preparation - and it frustrated her for a while because she didn't realize at first that failing to plan would likely hamstring the whole idea. Now she just nods and smiles when that friend talks about the future.
Yeah, I kinda think some friends do that with me. If I don't immediately get some sort of physical support, my idea would fade away in about a week lol
What's the biggest real life project you thought of and brought to life? [children not included lol]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 am
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose

Yeah, I kinda think some friends do that with me. If I don't immediately get some sort of physical support, my idea would fade away in about a week lol
What's the biggest real life project you thought of and brought to life? [children not included lol]

When my daughter was young, my big project every year was a trip somewhere with her. We visited Niagara Falls, New York City, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Disney World, and various other destinations near and far, and those took a lot of planning. Now I'm just hoping to get her through college and save for my retirement. lol

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose

When my daughter was young, my big project every year was a trip somewhere with her. We visited Niagara Falls, New York City, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Disney World, and various other destinations near and far, and those took a lot of planning. Now I'm just hoping to get her through college and save for my retirement. lol
That's awesome! How did you choose when to do it? Did you go at the beginning of summer? Winter? End of summer? I can never make up my mind when to set a vacation. My mom would do that, too. Like, she got us all tickets for a cruise to Cozumel for no reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:16 pm
Different...Very.
That's awesome! How did you choose when to do it? Did you go at the beginning of summer? Winter? End of summer? I can never make up my mind when to set a vacation. My mom would do that, too. Like, she got us all tickets for a cruise to Cozumel for no reason.

I went around other things we wanted to do during the summer, or at times that coincided with visiting my mother-in-law. I'd start the planning months in advance so by the time we went, almost everything went very smoothly (no plan executes completely as planned). Overall, I'd say my daughter had a rich and fun childhood (she's 18 now, childhood is pretty much over). We are taking one last trip around Christmas and I think that may well be our last one as a family. But who knows, only time will tell for sure.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:20 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.

I went around other things we wanted to do during the summer, or at times that coincided with visiting my mother-in-law. I'd start the planning months in advance so by the time we went, almost everything went very smoothly (no plan executes completely as planned). Overall, I'd say my daughter had a rich and fun childhood (she's 18 now, childhood is pretty much over). We are taking one last trip around Christmas and I think that may well be our last one as a family. But who knows, only time will tell for sure.

Winter weather or tropical climate?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:58 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Well, I prefer tropical weather, but generally can't afford those trips! So I settle for national parks and fun spots like amusement parks. But some day I'm going to take a cruise!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:11 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Well, I prefer tropical weather, but generally can't afford those trips! So I settle for national parks and fun spots like amusement parks. But some day I'm going to take a cruise!
We took a lovely Carnival Cruise to Jamaica one winter. A trip to Disney World or Disney Land wouldn't do the trick? xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:37 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

We took a lovely Carnival Cruise to Jamaica one winter. A trip to Disney World or Disney Land wouldn't do the trick? xD

A trip to Disney World was wonderful indeed! But it wasn't the same as a cruise. That's for another year (probably after my daughter has graduated from college).  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BogardAndy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm
It isn't October yet, sillies. If it were, I am sure that my mate Raditz would have already come up with the first scare of the month. October is scare your pants off month in the Renaissance Galaxy and the point system goes like this:

1 point = a small scream like eek.
2 points = a jump followed by a scream (cats do this a lot)
3 points = "I think I wet my pants"
4 points = scared stiff/reversal food effect due to fear (empress dee suffers this as a medical condition, so most of us do not resort to this on her)
5 points = fainting out of fright.

Every person you scare that follows this point system will earn you a running total. By the 30th, the judge Iori Yagami tallies who wins. The one with the highest score by then wins a giant bucket of candy and a trophy for top scarer. Its in honor of the Monsters Inc movie and the fact that a lot of people in the Renaissance, particularily students, think Iori is a scary guy.

Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff