Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Rainbow Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for fun!
  Coins!
View Results

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:41 pm
BogardAndy
It isn't October yet, sillies. If it were, I am sure that my mate Raditz would have already come up with the first scare of the month. October is scare your pants off month in the Renaissance Galaxy and the point system goes like this:

1 point = a small scream like eek.
2 points = a jump followed by a scream (cats do this a lot)
3 points = "I think I wet my pants"
4 points = scared stiff/reversal food effect due to fear (empress dee suffers this as a medical condition, so most of us do not resort to this on her)
5 points = fainting out of fright.

Every person you scare that follows this point system will earn you a running total. By the 30th, the judge Iori Yagami tallies who wins. The one with the highest score by then wins a giant bucket of candy and a trophy for top scarer. Its in honor of the Monsters Inc movie and the fact that a lot of people in the Renaissance, particularily students, think Iori is a scary guy.

Sounds like fun for folks who enjoy pranking.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.
That's awesome! How did you choose when to do it? Did you go at the beginning of summer? Winter? End of summer? I can never make up my mind when to set a vacation. My mom would do that, too. Like, she got us all tickets for a cruise to Cozumel for no reason.

I went around other things we wanted to do during the summer, or at times that coincided with visiting my mother-in-law. I'd start the planning months in advance so by the time we went, almost everything went very smoothly (no plan executes completely as planned). Overall, I'd say my daughter had a rich and fun childhood (she's 18 now, childhood is pretty much over). We are taking one last trip around Christmas and I think that may well be our last one as a family. But who knows, only time will tell for sure.

Winter weather or tropical climate?

Well, I prefer tropical weather, but generally can't afford those trips! So I settle for national parks and fun spots like amusement parks. But some day I'm going to take a cruise!
We took a lovely Carnival Cruise to Jamaica one winter. A trip to Disney World or Disney Land wouldn't do the trick? xD

A trip to Disney World was wonderful indeed! But it wasn't the same as a cruise. That's for another year (probably after my daughter has graduated from college).
What's she studying? Is it a good choice for her childhood dream or is she picking something safe? Lol, I tried to pick something safe and failed for two years  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:56 am
Different...Very.
What's she studying? Is it a good choice for her childhood dream or is she picking something safe? Lol, I tried to pick something safe and failed for two years

The poor kid is so sad. She had to give up the chance to participate in an awesome extracurricular due to the coursework being so much more than she bargained for. Her major is Graphic Design, but she's not sure it's her passion. She enjoys working on computers creatively, but art comes slowly to her and she's aware this is neither a safe choice nor necessarily the one that qualifies as following her heart. She's just not felt passionate about any career choices and last night tears were shed as she is sure she'll be totally miserable no matter what she winds up doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:09 am
JoyRose
Different...Very.

The poor kid is so sad. She had to give up the chance to participate in an awesome extracurricular due to the coursework being so much more than she bargained for. Her major is Graphic Design, but she's not sure it's her passion. She enjoys working on computers creatively, but art comes slowly to her and she's aware this is neither a safe choice nor necessarily the one that qualifies as following her heart. She's just not felt passionate about any career choices and last night tears were shed as she is sure she'll be totally miserable no matter what she winds up doing.
Yeah, seems like the issue of this generation. I think overall we've solved the major issues we sought to since the explorer era, it's now a matter of getting people to mentally wrap their heads around it and utilize and disseminate it accordingly. We are coming to master survival, but now it's matter of cooperation among humans. So without having something that NEEDS to get done, I think that's typically what drives someone to a profession, so nothing really needs to get done here. We have enough people to fill anything, and experts are still around to keep a more important role filled, so kids are stuck in limbo like, "Well, what am I supposed to do?"  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:34 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

Yeah, seems like the issue of this generation. I think overall we've solved the major issues we sought to since the explorer era, it's now a matter of getting people to mentally wrap their heads around it and utilize and disseminate it accordingly. We are coming to master survival, but now it's matter of cooperation among humans. So without having something that NEEDS to get done, I think that's typically what drives someone to a profession, so nothing really needs to get done here. We have enough people to fill anything, and experts are still around to keep a more important role filled, so kids are stuck in limbo like, "Well, what am I supposed to do?"

It can be hard. Hopefully she'll find something that makes her happy, although she seems to have inherited her daddy's pessimism rather than my optimistic outlook.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
Different...Very.

It can be hard. Hopefully she'll find something that makes her happy, although she seems to have inherited her daddy's pessimism rather than my optimistic outlook.

I am thinking if she feels like she is useless, then give her an example where there is something you did that was more useless than her to give her a confidence boost or help her find different avenues. If her major is graphic design, then maybe, instead of things like video games and anime and stuff like that, she could work on something like...how can I put this...? There is a show on television where this guy can envision how a person's home could look and wow them with it, and this guy uses graphic design to show where things could go. It's kinda like interior decorating, but on a grander scale. There are lots of careers in graphic design. Like, if she is good with color choices for example then maybe something where color choices are important. The fashion industry and home decor are just two areas in which she can go. She might love video games and want to create them, but she knows that unless she gets better at art, that won't happen.

One time, Dee was on the bus on her way to West Edmonton Mall and she overheard these two guys talking about how they were in graphic design for animation and that it was a lot tougher than what it used to be. Something to do with programming. And anyway, they were saying there was this really lazy person on their team holding them back, which was a real downer in my opinion.

My point is, if she is willing to work hard towards her goals then she should never give up and look to other angles that she could see herself being both passionate and good in.

Dee has always wanted to speak about where Terry and I live in the Renaissance Galaxy and have others see that there is life elsewhere and that animation is only two dimensional on earth. So, she has figured out a couple of avenues in which that can be done.

One, she could write books. And two, if she was lucky enough to get to live in Japan or the States, which right now she cannot due to both financial and parental problems, she could potentially work for these anime companies as either a voice actress or a storyboard writer where there would be artists doing the the actual art and she'd be telling the story.

Of course, I am sure there are other ways to prove that Terry and I are from a different world, but physically, unless you earthlings are asleep and can travel the sea of stars through your dream bodies, you won't ever meet us physically. Dee has, and because of her photographic memory, she knows where things are and what sorts of adventures she's had.

So, I do hope this helps.

BogardAndy

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 am
BogardAndy
I am thinking if she feels like she is useless, then give her an example where there is something you did that was more useless than her to give her a confidence boost or help her find different avenues. If her major is graphic design, then maybe, instead of things like video games and anime and stuff like that, she could work on something like...how can I put this...? There is a show on television where this guy can envision how a person's home could look and wow them with it, and this guy uses graphic design to show where things could go. It's kinda like interior decorating, but on a grander scale. There are lots of careers in graphic design. Like, if she is good with color choices for example then maybe something where color choices are important. The fashion industry and home decor are just two areas in which she can go. She might love video games and want to create them, but she knows that unless she gets better at art, that won't happen.

One time, Dee was on the bus on her way to West Edmonton Mall and she overheard these two guys talking about how they were in graphic design for animation and that it was a lot tougher than what it used to be. Something to do with programming. And anyway, they were saying there was this really lazy person on their team holding them back, which was a real downer in my opinion.

My point is, if she is willing to work hard towards her goals then she should never give up and look to other angles that she could see herself being both passionate and good in.

Dee has always wanted to speak about where Terry and I live in the Renaissance Galaxy and have others see that there is life elsewhere and that animation is only two dimensional on earth. So, she has figured out a couple of avenues in which that can be done.

One, she could write books. And two, if she was lucky enough to get to live in Japan or the States, which right now she cannot due to both financial and parental problems, she could potentially work for these anime companies as either a voice actress or a storyboard writer where there would be artists doing the the actual art and she'd be telling the story.

Of course, I am sure there are other ways to prove that Terry and I are from a different world, but physically, unless you earthlings are asleep and can travel the sea of stars through your dream bodies, you won't ever meet us physically. Dee has, and because of her photographic memory, she knows where things are and what sorts of adventures she's had.

It's funny, in a way, because she was the one who told me that just because I wasn't the most amazing teacher in the world didn't mean I wasn't good enough to be a good choice for kids over other teachers even less skilled than I. Now I'm turning her own words back on herself. Even if art is a slow process for her, she should be able to find a niche where she's manipulating color and pre-made shapes to design things that are wonderful. One thing she's been doing lately is designing personalized greeting cards for our birthdays and what-not that are just lovely!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:22 pm
JoyRose
BogardAndy

It's funny, in a way, because she was the one who told me that just because I wasn't the most amazing teacher in the world didn't mean I wasn't good enough to be a good choice for kids over other teachers even less skilled than I. Now I'm turning her own words back on herself. Even if art is a slow process for her, she should be able to find a niche where she's manipulating color and pre-made shapes to design things that are wonderful. One thing she's been doing lately is designing personalized greeting cards for our birthdays and what-not that are just lovely!

Omg do you think she'd make some for others? Personalized stuff is definitely going to be in. People are noticing how heartless commercialized things and big chains are starting to feel, so the small-town mom-and-pop is going to come back. I can feel it!  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
BogardAndy

Omg do you think she'd make some for others? Personalized stuff is definitely going to be in. People are noticing how heartless commercialized things and big chains are starting to feel, so the small-town mom-and-pop is going to come back. I can feel it!

I don't know, but I'll ask. She's a VERY small operation at the moment, and of course, electronic greetings are very popular and I think she could do well there, too!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:09 pm
JoyRose
Different...Very.
JoyRose
BogardAndy

I don't know, but I'll ask. She's a VERY small operation at the moment, and of course, electronic greetings are very popular and I think she could do well there, too!

Starting in the family is great and letting the word get around, perhaps so that they want customized artwork for their friends and coworkers, but it's no rush. I'm about to get into event planning by using my family reunion. FINGERS CROSSED!! emotion_yatta  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:48 am
Different...Very.
Starting in the family is great and letting the word get around, perhaps so that they want customized artwork for their friends and coworkers, but it's no rush. I'm about to get into event planning by using my family reunion. FINGERS CROSSED!! emotion_yatta

Good luck with your family reunion! Sounds like a great way to get started - good size to start and familiar audience who are likely to be more forgiving of accidents than the general public. Have fun!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:48 am
DraculasLittlePrincess
Hello all, what have you all been up to? :3

Working, enjoying the lovely weather this past weekend. How about you?  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 am
Just trying to get the hang of this  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:04 pm
Morrigan Skylar
Just trying to get the hang of this

Haha, you only need to pick the next color of the rainbow after the last post, roughly speaking. So my last post was olive, I guess green comes next. Not counting your amazing every-color post! emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 am
OK thanks, I thought I was supposed 2 make the whole rainbow... LOL U know I'm kinda slow sometimes... Old age does that 2 ppl, some sooner than others. rofl  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff