Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] Railroad Track - Lark x Jake Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 am
[A.V.]

She was feeling more than a little lost.

Lark was doing abysmal in school. It wasn't easy for her to admit it, but sometimes she had to wonder if this was what she really wanted to do. There were other paths for her to take. School, while important, wasn't necessary - and it wasn't as though she had parents that cared enough to stay in constant contact with her. Larkspur was bitter about a lot of things, but most of all she was filled with anger towards her parents. After divorcing, they'd gone their separate ways, and they'd all but forgotten about their weaponless daughter.

She couldn't even stand to summon Ben. It'd been weeks since she'd last seen the boomer. Every time she looked at him, it was as though she were clapping eyes on all of her failures. And no matter what she did, she couldn't stop resenting him and what he represented.

Sometimes she'd wander through the Safari, or walk along the small path that bordered the Forbidden Forest. This day in particular, the ghoul found herself wandering the halls of the Haunted House. Getting away from school helped, and today was no different.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:09 am
It had been a while since Jake was at the haunted house, and to be honest, he never really looked forward to coming here. At least this time, he had Chester.

No need to rub it in.

He couldn't deny it though. It really WAS a miracle he survived... especially with that horseman encounter. He was probably extremely lucky she didn't seem to be one of the veterans, and the students...

Jake remembered the students he recently encountered seemed to be more docile than before, considering that strange fox one wanted nothing more than cuddles and a two-headed one that seemed reluctant to fight him.
Of course, it didn't pertain to all the students, as he had fought his fair share of hostile students, but it went to show that not all felt that way.

And so, it was with this in mind, that when he caught sight of another person here, he had his weapons summoned, but made no move to attack.
At least, not until he found out what kind of intent they had.

"Who are you?"

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm
[A.V.]
<333333

Being found as she was kind of put Lark in an awkward position. Her fear manifested in her familiar, and once again she wholeheartedly resented the fact that she did not have a weapon to summon - unlike the one who stood before her. Almost longingly she eyed those summoned blades that he wore strapped to his forearms. Because of that, it took her nearly a minute to realize she was not facing another student, but a hunter.

Even still, she did not summon her familiar. It didn't matter. If she was brought down here, she'd only reappear elsewhere. Lark held little fear in her heart.

"Them yer weapons, yeah? Don't matter who I am. All what matters is that I ain't here t'fight. Name's Lark. Who're you? An' what's that kinna weapon you got?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:12 pm
A... girl.
Not that he usually had qualms with fighting one, but she had barely reacted to his presence, or at least, not in a way he had expected.
"Um, yes... I'm a hunter, and they're... arm blades?"
(To be honest, he didn't really know).

What? You don't really expect me to tell her they're weaponized students, do you?

Jake frowned, and tilted his head.
"Do you know what hunters are?"

pinchmonster
o v o

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:19 pm
[A.V.]

"Oh, aye, I know what a hunter is. Y'got weapons. Weapons what used to be students, from what I heard. Least, so the rumor goes. Lotta talk at school."

It struck her, then, how bizarre this was. She would never have a weapon of her own, but there were others who had become weapons. It was all kinds of mucked up, and Lark felt a slight shift of disconnect. Was she supposed to be afraid, or angry? Defensive? She wasn't going to summon her familiar. Ben was going to stay gone.

"What's 'is name. He got a name, yeah?"

Lark narrowed her eyes.

"An' what you doin' here, then? I ain't finna fight ya. Ain't got no weapon, an' I ain't gonna summon Ben, so. There's that."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:42 pm
Ah. So she did know.
Even though she wasn't hostile, her constant questioning made Jake a little uncomfortable.
"Yah... his name's Chester. He used to be a nergal... I think. And I'm..."
Wait. Ben?

"I'm just... on patrol, keeping an eye out for hostilities and abnormalities."
As if this place was ever normal.
"What about you? You don't seem like you want to be here."

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am
[A.V.]

"I don't. I don't want t'be here. It ain't easy, y'know? I ain't hostile," she continued with just a touch of teenage hostility, her eyes still locked on his weapons."

"Can 'e hear me? Chester, I mean?"

Lark took a few steps closer, very obviously curious.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:00 pm
Jake took a step back, raising his weapons slightly out of habit.
Another reason he wasn't too fond of Halloween students was because they were just kids. Hard to predict and TEMPER TANTRUMS. Not that he was that much older.

"Um, yes... did you want to say something to him?"

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 am
[A.V.]

Lark didn't get upset when he brought those weapons up.

"Does y'like it? Bein' a weapon, I mean. Y'close with him?"

She spoke directly to the weapon, the hunter forgotten for now.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 am
"Um, I guess?"
Jake wasn't sure which question that was a response to.
Um, do you know her? She seems pretty curious about you.

That didn't answer any questions.

"Uh, did you know Chester before?"

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:01 am
[A.V.]

"Me? Nah, m'jest curious. I ain't got a lot to lose anymore. I ain't doin' great in school, ain't got a lotta friends. Dunno where my parents are. Y'know?"

Lark bit her lip.

"I got a familiar. M'whole family got weapons. An' I love Ben, I do, I jest."

Her green eyes grew fierce.

"I'm tired of feelin' like I ain't gonna never be good enough."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 pm
In a sense, he kinda did.
It was tough being on your own, and even as Halloween creatures, he figured the feeling of fear, regret, paranoia, despair.. it all translated very well across all spectrums, and despite himself, he found that he was starting to sympathize with the student.

"You don't have to. There's... another option."

It's not like I'm manipulating her. She has the choice to say no. Don't worry, I'll take responsibility.

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 pm
[A.V.]

"Another option?"

Lark gave another wistful look in the direction of the hunter's weapon, and it was a look filled with longing, and want, and emptiness.

"What kind'a option?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:06 pm
"Instead of having a weapon... you could BE the weapon."
It wasn't exactly the same, but if anything, it'd give her a place to belong.
"As a weapon, you'd be paired with another hunter, someone who should fill that void inside of you. You won't have to feel useless, as the person you bond with will be dependent on you, and vice versa."

"But, in exchange... you can never go back to your old life. There's no way to reverse it, and there's also a possibility of the weaponization going wrong. The worst case scenario, you'll cease to exist, as a student and a weapon."
It was a lot to take in, and Jake knew there was no way she'd accept off the bat, not after what he had told her.

As a hunter, he knew having her weaponized was the best option. Even if she ended up turning defective and was destroyed, it meant one less creature to deal with.
But as someone who sympathized with how she felt, he didn't want her to make the mistake of throwing everything away on a whim. At least, not before thinking it thoroughly. Though she might have felt the way she did now, things could get better, as it had for him.
Sure, he had lost everything once before, but new friendships were formed; new relationships. It wasn't too late for her.

pinchmonster

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 pm
[A.V.]

Lark knew that denizens of Halloween became weapons. It was a given. What she'd never known, though, was that it could be done willingly. She'd always thought that the weapons were made from creatures that hadn't wanted to become weapons - but the hunter's words struck a chord deep in her chest, and it was one that resonated throughout the entirety of her body.

She'd never have a weapon. Ever. She knew it. Ben wouldn't ever turn into something he wasn't - which had happened before, to other students. This small fact was the bane of her existence. The lack of a weapon had defined her since she was very young. Her parents, her entire family, had treated her differently. Like she was some kind of misfit. The black sheep.

Right here, right now, never going back to her old life didn't sound half bad. But it also sounded really, really jackin' scary.

"Could.. d'you think I could go.. with you? Look aroun'? An' talk wit'cher weapon, mebbe a few others? I wanna know more about all this. Could.. can we do that?"  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff