Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Ombre Housing District
Streets of Ombre Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MzDuchess

Cunning Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
ᴡᴀʟʟᴇᴛ: $483 XXXXXXXXX ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: In front of her apartment XXXXXXXXX ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Za'saad XXXXXXXXX ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Nervous, Curious, Awkward XXXXXXXXX ᴏᴜᴛꜰɪᴛ: Take a picture.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image

• Nodding, Charlotte put her hands on her hips and did a superhero pose as she waited for him to catch his breath. “Yes, be in awe of me.” She said in a haughty voice before falling into a fit of giggles. She felt incredible light for the first time in ages. Looking over at a still chuckling Za’saad, she felt her giggles die off but not her dimpled smile. He had really made tonight fun, and she was a bit surprised at how easy it was to joke with another human being. Especially one she had just met, but this could only be a good thing. Right?

Once he found his balance and pushed away from the wall, Charlotte followed his lead as they continued their trek back to their apartments. Seeing the trashcan up ahead, she finished off the last bit of strawberry popsicle before following his example and throwing away the clean stick. Smacking her lips, she sent him a teasing grin before bumping into his shoulder again. Only to realize, that it wasn’t his shoulder she was bumping, instead it was the side of his chest because of his lack of arm to buffer her advances.

Charlotte tripped over her feet again at the knowledge that she had been bumping him in that area without pause, but instead of falling down, she managed to keep herself upright. This night was a first time for everything it would seem. When they finally came to the stairs leading up to their apartments, Charlotte stopped and looked back at neighbor with a raised eyebrow. “Sir, I’ll have you know I am the reigning champion of Monopoly.” She teased, once again adopting her haughty persona. But it didn’t last long. Shaking her head in amusement, she took the stairs one at a time; albeit a little bit slower than she normally would, but she found herself hesitating. She had really enjoyed his company, and was not quite ready for the night to end. It had been so long since she had mingled with anyone, and she was hesitant to admit how lonely she had been without a single friend. So when he asked if she had dinner yet, she chewed on her bottom lip before shaking her head in a negative. “No, that’s why I was running to the store.”

They had finally arrived at their separate apartments but before she could enter, she paused on the threshold and turned to him this time with only a small blush, gracing her cheeks. “Would you like to come in? I always make more than what I can usually eat, so there would be plenty for you. If you wanted, that is. I promise I’m not a serial killer. Or psychopath.” She said, her words stringing together in her awkward haste, causing her to mentally wince.

Ashtail Foxclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:19 am
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, σcтσвєя ⑱тн

םαч ④ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③⑦⑤
( ① чєαя, ⑩ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:18 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick has high hopes that plans after the holiday will come into fruition. He thought maybe because the other has a family that he didn't mind Christmas music. "Well, in this country they play it right after Halloween especially in stores" he replied. He was pleased they have the same thing about innuendos in common and it does get him thinking about how people would play music to set the mood for a romantic dinner and the bedroom. Blushing a bit from those thoughts then shook them away a moment later to focus back on jogging. With how bright the sunrise is he had no doubt that they could be seen regardless that some of the streetlights were not as operable as they should be. He looked to Saeki after asking the question about breakfast and caught the sight of the smile and nod. Line of sight back to the front again, "Hmm, I was thinking we could each cook a dish or I could cook breakfast solo if you don't mind me using your kitchen" he responded after thinking for a moment. They were on the way to pass by his house where there are a set of stairs next to it. He only glanced at it to make sure it was same as he left it and assumed Hiro was doing fine.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Streets of Ombre.sᏆᎪᏆus: Dating.mᎾᎾᎠ: a little distracted.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1171.60. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm: Saeki. outfit

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:21 pm
OoC: -

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Saeki1517 Lumiere
Where: Ombre District
Dating: Patrick Peterson
Thoughts: - ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:
MH: -
OH:
Armor: General clothing

User Image
120/120 HP

"That is way to early." he replied and raised an eyebrow. Of course it wasn't entirely unknown to him. But his family always made it a staple to not play seasonal music until the holiday. Like with Christmas they would not play Christmas music or songs until Christmas Eve and then keep it playing for first and second day of Christmas after which it was done again. "I guess I can understand the appeal to some as a lot of Christmas music is happy and upbeat but it remains seasonal music. We only play it from Christmas Eve up until the second day of Christmas." he worded his thoughts on how they did it at home and smiled a bit to his boyfriend. When Patrick spoke about breakfast, Saeki thought about it and he could feel his stomach grumble a bit and chuckled lightly. "Feels like my stomach wonders when it is time for breakfast" he said with a light laugh in his voice. "Up to you my love. Let me know if you want to cook together or if you want the kitchen to yourself. The entire place is at your disposal." he offered the other so they could choose themselves if they wanted to co-op or just use his kitchen. Saeki had already eaten of course but the mention of food after such a brisk jog still made his stomach react. His father would call it healthy appetite. That did make the young man think of home for a moment. The Inn and the baths. He did miss that now. Of course he noted they passed the house of his boyfriend but other than a glance it looked like Patrick wanted to jog on.

IN HIS BAG

House Keys
Bottle of Water

HIS SKILLS
Great Cook
Very skilled with the Katana and Bo Staff
Been raised like a modern Samurai

Genkawolf

-

-

[color=#990000]"SPOKEN"[/color]
[color=#1ac6ff][i]'THOUGHTS'[/i][/color]
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4SGvU.png[/img][/align]
[imgright]https://i.ibb.co/tsmxH6G/Exit.gif[/imgright]

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

"Sounds more tolerable and reasonable for those who don't like the holiday or celebrate it" Patrick commented."Yes, it's to sell as early as possible to get people in the mood for those prepare early or at the last minute, and after there merchandise and holiday specific food would be at lower prices after the holiday to make room for the next one" he explained as to why they do it early. "Heard of Black Friday?" he asked him. He started slowing his pace as they were heading for the exit. "You certainly know how to spoil me" he said jokingly. "Hm, I've decided to make breakfast myself while you're in the shower. I want to surprise you as you have for me a few days ago and to eat together" he said to the offer. He glanced at him, "There is a question I would like to know that would be important to know for the future. When you're married in the future, do you intend to have kids of your own? You don't have to answer now so I want you to answer at a later time when you are comfortable in doing so and I will do the same" he asked and gave him time to think it over if he needs to. [exit]
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: Streets of Ombre.sᏆᎪᏆus: Dating.mᎾᎾᎠ: thoughtful.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $1171.60. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm: Saeki. outfit

Rhun Tolihzeh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:28 am
OoC: -

GENERAL STATS
User Image❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Saeki1517 Lumiere
Where: Streets of Ombre
Dating: Patrick Peterson
Thoughts: - ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:
MH: -
OH:
Armor: General clothing

User Image
120/120 HP

Saeki nodded when Patrick spoke of the holidays and nodded. "You are right. Since we run an inn back in Japan, it is very holiday sensitive. You can't just start early. That might be part of it too." he said, speaking a bit more of his origins and smiled gently at his boyfriend. When they spoke of Black Friday though he couldn't say he had heard of it before. Or not with that name. "I can't say I heard that before. What is it?" he asked his boyfriend. When he heard their plan for a meal though the young man smiled. "And I spoil you? Sounds like you'll spoil me." he said and looked at Patrick. It always was a great time with the other. It felt amazing with his boyfriend. He was slightly surprised with the question though. Especially considering he was only 19. To say that he didn't think about marriage or children yet was an understatement. "Hmm, I haven't thought about such things yet." he admitted. He was only barely adult himself after all. Though now he was giving it some thought. "I'll think it over for a while then. I can't say I have an answer right now." he replied with a chuckle. "What about you?" he asked, wondering if his love already knew for himself.[EXIT]

IN HIS BAG

House Keys
Bottle of Water

HIS SKILLS
Great Cook
Very skilled with the Katana and Bo Staff
Been raised like a modern Samurai

Genkawolf

-

-

[color=#990000]"SPOKEN"[/color]
[color=#1ac6ff][i]'THOUGHTS'[/i][/color]
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JW4SGvU.png[/img][/align]
[imgright]https://i.ibb.co/tsmxH6G/Exit.gif[/imgright]

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:56 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, иσvємвєя ③яם

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③⑨①
( ① чєαя, ②⑥ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:10 pm
                  User Image
                  COME; WAKE ME UP˟ BEFORE I DIE :& I NEVER◞ GET* TO LIVE !██ tab ██
                                        ━❛i want a house⋮▀ tab ━❛on the hill⋮▀ tab ━❛by the ocean⋮▀
                            let the tide wash away 。all my CRITICAL MISTAKES ❛)
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • The previous two days had been spent moving and reorganizing what little furniture had arrived, leaving Vance's body feeling more worn down than usual. Sadly, not all of his belongings had arrived at once, and while he had wanted to get everything settled in within 24 hours of arriving to Soleil, he had been unable to. All that was really missing was his television, a few decorations, kitchen utensils, and a few boxes of clothing, but nonetheless he dreaded having to do more unpacking.

'I just want to relax, why does moving have to be so irksome...' He exhaled loudly, sitting on the curb in front of his side of the duplex, bringing his right arm up to rub his left shoulder. Earlier that morning, much to his annoyance, he had received a call from the moving company alerting him that the last truck should be arriving that day, the rest of his belongings would finally be returned to him and he could finish the moving process. With the timeframe of delivery nearing closer, he had made quick work of getting dressed and exiting his unit.

Just as he had sat down, a large truck with a bright logo drove into view, honking once they saw Vance who lazily waved them towards his house. The driver jumped out and pushed a clipboard into Vance's arms, "How's it do? Yeah, if you wanna just sign... Yeah, right there. I'll go ahead and get the boxes out of the back of the truck and help ya-" Vance had quickly left his signature on the form and shot the worker a cool glare, "Just leave the boxes in the driveway...," His tone was more stern than he had intended, and he quickly cleared his throat, "Please. I can get them inside by myself, you've likely got other tasks to complete." The driver blinked a few times before shrugging, making quick work of pulling the items out of the back of the truck. Once done, he climbed back into his vehicle, waved to Vance who nodded curtly, and then drove off.

Grey eyes scanned the seven boxes that laid before him, stopping on the television, 'First, then... Utensils and decorations, and end with the clothing.' Nodding to himself, he bent down to pick up the box that held the flat-screen television, finding it a bit of a struggle to lift it due to the soreness from the past couple days. A low grunt of irritation escaped his lips, it was going to be a long morning.

•  ▾ ombre street; outside 1315 tab tab  no one
                            【 tired and sore tab tab 【 'lift with my knees...'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:01 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ The events of the last few days had been exhausting for Stryker. With the constant tension and the whisper of danger in the air that tickled her nose, she knew it had only been a matter of time before she let her fighting instincts, or more like the fox part of her mind, take over. To protect not only her home, but herself as well. She is a dangerous foe as is, but when in her shadow fox form, she is an entirely different force to be reckoned with. Though she had done well with protecting what she needed to protect, and that the danger had finally subsided, she was left empty feeling, drained and just completely exhausted. This funk lingered, and lingered, leaving her in her bed or sprawled across her couch, unable to move and the muscles in her body screaming to be used as they were not used to being so sedentary for so long.
This morning had come like the others, sluggish, in almost a cruel sense that time seemed to pass slower, and she couldn't take it anymore. Couldn't stand herself really in the state she was in. Having showered and chewed down a granola bar, she dressed herself and forced herself to enter the sun of the bright morning. Oh. It felt terrible. Cringing at the sun and squinting her eyes before shielding them with a hand, she grimaced a bit before walking away from her front door. If she didn't start moving now, she'd just turn around and go right back in. Having braided up and tied her long hair in a bun, her pale skin with scars a plenty, showed obviously for most to see, but it was something she couldn't be bothered with in this mental state. Her ears perked and moved as the sound of a larger vehicle moved down the road. Odd, vehicles of that size didn't normal travel the streets of Ombre. Turning to look at the truck as it passed, she realized it was a moving truck. Apparently she was getting a new neighbor! Watching where it approached with keen yellow eyes, she spotted a blue haired man sitting on the side walk and the interaction that followed. Well he seemed to be in as good a mood as her. Her ears perked straight up as the boxes were unloaded and the driver took off. Weird. Most people would have accepted the help from the mover, it was their job after all.
Stryker watched the man as he seemed almost reluctant to take in the boxes. Was he okay? Her face moved and eyebrows waggled with the ever changing thoughts going through her mind. If anyone was watching closely, they'd probably have some concern for what exactly was happening to her in that moment. Seeing the stranger attempt the first box, and struggle, Stryker gasped and hurried over to him, luckily having not been far off at that point. "Sorry to intrude, and also good morning. Let me help you with those boxes." She blurted out quickly, wanting to try and relieve some of the problem this man was having. Realizing he had already turned the mover away, she bit her bottom lip with a sharp canine tooth in worry, hoping he'd actually let her help. "Please." She added quickly as she leveled her bright yellow eyes at him in almost a pleading manner for him not to turn her away. She didn't like to see people struggle. Damn her bleeding heart sometimes. But she wasn't always a cold and calculating monster. No no, she kept that beast locked up inside. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Tense ] [☀: Location][ Streets of Ombre ][☁: I'm With][ Herself - Tired looking neighbor. ][☄: Thoughts][ I should probably help... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:58 pm
                  User Image
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • There was little time for Vance to continue his weak attempt to move the boxed up television before a voice was calling out to him, growing closer with each second. He slowly released his grip on the box and straightened up to look at the person before him with a dull expression. The person, more specifically woman, before him stood just a few inches shorter than himself and had striking white hair wrapped up in a bun. Vance found himself fixated on a few pale scars, but realized he had been staring and quickly shifted his eyes to look at her face. He was met with pleading yellow eyes and the woman opened her mouth to speak once more, "Please."

'I must look all out of sorts if she's practically begging to help.' It hadn't occurred to him just how weak he must have appeared to the average onlooker, struggling to pick up a box and such, but he just shook the image out of his head. Dropping his gaze back down to the boxes, he couldn't deny that having an extra set of hands would be helpful, even though he personally felt that it was his sole responsibility to suffer through the moving process alone. It had been his idea to move to Soleil City after all, this woman shouldn't have to wear herself out for his own decision. No. He had moved to Soleil to start over, he can't let keep pushing away anyone who tries to help. Vance needed to start pushing back the guilt and feelings of inadequacy if he was truly going to make a new life for himself.

"I would, ah, appreciate that... Thank you, uhm..." It had been a while since Vance had engaged in any sort of casual conversation, and an faintly familiar feeling of embarrassment threatened to spread throughout him at how rusty he was. Rather than let the feeling get the best of him, he coolly held out his gloved hand for the woman to shake, "I'm Vance, I just moved in a couple days ago. Do you live nearby or...?" He didn't want to assume that this woman lived in this neighborhood, as he had caught several different faces on the streets who appeared to either be visiting family or friends or simply passing through the area.

•  ▾ ombre street; outside 1315 tab tab  white haired woman (stryker)
                            【 tired and sore tab tab 【 'i'm sorry for requiring her assistance...'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ Eyes. Stryker's senses slammed forward and threatened to take control of her every fiber as she felt the way he stared at her scars. This close and personal to someone, it was very different than just passing by. Swallowing the lump in her throat and suppressing the urge to move back from him, she stood her ground, mostly against herself and managed to keep herself in check. Taking note of the brief pause, he seemed to be struggling with his answer? Smiling with her lips closed, hiding her sharp canines now, she tried to not look at him with pity. She didn't want to pity him, she just wanted to help, two sets of hands are better than one they always say. Though part of her wasn't overly surprised by the hesitance of letting a stranger assist him. He didn't know who she was, so maybe she was just someone who wanted him for his stuff? But one thing Stryker had learned about this city, most people were not what they seemed. Eyeing the man before her, she wondered if he was the same. He looked perfectly normal, unlike herself. Cringing inwardly, she shooed those thoughts away before they clouded her mind too much.
His voice floated to her ears and they turned and stood straight up, facing him and listening intently. The hesitation was clear in his voice, but he had accepted her help. Smiling more warmly, she took note of the strange tone of voice he had. Was he...Bored? It surely sounded that way, but she didn't want to just assume. Shaking off the thought, she looked at his outstretched hand and this time, it was her time to hesitate. She was ashamed of her claw like fingernails and brutally scarred skin. Taking a deep breath, she slowly reached out her hand and took his firmly within her own and gave a solid shake before sliding her hand away and hiding her hands behind her back.
"Nice to meet you Vance, I'm Stryker." Giving a lopsided smile now, her composure faltered a little, but she managed to school it back into place and appear like she wasn't panicking on the inside about what he thought of her outward appearance. "I live just over there at 1300 and I moved here not long ago either, so I guess we have that in common. But I suppose we'll be neighbors in a way." She gestured towards her home vaguely with a hand before returning it behind her back. "Shall we get your things moved into your home now?" Looking at the small amount of boxes, and considering he said he had moved in a few days ago, she figured it was just the last of his things. If not, he lived with almost as little as she did. Though there wasn't anything wrong with that. She kept thinking about getting more things eventually, maybe even decorate her home, but she just didn't have the will to do it just yet. If she had to leave her home suddenly...She didn't know if she could handle it. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Calm ] [☀: Location][ Streets of Ombre ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • He didn't fail to notice the woman's hesitation to shake his hand, and soon caught on as to why. Her hands were far more mangled than what he was used to seeing; the scar tissue on her hands gave a hint as to how difficult her past might have been. Her nails resembled animal-like claws, but with how little Vance knew about women and trends, he attributed the length and appearance to some sort of passing fashion trend. The two didn't dwell on the handshake and it was quickly over, the woman retreating her hand behind her back and Vance letting his gloved hand fall limply to his side.

"Nice to meet you, Vance, I'm Stryker." It had been a while since someone other than himself had said his name, and hearing Stryker say it made Vance want to shrink away. He shouldn't exist, he doesn't deserve to have a name, it wasn't 'nice to meet him'.

'I really need to get out more.' Luckily Stryker continued talking, allowing Vance to pull away from the spiraling thoughts and focus his attention on her house down the road; 1300. 'Neighbors, hm?' His face remained expressionless, despite Stryker offering a lopsided and rather friendly grin. Vance supposed having a seemingly friendly neighbor like Stryker wouldn't be so bad, he just hoped that she wasn't one of those clingy ones who constantly pressured him to join her for "game nights" or "barbeques". Idle chitchat he could tolerate, but he had to draw a line somewhere.

Letting out a soft sigh, he gave Stryker a small nod, "Yes, we can just leave it in the kitchen, I can unpack it all later." With that, he began to lift the television once more, finding that Stryker's appearance had granted his body enough of a break to successfully lift and carry the television into his home. As he was carrying it, he looked back at Stryker, and noticed she had rather large cat-like ears. This surprised him and he failed to hold back expressing his confusion. Furrowing his right brow and raising his left in curiosity, Vance bit back the urge to question Stryker about her ears. Instead, he simply trudged into the kitchen, placed the television down and went back out to grab another box.

The box was a lot lighter than the last one and he decided now would be a good time to practice his social skills. Keeping his eyes dead ahead, he cleared his throat to hopefully catch Stryker's attention, "How do you feel about Soleil City? I know you mentioned you haven't been here too long, but, in researching this city it was difficult to get an accurate idea of it, so maybe you can give me your own personal experience with it?" The stories and reviews of the city had been average and could easily have applied to the several other thousands of cities in America. The only semi-interesting thing he had found about the city were the rumors about finding your soulmate, but they were likely just rumors.

"I know that there's rumors about finding your soulmate in this city," Saying it out loud caused Vance's stoic expression to crack, in its place a doubtful small smirk, "however, I'm not too inclined to believe that. Not without concrete evidence." Perhaps Vance had just insulted Stryker, who may have already found her soulmate or perhaps she genuinely believed in the idea of soulmates, he wouldn't know until he saw her reaction.

•  ▾ ombre street; outside 1315 tab tab  stryker
                            【 curious tab tab 【 'talking helps make this go by faster'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:25 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ Nodding slowly to show she understood, she leaned down to pick up one of the boxes, watching him carefully as he picked up the heavier box and carried it in. It seemed like he had regained some of his strength, which a relieved sigh slipped from her lips before she could stop it. Following after him with her own box, she quietly watched from behind him, blinking a few times in surprise as he seemed to look back at her. Looking behind herself, a rather dumb thing to do, but it was reflex, she knew there was nothing behind her. She just hoped that someone wasn't looking weirdly at her for once. Low and behold, she wouldn't get her wish, he looked at her oddly, though she couldn't imagine as to why. Seemingly like he was holding himself back, Stryker pushed it off, not really wanting to answer any questions that may have to do with her appearance at the given moment. Placing the box down in the as directed, she sighed inwardly now, disappointment blooming in her chest, but she didn't know why, so she quietly turned and followed him back outside to grab another box.
Stryker's ears perked and turned in his direction before she turned to look at him at the sound of his throat clearing. How did she feel about the city? It is..."It is...Different..." She thought a moment as she leaned down and grabbed another box, "It's open, accepting." Every word, phrase, everything she said didn't seem to do the city justice. "Every sort of person, creature and being you'd ever even begin to fathom comes here." Her expression went blank for a moment as she remembered her own reasons for coming to this place. "It's the place one runs to when they have no where else to go. A fresh start and a place to hide." An empty laugh forced it's way out that even startled her, "This city is anything you need it to be." The words felt cold even coming out of her, but she couldn't stop herself. It was the truth for many people here. It wasn't like she could scare this guy off with just this alone, and if that's all it took, he probably wouldn't survive in this city anyway.
Listening to him again, this time as he spoke of the rumor about the soul mates, and the expression that followed, Stryker managed a small laugh before shaking her head. "I can't say that it's absolutely just a rumor. I believe there have been a few couples here who have managed to do just that. Find their soul mate." Walking into his home and dropping off the box, she went back out for another one. She leveled her eyes on him again and a thought popped into her head, making her cringe, "I suppose someone would actually want you in the first place...I can't even get that far." Grimacing at the thought, she rubbed her hands together slowly, the joints in her fingers sore and stiff. She must have been more worn out than she thought when her fox came out. She didn't feel that tired anymore at least and it was quite silent and uncaring within her. "Must be the weather..." Turning her eyes to the sky, it didn't seem likely, but she'd rather blame that than anything else.
"If you'd like to learn more, I think the library might actually hold better information on it." Stryker herself had never treaded into that territory, so she wasn't exactly the best source of information on it, but she did know for a fact that people have actually found their soulmates in this place. She didn't hold onto the hope, so she never really looked into it. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Calm ] [☀: Location][ Streets of Ombre ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ These two are literally two little peas in a pod! rofl ]

Exequtie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • The thought behind Stryker's words was evident as she explained to Vance, who had stopped moving and opted to simply stand with the box held against his waist so he could truly listen and take in his neighbor's words. A deep frown fell upon his face, 'Creatures, huh, is that all I am now? No, I couldn't even claim that...' The machines that resided in place of his organs whirred quietly, heard only by him, as if in response to his depressing thoughts. His heartbeat was artificial and only for effect, not serving any true purpose since the cold mechanism lodged in his chest didn't need to pump in order for synthetic blood and fuel to flow through Vance's body. The fake pulse felt in his body was only a cruel joke played on him by the surgeons. No, he really couldn't even claim to be a creature, he was simply a machine. A machine whose only option left was to seek refuge in Soleil City.

Stryker's tone fell as she continued, explaining that the city held endless possibilities, becoming whatever its residents made of it. Despite the ominous air around her words, it was somewhat reassuring. Knowing that there were likely others who were seeking a new life much like Vance made him feel more at ease with his decision to move across the country to be there. Her voice drifted off as she took another box into his house, causing Vance to shake out of his stupor and follow her, placing his own box on the floor. The two walked out for the last couple boxes, Stryker countering Vance's disbelief about soulmates, her yellow eyes falling on him before looking away with an emotion that Vance couldn't quite read.

"I'm not sold on it, those supposed couples could have been lying. I can't imagine it's too hard to talk yourself into seeing your partner as your soulmate. But... It is an interesting topic, maybe I will stop by the library to scour for more information." His voice trailed off, the final thought was more Vance talking out loud to himself.

During their conversation Vance hadn't failed to notice Stryker rubbing her hands together, and he felt wracked with guilt for having her help him. Taking a step closer to the two remaining boxes, he eyes their size and concluded that he could likely lift and carry them by himself. Turning his head to look at Stryker he gave her a cold, but polite nod, "Thank you for your help, but I can carry these last two by myself." He lifted one box and placed it on the other before crouching down to get a good hold at the bottom and then slowly stood up. Giving one more glance to Stryker he raised an eyebrow, "I really do appreciate the help." Now what? What's the normal thing to do after receiving help? Oh right, a reward.

Keeping his brow raised and his eyes locked on Stryker, Vance idly tapped his fingers on the bottom box, "I, uh, I don't have anything to offer you, I don't really drink coffee or tea, but... If there's a café or something that you frequent," good lord he was floundering, "I can put these boxes inside and treat you as a 'thanks' if you'd like?"

•  ▾ ombre street; outside 1315 tab tab  stryker
                            【 appreciative tab tab 【 'what if she's in a hurry?'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $850

{ooc: lmao the saddest peas in a pod}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Exequtie

Trash

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆╮ Covering her mouth to hide a smirk and a small laugh, he was obviously skeptical of the soulmate idea. Clearly because he stated he wasn't sold on it, but what he said afterwards wasn't wrong either. "Well if you find anything about it. Let me know." She turned her attention back to him, dropping her hand and smiling easily at him. Though her own self doubts and broken emotions lingered, she realized Vance as a complete stranger was quite easy for her to talk to. He didn't seem like a bad neighbor to have.
Blinking in surprise with his sudden and cold offer of thanks, she stood hesitantly and watched him for a moment as he grabbed that last two boxes. She chewed her bottom lip with a sharp canine again, feeling guilty for a couple different reasons. She felt badly that she had almost forced her help upon him, but there was also the fact that she hadn't finished helping him. It just didn't seem right to her, but it's not like she could change his mind. "Uhm...Yeah. No problem. I'm glad I could help." She gave a small smile, twisting her hands together again, a seemingly nervous gesture. Well what was she going to do with her day now? It wasn't like she expected this to take that long or spend much time with her new neighbor outside of helping him, but she didn't really have anything else planned other than her walk. Maybe she should ask him to go with her to show him around the city? But then again, he didn't seem like the overly social type, that much was clear.
Twisting her fingers aggressively enough to cause the bones to pop here and there, Stryker had cast here gaze elsewhere in thought, not realizing he was still there looking at her. It even took her a moment to realize he was speaking as she had been trying to formulate how to, if she should, ask him to join her out in the city. She didn't want to be so forward, but how else does one make friends. Nodding firmly to herself, she turned her attention back to him and realized he was speaking, her mouth opening and closing real quick. "Oh, uhm. Yes." She sputtered as she finally caught on to what he was saying. He apparently beat her to the punch. "I..I mean you don't really have to thank me, but I'd certainly appreciate it." How had she managed so long in social situations? She was terrible at this!
A light blush covered her cheeks as she sighed and covered her face. She was a monster, not a regular person. Very few people knew of the atrocities she had committed. Even for something like this, a simply thank you for helping someone, seemed like it was too good for someone like her. But she knew she couldn't think like that forever. So she'd slowly start accepting the times offers like this do happen. Which doesn't happen frequently anyway, so it would be good for her to take them when they did happen. Sighing inwardly, she felt her fox stir inside of her, awakened by her lack of control on her thoughts. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Calm ] [☀: Location][ Streets of Ombre ][☁: I'm With][ Vance. ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ So sad. rofl ]

Exequtie

● Ombre Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces