Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Hospital Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:06 pm
User Image
                                                            Corαlyn Dubois
                                                            ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                                            𓆰 | I'm feeling Flustered | I'm speaking to Aaron heart | Where am I? The hospital | What am I wearing? Casual cold

Coralyn's own cheeks went a flush when she realized she had upset him, her face slowly sporting a light frown until she saw his own and looked away. As comical as he looked with how sad he seemed, she didn't know what she could do to change that. Normally, she'd just embrace him and tap his back since she couldn't verbally count but she'd usually do about ten taps to mimic verbally counting to ten and peck his cheek to kiss the sadness away. Sure it was childish, she was rather childish herself, but she really liked babying him because he was often accepting of it and physical affection of any form in general was her love language.

The word he used quickly drew her out of her thoughts, while it did make her flush up a shade of red, it did also make her want to reach over and touch him, even embrace him if he'd let her so she could take care of his sadness. Alas, she drew her hand back that she had extended just a moment ago to pat him and clench on her skirt a little so she wasn't tempted to touch him again. The incident sure had built a wall between them, a wall she wished she could just break down somehow, but she didn't know how. She took a deep breath, and tried to tug her hand away from herself so she could sign something but caught his words instead. She looked up and spotted what he held up for her. Those baby blues looked like they had a new life sprouting through them, her eyes looking up at him with the brightest smile which quickly twisted with the mix of emotions and her hands moved to her face quickly to hide it and soon little sobs could be heard from past her hands. She was indeed crying, if it wasn't evident, it would be with her tears crystalizing and dropping on her skirt and some sliding down her skirt and onto the floor.

Coralyn wasn't upset, she was just taken a back and well, happy in general for being even considered by him. She was happy he cared enough to want to make her feel special, she was happy that he still thought of her. She pulled her hands away and without thinking of him still recovering, she lunged onto him and wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing his frame against her own as she hid her face into the crook of his neck. She wished, like many other times, that she could speak her mind and tell him how happy she was, how she loved him and how didn't have to, or even Happy Valentines day, love.

She remained glued to him for a good few minutes before she pulled away, wiping her eyes and sniffing, looking like a mini wreck, but she didn't care too much. She took the presents and looked back at him as he explained, smiling brightly before leaning closer to peck his cheek, leaning against him as she took a good look at the flowers, snigging them before she shifted her attention to the card that he had made, looking back up at him as though asking permission to read it right here but started to try and open the envelope none the less.

Out.Of.Crembrule.

l SHEM l

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:37 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

THEMESONGHIS VOICE
User Image

WHERE: Hospital, Private Room│WITH: Coralyn heart THOUGHTS: "Valetine's Day!"│STATUS: In a relationship? (needs fixing)│Outfit: Hospital Patient Clothing

XXXXXXXXXXX go and put the lights out XXXXXXXXXXX≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎XXXXXXX we'll keep fighting on and on until we BLACKOUT XXXXX

Aaron got a little nervous after hearing her sobbing. He got speechless yet he nudge himself a little closer to her to check her out. With the items in each of his hand, he really wanted to touch her. --To at least feel her skin and caress her.

Hesitant as he was, he didn't expect what happen after that. "!!!!" His heart skipped a beat after they finally made physical contact again. His eyes widened as his lips parted a little in surprise. He felt that stinging pain again in some portions of his muscles, but the bodily pains overlapped by the warmth rekindling in his chest. His cheeks shaded with red even more after he felt her face pressing against his neck. It was a mixture of feelings at that moment. He wasn't able to speak from being overwhelmed. Yet he slowly embraced her, hugging her warmly as he closed his eyes, pressing his lips over her head, smelling her scent again.

Aaron remained quiet as he cherished their official reunion. His free hand brushed her hair, traveling down her rub her back, some pats along with a few gentle love squeezes on her arm and shoulder. He also managed to land a few pecks on her head before their bodies would regain some room again.

He gave Coralyn an adoring smile and nodded as she attempted to open the letter. And as she does so, Aaron unceremoniously pulls the tip of his shirt to cover his crotch area. The cuddle hug they had just a few seconds ago gave him an unanticipated arousal. It's not from being horny, though. But from the excitement and overjoy now that they're back in the love bubble again. The overwhelming mixed feelings from a while ago caused his Junior to wake up.

(Details about the love letter: Hand written in cursive that has scribbles of hearts surrounding the body of the letter. The envelope is pink, but the paper he used for the letter is a fragrant paper with a color of pastel blue. Coralyn can also find some tiny heart cut-outs inside the envelope.)

To the Love of My Life, Coralyn:
                                        Hello, my sunshine.
                                        I am so sorry about what I did. I didn't mean to scare you. It's one of my greatest fears to make you feel that I don't love you anymore.

But I do! I do love you!

And I'm sorry that I got hit by a car. I don't intend to make you worry even more.

I also want to tell you about the lady who kissed me.
                                        .. If I was to speak this verbally, I think I'll stutter. And I would sound like I'm unbelievable.

But please hear me out, my sunshine. I love you, deep in my heart, I really do. I would NEVER EVER cheat on you. Who ever you saw, I do not know that lady. And I will find a way to prove that I'm not lying to you.

Take this letter as a promise.
                                        And I will not stop until I found out who set me up.

(Aaron's Signature)
                                        By yours truly, Aaron.
                                        I love you, Coralyn.

If Coralyn is to look at Aaron, amidst reading or after reading the letter; Aaron's face is a little worried or rather sad, though his cheeks are still shaded in pink, he can't shake the thought on how will Coralyn react to the letter.

ll Neo ll

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:25 am
User Image
                                                            Corαlyn Dubois
                                                            𓆰 | I'm feeling Flustered | I'm speaking to Aaron heart | Where am I? The hospital | What am I wearing? Casual cold

Coralyn found herself clinging onto his hospital gown tightly as until she felt him embrace her in return, her heart beat slowly turning normal but it felt so loud like she could explode. She worried that she was hurting him, she worried that she would have caused him pain from being pressed against him so tightly but the moment his lips made contact with her head, all the worry left her and her shoulders dropped in relaxation. She stayed close until she was satisfied, pulling away to start having a better look at the things he gave her, especially the letter.

As much as Coralyn was enjoying his attention, she was still curious about the contents of the letter, so she maintained contact by resting her frame against his chest while she pulled out the letter to read it. The whole time, there was a silly smile on her lips, seeing the amount of detail and effort he had put into it, looking up at him once and noticed him being nervous, before she returned her attention to the letter. She held onto it and felt like she was reliving every moment up to that day, she set the letter down and looked back at him, taking a deep breath as she raised her arms to sign.

"Can we put that behind us, please?" she says, her lips pursing as she felt herself starting to feel overwhelmed with emotions and slowly starting to tear up. She lowered her head a little and tried to quickly wipe them away before they came, looking down at his frame idly until her hues caught his excitement. She looked flushed and then shifted her gaze back to him. For the moment at least, she didn't want to think of that woman again, she didn't want to think about the woman nobody had a clue about that eclipsed their happiness. She wanted to move on from that at least now, even if he was guilty or innocent, which she believed the latter for mostly, she wanted to not think about it now. Like starting over, giving this a new try. She looked back at him with a slight smile and leaned over to peck his cheek. "Please?" she signed again, trying to convince him.

Out.Of.Crembrule.

l SHEM l

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:58 am
User Image

THEMESONGHIS VOICE
User Image

WHERE: Hospital, Private Room│WITH: Coralyn heart THOUGHTS: "I love you, Coralyn."│STATUS: In a relationship with Coralyn Dubois│Outfit: Hospital Patient Clothing

XXXXXXXXXXX go and put the lights out XXXXXXXXXXX≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎XXXXXXX we'll keep fighting on and on until we BLACKOUT XXXXX

While Coralyn was reading the letter, he couldn't help but keep staring at her. His arm is also wrapping loosely around her waist. His eyes traced the strands of her locks, ... her ear, ... her jaw line .. --and her scent.. is so... . arousing~

At this point, he fully admit that he feels horny having Coralyn this close since they last cuddled. But why is this feeling so sudden? --maybe he really missed her so much. From what he remembers, weeks have passed since they "did it".

He still tried to cover it by pulling his shirt down. However, he let go of it while trying to calm her at the paty she cried after signing that they put the unfortunate incident behind them.
                                        "Oh no, no.. love, don't cry." He would say, rubbing her back and caressing her head with his other hand.

Aaron would nod at her last plead and would say, "Okay. I won't mention it ever again. --It's just you and me." He added as he held her cheeks gently, gazing into her eyes with the demeanor of a determined man.
                                        He gazed into her eyes, taking his time to retrace her face again. Until he realized his hands were already touching her soft skin, her beautiful.. innocent face. "Should I kiss her? --I really want to kiss her so badly." He thought to himself before his next move.

Leaning a little closer to her, his hand remains on her face, gently cupping her cheek, while his other hand slowly creeps to the bottom of her nape. --He stared into her eyes a little more. His cheeks all rosey, and his body is getting a little hotter. His heart pounds a little harder as he could feel the butterflies fluttering inside his stomach. He would then brush her lower lip with his thumb, seeing them look like lucious cherries on top of an icecream sundae. He throat would then do a motion, as he tries to swallow the building drool underneath his tongue. And finally, he would utter her name in a whisper tone before fully leaning forwad to meet her soft and tender lips. His eyes partly closed, trying to look at her as he attempts to kiss her. "... Coralyn."

ll Neo ll

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:24 am
x
x
x
x
{ ② ωєєк тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, мαяcн ②⑤тн

םαч ① σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤③③
( ① чєαя, ⑤ мσитнs, ⑰ םαчs )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:25 am
User Image
User Image

"Glad to see you too, though I wish it was under less dire circumstances." This might be the first time he heard such a thing from Erik. While he healed he listened to what Kro was telling him. It was concerning news, but where it would usually distract him, now he remained focused on his task at hand. He only slightly adjusted after hearing what Kro told him. More focus on Erik’s chest and head than the rest. Perhaps he had just experienced too much since he knew the young man which had slowly made him less sensitive to things like this. A concerning fact on its own, but Ayluin wouldn’t change a thing even if he got the chance. All he hoped was that the driver could be tracked down soon.

After he made sure the emergency services were on their way, he didn’t even bother with his mobile. He kept going until the ambulance sped into the street all the way until they fully took over. He had done what he could with his limited skill. Naturally he joined them in the ambulance after a nod to their feathered companions. When the ambulance drove off, Lugh lifted into the air, picked up the mobile phones with his talons and then followed Kro to the hospital. It wasn’t a long flight and soon they arrived on the spot. Spotting his prince, Lughnasadh completely disregarded the fact animals wouldn’t be allowed and he swooped in after him, hoping Kro was right there with him. He could only imagine how the other bird would feel. He would be beside himself if it had been Ay laying there.

Ayluin couldn’t join the ER itself, so he waited in the hallway. When he saw Lugh he was momentarily surprised but he was glad for it. "Thank you Lugh." The moonelf took the two mobiles from the phoenix and Lugh landed on his usual shoulder perch. “The least I could do, my Lord.” Ayluin nodded and paced a bit as he waited. This was where his influence ended and where he just had to hope for the best. That it had been enough that he could mend at least a bit. Meanwhile he wondered about the attempt. "Did you see who it was Kro? Did you recognize him? The car?" If anyone might know details it might be Kro, as they were there. Perhaps it could help with arrest.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Address : 1203 Pasadena]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Hospital] xxx

[With : The birds] xxx

[Thinking : Things] xxx

[Notables : special or eye catching things on Ay]

"Ay speaking"
OOC: Words Words xxx
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Quotes: xxx

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:19 pm
Rhun Tolihzeh

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
My Card My Voice My Residence: 1203 Pasadena My Occupation: Cashier at Bookworm's
========================

Kro was certain that by the time Erik had been loaded into the ambulance, the half-idiot could not process any feelings he might be getting from Kro, and the bird was damn glad for it. Erik didn’t need to be picking up on that much fear and stress. For a brief second Kro hesitated on whether he should go in the hospital or not, but the bird who could talk to people was doing it, and if worse came to worst, he had no qualms about leaving Lugh to take care of the idiots while he snuck into his fledgling’s room. While the flashy bird perched tall and obvious on Ay’s shoulder, Kro kept to dark nooks and shadows. Like hell he was getting caught and thrown out. ”I didn’t see who was driving, all of the glass was extra dark. The car was…I think humans would call it black, shaped like the more common streamlined cars. If you have something I can write with and something to write on, I can copy down all of the letters and pictures I saw. Once Erik is stable and settled I can get more intel from him. I should be able to tap into his memories, and he has a memory just as good as any raven’s.” Coming from Kro, that was a high compliment, but he wasn’t thinking about that right now. Until his chick was perfectly healed and the culprit killed, all he could focus on was guarding Erik and hunting down the villain. A few orderlies stopped by and told Ay birds weren’t allowed in the hospital. Each time Kro hid away and managed to avoid detection. Through one way or another each orderly was sent away and the birds remained. Eventually they came to accept there was just going to be an ostentatious bird in the hallway and there was nothing they could do about it.

Nearly four hours later a doctor came out to speak with Ay. He stopped and stared at the giant bird just chilling in the hall, but he had heard through the grapevine that was a thing that was happening today. ”Pardon sir, were you the one who came in with Erik Leroux?”. He’d wait for some form of acquiescence before continuing. ”He’s out of surgery now and resting in a room in the ICU. Most of his ribs were broken or cracked, his leg had to be surgically put back together, and he suffered a mild concussion, but otherwise he’s fine. All things said, he’s pretty lucky, given what I’ve heard about the accident. In most cases like that, the patient would have died on impact or very soon thereafter. There were signs of internal bleeding, but the cause had repaired itself. He should make a full recovery eventually, but it will take several months and he’ll need to rest and not move around much.” Kro couldn’t believe things had turned out kinda ok all things considered. Boss was probably glad to hear it if he didn’t know already. Now they just needed the go ahead to visit and he would beeline for his beloved friend. Hell, he’d bust down walls if he had to…somehow. ”You can visit him if you wish, but please be quiet and don’t disturb him, he needs his rest and he will likely be sensitive to noise. When he wakes up, he most likely will not be very coherent. He is on very strong painkillers now.” The doctor would give Ay the room number and some basic cryptic directions. ”Those directions suck, but I’ve got a read on him, I can get us there quickly.” Kro darted off down the hall, only stopping when he got to a closed stairwell door. ”We’re heading two levels up. Come on this isn’t the scenic route.” So what if he was being abrasive, he just had to get to his chick’s side preferably several hours ago.

========================
Gang: Relationship Status: Mateless Mood: X_X Observing Other Corvids: Yet again he doesn’t even make an appearance.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:27 am
User Image
User Image

"I see. I don’t have anything with me right now to work with, but when we get back home there will be paper and pen." They would surely be sent away after some time. The elf had learned enough about hospitals to know that much. Ayluin wasn’t sure why Kro kept hiding from the humans that walked around the hospital. It was odd behavior but it only occupied his mind for a short moment. He was more concerned about Erik and worried about the news they might receive. This had been more severe than other times they had gotten into problems like this. “That boy has a penchant of getting into all sorts of trouble. Even you should be careful, my Lord.” The message had been so muffled, as if there was a fog, that Ayluin recognized it as a telepathic thought meant for him alone.

Perhaps Lugh didn’t want to upset Kro more, who knew? "It sure looks like it, but I won’t step away. I…love him…Lugh." A thought back to the bird but before he could speak up towards Kro so they weren’t left out, someone stopped next to them and spoke about birds not being allowed. Ay was about to answer, but Lugh beat him to it. “I’ll have you know I am not just any bird. I have intelligence and I am likely older than your whole family! Whatever you do I am not leaving my Charge’s side.” And with that, because Lugh convinced them or perhaps because people were too dumbfounded by a cohesive talking bird to protest further, they left them be. The moonelf would need to speak to Lugh and let them know humans actually could understand without being so brusk, but for now he had other things on his mind.

By the time a doctor finally came to update them about Erik, Ayluin had grudgingly sat down after some people had complained he made them nervous. He sighed deeply and got up to perhaps get something to drink when a man approached. Ayluin turned and looked at the man. He was about to ask them to speak up when they already spoke and he nodded. "Yes, I am." Usually he would have introduced himself but he was in a hurry to know more. The words were all the confirmation he needed to know just how close a call this one had been. It was some mess this time.

It was like the injuries were getting worse each time something happened. What if the next time he would not be so lucky? The very thought made Ayluin feel terrible. The moonelf nodded at the man once more. "I will see to that once he is discharged. Thank you." He didn’t elaborate on why the internal bleeding would be gone, but he was glad his magic had helped keep Erik alive. Ayluin listened to the instructions and thanked the man again before he went straight for the room in question. Hearing Kro’s words he was somewhat surprised. Every hospital had directions written clearly on signs so there was little chance of getting lost, but Kro would know the way faster so Ayluin followed him, Lugh sitting on his shoulder. At least, he tried to follow him, but they were too fast. He couldn’t run after all, it would be too risky.

"I’m coming." he said and opened the door so they could ascend the stairs. He ignored the tone of Kro’s voice, knowing well they were frantic. "I know you are in a hurry, Kro, I am too. But if I start running I’ll be sent out of the hospital before we know it." His voice had been soft and gentle, hoping to soothe if only a little bit. He didn’t lose any time rushing up the stairs though, no patients to disturb. With his recent practices with Driz and his frequent gardening, he had grown his stamina by a lot. When he had to stop running because there were patient rooms again, it was a small mercy that they were already in the hallway with Erik’s room and Ayluin followed the corridor to the door in question.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Address : 1203 Pasadena]xxx[Profile: Link]
User Image

[Where : Soleil Hospital] xxx

[With : The birds] xxx

[Thinking : Things] xxx

[Notables : special or eye catching things on Ay]
Royal mark on his forehead.

"Ay speaking"
OOC: Words Words xxx
User Image
’Lughnasadh’

Quotes: xxx

Katze Allemon-Schatten

-

-

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:54 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, мαяcн ②⑨тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤③⑦
( ① чєαя, ⑤ мσитнs, ②① םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:23 pm
Just Rosa

User Image

"Try to knock some sense / Down in my bones / And even though they don't show / The scars aren't so old / And when they go / They let you know

You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / Don't try, don't try"

☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
Hands you a Business Card Voice Recognition I'm S-single My Pad: 1424 Doux District My Role: Coroner
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

”A rather light case load,” he muttered to himself as he looked over the files of the new residents of the morgue. As per usual, Emelius had arrived half an hour before the work day technically started. No matter how much he enjoyed himself out in the land of the living, he had to admit he always felt safe and comfortable around the dead. These days he was sharing his morgue with Ms. de Noire, a fact he had initially approached with trepidation. Was he good enough to mentor a student? Would she actually like it here? Would she think he was creepy? So many questions had plagued him before he met her. And then he met her and immediately felt like a complete idiot for worrying. Well, except the question of if he was good enough, but he was accustomed to second guessing his own abilities. She was quiet, respectful, studious, and perfectly at home amongst the dead; what more could he ask? The true bonus was her ability to speak with the dead. Though he still had to perform a thorough autopsy every time, it made his job much simpler when he could find out directly from the patient just what had happened at the time of their death. ”I wonder if the spirits were still around when I was embalming them? That would be rough, watching yourself get punctured and sewn and such. Hope all traces of me are gone by body prep time if I end up getting embalmed.”

He slipped back into his office, files in hand, and set a small kettle upon a hot plate to boil. At some point he learned Marion enjoyed tea, and in an attempt to make her feel at home in this new city, he made sure to keep some tea bags and the kettle where she could easily find them. It wasn’t the most exciting tea: an earl grey or english breakfast probably; but it was fresh and hot and he tried to have a cup ready for her when she came in. Looking back to the case files, the first was a middle-aged man, a particular James Life, who was found dead in the living room by his wife. Mr. Life had a history of high blood pressure, suggesting the cause could be cardiovascular, but it wasn’t safe to presume anything before thoroughly investigating. Especially since Mrs. Life, the deceased’s wife, blamed herself for not being home when it happened. Maybe if she had, her husband would still be alive. Not that he blamed her, but he wanted to get the answers so perhaps he could reassure her there was nothing she could have done. The second patient was a true mystery. Young woman on the cusp of thirty suddenly falls ill and is rushed to the hospital. Less than forty-eight hours later, she was transferred to the morgue. ”Younger than me, that’s rough.” Though he spoke aloud, his comment was not directed to anyone, a complication of having worked by himself for too many years.

Stiffs: No one yet Mood Meter: Depressed █▇▇▇▇█▇▇▇▇▇▇█ Manic Wearing: Out Of Corpses Sorry this took so long…
☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
"Take the blade away from me / I am a freak, I am afraid that / All the blood escaping me won't end the pain / And I'll be haunting all the lives that cared for me / I died to be the white ghost / Of the man that I was meant to be"

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Just Rosa

Anxious Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:46 am
User Image

User Image

ood → Neutral, at ease | ocation → Soleil Hospital | ompany → Emi

ome → 1410 Doux Housing District | y rofile → Here | heme → Dance in the Dark & You should see me in a crown

tab tab tab For all of her childhood till she was in her 'adolescent' years, she was looked down upon because of her abilities. She was treated like she was cursed and that somehow shunning and their extreme rituals would cure her. It in fact did the opposite and it is the root cause of her distrust of strangers. Though she has been able to heal and move from those troubles, she is still instinctively weary of strangers but she has become less afraid of them. Though it seems to need more work for her to not clam up with strangers. But it hasn't gotten in the way of her job interning at the hospital under Emelius, probably it's because she is good at compartmentalising and she doesn't really need to talk to many people; just her mentor and maybe a handful of hospital staff.

tab tab tab She was sipping on some freshly brewed Early Grey tea while looking over both files along with Emi. Marion does appreciate the accommodations her mentor has provided, like said tea. 'Maybe I can bring in some nice teas for him to try, a variety of blends...' Going over the files a few more times to trying to pin any small detail that might have been overlooked. "..."

tab tab tab Then it happened, not all the time but it has a higher chance of happening in the presence of death. Like cemeteries and... this place. Marion would feel something on her shoulder; like a hand but it's not physically there. She still never understood what drew them to her. Some are chatty, maybe they are desperate to talk to someone or maybe that's just how they were. Most are distant and weary, like her so she doesn't take it personally. And those who are either in denial or frantic. She heard whispers, from the both of them, she could tell cause their voices were different. Though they weren't talking in full sentences but the words they did say were enough to fill the gaps. "Emelius... is there a sample of spinal fluid from the second case-patient? If not I think we should get a sample. Though for the first one... did the patient ever mention any vision change or maybe any blood coughing? She was more confident about the second case but she still needed some info about the first one.

ut offee: sorry for taking too long crying
Katze Allemon-Schatten

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:28 am
“Just Rosa”

User Image

"Try to knock some sense / Down in my bones / And even though they don't show / The scars aren't so old / And when they go / They let you know

You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / You can't put your arms around a memory / Don't try, don't try"

☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
Hands you a Business Card Voice Recognition I'm S-single My Pad: 1424 Doux District My Role: Coroner

He had some ideas about what a likely CoD for both patients could be, but he was more interested in what she had to say. Also, technically he was supposed to keep an open mind during the autopsy, lest he miss some critical detail all because he was hunting down evidence to prove his presumption. ”They did take one, however she died soon after, from what I’ve read, so they didn’t rush the results. They should be coming in later today.” That was a very astute suggestion on her part, an infection which targeted the brain was a likely culprit for sudden onset illnesses which killed quickly. Still, he couldn’t help but ask: ”out of curiosity, are either of them speaking with you? If they are, I wanted to apologize to them for the autopsy. I imagine it might be a bit unsettling for people to watch their bodies getting dissected. I don’t mean to make them feel uncomfortable or anything, we just have to do it to find out what happened.” He’d need to get some thicker skin about this kind of thing if he ever took up his father’s mantle: he couldn’t go around apologizing to every organism he reaped. It would be tedious with just humans, but including bacteria in the mix? That was just too many deaths to keep up with. ”As for Mr. Life, I didn’t see anything in the chart stating he had, but we’ll need to inspect the lungs and brain anyway, so we can look for signs then. Shall we suit up and get to work? We can start with whoever you wish. The initial autopsy for them both need to be done today, so I suppose order doesn’t matter too much. Especially since foul play is not suspected in either case.” Generally cases were processed in order of arrival, however, if foul play was suspected, it would get priority. It was a little unfair to the people who had been waiting longer, but in potential murder cases the cops needed to know whether they needed to be looking for a suspect before said suspect managed to go underground or get out of the country.

Stiffs: Marion Mood Meter: Depressed █▇▇▇▇█▇▇▇▇▇▇█ Manic Wearing: Out Of Corpses It lives…
☆═━┈ xxxx ┈━═☆
"Take the blade away from me / I am a freak, I am afraid that / All the blood escaping me won't end the pain / And I'll be haunting all the lives that cared for me / I died to be the white ghost / Of the man that I was meant to be"

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers