Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Taste of Italy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:58 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Oleandor had just stepped outside and locked his door when he stretched himself once more. He smiled as he looked at the sky. It was nice to have a bit more warmth after last week’s sudden freeze over. It was still cold, but that didn’t bother the lapine. He was used to that back home too with the farm. He looked around and sighed a bit. "I would so much like to tend to a garden, too bad we have none here." he muttered to himself before he walked out onto the dock outside of his property. Once he got there he focused for a bit and his wings appeared. With a few flaps he warmed them up and then nodded before he took off fast into the sky. He loved flying, he had to admit. So naturally he would fly whenever he got the chance. Well and it also ensured he would never be late for work, because he would get there in a few flaps of his wings. He smiled, turned around his axis a few times and set off.

He took a small detour to fly a bit longer as he had plenty of time, but in the end he would land neatly and precisely out back of the restaurant, while making sure he didn’t knock anything over with his wings. Once he landed, he vanished his wings and smiled before he glanced at a clock he could see through the window. Well on time as always, early as was his won’t. The Lanrunian looked around at the terrace and tsk’d a bit. The cold had not been kind to the outside furniture. He nodded, deciding he would make the terrace his first task today and waited at the door, leaning against the wall, for someone to come that had a key. He still didn’t get his, but he was also the newest employee so he didn’t expect one for a while either.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[Address : 1115 Etoile]xxx[Profile: ID Card]

User Image
    [Where : Outside Taste of Italy] xxx

[With : ?] xxx

[Thinking : Things] xxx

OOC: Words Words xxx

"Oleandor Speaking"
    Voice Claim: Voice Claim: Jason Charles Miller
    Quotes: xxx

Ashtail Foxclaw

-

-

'THOUGHTS'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: xoxo
            tab tab outfit: casual
            tab tab posting colour: #D19FE8

The day was like any other. Awaken, shave, shower, dress, oatmeal. It was comforting to run through the dull monotony of the mundane routines, giving Za'saad an excellent start to his day. His shift wasn't until later, but still he found himself with an overabundance of energy so he decided to leave home and head towards work.

By the door to the back entrance, a familiar yet unfamiliar face stood in silence, waiting for someone to guide the poor, lost soul. "Well aren't you a diligent soul, the restaurant doesn't open for another three hours or so, yet here you are. I must admit, fate surely plays a strange prank for letting us meet in such unconventional methods." approaching, Za'saad fished up his keys to unlock the door as well to disarm the alarm so no incident would occur unnecessarily. "I knew a new hire had joined the warfront, but to think it was you... I never would've guessed. I suppose the Lady of Luck saw it fit for use to get acquainted elsewhere before we met at work. I wonder why... Shall we?" Gesturing to the open door, Za'saad nodded his head in greeting to let the young man pass him and go inside now that the alarm was off.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:52 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

The lapine was just enjoying the sun for a moment as he waited. It wasn’t likely that he would go anywhere else, since he wouldn’t want to be late as a result. All else could wait till he was done with his shift today. He pushed off from the wall and stretched his legs a bit while the time passed. It didn’t take very long though before he heard a familiar voice. His ears twitched and he turned around quickly to see if he heard it right. When he saw Za’saad he smiled. "Well, good morning Za’saad." he said cheerfully and walked towards them across the terrace as he had wandered a bit from the door. "I like to be on time for my appointments. This is true." he replied and chuckled.

"Likewise. I had not expected that you would work here at Taste of Italy as well. They introduced me to employees but they were the ones on shift at those times. Still, I’m sure it will be great." he replied in answer to his colleague. Oleandor waited for them to disarm the alarm and when Za’saad nodded for him to go inside first he smiled and walked in. The first meal would be breakfast so the chefs would be here soon too no doubt. Once inside he waited for the other male to join him before he moved toward the employee area. He still had to get dressed in the uniform after all. At least, the upper clothing, since trousers and shoes didn’t matter much as long as they were clean. "How long have you been working here?" he asked out of curiosity to them.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image
    [Where : Taste of Italy] xxx

[With : Za’saad] xxx

"Oleandor Speaking"

Ashtail Foxclaw

-

-

'THOUGHTS'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:42 pm
User Image

User Image

"Well, we were bound to run into each other eventually then - be it at shift change or otherwise." Za'saad noted while the door was opened for them to freely enter. "I've been here comfortably for a few months." After closing it behind them, he followed behind Oleandor till they found themselves in the employee locker-room, giving them amble space and time to change - however Za'saad just deposited his valuables in his locker before closing it back up. "Why are you here so early?... Well, I suppose it doesn't matter, I can put you to work if you have nothing much to do. I was going to polish all our silverware - it takes some time, but I thought our guests deserves the best. It also means we can set up tables sooner now that we're already here. Maybe even do a thorough cleaning of the whole front of house. What do you say? Two against the world seems like fair odds." Giving the other a smile, Za'saad left the employee area and headed for the front of house where he turned on the lights to really see what was going on. Giving it a look, he nodded to himself and headed for the back where he started preparing a mop for the floors. "If you take the mop, I'll lift the tables."

Za'saad wasn't particularly physically strong - at least not with these untrained noodle arms of his - but with the wheels on the bucket of soap-water, he could a lot more easily get the thing to the front of house. While he waited for Oleandor to get ready, he made sure to clear as many tables as he could at once, so nothing that could spill were on top of them.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:11 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

"Yes, we would have, I agree. I’m glad we’re colleagues though." he said as they walked and grinned. Very little could undo Oleandor’s mood of being cheerful. Then again, he had a very optimistic view on the world. Once at the employee area, he walked straight to the locker he had been assigned and took out the uniform. It didn’t take him long at all to put on the shirt and the apron and finished pinning his name plate to his apron. When Za’saad asked his question, Oleandor had just finished and he turned around to look at them, as he was always taught he should by his parents. "I like being early, especially when it is for work. I’d feel bad if I left anyone waiting for me." he replied, though soon the topic changed to things they could do. The lapine listened and nodded.

"Ah yes, while I was waiting I was also thinking the tables outside could use a bit of a scrub. It’s possible the sudden extreme cold has damaged them." he said. Sure there were probably cleaning crews that cleaned the restaurant, but with how chique the place was, was there really any harm in doing it all again? Especially now they had the time. And as a farmer’s son, Oleandor knew what weather could do to stuff outside. The knowledge that Taste of Italy was high end, was also why the bunny saw the logic in polishing the silverware. Together they left the employee room and walked into the restaurant itself. There were plenty of tables to do and no doubt there was also a huge amount of cutlery. They best get started! But when Za’saad spoke of the division he tilted his head a bit.

"Wouldn’t it be better if we would both lift the tables? They look a bit heavy to lift with one person. What if you hurt yourself?" he wondered in concern of his colleague’s welfare. Plenty of tables looked like they could way a ton. If Za’saad would lift them alone and throw his back or something, Oleandor would never forgive himself for not helping them out. Of course he had no problem with mopping, but when it came to lifting heavy objects, he would rather it wasn’t done by one if it could be done safer by two. He could always mop under it and help Za’saad put the tables back.

User Image

[Thinking : ♪ ‘Early morning cleaning roundup!’ ♪] xxx

"Oleandor Speaking"

-

-

'THOUGHTS'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:12 pm
User Image

User Image

A chuckled escaped Za'saad as Oleandor spoke his concern and showed it on his face as well. With such an honest person, Z could practially see his thoughts in his expression - alas there was no need to worry. "I think I can manage." Za'saad couldn't help the cocky attitude as he reached his hand out in front of him, his iris lighting up with a purple glow, as he transferred power to the tip of his finger. His hand moved with a gentle and methodical flow, as if he was painting a delicate picture, leaving behind a trail of purple light that shaped into a strange scripture.

"Manipulation-... Gravity-...; lift." The words were clear and any hint of an accent was lost to the accuracy of pronunciation. There was intent behind his tone and it was spoken like a military command, using the whole body to convey their meaning. His fingers fanned out as the purple writing vanished and instead he felt his magic take hold around the table he had so intensely focused on - and as he lifted his hand, the distortion around it got more intense before eventually pulling it off the floor. The fancy display wasn't just to show off, however, as Za'saad's power had greatly diminished since coming here. He was forced to go back to basics and spell out his intentions clearly when pushing even the smallest of limits. Had he just tried to grab the table like it was second nature, he would never success at his current power level. As it was, his was just strong enough to get the thing off the floor with the extended concentration, but he didn't know how long he could actually hold it.

"Perhaps this should suffice? It'll certainly be faster than moving the tables back and forth." there was a teasing tone to his voice, hiding the bit of strain that it was causing him, but he waited patiently for Oleandor to get the area immediately underneath the table before slowly putting it back in it's place. They might have to go back and align everything properly later, but that was the least of their worries.

Rhun Tolihzeh

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Rhun Tolihzeh

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:13 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Oleandor was surprised they took it so lightly. When they said they could manage he smiled a bit and nodded, a little reassured, and grabbed the mop so he could clean as quickly as possible to minimize the strain on Za’saad. Whatever he had expected though, it was not what he was seeing right now. When Za’saad his fingertips started to glow and trace symbols in the air, the lapine backed a bit, curious but his nose wiggling nervously, as he watched. It was unlike anything he had seen so far. Soleil was really filled with surprises.

After the words were spoken, he wondered what was going on. The bunny blinked and nearly dropped the mop when the table started moving and then lifted up. Oleandor stared at it with surprise as it lifted higher, giving him enough space to mop under them before his gaze went to Za’saad as they spoke. The lapine nodded. "Plenty! I didn’t know you could do that." he said in surprise. But he wouldn’t let it distract him too much, it was time to mop so the other male wouldn’t have to keep standing there.

The Lanrunian made sure he had plenty of soap but not too wet and started to clean under the table. He wasn’t new to cleaning. Back home when he worked in the restaurant there they would also all band together to clean thoroughly at the end of the day. Of course Oleandor, being the fastest of the crew back home, often cleaned the most of it. Once he finished the mopping, he moved clear from the table and watched as Za’saad placed it back on the now freshly cleaned floor. "That does lessen the time needed to clean per table." he admitted and walked to the next table to repeat the process and any table the other male would point out to be done on time for the customers that would come later in the day.

User Image

"Oleandor Speaking"

Ashtail Foxclaw

-

-