Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Essence de Soleil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 am
User Image

Dismi Rosenthal
"Cricket" ❧
User Image

How the mighty had fallen.. Soft steps carried Cricket along the display isle as her mind retraced her day with a dry, self-critical mirth; The woman's hands folded neatly in front of her hips as her silver gaze explored the unique items from the town's history with vague interest in passing. Normally Cricket would have been thrilled to find this place and made a day of it to slake her curiosity about this new town but.. Well, nothing was 'normal' about today. She'd been chasing a lost cat at the request of a young girl and even managed to capture the little beast with the child's help, cheerfully waving the wayward pair off with sincere relief that the kid had found her dear pet.. Until she realized how far their jaunt had taken them from her somewhat familiar streets and into a stranger territory of the town. Initially her first thought had been to gps her home address only to discover her phone battery had died, then she tried to ask for directions from the locals but.. The memory of the loud, overly friendly man urging her to visit the museum echoed through her mind again and Cricket felt her heart leap as hard as it had the first time his booming voice had startled her; A faint flinch jerking her shoulders as she lifted a shaking hand to her chest and took a calming breath. He had been quite kind, just... unwilling to let her speak as he herded her here and promptly left her to 'enjoy the history'. She couldn't even ask which way home would be given how strongly his voice had carried..

The sound of multiple footsteps approaching from behind snapped Cricket back to attention and unable to help herself the woman quickened her own pace, barely slipping out of the way and into a bench/resting place before the gaggle of playful teens that had been prowling the path behind her walked past her oblivious to the silver-haired woman's distress. Children were often better at listening, maybe she could.. Her well-manicured hand had only just lifted to draw the youth's attention before she realized the posse had already ventured too far for her timid voice to reach them; Cricket's lashes forming twin dark crescents upon her cheeks as she sank down onto the break-bench behind her and folded her hands on her lap in defeat. A grown woman lost like a scared little girl? Honestly... despite the hopelessness of it all the thought of Cricket, a tried and true investigator, being too afraid of strangers to ask for directions home was enough to earn a soft bell-like laughter from her lips. A few moments of rest then she'd try to reach out to someone again.. surely, surely she'd be able to do that much..

xoReina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:30 pm
User Image

'I suppose this isn't so bad..just one breath at a time,' the doctor thought to himself as he strolled down the large hallways of Essence de Soleil. He had lost a bet with Serilda Noir, one of his oldest friends. In losing the bet, his consequence was to get out the house for once and do something outside of his usual routine. Typical Seri, always trying to push him out of his bubble. Today was his day off from work, typically that meant locking himself up in h is home like hermit to dedicate his waking hours to research and studies. A true work-a-holic, he strived to be at the top of his game in medicine even at the cost of a social life. Not to mention he was designated to be the 'on-call' doctor for The Blacklist, an underground organization he had loyal ties to. There was a lot on his plate to say the least.

Places like this always made his teeth clench and palms slightly sweat. He suffered anxious reactions from being in such a large crowd of strangers. A result of arduous trials that haunted his past, demons he had yet to handle, so to speak. When he was at work in the hospital, he could focus on his tasks and responsibilities, his attention to his patients and the work at hand made the rest of the world fade away. However, being outside of work and outside of his home all alone like this was not in his norm, not his bubble. A mountain his friend Seri was trying to slowly push him to climb, like a withered plant trying to survive despite the odds.

He paused by one of the art exhibits, focusing on the mixture of colors and mediums. A soft, bell-like laughter echoed nearby, snapping the doctor from his reverie. Curious he peered around for the source and noticed a silver haired woman sitting alone with a distraught look in her eyes. He had seen that stressed look in those crescent eyes too many times amongst his patients. With a caring urge to check on her, he slowly approached, passing by a group of teenagers on his way to the woman. One of the teenagers was the prankster in the group, seeing Marcellus so focused on someone up ahead, the teen mischievously stuck his leg out at the right moment in time.

"Excuse me, miss. I don't mean to pry, is everything ok?" He gently called out to her from several steps away, he was in the middle of waving at the woman when he felt something strike against his leg. He stumbled forward a bit. The teen caught him off guard but inadvertently ignited a fight or flight reaction. In this case, his chimera blood boiled, fangs flashed. Lucky, the doctor stopped himself in time from wrangling the teen's neck. "Be careful who you try to mess with, child." His voice was smooth and calm yet heavy with each syllable. It shook the teens to their core, especially the one who tripped him. The look of horror on their faces sunk deep and they scrambled away like pigeons taking flight.

"Oh...great..." He exhaled in defeat, realizing what he had done. Most of the people in the surrounding exhibits quietly snuck away, gossiping lightly to themselves. He had the worst luck in public.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
WHERE: Essence De Soleil tab tab WITH: "Cricket", Dismi Rosenthal tab tab PROFILE: link tab

Dalia Thail

xoReina

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 am
User Image

Dismi Rosenthal
"Cricket" ❧
User Image

Lost in her thoughts as she was Cricket honestly didn't realize she was being spoken to at first, hearing the low cadence of a man's voice and slowly processing the words as the woman tried to once again reimagine her steps during the feline-chase earlier. It was only at the sudden resurfacing of that voice, in a much more aggressive tone which earned a instinctive flinch, that she fully roused from her self distraction and lifted her attention to the scene playing out so very near her resting place. It finally clicked then, the direction he was facing and lack of other women in the immediate area, that his words had been meant for her before the children from earlier had riled him. To worry about her, was he a employee? No... A critical scan along the man's form hinted that, though well dressed, his attire didn't match the uniforms she'd noticed the museum staff wearing. Then he was a well-meaning stranger. It did make her wonder what he had hoped to gain in approaching her, it was her nature to assume such things after all, but hearing his much calmer warning to the rowdy boys a fair degree of her skepticism faded. Someone with a manipulative personality wouldn't have let them walk away so easily, especially when they gave off such chilling vibes when surprised..

Snide whispers teased the dainty tips of her ears; Cricket stiffening in her seat as she realized the spectacle had been witnessed by others in the room she'd quite forgotten about in all the excitement. Judgmental musings, fearful mutterings, cruel assumptions.. People really were the same no matter where one traveled. Curiosity slipped forward to replace her initial fear and her attention drifted back to the stranger's face to study the array of emotions flickering across the expressive canvas of his features. He was scary.. but not bad. Nothing in his body language spoke to aggression, only to resignation, and even a degree of disdain flashed in his eyes at the attention drifting his way.. and on some level she felt responsible for his predicament. A deep inhale steadied her erratic pulse and Cricket stood, her chin lifting stubbornly as she acknowledged what she wanted to do. Closing the gap between them the woman's steps were light and swift; Cricket failing miserably to hide the way her slight frame was shivering as she neared the man holding the brunt of the attention of the room and shouldered a portion of it herself.

What exactly she had meant to do by approaching him Cricket had no idea but, upon reaching his side, her hand sought his and the woman laced her fingers through his much larger digits firmly.. Her grip gentle but strong even as her pulse pounded from her palm into his. Acting wasn't a strong suit, braver souls could have exuded casual confidence and calm logic doing what she was doing.. But the woman didn't have to pretend to feel the ire she felt as her mercury gaze skirted the room with sheer disapproval. " .. If you have time to stare, it is better spent on learning about the exhibits. Please, do enjoy the history." For her own sake she never would have been strong enough to reprimand strangers as such.. But for someone else's sake? She could tolerate the needle sharp attention for just a little bit..

Turning on her heel, pulling Marcellus along with her grip on his hand, Cricket's path out of the room was more of an escape than a stroll and it was clear from the pale pink blush building up her neck to her cheeks that she was struggling to keep from simply running. By the time she finally stopped it was a few rooms away from where she had abducted the poor man; Cricket absently loosening her hand on his as she turned to face him, her free hand raising to tuck her pale hair behind her pointed ear as the fae halfling tried to force a smile. " Now... The kid tripped you, right? Is your foot okay?" Frankly she had no idea what else to say.. it seemed silly to say things were 'okay' when she felt moments away from a stress-shift and it was difficult to say who was prying now that she'd pretty much kidnapped him in her desperation to get away from the people back there. Besides he'd been trying to check on her, it seemed the least she could do to return the favor.

xoReina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 am
User Image

'Children...to be young and ignorant...' He thought to himself as the teens scrambled away and the stares picked up. He heard light footsteps from behind, the direction he hard recalled the woman to be sitting at. Marcy was surprised to see her now approaching him with a determine look across her features. Had she come to reprimand him? He imagined she would've stopped walking towards him but her steps didn't falter until she stood by his side.

Without a word being said between the two, she interlaced her fingers with his. 'E-eh- -???' He raised an eyebrow and felt his heart pace quicken. " .. If you have time to stare, it is better spent on learning about the exhibits. Please, do enjoy the history." Her words shocked him, she hadn't come to reprimand him, she came to stand up for him! It was unusual and unfamiliar for him to experience an act of kindness from a stranger these days, mainly because he closed himself off at work or home, not truly giving people a chance. The gossipers bit their tongue, some looked away out of guilt, others seemed to glare harder at the pair.

He quietly followed her lead out of the room, through several rooms until they found an empty area in the museum. Her grip never wavered while they strolled out despite the flushing of her cheeks, making the doctor think it was either adrenaline rushing through her or embarrassment. It was admirable to see someone so confident for the sake of a stranger. When they stopped in the empty area, he felt her grip loosen as she turned to finally face him. He peered down at the shorter woman, her long silver hair and equally silver orbs reminded him of a glowing moon. She tucker some of her silver tresses back, exposing a pointed ear, indicating to him that she wasn't purely human.

Her question about his foot snapped him out of his own musings. "Ah, yes, thank you for asking. Some human teenagers think they can do as they please without consequence. I don't always have the best patience with them." He admitted and chuckled lightly. Practicing medicine in Soleil hospital resulted in him learning more and more about humans and other species, their behaviors and traits. Human teenagers seemed to be the most tiresome from the list of species he had been exposed to thus far. The judgmental stares and gossipers earlier did not help the situation either.

He also loosened his grip until their interlaced fingers unwound apart. "I was meaning to ask you, if you were alright when you were on that bench? I've seen that look of stress on my patients before. But then that kid tripped me and then- - ugh, I'm really sorry about all that, Miss. As a thank you, would you like to get some coffee or lunch?"

WHERE: Essence De Soleil tab tab WITH: "Cricket", Dismi Rosenthal tab tab PROFILE: link tab

Dalia Thail

xoReina

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:36 am
User Image

Dismi Rosenthal
"Cricket" ❧
User Image

" You did not retaliate, I'd hazard a guess that was more patience than many would offer in like situations..." Though it would be a lie to say she considered herself entirely Human the fae lass couldn't deny she felt a strong kinship with her mortal cousins; The kids had been foolish and reckless by acting out in such a negative way but it was a relief that none of the teenagers had actually been harmed. " .. With luck you shocked them enough to teach them better manners, but thank you for holding back." Realizing she'd voiced her thoughts aloud Cricket blinked, not quite regretting the comment and yet.. startled it had been so easy to share it given how little she knew her new companion. Feeling her hand being released she instinctively reached up to grasp the narrow strap of her carrier bag which had rested comfortably over her left shoulder throughout the interaction, her nails lightly tracing the worn stitching along the strap as they so often did when her nervous energy needed a outlet. She could still feel the lingering shiver vibrating along the sensitive flesh of her wings as she recalled the potency of his emotions just moments before and yet even with this man looking right at her Cricket couldn't shake the notion that he was not a danger to her. The area they had retreated to was quite and soothing, easing much of her desire to flee and allowing the woman to really process what was happening.

The question about her well-being came again and Cricket tilted her head up, studying his face through the thick fringe of her lashes as she weighed how best to answer the inquiry. At first her impulse was to wave it off as she normally did, with vague truths and light hearted chatter meant to distract those asking such questions of her.. But at his continued explanation the blush returned to her features as her shoulders lifted in a subconsciously defensive gesture. Patients.. Lowering her hands to clasp them in front of her hips Cricket felt the pieces of this strange encounter falling into place as she rallied herself into turning to face him fully, though she let her gaze fall towards the floor as if hiding her thoughts with the gesture. His desire to help her, the clear discomfort with attention.. She finally had a small grasp on who she was talking to and that insight did much to soften the remaining stress from her posture. It did not, however, make her shyness any easier to defeat and when she finally answered him her voice was little more than an abashed murmur as it escaped her lips. " I.. admit that I am in a bit of a troublesome situation, though I did not intend to cause anyone else concern. You do not owe me a 'thank you' for getting you into or out of that mess.."

Honestly the fact that he'd noticed her at all was a surprise, now that she thought about it. People normally missed her presence entirely when she held still. To think that he'd not only registered her but felt motivated enough to check on her? Who was he? Why did he care? Her fingers flexed ever so softly and her lips pressed together; For a moment it honestly seemed as though she would reject his offer politely as she normally did to avoid social interactions with strangers. Yet, when she spoke again, Cricket's voice was a little warmer as she managed to meet his gaze again and countered his offer with a small smile. " ... But I wouldn't mind buying you some coffee as a potential friend, if you agree we are even as far as saving each other goes? I'm curious about these patients of yours and about you yourself, if you don't mind the questions of course." Was it odd to ask such a thing of a stranger? Perhaps.. but as odd as the man was she didn't dislike the idea of getting to know him better.

xoReina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:00 pm
User Image

" You did not retaliate, I'd hazard a guess that was more patience than many would offer in like situations... .. With luck you shocked them enough to teach them better manners, but thank you for holding back." Marcellus nodded in understanding, a gentle smile playing on his features. What a kind soul to care for those teens she had no association with, she sounded she was relieved that he had not acted more harshly on them. He believed it could go either way, some human teens learned their lesson while others only retaliated even more, becoming more rebellious rather than logical. It all depended on each human although he highly doubted that teen would come sneaking around the museum in search for more drama.

Now that he had calmed down from that initial shock of being tripped on the leg, his mind and heart had settled. He could think more clearly about what had transpired and how he could've reacted more efficiently. "If I ever run into him again and he's willing to talk, I wouldn't mind explaining to him why it's rude to trip strangers. That is, if he isn't too afraid to chat." He recalled the days he sat down with his siblings and set them straight. While they often complained that he wasn't anyone's father, he still went out of his way to help guide them whenever he could. It was this caring nature that weaved his fate into medicine.

" I.. admit that I am in a bit of a troublesome situation, though I did not intend to cause anyone else concern. You do not owe me a 'thank you' for getting you into or out of that mess.. ... But I wouldn't mind buying you some coffee as a potential friend, if you agree we are even as far as saving each other goes?" He tilted his head in thought, truly curious about what had been going on with her earlier but since she didn't give an explanation willingly, he didn't push it any further. Instead, he nodded at the offering. "Let's call it even then. I believe there's a cafe nearby we can walk to. Unless he have any particular place in mind you'd like to go to?" He didn't have a lot of friends in Soleil, mainly because he was a hermit who didn't leave the house or was working all the time at the hospital. Seri would be proud of him for taking this new venture with someone new.

The pair began walking through the exhibit together when she asked about his patients. He glanced over at the shorter woman, "I work in Soleil Hospital as a Primary Care Physician, my patients come in for a range of symptoms. The look of stress in your eyes and features reminded me of the times my patients came in with something heavy on their minds. Years of practicing medicine and you learn to pick up on body language...How about yourself, what do you do for work?"

tab OOC: We can continue in this thread or you can quote me in the new location for wherever they go to grab coffee!

Dalia Thail

xoReina

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:39 am
User Image

Dismi Rosenthal
"Cricket" ❧
User Image

" Nearby, please. I would love to explore the area. You chart the course and I'll fund the expedition.~" A simple truth mixed with her typical humor and one that easily glossed over the fact that she didn't know where they were let alone how to locate any notable Cafes without her currently-dead phone's help. It wasn't that she was trying to hide the fact that she'd lost her way... but, rather, the woman found it difficult to admit it thus chose to avoid the issue in favor of a much more interesting topic. The stranger at her side. It was a bit silly but when the man agreed so easily to her request Cricket's head tilted; Instinctively falling into step along side the taller figure as they drifted through the gallery and he shared bits of himself in the conversation. Being a Doctor made sense, it clicked with what she'd pretty much guessed given his behavior so far. The other option, thinking he could be in customer service, didn't fit as well due to his discomfort with people.. No, medical care suited him much better given how attentive he was towards others. " I'm sure, if the boy listened, you two could make amends easily. I can imagine you as a Physician, after a fashion. You carry yourself with a bit more caution than most medical personal I've met but the nurturing personality is a dead give-away. Do you specialize in Human care or Multi-species?" Given that, from his unique physical coloration, the man didn't quite seem human himself she felt it was a safe question to ask; Cricket had to learn the hard way to ask that question growing up due to how many medical centers turned her away for being.. unusual. It was a comforting thought that at least in this new town she wasn't the only odd duck in the area and the mortals here seemed quite relaxed with sharing their space so casually. The residents of her hometown had been predominantly human and.. well, rather reserved ones at that when it came to the supernatural community..

Pushing these pointless memories to the back of her mind the woman cast a side-long glance at her companion, her expression one of mirth as a low 'hmm' vibrated softly along her throat. " .. My work?" Crossing her left arm over her ribcage she gently cradled her opposing elbow; Cricket unable to hide the thoughtful smile that teased her lips as she lightly grasped her chin with her right hand, her index finger tapping her cheek in a steady rhythm as she pondered how to explain the niche she'd made for herself. " I was a Private Investigator for about two decades, give or take a few years while I was learning the job. It was pretty much just a good way to help people despite being unable to be around them safely; I've always been good at finding things.. answers, items, pets, and people." It had been nerve wracking, learning the trade and dealing with the worst in people both from those seeking her help that ultimately didn't want to accept the truth and from those trying to punish her for doing what she was paid to do. And yet, now that she'd taken a step back from it all, Cricket couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia from the chaotic memories. " It is more of a hobby now, when I moved I decided to find something more.. socially inclined.. to help adjust to the area and conquer this anxiety of mine. Considering how easily you saw me earlier I'd say you would be very good at it too, if you ever wanted to try your hand at sleuthing." A soft chuckle escaped her and Cricket slid her right hand into the space between them, clearly feeling a bit more relaxed as she introduced herself formally. " My name is Cricket Rosenthal, by the way. Nice to meet you Dr..?"

[ O.o.C] ( It may be best for them to stick around this area for now, given she is a bit lost/unfamiliar with the area. )
xoReina

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:25 am
x
x
x
x
{ ④ םαч тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, םєcємвєя ②④тн

םαч ① σғ ② υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④④②
( ① чєαя, ② мσитнs, ⑱ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:38 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          XX.. 𝕵 𝖔 𝖍 𝖓XX𝕮 𝖆 𝖘 𝖙 𝖑 𝖊 ..XX
                                                          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

| THEMESONG 1 | OUTFIT | THEMESONG 2 |

♝ ♞ ♟♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟ XXXXXXXXXX
                                                          XXXXXXXXXX♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙ ♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟♔ ♕ ♖

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Isn't it scary? Time moves so swiftly. There's no wonder why people live their lives to the fullest, especially they are fully aware that they will die someday. Although some people accept death, some also cower. Some are desperate to escape death and will do anything to obtain immortality. --- You? Will you embrace death? Or will you run away from it?" [End of the video]

John watched a video from one of the cults he fought years ago. He is inside his office. Sitting.. Thinking.. Like he always does whenever he plans to make a move in the game of thrones that he is involved in.
                                                          He bit his lower lip as he stared at the ceiling. And finally pops out a stick of cigar to find a little relief. "Tsk~" goes his lighter, sipping that sweet aroma and pausing before releasing the smoke through a tiny gap of his lips.

"Knock-Knock-Kock" The door opened slowly. "Master?" a female voice lingered through the room but John continued to stare at the ceiling while laying his back on a relaxed position on his luxurious office seat. He didn't say a word, thus making this individual enter the room. "Mister King, is everything alright? I know it's not my business but you seem to be--- uhm.. not in the mood. Is there something I can do for you?" she offered.

John was silent. It took him about ten (10) solid seconds before he sat up and set his gaze on one of his loyal followers. "I am fine. Thanks for asking, Emilia." He answered in a calm tone before getting off his seat to grab his checkered sleaves on. "Shall I fetch Dausha for you, master?" Emilia asked. "No need." He simply answered while he is buttoning his outer shirt.

"It's almost Christmas. You should enjoy yourself with the rest. And please.. tell that to Dausha when you see her." The maid tucked her lips and bowed, acknowledging John's orders.

Later on, John went downstairs and through the rooms as the rest of the members of the Blacklist played games, drink, dance, and even exchanged gifts already. The kingpin can't help but smirk as he was happy to see that his followers were having a good time despite the mess they had to handle a couple of weeks ago.

"Boss!! Hey! Uh-- shucks. I don't know what to say uh--." said Vince, one of his loyal followers, assigned to manage their lesser members of The Blacklist.
                                                          John just chuckled seeing how drunk Vince have become. Should he be drunk tho? Sounds not safe. But regardless, John was glad to see them loosen up a bit. Vince was saying inaudible words and he also can't get a grip of his balance. His body was swaying side to side until Dausha came to help Vince out.

"Dausha..." mentioned John. "Yes, mister King?" she replied.
                                                          "I'll be going out for tonight. I also need to-- loosen up. And maybe grab some fresh air." ... "Alright. I will accom--" ... "No. I will be going out alone. Have a good evening, Dausha." said John. Dausha's eyes fluttered twice and muttered, "But--" in a whisper tone. John would then continue to stroll along in the mansion and proceed to the garage to pick for a vehicle for the evening. His ocean eyes panned across the room to select a car. However, his eyes stopped when he saw one of his big bikes displayed at the corner. He moved closer to it with a nonchalant expression and sighed slightly.

[Skip to the scene]

John bought a pair of hot coffee to go from the nearest coffee shop. Even tho he was the only one who will drink them. It didn't bother him to take an extra one for the night. He wanted to sit somewhere quiet and sip some coffee under cold weather. He was about to go back to his motorcycle but he paused by the facade and gazed upon the face of Essence de Soleil.

He doesn't visit this place much often, maybe this is why he never gets used to such a grandeur approach of massive buildings like this one. "Wow.." He uttered quietly as if those words escaped from his lips and carried in the cold wind.

User Image

WHERE:
                                                          Then: His house --- Now: At the facade of Essence de Soleil
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          WITH:
                                                          No one yet..
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          STATUS/THOUGHTS:
                                                          "I guess I'll be fine this evening.''

ooc: "Back in the game again!"

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:07 am
l SHEM l

User Image
[̲̲̅̅F][̲̅r][̲̅e][̲̅y][̲̅̅a] ✬ [̲̅A][̲̅s][̲̅t][̲̅o][̲̅t][̲̲̅̅l][̲̅e̲] ✬ x

You can't quit until you try
You can't live until you die
You can't learn to tell the truth
Until you learn to lie.

█████████ ✬ ✭ ✮ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Christmas. A holiday Freya was familiar with, but never tended to pay too much attention to it. It was a time for family, and she had none at this point. Or at least those she had left were in hiding and not anywhere that she could easily contact. Sighing heavily to herself, she had spent most of her time sitting in the dark of her home, the stagnant air finally becoming too much for her to handle. Getting dressed in loose pants and a long sleeve shirt, she squirmed at the feeling of so much clothing touching her skin. Though there wasn't really a way for her to not look crazy while walking around outside in what the locals thought was cold and remain totally comfortable. Tying back her long white hair, she slipped some shoes on and grabbed her bag before heading out.
The walk was quiet, and she passed so many people who seemed to be out enjoying themselves. Whether it just be gathering with loved ones or drinking themselves silly, it seemed everyone was out to enjoy themselves before the big day. Stuffing her hands into her pockets, and blew an exasperated breath out from between her lips and continued on her way, letting her feet take her wherever they wanted.
After walking for some time, Freya looked up at the opposing building before her. Some how she had managed to get herself to Essence de Soleil, someplace she had never been before. Shrugging nonchalantly to herself, she figured she could go in and check out what it had to offer. Likelihood is there wouldn't be that many people around anyway. Though the thought was quickly destroyed as her ears perked at the sound of someone close by. The voice was vaguely familiar. Arching a brow in question, she turned her head and in her surprise of who stood some distance away from her, she made a small squeaking noise.
"Well look who it is." She smiled to herself as she made a slow approach to her old friend, if they could call themselves that. They had spoken a few times, but she couldn't imagine them being overly close. Freya couldn't help but wonder why John was out here. Didn't he have people to celebrate with him?
"Well there is a familiar face." She called out as she raised a hand in greeting, her long sharp nails obvious on her delicate hands. Her tail flicked anxiously as she gave a small smile, stopping a few feet away from him.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ✬ ✭ ✮ █████████

You can't breathe until you choke
You gotta laugh when you're the joke
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.

[❖: Mood][Neutral][☀:Location][Essence de Soleil] [☂:I'm with][Herself] [✖:O.O.C.][..][✭Money:][500]

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:59 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

The weather is quite chilling, yet the company made it a bit warmer. The Russian mobster didn't expect to meet someone familiar. He turned his head towards the other, and greeted her while a smile slowly traced his face. "Freya? Ah-- I didn't expect to see you here, dear." ...

"Where are you heading?" John added as he moved his head slightly, looking left to right, and is caught off-guard yet again by Freya's presence. "I admire that you keep surprising me. You are a born huntress, indeed." He remarked before giving a close-eyed smile paired with a small chuckle. "Christmas is approaching. Are you going for a last-minute gift shopping?"

"I just-- um.. I went out for-- um.. . to buy these." John looked at his coffee carrier, lifting it slightly and trying not to show or tell the reason why he was out here all alone in the night before Christmas. "Uhm.. Would you mind having some coffee with me, dear?" If she accepts, he would sit with her on a bench nearby.
                                                          There was a small pinch of awkwardness that John felt deep inside his gut while he is talking to someone out in the open with no bodyguards. However, since Freya is familiar, he didn't mind. This is why he wants to get used to living normally. No bodyguards, whatsoever. Nonetheless, a person with such status shouldn't be out here alone.

User Image

WHERE:
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          WITH:
                                                          - Freya
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          STATUS/THOUGHTS:

ooc: "Back in the game again!"

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:12 am
l SHEM l

User Image

Until you learn to lie.

Smiling easily now as John acknowledged her, she splayed her hands out before her as he mentioned not expecting to see her, and where she was heading. "No where in particular I guess. I just kind of let me feet take me where ever they wanted." She laughed nervously at the lame explanation she gave, but at least it was the truth. His comment about her being a natural born huntress made her laugh gently though, considering that fact that she wasn't entirely human, and a lot cat, had a lot to do with that. Tapping her nose, she smiled, hardly needing to remind him of these facts since they were openly visible.
"Uhm, no...I don't...I... Stammering a bit and blushing lightly, she couldn't bring herself to explain that she was out of her house because she couldn't stand the thought of sitting in her empty home any longer. She had few real friends and no family, so there wasn't much to celebrate during this holiday. With John's own stammered explanation as to why he was out had her giving him a knowing, small, smile. "I'd love to have some coffee with you." Smiling again, her face was starting to hurt. Weird, it had been a while since she had openly smiled this much. Stepping forward, she boldly looped her arm through his free one and directed him towards a bench so they could sit and talk. "Let me know if you get cold at any point. I'm mostly covered in fur, so I don't normally feel it. I'd hate to have you sitting out here freezing while you keep me company." Her tail flicked back and forth as she pulled him along, her ears standing up in attention and listening for the little details around them.

[❖: Mood][Neutral][☀:Location][Essence de Soleil] [☂:I'm with][John] [✖:O.O.C.][..][✭Money:][500]

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:31 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

John smirked with a loving glance at Freya. The Russian mobster loves how he accumulates along with her so well. He hummed a chuckle as he felt her clinging to him while fetching themselves a seat.

.. "Me? ..Freezing?" He gave a closed-eyed smile and chuckled before he handed out Freya's coffee.
                                                          .. "V'well, I do have my coat. And... a lovely lady that accompanies me." He gave another smile as he pivoted his eyes towards her while moving his head a little bit in her direction.

.. "Cheers, my dear." He lifted his coffee in a gesture to drink with him. As if it was some glass of wine. John's habit is all. "Has anyone told you that you're such a delight?" Surprisingly, John kept his smile as he chatted with Freya, sipping his coffee until its drained halfway of the cup. He reaches his arm, resting it over her shoulder, pulling her to his side. He has the comfort as if he has known her for a very long time.

"Hmm. Ever since we met, I haven't asked you some personal questions. Tell me, dear. What brings you to Soleil City? --- Where is your family, if I may ask." His tone was serious this time, yet curious. And he glanced over her to see her reaction.

[And after Freya's response (either if she replies or not), John shares his part from the same question.]

... "My family is... complicated. My father has his own family now. My mom only has a new love affair but never plans to re-marry. --- I came to Soleil.. to.. . --look for love. And.. . change." He opens his thoughts and feelings about this idea of Christmas. Isn't the holiday meant for families? Thus, John's family was never united, as long as he remembers. He may have his followers. But deep down, he still longs for his family to link again.

Afterward, John would look into Freya's eyes, observing how will she react as their lips were about a foot away from each other. Though, of course, he doesn't want to make a move (yet). ----

User Image

WHERE:
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          WITH:
                                                          - Freya
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          STATUS/THOUGHTS:

ooc: "REEEEEEEE"

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:27 am
l SHEM l

User Image

Until you learn to lie.

Freya couldn't help but look at him in an incredulous manner as he seemed to brush off her worry of him getting too cold while sitting out there. He was a normal man, no extra anything running through his veins, of course he could get too cold! Taking the offered coffee, she took a quick sip from it, letting her light blue eyes look about the area, the air cool and comforting, she just wished it was touching more of her skin. "A coat will only do so much, and it's not like I can share my body heat with you." She muttered into the top of her coffee, her ears laying back flat, the tip of her tail flicking slowly. Though when the words finally registered in her mind, she glanced up at him and tried to fight the blush that creeped into her cheeks.
"Vashe zdorov'ye."(Ваше здоровье)(Cheers) She spoke back in their common tongue as she took a drink with him. The next words from his mouth though nearly made her spit the hot coffee out as she patted her chest gently and cleared her throat. "Mne zhal'. Kakiye?"(Мне жаль. Какие?)(I'm sorry. What?) In her surprise, she continued to speak in Russian, completely taken off guard by what he said. Looking at him with wide eyes, he seemed so natural throwing something like that out to her. Maybe she was the weird one. Settling back into her spot on the bench, she felt her heart thud heavily in her chest as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. Was this what normal friends did? She didn't think so, but it had also been quite some time since she'd had an actual friend. Drinking her own coffee, she tried to remain casual, but her body jittered from the close contact, and she silently hoped he couldn't hear her heart thudding away in her chest.
Freya's ears perked as she listened to him speak next, wondering about why she came here, and where her family was. Shrinking down into herself and pulling her knees up to her chest, she chewed her bottom lip in thought. Should she tell him? She hadn't known him that long, but she didn't think he'd hurt her. Would he? Giving her head a small shake, she decided she would tell him. "I guess in a way you could say I'm hiding. I was forced to flee my home in Russia with a few siblings that could get out before the hunters trapped and killed us for our furs. We took refuge in China with a larger outpost." She paused and swirled her coffee before looking up at him for a moment, then looking down. "Snow leopards fetch a nice price if you know what I mean..." Her voice was bitter and her free arm tightened around her knees, pulling them closer to her chest. She didn't want to look at him now, afraid of what she'd see on his face.
But when he returned the information about his own family, she turned her eyes up to him and gave him a sad smile. So he didn't have much of a family either. But he came here for love? Arching a brow at him, she wondered about it and his quest for love, but she kept the question tucked away, knowing it was none of her business. Her eyes searched his face for a sign of some sort of answer as to who he is, really deeply, but of course it wasn't right there on the surface. He was watching her also, and she noticed how close they actually were. Clearing her throat, she looked away now, again fighting the blush that creeped onto her cheeks. There was something about this man that just made her heart stutter and her cheeks heat up. What the hell was wrong with her?

[❖: Mood][Neutral][☀:Location][Essence de Soleil] [☂:I'm with][John] [✖:O.O.C.][..][✭Money:][500]

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

His gaze was steadfast. His expression was blank and cold as the winter air. But his eyes, one can tell a soul if you gaze upon them.

John was quiet even after Freya broke her gaze and looked away. Was it too risky? Her answer made this ocean-eyed Russian's heart flinch. He knows how she feels. Truly.

He kept his gaze, and his eyes traced the strands of her silvery hair. He didn't say a word. However, he sighed, a slow and subtle exhale, and the warmth of his breath embraced the cold air, creating this smoke effect, dispersing into the winter atmosphere. And he kept Freya in his arm, close to him before uttering. "My dear, the world is cruel." He then looked at the sky as he continued. "I'm sorry to hear such dire news about you and your kin." His tone was sorry. Yet, there was a pinch of anger behind it.

John wanted to spill something out. Perhaps he wanted to tell her that he knew some people who hunt rare species for sport. He wants to help her, but he doesn't want to deepen that wound in her heart either. Your family? Being chased and hunted just for money or even something worse to even mention. That thought ticked John.

Whenever something is on his way, or even dare to challenge him. His soul, the personality of a lion carved in stone. There's no wonder why he manages the black market without giving a damn to whoever challenges him.

After looking at the sky, he lowered his gaze and would then turn his head to Freya and say, "Since both of us doesn't have a.. handful of a family to celebrate with, we could spend this night together." He would then give a smile. Что скажешь?(Chto skazhesh'?)["What say you?"]

John would then chuckle and say, "Wait, let me start over." He slowly removes his arm and would angle his body towards Freya, sitting side-ways facing her.

"A-ehm.." He clearing his throat, "--- Freya? .. Would like you like to have a date with me? --Spend this night with me." He said with a charming and confident, yet a tad energetic smile.

... "Let's have fun. Watch a movie in the cinemas. Fetch some drinks at a bar. Get wasted. Whatever you prefer, dear.
                                                          --- Come on! Let's spend some money tonight!"
                                                          Followed by a chuckle and a handsome wink.~

User Image

WHERE:
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          WITH:
                                                          - Freya
                                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                          STATUS/THOUGHTS:

ooc: "REEEEEEEE"

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

_

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out