Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
Bookworm's Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:31 pm
x
x
x
x
тнυяsםαч, иσvємвєя ②⑨тн

םαч ⑪ σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④①⑦
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ②① םαчs )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dalia Thail

...Is it too much to ask for a little peace and quiet??....

╔══════════════╗
N i c h o l a i ๑۩۞۩๑ D i m i t r i
╚══════════════╝

It's been some time, and work has been picking up, but today was his first day off. Nicholai felt that it was time to escape his home, and get some fresh air, maybe even some new materials. His original plan was to go to the Moonbucks Caffe, but this seemed more appropriate. Why go somewhere with less people, when you can go somewhere more packed, and socialize? Then again, Nicholai was a rather social awkward bean, but he's been getting better. Upon entering in the store, From the outside bustle, now being drowned inside with small quieten chatters, a few giggles here and there, but most importantly, books. Today, he was on the search for a particular book one of his clients recommended; Valiant by Holly Black. According to his client, it's a book about a young woman, who faces off the fae court, and falls in loves with a troll? Or something like that? It sounded fascinating, and he is a sucker for romantics.
Walking down some of the isles, Nicholai worded some of the names of the titles, even genre, trying to find where he needed to go in order to find this book. "Tch." He clicked his tongue. "There it is." He spoke to himself wistfully, spotting the very book he was looking for at the top shelf.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:18 pm
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

𝓢𝓪𝓼𝒽𝓪 𝓚𝒾𝓃𝑔
~ Call me King ~

The smell of fresh paper... Holding her newly bought art book, as her previous sketch book had ran out of space for her doodles, King flashed a grateful smile to the sales clerk that had rung her up and lightly pranced a few steps back to let the next customer have their turn to pay as she felt the excitement of weighing what to draw first. Her friend and mentor, a tattoo artist in his own right, had once told her that the first sketch in a art book would set the tone of the book itself and though she had to admit it was a silly superstition the girl didn't dislike the tradition. Lost in her thoughts she blinked rapidly when the next customer pushed past her to leave, jostling the female and seeming oblivious to his actions as he power walked out the door. Crinkling her nose after him, as that was all she could really do at the moment, the girl let out a reproachful sign and reminded herself that he could be quite busy with important things... Allowing herself to forgive and forget the rude push as she turned her attention back to the bookstore itself. The soft noise of this store was always soothing and on such a cloudy day she hadn't been too worried about getting close to such flammable merchandise, ever mindful of her inner magic even as the girl tucked her purchase into the wide messenger bag that served as her purse and portable art kit. Adjusting the leather strap more comfortably on her right shoulder so that the bag itself rested against the back of her left hip King had intended to go about her day, her mind turning to the kelpie ink experiment she had processing at home, when a subtle voice seemed to slip through the curtain of background noise and instead led her back into the shelves of the bookstore's depths.

Masculine and thoughtful in tone it wasn't a particularly ' familiar' sound and yet something in the broken murmurs pricked at her curiosity; King honestly a bit surprised as she rounded a corner and found herself facing a man that had a full foot height's difference on her. Striking, though clearly distracted.. Her warm cinnamon gaze traced his brooding features then followed his stare upwards, impish delight warming her expression as she realized his trouble. Tall or not, I guess everyone has this problem once in a while.. I should help~ Weighing which book he wanted, as it was hard to tell exactly which of the two he seemed to be staring at, the girl reached up and gently stroked his shoulder to get his attention as she warned the man lightly. " You might back up a bit, I think I can reach that for you." Though to say 'reach'... she was glossing over the steps she'd have to take to get it but King didn't let that daunt her in the least. She'd scaled buildings way tougher than this, back in the day.. Taking care not to bump the stranger she'd decided to help King reached up and got a good grasp on the shelf, testing the stability before inching her way up the structure with surprisingly nimble motions. It was a quick trip, the girl's seeking fingers grasping the spine of the book she'd thought he wanted, and feeling particularly playful she released her hold on the shelf to land spryly on her feet where she had originally started. Unwittingly, in her little show-off moment, her hand had clipped the actual book he was after as she fell and.. though it took the tome a moment to totter free of its shelf, the girl barely had a barely managed to lift her hand and offer him the wrong book before the correct one was landing squarely on the top of her head. It wasn't a hard hit, between the curls of her hair and her own particular fondness for pain the book's impact was more of a pleasant tap than anything, yet for one awkward heartbeat she didn't quite know what to make of the situation. It was less skill and more impulse that had her catching his book before it made it entirely to the floor, King's posture wavering for a moment as she balanced on one foot and processed that she'd just been brained by a tome while trying to show off. One would think this would be embarrassing.. Certainly, at least a few people had stopped to gwaf in laughter at her expense.. But after that brief moment of shock the girl embraced both of her retrieved books to her chest and stood upright to face Nicholai; The redhead somehow entirely at ease with making a fool of herself as she shared her self-directed amusement with the stranger. " ... Not as smooth as I would have liked but I did get them, fair and square." The tangle of her locks shifted in a wave as she tilted her head and stepped closer to the man, extending her cradled books towards him in offering as she asked with just a hint of laughter in her tone." You.. did want one of these two, right? I can climb up again if I missed the right Title but I might have to ask you for a boost this time. They might kick me out of I keep climbing on the shelves." This store was very firm on the 'self help' rule and despite her reckless behavior King really had only meant to lend a hand to a fellow Bookworm, she adored the place too much to risk upsetting the staff and losing access to her primary sketchbook shop. Nate would likely scold her for climbing on public furniture too, but that was only if he found out so.. Hehe~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:15 am

Dalia Thail

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

The old man had shifted his weight onto his better leg, and was planning on using his cane to get the book he desired. However, before he even had the chance to make that action, he felt a light brush against his shoulder, which honestly startled him a bit. Not enough to jump, or scream, but enough to get his attention. Seeing a redhead with a small frame being the one behind the courteous touch, to let him know of her plan, he simple took a step back, and patiently waited. Although, he did find it a bit humours that someone smaller than him would go to such heights on his behalf for a book. Even without asking the title first, he allowed a small smirk to creep on his lips, his cane planted firmly in front of him with both hands to the head, to help him stay still as he watched her climb nimbly to the top. And even after the land, the book he sought out for was about to drop on her head. "Ah-" He started, about to try and catch the book, but to slow in that regard, and watched it land on the girls head. He lowered his right hand that he meant to use to catch the book, and planted it back to his cane. He moved only his eyes to watch the others laugh at the scene.

If she hadn't taken the scene as light hearted as she had, he might have reacted a bit more sternly to the people being rude enough to laugh. No ones pain should be used as humour. But, perhaps that's his old way of thinking. He moved his eyes back to the young girl, and gave off a soft smile. He extended his right hand again, lightly brushing the tips of his fingers against her own, as he grabbed both books. Even if the other one wasn't what he wanted, she went through the trouble anyway for him, and that was enough. "You're to kind." He spoke with a light chuckle. Nicholai tucked the books safely under his left arm. "Thank you." He added. "That was quite the land...and hit you took...Are you alright?" His tone of voice was deep and soothing. He wanted to make sure that there wasn't any serious injury. He'd feel bad if she got hurt on his behalf. His eyes wondered back to the shelves and saw light footprints that could easily be missed if no one was really looking, but just in case, Nicholai reached out with his right hand once more, and dusted off any evidence. Once the shelves looked clean, he placed his index finger to his own lips. "You're secret is safe with me." He winked with a light chuckle.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:26 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

𝓢𝓪𝓼𝒽𝓪 𝓚𝒾𝓃𝑔
~ Call me King ~

It was a surprise when the man accepted both books and, oddly touched that he'd taken both rather than just the one, King blinked at the small friction of their fingers while the stranger thanked her. Skinship was fairly normal for her and yet.. hmm. Flexing her fingers briefly, deciding to ponder the odd tingling sensation the contact had left in them for later, the girl clasped her hands together behind her hips absently and offered a genuine smile in return to him. " You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the story... well, stories." Tucked away as they were in his hold she actually couldn't tell what extra book she'd unintentionally picked for him, nor had she really stopped to read the Title beyond eyeing the spine's design when fetching the first one.. But with luck it would be something interesting. As before her attention shifted upwards from the books to again study the stranger's features, finding that the smile that now eased his lips also gentled the brooding expression from his eyes into a rather charming sight. Handsome was a fitting term, though again she could hear her friend's voice scolding her in the back of her mind for even considering saying such a thing to strangers. Lost in these musings she honestly didn't register his question at first and, catching herself, King shook her head firmly both to ground herself in reality and to somewhat answer his query. " I jump from taller heights than that often, Parkour is a hobby. I also like pain so the book isn't a big deal, please don't worry." As odd as the sentence was it never even remotely occurred to King to lie about any of it, aware of her own quirks and owning them without a shred of discomfort.

Watching Nicholai quite literally cover her tracks, in the way of brushing her shoe prints off of the shelves, King had to bite her lip to keep from laughing as he more or less playfully agreed to be her accomplice. It was refreshing to find someone with a sense of humor and once again, there was a sense of charm there that lured her into the banter before she could help herself. " Oh? I was ready to bribe you with a drink for your silence, you shouldn't help criminals so freely.~" Light-hearted or not the comment made it clear she'd at least considered the possibility of asking him to get a drink with her though, already aware her chances were slim, she let the idle flirtation pass with a vaguely wistful sigh. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right? Was it a habit to flirt with strangers? No, not at all. But true to her nature King didn't hide her thoughts very well either and that boldness was often uncomfortable to others. Likely, the man would laugh it off and forget.. and that was fine. Mentally shrugging off this worry, as stewing about it wouldn't do her any good, the woman lifted her hands to adjust her purse-strap out of habit as her gaze shifted downwards from his face to linger on his cane and a pale excited blush crept across her features as she realized the item was crafted to resemble a serpent. " A... Cobra, right? I don't think I've seen one in the wild here but your Cane Handle it is very cute." To be honest she'd given up on seeing reptiles out and about considering how cold the weather was so even just finding such a random imitation of them made her happy. Realizing, far too late, that she'd gotten passionate about the topic King allowed a small laugh to escape her lips as she lifted her left hand and pushed it through her hair in a self-soothing gesture.. her gaze sliding off to the side to avoid direct eye contact with the man as she weighed how to explain her enthusiasm without.. well.. being entirely strange to him. It wasn't that she was shy about her interests, far from it, but.. she also knew that her lack of filter often made people uneasy near her.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 pm

Dalia Thail

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

His kind smile remained, hearing that she actually made a hobby from jumping from heights, and this being mild in comparison, made him wonder what has she accomplished, but more so relieved to know that she wasn't injured in the slightest. "Pfft!" He raised his right hand to lightly cover his mouth before loudly chuckling. Was that her way of flirting? The chuckle was short lived, but now his smile a bit wider. "Oh, Please forgive me. It's just been some time since I laughed at something so cute. I mean no harm by it. I promise." He calmed down a bit, back to his small smile. "But, yes, I think I would love to spend an evening with you." He agreed to her terms. "Criminal." He teased.

This was refreshing. To find someone with an adorable sense of humor. Thinking back, he recalled another young girl, much younger than this woman here, from the caffe, and how that interaction went down. Perhaps in a way, he was cold, without realising or being considerate of the girls feelings back then. But, it did open his eyes to be more aware, and mindful of others. So, perhaps this will be a test? With a pause settling in, his expression relaxed, and he began to examine her expression. Watching how it changed, as if something was on her mind, bothering her? When she noticed his cane, his left hand slightly flinched on the handle, and eyes a bit more narrow. The topic on his injury was one he refused to talk about...But what caught him off guard was that tinge of light blushing, and her fascination with the fact it was a snake head. Something inside him clicked, what was this sensation? Almost animalistic, just seeing her expressions made him start to think; I wonder what other expressions she's hiding. He let out a soft sigh to dismiss these thoughts as quickly as he could. He had a second thought to keep his composure, the fear of allowing this primal thought to continue was rather....unnerving. But, back to the cane! It was originally in likeness to himself, with having a body of the lower half of a snakes tail, split tongue, scales.......A form that terrifies most people, hence why he hides in this human disguise. He nervously chuckled, taking his right hand, and combing his fingers through his hair, pushing it back, smiling softly once more. "Aha- Yes, well... I always assumed it was intimidating." Nicholai started. "It's refreshing to find someone who's just as passionate with reptiles, as much as I am." He averted his gaze to look at his own cane. His eyes softened. "King Cobras are rather fascinating.....Did you know that they aren't as aggressive as social media dictates them to be?" He moved his eyes to meet with hers, before turning his head back to her attention. "In fact, It usually avoids humans and slinks off when disturbed, but they're known to aggressively defend incubating eggs, and attack intruders rapidly..." Nicholai continued. "And did you know that unlike most snakes who have a higher pitched hiss, they are one of few who growl?" He chuckled a bit. "While the hisses of most snakes are of a broad-frequency span ranging from roughly 3,000 to 13,000 H.Z with a dominant frequency nearing 7,500 H.Z, a king cobras growl consist solely of frequencies below 2,500 H.Z, with a dominant frequency nearing 600 H.Z, a much lower-sounding frequency closer to that of a human voice!" His excitement got the better of him, and he averted his gaze, clearing his throat. "Ah-ha....um....Sorry about that. I got a little ahead of myself there."

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:56 pm
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

𝓢𝓪𝓼𝒽𝓪 𝓚𝒾𝓃𝑔
~ Call me King ~

At first she'd sincerely thought he was laughing at her invitation, the girl internally wincing even as she took a small pleasure in the fact that she'd gotten him to laugh.. but when he explained himself and even agreed to humor her King had a rare moment of sincerely becoming speechless. Cute, was it... That shouldn't make her quite so happy and yet the deepening blush that tinted her cheeks expressed the sentiment rather openly. Offering a impish lift of her chin in mock-arrogance the girl let humor gloss over her surprise, chirping back to his little pet name with with a sassy drawl. " Then consider it a partnership, Accomplice.~" Many people had called her 'Criminal' in her life and yet, from him, it actually managed to sound like a praise. Why that was so funny to her, she had no idea.. The poor man might run screaming if he knew half the ways she'd earned that title.

" I don't think so, no. It seems regal and adorable to me, I'm sorry if that is rude." Noting his hesitation at talking about the cane the girl considered that she may have overstepped; That thought evaporated as he finally started to share his thoughts on the item and even on reptiles in general. What was more, his body language had shifted from nervous to energetic as if sincerely fond of the topic and King once again had to bite her lip to hide the creeping smile that tried to form. He still seemed a bit awkward sharing his knowledge and though his voice flowed soothingly in the hushed environment King forgot their surroundings entirely as she absorbed the information he offered. The extent of her knowledge of reptiles had been in safe foods to share with them and the basics of their living habits, she had no idea they could vocalize in such a wide range let alone that Cobras had a familial drive to protect their young. Someone had told her that most reptiles ignored their young and the thought had always troubled her.. Seeming to catch himself in his enthusiasm the man stammered out an apology and for a moment appeared very sheepish; It was King's turn to laugh as she extended her left hand towards him in a offer to shake his. " Don't be, I didn't know any of that and it is amazing. I spend a fair bit of time with reptiles and I think I'd like to know more about them to make sure I'm taking proper care of them on our visits, if you're willing to teach me any tips that come to mind? I'm Sasha King, by the way. Most people just call me King." Had she really thought him brooding at first glance earlier? The brown hues of her stare traced over his features yet again and honestly she couldn't see that slightly chilled aspect now. He had been kind, even playful with her, and he clearly cared about the creatures that were so dear to her... So no, she couldn't see him quite as intimidating as he'd first seemed. It hadn't escaped her notice that he'd tensed a bit when the cane topic came up and, though she had a habit of voicing every thought that came to her, this particular topic remained in the back of her mind safely as she opted to give him space on the matter of 'why' he had a cane to start with. Body language had told her more than enough.. and she didn't want to sour their fun by digging into old wounds either literally or figuratively. So she let it go, turning her mind towards what drink she was going to 'bribe' him with. " As for drinks, what would you like? I'm afraid I don't drink alcohol much but Coffee or Tea are fair game."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Dalia Thail

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Nicholai scratched the back of his head, hearing that she didn't mind his fun facts about cobras. Truth be told, if every you needed information on the subject of retiles, he would be your go-to-guy. Obviously he excels at information on snakes, for obvious reasons, but other reptiles as well. He noticed her left hand extended to him, and again seeing her blushing face awoke that primal thought. His eyes narrowed but in a way that might be a bit suggestive. His posture fixed, he gently took her left hand into his own right, and bent forward only slightly, and gently placed a small kiss to her knuckles, before moving his gaze to meet her own. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms.King..." He straightened his posture, and removed his gentle hold of her hand. "I'm Nicholai Dimitr" He replied to her introduction.

He collected himself again, and that weird sensation lingered, but was fading away. How peculiar. Nicholai thought to himself. It did trouble him that of all this time, why was he acting in such away? Poor girl, he's probably coming off as some stoic creep, ugh, that would be the last thing he wanted! To scare off this newly found friend who shares the same passion for reptiles, when most people find them to disgusting. When she made the remark for what kind of beverage they should have, the idea for alcohol was out of the question. If this is how he was acting up while sober, he was afraid of what would happen if he allowed himself to get drunk. "Tea or coffee does sound much better to be honest." He chuckled softly. "I wouldn't want to sound to drab but....would Moonbucks cafe be alright?" He asked a bit nervously. Did that sound a bit to posh? Nicholai thought to himself. He wasn't sure if she would be okay with that choice. "Unless there's somewhere else you had in mind?" He decided to just ask in any case. He didn't want to take the lead if it was unwarranted.

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dalia Thail

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:02 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

𝓢𝓪𝓼𝒽𝓪 𝓚𝒾𝓃𝑔
~ Call me King ~

" Nice to meet you too, Mr. Dimitr." Good lord, one little peck on the back of the hand and you'd think she was some giddy teen.. But even as she laughed at herself for the way her heart skipped a beat on some level she was aware it was a bit concerning how easily this guy seemed to be able to keep her entirely focused on him. While she wasn't exactly an airhead even King knew she could get distracted easily.. But that didn't seem to be a problem near him. Somewhere further into the store's shelves someone coughed and King blinked rapidly, noticing she hadn't quite retracted her hand as quickly as she could have after he finished his formal greeting. It honestly felt like a bit of a shame to lose the contact but the back of her hand still kind of tingled, his lips had been surprisingly soft and again his fingers had felt soothingly cool-- Locking that thought down hard King took a deep, calming breath to steady her pulse as she reminded herself it was likely just his way of greeting people. Proper manners, and all that.. Folding her hands together in front of her the woman cast her gaze around their environment as she tried to gather her wits, absently gliding the thumb of her right hand over her left knuckles as she did so as she admitted her inner musings. " First time greeting someone that way, I'm not sure how to return the gesture.. but I dare say if I were the fainting sort I might have swooned." In romance novels the lady would bow, or simper, or... well, do about a thousand different actions just short of falling into the man's arms and riding unrealistically off into the sunset to gods-knew-where...Crinkling her nose in amusement at the idea of finding a white horse in this town, let alone convincing this man to hop on it and go gallivanting off with her, King sent her hair flying in a riot of red waves as she shook her head and took a few dancing steps backwards.. Inviting him to follow in her wake with a mischievous bow that had her bending a bit at her waist with her left hand at her midriff and her right arm splayed out artfully towards the check-out counter closer to the front of the shop. " Criminal or no, I can't let my Accomplice get into too much trouble. Lets go pay for your books before we wander too far, Nicholai."

Fainting jokes aside, he'd easily managed to fluster her enough with the courteous gesture that she felt her temperature rise just a bit. Excitement meant energy and energy meant warmth, which to most people made it quite uncomfortable to be near her. Especially in crowded places like this store.. which made his invitation to the Café a perfect solution. It was a bit chilly out and people cared less that she radiated heat constantly the more energetic she became.. it was why she liked this time of the year so much. " Moonbucks sounds lovely, I haven't been there yet. Do you go often?" Cautiously working her way past other patrons she kept her attention on her new friend as she led him to the line, the girl reaching up to play with the left-side longer locks of her hair as her mind circled what she'd noticed about the man while they spoke. He'd seemed... just a little self conscious making the suggestion of where to go? It was such a stark contradiction to the way he'd looked at her moments before and the woman found a small smile curving her lips at the realization he was just as off-kilter in this as she was. Where as she had trouble 'not' saying what came to mind and had to handle the chaos it caused he on the other hand weighed his words very carefully and second guessed himself just a little bit. It was.. kind of adorable, though she doubted he would appreciate her saying as much. Though, on the topic of 'adorable' things.. Stepping much closer to his side, both to avoid clustering the checkout area and to resist having to lift her voice to speak with him over the other patron's around them, King returned to a earlier topic while they waited for his turn at the Counter. " So do all Snakes protect their eggs, or are Cobras unique in that behavior? And, if they growl or hiss in general, does that mean they communicate with each other through sound or is that purely a ' I'm angry' noise for any threat?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am

Dalia Thail

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

"Please call me Nicholai." Hearing her formality did grant a light blush from his pale cheeks. She was someone who intrigued him. How many years has it even been? Since he last enjoyed himself with the company of another? 3? Maybe 15 years ago? Back when he was in the soviet, fighting for a cause in Russia, he recalled the friends he had made there. He also recalled his young personality back then, how arrogant, but also... He recalled the men he used for mainly his own appetite, for their body heat, and whenever Nicholai was in a rut, for pleasure as well. He remembered how dominating he use to be, and when someone was bigger than him, how much of a sub he quickly turned into. Why was this thought coming into his head? Nicholai rested his hand on top of his left on the hilt of the cane to bring himself back to reality, just in time to hear her remark about making the purchase of these books. Goodness, how odd it must have been to be seen standing idle like this, and with such captivating company. Nicholai lightly chuckled. "No, we wouldn't want that." He teased back. But something about her felt....warm? He cocked a brow, watching her take the lead, and followed her through the store. "I go on occasion, but sadly not often....I'm more or less a home body, and rarely do I come out during cold weather." Maybe that's it? Maybe his thoughts are becoming strange because his own body tempt is dropping? It would explain his slow reaction time, he's usually better at keeping up. When they made it to the line, he re adjusted the books in his left arm, taking extra care as to not crinkle the books, and kept them safe, and guarded. However, his calming demeanor changed when the female beside stood a bit closer than usual, and noticed the store becoming crowded with new customers. But, that's not what was concerning, it was this heat....this ever lovely smell of her's, that set something off within him.

Nicholai turned his attention to meet with her's just in time to watch her lean in as she did, and ask more about the previous subject on King Cobras. He lightly chuckled, and just as well leaned in closer to her ear, and spoke in a more hushed lower tone of voice so that only she could hear him. "Heh, I'd hate to think they are always angry." He lightly chuckled. "In fact, they're secretive and, actually, are ever seldom seen." He paused a moment to walk up with the line."They are much less aggressive than commonly thought, although one might not guess this when confronted by a King Cobra’s hooded threat display." Nicholai removed his eyes from her, to see a customer about to bump into her, and quickly reacted. He snaked his right hand around King's waist, and pulled her in closer to his frame, just in time to avoid the other stranger who was being loud, and exited the building. Once the customer left, he moved his attention back to King. Something about holding her like this, it made him feel like she was prey, coiled in his body, like a snake constricting to a cute little mouse before devouring it whole. He leaned closer to her ear. "And once facing an enemy, Cobras do not hesitate to bite...." He trailed off, and slowly removed himself from her, readjusting his frame, and letting out a low sigh to re-collect himself. "They can easily move forward while in the threat posture though." Nicholai continued normally. "Something Naja cobras seem to have difficulty doing." He smiled lightly, as if mocking his own species of a different tribe. Finally they reached to the front of the line, and Nicholai went ahead and paid for both books, now placed in a paper bag with handles, making it easier to carry them. He gestured for King to follow, as he made his way to the exit. "Shall we?" He offered, holding the door open for King.

[EXIT]

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:40 pm
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, נαиυαяч ②иם

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④⑤①
( ① чєαя, ② мσитнs, ②⑦ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:10 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Bookworm's | Company : Erik and Kro | Mood : Relaxed and grateful | OOC : --

His pep is in his step, and he is putting all of his energy into his humming as he bounces around the aisles to put away the books. Everyday that they spend in the city, he seems to regain more and more energy while regaining some of the dexterity that he lost with the curse. His body feels like his own for a change, and he finds that exciting. To the point where he is greeting every customer happily, and treating every menial task as something fun. Though maybe that isn't very different than his usual everyday. He's just happy to feel like he is finally getting his life back into order.

When he is finished putting out all of the new issues and sprucing up the displays, he nearly skips his way back over to the register so he can make sure that the register till is balanced with enough cash in it for potential purchases. A lot of people might use cards for the most part these days, but he has noticed that in the bookstore they use cash pretty often. So he always makes sure to have the register ready.

After that is complete, the man makes it his personal mission to walk around the store and help anyone find something, or making recommendations to people looking for something new to read. It is probably the easiest job he has ever worked, and lately has felt like the most relaxing. You know, when he isn't being scared to death by large birds and a mischievous person.

Quote:

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
☼ Cerise Shopping District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash