Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:35 pm
User Image

Should she be out?

The question danced across her mind, not for the first time since she decided to wander from her residence in the City. She hadn't left it in months, all too happy to be back in all the comforts of home after the nightmare of the cruise wreckage. Which made it all the more odd when she went to the closest beach, Nethaear.

She supposed it was to possibly make peace with the water. It wasn't the oceans fault - personifying a body of water was silly. Hopefully making peace with it, would ease her frightening memories of the ordeal. Her toes slipped into the sand as she walked, a playful breeze rolling past to tease her hair. The salty air was just as refreshing as it was reminding of her memories. At least they made it alive. Sometimes she found herself wondering what ever happened to that Angel boy she barely spoke to.

What was his name again? Her eyes flicked up at movement on the horizon. There was the usual rolling of the waves, but there was distinctly a figure gliding along it.

Suddenly the name sprung to mind, slipping off her lips in a whisper. "Aulii."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:20 pm
User Image

The swell was perfect today and Aulii was feeling free as his board glided across the surface of the water with ease and the wind flew through his air. There was no feeling in the world quite like this, and it was why his lifestyle was so laid-back. He bent down low to perfect his position on the wave and then rode it until the end. To Aulii, surfing was a beautiful love song.

Life had pretty much gone back to normal after returning from his island 'vacation'. There was no place quite like home, but the experience hadn't traumatized him.

Aulii was now sitting on his board, letting the gentle roll of the waves rock him as he yawned and stretched. Every once in a while, Aulii would give a little kick with his feet, and flap of his wings so that with every push and pull of the waves he was being brought closer to shore, rather than getting carried out. As he got closer he saw a bright pink silhouette on the sand. Aulii narrowed his eyes trying to get a better look, it seemed like they were looking his way. Was that...? No... Aulii moved into a paddling position and paddled the rest of the way to shore. "Hey... you." Aulii called out as he recognized Zana. The male got off his surfboard and carried it the rest of the way to shore.
Tartara Seabreeze

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:51 pm
It seemed the male felt himself being watched. As soon as she recalled his name, his head moved to stare straight back at her. Then quickly began paddling his way to shore. Instantly the demonic was at loss of what to do. She hadn't spoken to him since they parted ways when they reached the shores of Telrunya. Should she quickly walk away and avoid the confrontation altogether?

Admittedly that would be cruel to do to someone who helped save her life. "...Hi, Aulli." Zana spoke softly as she lifted a hand in a meek wave. "I'm glad to see you're doing okay." She truly was. No matter how awkward things had been on the island, no one could go through what they had and not acquire some sort of bond. Life or death situations had an odd way of doing that. "You were just...surfing...right? That's the right term?"

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 pm
Tartara Seabreeze

Aulii was looking at her, trying to remember her name. He knew that he knew it, but it felt like she had been so hesitant to give her name out in the beginning... "Yeah, you look good. Much better then when we were on that island... Zana." That's right, it came back to him naturally at the end of his thought.

The male gave a tiny smirk, "Yeah, surfing is right." Not everyone grew up on surfing like he had, so it made sense that she didn't know, but it still was strange to him that someone would be uncertain about his life passion. "You want to try?" He joked, he didn't think she would go for it at all. The surfboard boat that took them off the island was probably the last surf board she ever wanted to be on. It was a sad thought for him. "What are you doing here? Looking for me?" He gave a playful smile.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:15 pm
It wasn't precisely meant to be a compliment, but she blushed anyway when he responded that she looked good. What wonders a comfortable bed and wholesome food did for a pae's appearance. It was also nice that he remembered her name. She didn't much think she was particularly worth remembering.

"I wouldn't know where to begin." The demon spoke with a tiny smile at his jest. She was still quiet and gentle, but her body was at ease. Her pale eyes even daring to glance at his blue a few times. Her blush deepened at his playful insinuation. "Don't get your hopes up." Her smile broadened into a grin as she managed to joke right back. He was funny when their lives weren't in peril. Made sense of course. "Really I've been at home since...then. I figured it was time I came out. Only made sense to go back to the ocean first."

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:14 am
Tartara Seabreeze

Aulii was an excellent surfing instructor, so he knew exactly where she should begin, "Silly enough, you start out on the sand." Aulii noticed the difference in her disposition and wondered if she had always been like this, and had just been closed off on the island, or if the island had opened her up.

"Oh? Did you spend a lot of time at the ocean before the island?" Despite how much time they had spent together on the island, they really hadn't gotten to know each other that well. He still felt like he hardly knew her.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 am
Her face wrinkled slightly at Captain Obvious' remark. Very funny. If she knew him better she'd rightly poke him for it. "To be honest, no. My mom preferred the trees." She recalled telling him that her mom had gone missing. Should she tell him what she knew?

No. She barely wanted to admit it to herself, much less a pae she barely knew. Even though he did essentially save her life. "Do you...spend a lot of time here?" That was a silly question as she already knew the answer. The male made surfboards and was just seen riding one. "I mean, do you live around here?" At least that was a little better.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:34 am
Tartara Seabreeze

"Oh..." He had completely forgotten about the one slightly intimate detail she had shared with him at the island until she mentioned it now. It also made it really surprising that she was here today. "Almost all of it," Aulii laughed. "I have a hut further up the beach for when weather is bad... tide is high... y'know." Actually she probably didn't know... he narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. "Anyways... most of the time I just like to sleep under the stars with the sound of the waves. Nothing better." Aulii smiled looking away from Zana to stare at the familiar scene he called home. "All my life."  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:54 am
Always on the ocean...Back on the island he admitted to not being close with family. She knew what loneliness felt like, perhaps he felt it too? She lightly smiled in response to the males before looking at what he gazed at. "It is beautiful here." Different than her City home. It was nice there as she didn't have to look far for anything she needed, but at the cost of solitude. The City was home to many, many pae. "So...Aulii...maybe...you can say no...I was just wondering, but its okay if no..." The shy pae stumbled over her words as a new blush appeared on her face. It was nice to talk to another pae. Perhaps he felt the same? "Would you...want to spend the afternoon together?" The last bit came out almost in a squeak as her eyes flashed down to stare at the ground. She was lonely, and if he felt lonely, it made sense right? I sound ridiculous. No wonder I don't have friends.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am
Tartara Seabreeze

Aulii nodded his head appreciatively at her calling this place beautiful. He tilted his head curiously as she attempted to tell him something. Clearly he was able to give no as an answer, but he had kind of missed that the question was. Finally she managed to get it out, and the male grinned at that. Was this really the same Zana he had been on the island with? "Yeah, that would be chill." He attempted to give her a reassuring glance, she did go through a lot of trouble to ask him to hang out after all. Aulii planted the surfboard he had been holding into the sand, prepared to do something else with the girl. Although, honestly, he had no idea what she would want to do. "Do you want to go somewhere else? He asked her.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:38 am
Guardians were her palms suddenly sweaty! She braced herself for the no, after all who would want to hang out with her? But instead of a 'nah', she received a 'yeah'. The female looked up, her face an apple red. Maybe she was right after all that he'd like company. Of course came the next problem of what to do. She hadn't come down with a plan of meeting a pae, she only wanted to see the ocean. Didn't really think things through, did she? "Well...uh...What do you like to do? Besides surfing?" Honestly that was one of three facts she knew about the male. His name, lack of family involvement, and surfer. Was pretty much it.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm
Tartara Seabreeze

Aulii laughed, a slightly embarrassed laugh. There was not much he did beside surfing. Normally, he didn't even think about it, it was life for him. He was very passionate about one thing, passion was good. Zana asking the way she did made him feel kind of pathetic, it wasn't her fault, it just got him thinking. Was there more to life than surfing? "Uhm... maybe it'll be better if we just do something that you like." Aulii admitted, scratching his hair uncomfortably. He hated to admit how simple he was, so he did his best to avoid it.

He honestly didn't know very much about her either. "Why don't you tell me more about you?" Yes, take the spotlight off himself, all while showing interest in her. Perfect.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Well, he flipped her flop fairly quickly. As her plan to shrug the activity idea on him was bounced back to her, she gave an uncertain smile. Looks like she wasn't wiggling out of this one. "Me? I'm not very interesting..." Her blush was a permanent fixture with Aulii, wasn't it? "I like cooking and relaxing. I used to sing..." Back when her songs could heal. Then for some reason she woke up and her mellon was gone. As was her power. "So...would you want to cook something?" She never claimed to have a good idea for what to do, which was why she tried to pawn it off on the angel.

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:02 pm
"There's something we have in common," Aulii smiled at the one thing they both liked to do: relaxing. "You used to sing?" He asked curiously, raising his eyebrows at her. It was surprising, considering how quiet he perceived Zana to be, that she did something so... vocal. And yet, she didn't do it anymore? Why not? If she had ever sung on the island it certainly would have made the trip more entertaining.

"Hm... maybe pass on the cooking for now..." Aulii said thoughfully. "I want to hear you sing." His statement was bold, and he knew that he was putting her on the spot... but he also wanted to see how she responded.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:12 pm
It was surprising, how he narrowed in on her voice. Out of three activities, that was the one he settled on. She bit her lower lip at his statement, taken slight aback for how direct he was. She hadn't sung since Shadow. Since that day when she was dragged into the shadow world and fought for her life.

A dark time where she almost died and was replaced by a copy. It made their isolation on the island truly look like a vacation.

"I...I don't sing anymore." She spoke after a long pause, her blush fading away as her features softened. "It brings bad memories now."

Wolfs Heart
Oh yes, little Zana is much more interesting than one would previously think

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas