Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Arts and Crafts 101 (Dirge and Wally) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:35 pm
NAME OF CLASS: Arts and Crafts 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Zixil Braxton

General information:
The Arts and Crafts room is tucked away in the corner - one way in and out, which is just how the teacher likes it. The classroom looks normal enough from the outside, with its standard door and numberplate (with an added addendum by the teacher, his name and the class title added on a piece of Muck Tape). The inside, however, looks like someone found all of the weird, eclectic stuff within a five mile radius, ate it, and then vomited it all up. The teacher has either completely lost his mind, or is trying way, way too hard. The cabinets that line the walls are partially filled with beginner art supplies: slime-based paints, earwax crayons, and...glitter, a thing so evil that it can be known by no other name.

Mechanics:
Your Most Excellent Professor isn't going to fill your head with crazy ideas. That's all up to you!

Upon entering the class, roll 1d100 to determine your Muse Level (ML).

Muse Level 1-20

Woah, you can't make art with a Muse Level this low! Go stare longingly at your first crush, or listen to emotional music, or cry it out! We can't have you making anything that's worth less than 20 silver seeds beneath your actual capabilities.

Muse Level 21-50

Did you dip yourself in paint and roll your face over the canvas? That's not going to be acceptable. Nobody will want to buy this. Or look at it. Not even kind of.

Muse Level 51-80

Looks like you might have the right idea. Go ahead and give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that could happen is you ruin everything, but that's okay.

Muse Level 81-100

Got a real overachiever here! Creativity is oozing from your pores (seriously clean that stuff up please)!

If you roll 1-50, you will need to make another attempt. A roll of 51-100 allows you to proceed. The above information correlating to your ML gives you a good idea of how your student will be approaching this assignment.

If you succeeded in developing a passable Muse Level, you will then need to roll a 1d10 to determine to overall success of your drawing/painting/sculpture etc. Feel free to pick whatever medium you'd like!

1-3 You really poured yourself into this one, but the Professor isn't quite feeling it. Take it home and pin it on your wall, because that's all you're getting. (Fail. You'll have to make another attempt!)
4-9 You paid careful attention to details, color schemes, and - most importantly - marketability. Professor Braxton smashes a sickly note to your body with a sloppy "A" written on it, because ruining the art would be a travesty. As far as you can tell, you've done a good thing. (Pass!)
10 You are a prodigy! This thing belongs in a museum! Or the home of the highest bidder! Your artwork will be displayed in front of the entire class. Hope you're not shy. (SUPER-PASS!)

You must RP your student creating their...well, whatever they make.

Bonus Mechanics:
•If you include a DRAWN representation of the piece of art that your student creates, you can automatically add 2 to your success roll, ultimately bringing up their final score. These drawings do not have to be anything fantastic, and can be as detailed or non-detailed as you want.

•Any student who is able to use magic to create illusions can roll 1d4 to determine how amazing their artwork appears. Which is what matters. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

•Any student who lacks dexterity (lookin' at you, claw-handed monsters) can roll 1d4 to determine their ability to talk Professor Braxton into believing that the piece of art's concept is going over his head and is, in fact, a true masterpiece. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

Each visit to the classroom has the potential to span multiple posts due to the amount of dice rolls. You can interact with other students, try to steal their concepts - whatever you'd like to play out!

YOU COMPLETE THE CLASS WHEN

You pass the class!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:38 pm
Wally burst into the art room with a loud bang as the door hit the wall. He was wide eyed and excited as he took in all the different materials and papers laying literally everywhere. He wasn't even 100% sure what he was supposed to do for this class, but he knew it would be great!

Though he couldn't help but be a little disappointed that there was no one else currently in the room. He should have an audience for the greatness about to happen, for sure.

He stuck his head out into the hallways and shouted at the first kid to come too close. "Hey you! Come do art with me!"

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:17 pm
Dirge was, for all intents and purposes, sleepwalking. Technically awake but mentally checked out from a night of scario kart and playing hundreds of fancy eyephone games, the boil was hardly able to recognize he was being hailed at.

"I'm sorry.... you want me to fart on you?? He responded, incredulous look on his face. "What kind of school is this?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Wally busted out laughing. Huge, guffawing laughter. "No! Do art with me. In the arts and crafts room! I think we have to make something and leave it for the teacher to grade but I don't want to be in there by myself!"

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 pm
Oh.

OOOOOOH.

Dirge's orange eyes brightened a little along with the halo of hitodama around his face as they bobbed with his nodding head. "Art! Yeah, I like art!" Art was nice! He wasn't a snob about it like his father, but doodling was cool. Plus, new friend maybe! And the whale boil seemed the type to do both his own AND Dirge's projects. All Dirge had to do was watch, and maybe nap. "What kind of art?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:35 pm
"I don't know they have all sorts of stuff in here!"

Wally grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the room. Were you going to fight against a whale, Dirge? Were you? Hm? He gestured to the various papers, pencils, markers, paints, and everything in the room. There were even blocks of clay in one corner. "I think we just have to make something and turn it in. I just didn't wanna be in here alone. That's boring."

carhop cavalier

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:18 pm
Dirge just sort of gaped when he was manhandled by the whale (no, he would not fight a whale) into a small child's wonderland. There was even - Jack! - glitter! The boil recoiled at the sight, bumping into Wally.

"Ye-yeah. Super boring. Know what else is boring? That glitter. Don't touch it." Dirge commanded, meandering over to the clay. It was much safer. "I'm not that great at art... maybe you should show me what to do?"

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 70 Total: 70 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:20 pm
"Well first," Wally started, rubbing his chin. "You gotta look at all this stuff and say 'What can I do with this stuff.'" He looked around, wandered towards the colored pencils and picked some out. "You just think about what kinds of things you'd like to make."

He was pretty sure he had a good idea of what he wanted to do. Not that he had any idea if he could make that happen.

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 100-sided dice: 49 Total: 49 (1-100)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 pm
Dirge just sort of blinked at Wally, cocking his head sideways. "Go on....?"  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 pm
"And then you just... pick it up and starting making something."

Wally poked his tongue out as he worked with the colored pencils. He was moving quickly and not taking his time, which probably didn't bode well for the finished product. When he set aside the pencils and lifted the paper, it was two show a drawing of one pink figure, one green, surrounding by blue. "These are my moms!"

He examined the page. "Maybe I should try again, though."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 100-sided dice: 87 Total: 87 (1-100)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:36 pm
Okay... so having this kid do Dirge's work for him would not bode over well. The kasha sighed inwardly and took a hunk of clay, molding it into a ball in his hands. Yes, he would have to do his own damned work. Ugh.

"Oh! Okay, I think I get it now..." He yawned, loudly. It was time do art!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:56 pm
Wally clapped happily. "Yay, good!"

Now he just had to figure out a better way to do art than with colored pencils. They clearly weren't going to be good enough.

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-100)

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 pm
DarkHeartedSorrow
Wally clapped happily. "Yay, good!"

Now he just had to figure out a better way to do art than with colored pencils. They clearly weren't going to be good enough.
Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:02 pm
Dirge definitely poured himself into it... or at least, well... no. He poured something into the clay, but it definitely wasn't a good thing. The ball became a multi-faceted lump, then a flat disk, then just a blob.

Tsk. "Uhh... hrm. That was supposed to be my father..." He winced, looking to Wally. "I guess we're both kinda lame at trying to make art of our parents?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 100-sided dice: 60 Total: 60 (1-100)

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:06 pm
Wally winced at the lump of clay. "In my defense, my moms are just really pretty. I don't think you can really capture how pretty they are!"

Wally was very clearly a mommas boy.

"Who were you trying to make?" As he asked he wandered towards the charcoal. It looked messy, but fun. Maybe he'd give it a shot...

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff