Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Trading Ammunition (Melvin/Brenley)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
MoonKitsune rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 pm
Smerdle

Melvin had only gone to the Haunted House once and that wasn't to fight. He had gone to drag Ophelia out of the house when she had been unconscious and bleeding out. It sent a pretty clear message that this was not the place to be and not alone anyways.

And yet he was here.

He needed to train on his own, to get stronger, and be more capable as a hunter. All those months of Saliva harping at him to get better and stronger had been ignored, but it wasn't still recent tragedy showed that people got hurt protecting him that he had to start protecting himself. He had to be stronger in order to protect others.

That didn't mean he wasn't nervous and walking on eggshells as he entered the house. He never liked old houses. Old houses made him think of the bug lady back in his childhood when his nightmares started. Even now, he jumped at any creek from the floorboards, terrified it would break and send him falling down to some bug-infested basement.

He shivered as he turned into a nearby room.

Status Effect

Rolling a 2: ALL DAMAGE DONE BACKFIRES ON THE CHARACTERS THEMSELVES (ie if you do 6 damage to the opponent, you take 6 damage). All your log seems to take second place as a voice calls to you, vague, agitating. It pressures you to attack relentlessly, brashly, without caring about your own wounds or damage done to your allies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am
Thinking critically about the Haunted House sparked no particularly strong feelings in Brenley, good or ill. The place most resembled an old man sitting in the fog, despite its inanimate nature, watching and waiting to share secrets he probably could have lived a lifetime without knowing. But even if that did seem a tad creepy, at least it stayed put. Since leaving home, he had learned that there were plenty of creatures in the world that had no problem striding right out of the fog and messing with you while you slept, whether you had gotten too close for their comfort or not. The house wasn't so bad by comparison. It promised distraction on those days, like today, when the boil was in an exploring mood.

The first, last, and only time he had found himself here, Bren had run from the hunter he had met, but he knew as soon as he stepped through the front door that he would not be doing so if a similar situation presented itself this time. He heard an odd, distracting buzzing in his head, just at the edge of conscious thought, and its hum lent him courage, or if not courage, something he mistook as such. The deeper he ventured, the more determined the droning sound made him to find someone or something new to see, and every empty, mundane room frustrated him more.

In spite of his mounting agitation and his desire to find someone to speak to, the reaper still jumped in surprise as he pushed through the door into the next room and caught sight of the man already inside. Brenley himself might have looked like an average human teenager, especially when he had his legs covered as he did today, but no human teenager would be alone or even alive in here. He sighed audibly, relaxing his hands from the fists they'd made when he hadn't been paying attention.

"Finally."

xMoonKitsune

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 am
Smerdle
Remember to roll 1d20 for Initiative.

It was impossibly hard to tell who was or wasn't a hunter at first glance when they didn't have massive spikes on their body, were levitating, or just generally looked like an escaping from some genetics experiment went horrible wrong. The coats made it easier, but it did give you a moment of apprehension just to strike the first human-looking thing that crossed your line of sight. It might have been easier for a Sun, but Melvin took a moment to consider who had just walked into the room.

The 'finally' seemed like he had found what he was looking for, but if that was a Lifer who might help him back to the portal or someone to fight, he hadn't been sure at first.

It was the lack of a coat that had him thinking this was the classification of reaper that he had been warned about.

"Hi." He decided to test. "Guess you found what you were looking for?" He rose Saliva up, pointing it at the man as he stepped back to get more distance.

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:51 am
He rubbed at his eyes in an almost comical fashion, digging his knuckles into their sockets and hoping the uncomfortable pressure would clear his head. When he pulled his hands away, the intrusion in his mind had quieted to a dull whisper, so soft that he couldn't make out what it was saying. Still, it spoke insistently, menacingly, encouraging him to strike, injure, maim, kill, react. He swallowed, turning his attention to the hunter instead.

Although this man was clearly brandishing his very strange gun, he wasn't really at all like the other human Brenley had met. There were no taunts, no particularly calculating looks, just a simple question. He hadn't been looking for anything specific, just something more than nothing at all.

"I'm sorry, I..." The voice increased in volume as quickly as it had quieted, a low buzz in his brain. "I didn't come here looking for anything in particular. Just something at all. I wanted to explore, but there was nothing here today until now. Only empty rooms." He rubbed at his ear, pressing the lobe flat as harshly as he had rubbed his eyes. "Don't you hear that?"

xMoonKitsune

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Smerdle
You rolled higher, so you get first attack roll.

Melvin indeed hear something, but it was more around him, like a whispering. A hissing of sorts that he could only make out words, or maybe he was just putting sounds that sounded like words together in his head and they weren't' words at all. But the more it went, the more it prickled against his nerves, making his annoyed and turning that attention on the creature in front of him.

"Your kind just doesn't go to this place looking for nothing but one thing from what I gathered." He raised his weapon. "But if you want something, I have something for you." A nice bullet to the gut would work.

Smerdle rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 9 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:21 pm
The hunter's threat grated, his words seeming more scathing and accusatory than they were in reality. This human painted Halloween as vicious, plotting, and cruel. He had only come here to research the house and to protect himself as needed, but he itched to act without proper provocation more and more every second he dawdled. He was so caught up in indecision and distracted by the voice in his head that he didn't even bother trying to seem innocent or lost, or to cover the fact that he was made of FEAR.

"My kind? What about yours? You create us and destroy us without remorse. You threaten..." He cleared his throat. "I came here to observe." He was still so very adamant, even though simple observation was the furthest thing from his mind right now.

At Shun and Lock's carnival booth, Bren had questioned the merit of learning to throw one of his decorative blades with purposeful intent. He hadn't believed that accuracy could be possible with a weapon so bottom-heavy after tossing a simple dagger, but he had also never properly considered the effectiveness of anger as part of a plausible fighting technique. As he fell silent, a single elaborate katar appeared in the boil's right hand. He drew it back close to his side, then pivoted and flung it violently at the man with the living gun, landing a hit that both surprised and pleased him. Before his weapon could clatter to the ground, the blade disappeared again.

He only had a moment to bask in his success before a stinging pain bloomed in his gut, sparking a low exclamation of pain. Brenley didn't immediately connect his strike to the sensation, but his sudden discomfort did fuel his sourceless anger.

Damage: 10
HP: 40/50

xMoonKitsune

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 9 Total: 19 (2-20)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am
Smerdle
OMG! Sorry this took so long!

"We made you. We can take you out. You are a unnecessary evil and a product of our minds. You are nothing but mental waste that eeked out and a parasite upon our world. We're just being responsible and getting rid of you. Who cares what we do to you as long as you die without returning." He said, and jerked back when the blade struck him. The pain was sharp and hit his side, and he aimed his gun quickly.

"Observing what? Collecting information for your little friends back home? You can't pretend your kind hasn't gone to kill every last one of us." He fired, hitting the boil. He smiled, satisfied with his good aim before he felt a sharp pain in his chest that made him stagger.

"What are you doing?" Was that blade laced with poison? Damn creature. He would destroy it. He'd shoot it full of holes.

HP: 27
Dmg: 13  
Smerdle rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 am
The weapon he had thrown and dissipated to safety reappeared in Brenley's hand as he slowly walked toward the hunter. Lies. All of it, or at least most. Humans had created something beautiful, and instead of enjoying what they had made, they slaughtered the innocent spawned in fear's wake. All these hunters wanted was power—power over Halloween, power over their fellow humans, power over the intangible.

Halfway to his destination, Bren began to run, slashing at the man once he was close enough to. Pain stabbed through him almost immediately this time, forcing him to take a step back. He could taste blood on his tongue.

"You're the one who's... doing something," he spat. "But I don't blame you. Maybe you're right. My little friends and I are dangerous." He hadn't come here to do anything nefarious. He was here looking for ways to protect himself. To protect Halloween. But right now, the boil wanted nothing more than to kill this hunter.

Damage: 11
HP: 16/50

MoonKitsune
no worriesss <3

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 pm
He gritted his teeth. "Yes, I am doing something. I'm doing something about the mess you all create. I'm doing something to become a better hunter. I'm doing something to stop someone like you from doing something to those I love."

Because he had to do something or else things would repeat themselves. Someone like this Halloween creature could take so much from him and not know it - not care.

He moved back, trying to dodge, but each slash tore at his shield, sending it crackling as it deflected the blades. The pain was hot and quick, and he felt even angrier in response.

Damage: 0
HP: 16/50

Smerdle

Smerdle rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 10 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:57 am
"Take a look at yourself, you delusional... moron." He couldn't manage more than a low grumble or a better comeback (though moron was a pretty damning slight coming from the reaper), mostly because he was tiring so quickly. "Creating messes and killing innocents is your job." How could these hunters be so stupid? So... single-minded? Bren followed the man as he retreated, slashing with an absence of proper form or economy of movement.

He hated the feeling of nothingness that accompanied dissipation, but he refused to surrender now, even though he was pretty sure that was where this was headed.

Damage: 5
HP: 11

MoonKitsune

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items