Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Multiple Ligament injuries in my right ankle.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JukeboxHero434

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 pm
Hi everyone smile ,

So, for the last three weeks I have been wearing this brace on my ankle. I have seen an orthopedist and I am suppose to see him again next Friday (Keep me in your thoughts that day please smile thanks smile ) . I notice that sometimes, I will have shooting pain in the back of my ankle and bottom of my heel.

I wonder if it is because I am not elevating it enough? I have only sat down during classes and at home. I walk a lot on campus, so that might be why. My doctor said I have multiple ligament injuries (due to maybe having two or three sprains. I rolled my ankle in the parking lot and I had sprained that same ankle two years ago...) .

I know this might sound weird, but I am scared he might recommend surgery. I don't have insurance right now, so I am hoping he will not say that next Friday :/ .

Sorry that last paragraph sounded like a rant, but I am a bit worried. I was going to start exercising it this week, and now I am not sure if I should....

Thank you in advance for anything you post here smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 pm
Hey bud I hear you 110%, over the summer I got a little too deep in the bottle and went on a trampoline, long story short I had a severely sprained ankle with a fair share of ripped ligaments. From this experience Ive learned to
1) Invest in a damn good brace (I'm talking 100$ minimum)
2) Elevate. It's been 6 months and still hurts, so I continue to do so
3) ICE DAT SHIET
and thats all you need to know! The human body is miraculous and does a wonderful job of self healing. If you continue to see your doctor as well as be gentle and nice to your ankle those shooting pains should be a thing of the past (also for piece of mind the shooting pain is pretty normal, at least from my experience! Just keep icing and elevating!)

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items