Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
The Mushroom Kingdom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just Rosa

Anxious Otaku

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:53 pm
User Image
User Image

ood → Hyped / Tired | ocation → Mushroom Kingdom | ompany → Yasu, Prom & Vlad

y rofile → Here & Here | heme → The Cure & Daywalker

wan's ight → Like this | ome → Doux Housing District

tab tab "It was nice, we went shopping for stuff and grabbed snacks too." Queue Hwan pulling out a bag of chips for the group to see, it seems to be a spicy shrimp flavour, he will not be sharing this with anyone. Han opened one of the several shopping bags filled with an assortment of snacks which were mostly peach-flavoured. As Han was going over his shopping bags, he made a quiet gasp after realising he forgot something. "Oh! I almost forgot I got this for you Yasu." Digging his hand in another bag to pull out the blue tie he bought and handed it to his fiance.

tab tab Hwan squinted his eyes while looking around the arcade they were at. The colours were a bit too bright for his taste, and the noise too so he dug through his pocket to get his earbuds and pushed one in his ear and kept the other in its case. Seeming a bit more at ease while listening in on the conversation, not really wanting to contribute to it. But that's fine, Han is the extroverted twin that can definitely start one for the both of them. Though sometimes even Han can run out of conversation topics though it is rare. "Nothing really wild, we mostly went shopping for hygienic stuff but we did also make stops at random stores that looked interesting. I think I saw a small crane game arcade that is gonna open soon which seemed cool." He said while he basically copies Hwan now looking around the arcade now thinking he and Yasu can go on a date here; it'd probably be fun.

tab tab Han then glanced over at Hwan, gently nudging him with his elbow to contribute in some manner. [You should tell them about your upcoming work trip.] Hwan rolled his eyes a little before shrugging his twin off. "Right... I mostly got Han to go shopping with me so I can get some things before I go for work soon. Not too sure where they're sending us this time." Could even be just their base but it's still a plane ride away.

ut offee: [Brakets mean they're speaking in Korean], also Han is still wearing his office attire
tiny14xx2

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:55 pm
x
x
x
x
ғяιםαч, мαяcн ⑧тн

םαч ⑤ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤①⑥
( ① чєαя, ④ мσитнs, ③① םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:49 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

True loyalty is embracing a world of ignorance...

Zhong enjoyed his night at home. After a workout he figured he'd settle in amongst the newly packed knickknacks in his home and try to get comfortable. At first the loneliness was a lot to handle. He'd never slept with anyone before but, he could always hear the sounds of his master and his friends partying in a room not far from his own whenever he did turn in. The silence was strange but eventually, very soothing. He found himself a restful sleep and awoke the next morning to a call from Fiddle's Gym, approving him for a spot amongst their roster. He'd be teaching general self-defense, which was exactly what he applied for. He couldn't have been prouder of himself. He figured moving to a new city in a new country, would be terrifying, but things were starting to look good for him.

It's moments like this where he could finally sink into monotony. He found himself already forgetting Shanghai and his life there. Whether it was nervousness or excitement, he couldn't tell, but somehow this gentle giant was beginning to move on. It would take time to scrub the blood off of his hands, but Zhong was never one to dwell on his past. What he did, he did for a reason he was ready to fight for. It was only when he remembered his failure that he had to stop and dwell.

Thankfully, on his walk-through Soliel the next day, the dwelling found a new reason to be silenced. "An arcade?" He'd recently been stationed in Japan and their arcades were usually very large and filled with obnoxious colors and sounds! To think that one could exist here too. He made his way inside and stood, like an out of place piece of rice in a bowl of tic-tacs. Children and adults alike walked around him to get to the various games they'd like to play and Huizhongi, stood in awe.

He wasn't allowed to play videogames when he was working for his master and he certainly wasn't allowed to go into arcades. He worked out what he'd have to do to get quarters for the machines and settled on the first game that he thought he might like, Street Fighter.

It was a classic Street Fighter cabinet. There were other versions there, more updated ones, but for some reason Zhong found himself engrossed in the classical 2-D artstyle of the very first cabinet. "Wow..." He flicked through the character roster and settled on the only character a person like Zhong could've picked, Ryu.

"This game...is amazing." Through his glasses, the tattooed giant examined the games patterns and played over and over. He seemed to be doing quite well too, mashing the buttons and spinning the joystick as quickly as he might snap a neck or cleverly punch a nose into someone's skull. He made sure to gauge his strength so as not to break the machine and he kept his rage under control when he eventually lost. "Bull...gotta try again." And he did, trying quarter after quarter as he tackled arcade mode to his heart's content.

It's to choose to live in a world where you only see one other soul.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: Oh, street fighter? I love this game...
With: No one.O.O.C:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:05 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Random people | Mood : Lonely, and then angry on behalf of all technology | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : Prom can speak to anything with an electric current like it is a sentient being while also giving devices the ability to do things on their own as long as he is near them. Technology is notoriously gossipy around him, so no one's cell phone is safe around him, just a heads up. He will talk to the machines a lot, especially his phone which is like an AI he built xd

Sending Vladimir off whenever he visits always sucks. When the man comes down to see the Titus brothers, Prom just always feels like he treats himself better. His mind is quieter, he actually eats, and sleeps for a change. The self-deprecation isn't all gone, but it is severely muted since he knows that it just worries his friend and always ends in a sharp talking to. he doesn't get time to marinate in his guilt and self-hatred, nor can he get away with being crabby. Vlad doesn't let him slip into that state, and fills all of his time with good memories of them teasing his brother about his date, or with deep conversations about their regrets and how they have been working to change them. "If Lilitu didn't need you to survive, I would kidnap you so you couldn't go back. You could just take my bed and stay with us forever." Vlad had chuckled and gave him a big hug before departing with the promise to talk to him again when he got home. Even Hercules looked bummed when Vlad left, as they had also gotten the opportunity to bond quite a bit in such a short time.

Afterwards, Hercules left the house for his date and Prom was left with the voices again. Not even the ones from the devices in his home, just the ones stuck in his head over the years. "Promullar, do me a favor and compile all the data you collect from Herc's date for me to watch later. Gotta make sure that knucklehead doesn't break his own heart." Is it an invasion of his brother's privacy to snoop on his date? Probably. But when you live with Prometheus or around him, you kind of sign away any hopes of privacy in your life. Technology loves to gossip about all your business to him after all.

After begrudgingly getting changed and chugging down scalding coffee, the man left his house and ended up where he is now. Boredly spinning a pen on the countertop as he watches the dead arcade once more. It helped having someone here before. He wasn't haunted by the silence when Vlad was laughing or teasing him. Ugh, having friends just sucks. It makes him realize how lonely he is otherwise.

Hearing his phone beep at him, he takes it out of his pocket. "At least I have you guys. You never leave me alone." He is yet again surprised by himself and his new cohabitation with the entity taking up residence in anything remotely electrical. When he said that in his youth, it was with bitterness and hatred towards the thing that messed up his life. Now when he murmurs it to the tech in the building, he says it with a tenderness one shares with an old friend that has seen some tough times with him.

"Could you guys do me a favor? Its kind of quiet, make some more noise for me yeah?" Like clockwork, all the game cabinets and the music playing quietly through the radio turn up a bit louder for him, filling the place with sounds. "Thanks guys. You are awesome." That little bit of peace didn't last. Nor did he have to worry about demons in his brain when it suddenly started picking up and he was actually able to busy himself with work. It also meant he had to deal with various children who didn't know how to touch electronics at all. The amount of screaming he heard the arcade cabinets do from the misuse was really starting to agitate him and give him a headache. Some people don't always take him correcting them on how to use it either. He just hates hearing the screams. He can handle a lot, but the screams always trigger an episode and he can't crawl into a ball in the corner while he is at work.

"Listen kid, I don't care what kind of temper issues you have that prevent you from being a sore loser, but these do not belong to you so don't smash at the buttons or hit the cabinets! You and your friends have been warned multiple times to respect this place." The kid starts to mash the button with his fist in a way that might have gotten him potentially killed by old Prom who had way less emotion and chill than he does now. Sometimes he has to remind himself of why he stopped being a mercenary in the first place. That kids aren't all treated like him, or grown in a lab to be picked apart like an experiment so they grow spoiled and stupid sometimes. It takes a lot of years of self-control to not react when one of his friends spill a shake on the screen on purpose. He can't kill a kid, he can't kill a kid. No one understands what he hears. They'll never know the pain of hearing something unable to fight back cry out to him for help.

"Get out while you still have limbs to run away." He's just not good with kids, and maybe it shows even more when he's suddenly shoved and some curse words come out as he bumps into an innocent bystander trying to enjoy a game. "Why those little sh-" He's seething a little, but the street fighter game the man he bumped into was playing suddenly makes a sound at him like he is being scolded by the character. He stops to growl in frustration and rub his head in a way that just makes his red curls even more unkempt, but he stays put at least. "Yeah..Yeah...you're right. I can't do that. They're kids and I promised." He takes a few calming breaths and looks at the guy he bumped into. "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to nearly take you out." He looks at the arcade cabinet as the character makes noise at him again, moving a little in game without being controlled. Prom even gasps jokingly and covers his mouth like he is a maiden told something vulgar. A sign that he is recovering from his rage. "I am not repeating that. You should be ashamed that you said that out loud." The character huffs and crosses his arms in game before Prom looks back to the stranger. "You might want to let up on the buttons by the way. Old girl says you are being too rough with her buttons and joystick." Used to people not knowing that he can speak to devices because he is a biological artificial intelligence, he does not elaborate at all and just turns around to take a look at the cabinet the kids were abusing to make sure they didn't cause any damages.

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:34 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

Zhong had always hated technology. He knew he couldn't escape it, with the coming age of technology and all that, but that never changed his distrust for it. He mainly disliked it because it was just another thing that he had to be gentle with. He was never a reckless of violent person but, more often than not, he'd find himself breaking things when he isn't minding his own strength. Even now, with this arcade cabinet, he was beginning to lose his way.

He didn't really notice the sudden growing animation in the technology around him. The arcade was always a treasure trove of lights and sounds but it seemed, as if instantly, that they were beginning to come to life around him as he played. He was enjoying himself a bit too much to care however and continued playing, taking out enemy after enemy. He knew little about the characters in this game, but he was really enjoying their abilities, even if he believed the idea of someone being able to maintain forward movement while spinning their leg clockwise was a bit farfetched. He reached up to push his glasses back as hie eyes, ever focusing, stayed locked on the screen. He'd never played a videogame before so
the stimulation was a lot.

He took note of the many children beginning to filter their way into the arcade. It donned on him that this was their place. He had no real reason to be clogging up their playplace with his existence. He thought about leaving at first but, strangely enough, none of the children thought to come and take the game from him. He had it in his mind to give the game to whomever might want it, so it was strange to see none of the small children feeling confident enough to approach the massive muscular Chinese man hitting Guile with a ten-hit combo. Odd. That's when it happened.

He barely even moved as the wall of muscle was nudged by what seemed to be one of the staff members here. He thought at first that he was disturbing people with his playing but upon closer inspection he was able to discover that that was far from the case. Huizhong closed his eyes tightly, so tightly that he figured he'd never open them again. He had to fight the instinct to activate his power, to go into fight or flight mode to protect the one who'd bumped into him. Maybe he had to protect that person? Maybe the children? His innate nature, in need of someone to protect, violently flared up like a sick disease. For a moment his legs did stumble, and he might've looked like the bump might make him fall down. He held on tight to the sides of the cabinet and steadied himself. His legs, from toned thighs to little toes, were primed to get into fighting stance.

He stopped and gentle black eyes, void of iris', opened up again, just in time to hear the male's voice behind him. This one was odd. He was speaking to Zhong but it didn't look like they'd started a conversation that made sense with what the redhead was saying. He wasn't sure what was going on but, behind his glasses, his eyes were focused on the red. "I didn't...say anything."He said plainly. "The old girl...?" He said again, taken aback as his eyes fled to the screen of the game he was playing. Without even thinking he lifted his hands from the joystick and the buttons and gave the machine a clean and apologetic bow. "I apologize, it was not my intention to hurt you, your game is very fun." He paused then and turned back to the redhead as he turned his attention to the children.

People with powers were always so strange to Zhong. He knew they came in all different forms, hell, even his siblings were born with abilities he couldn't fathom. It didn't take a genius to tell that, while possibly not magical, this person had a strange ability to understand technology and possibly speak to it as if it were human. It could tell him jokes; it could even speak in vulgarities. "Ah, much like that film where the toys speak and move...even technology has it's personalities." He found himself mesmerized. Thankfully his life has consisted of beating and killing humans, so no reparations needed paid. "Excuse me...sir?" He said, raising a thick hand over the redhead's shoulder to tap it. "May I ask if I have consent to try again...this game is very fun, however, I'm willing to stop." He was trying so hard to be respectful as a gentle tinge of red flecked itself across his cheeks.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: I may have made a grievous error...
With: The redheaded Arcade attendant, and his technology friends. O.O.C: Zhong's only power is punch. >3<

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:49 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Random people | Mood : In pain | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : Prom can speak to anything with an electric current like it is a sentient being while also giving devices the ability to do things on their own as long as he is near them. Technology is notoriously gossipy around him, so no one's cell phone is safe around him, just a heads up. He will talk to the machines a lot, especially his phone which is like an AI he built xd

Prom has always been a cause of confusion to those around him. It isn't like he's not self-aware about it. He just got used to the weird looks when he's arguing with a sassy toaster or cooing at a computer when it gives him the info he wants. They think he is downright crazy, and pick fights when he yells at them for hitting a machine or mashing their phone like it's nothing. He's so used to that, so it comes as a surprise when he not only hears, but sees the guy immediately correct himself and apologize to the cabinet now singing his praises with a happy tune not even apart of the damn game. No one has ever done that without him thoroughly scolding them first. "Well I don't know about toys, but yes. Kind of like that."

He tries to go about his work on cleaning away the mess on the screen and checking the inner panel of the cabinet, trying to ignore his shock of someone not trying to duke it out with him. Some people are just weird he supposed. Aaron, the detective seemed fascinated and surprised about Prom, his phone companion and what he could do. That guy dealt with an AI, and even he was surprised and seemed a little confused by all of it. This guy didn't seem like someone familiar with the workings of technology. Better yet, his phone apparently has very choice words with Prom on the guy's daily abuse of the technology around him. So him just...yielding seemed really freaking weird even to the person probably the strangest in this building. Hmm...maybe not so much considering the browsing history popping up from the passing kid's phone. He didn't need to know what he now knows about Timmy the nerdy kid following around a girl clearly not interested in him, but is dragging him along for the hell of it.

The brief distraction of kids who should have a parental lock on their browser gave the man behind him the opportunity to startle him with the tap. He had been leaning inside of the casing to check the wiring on the screen for the cabinet and smacked his head on the top part with a swear before turning around slowly. He's pretty sure he hit something sharp, and even though that will heal, it hurt like hell. "What is it with buff guys being so shy?" Being concussed and generally lacking a filter, the man said the first thing that came to mind when seeing the guy look flustered. His own brother was built like his namesake and acted the same way around people. Was it just a buff guy thing?

He groans as he rubs the top of his head, sighing when he comes away with blood. Ehh, he'll be fine. "I think you're fine to use it. Believe me, her complaints were not angry ones. Play to your heart's content I guess." He gives the arcade cabinet a dirty look as it makes more sounds at him and he vows to never repeat that. Instead he turns around to the one he was checking and closes the case to put the cabinet back in place. The pixelated face of the packman ghost on screen looks sad as it makes the dead sound when you lose the game. "You're all set. Don't worry about it. I heal. Consider it as making is even after almost combusting you guys that one day." It makes more noises as him and he rests his hand on it with a sigh. "I'm not going to leave, relax. I've stopped doing that remember? This old dog has centuries more left. I'm not leaving you guys without a voice again." He removes his hand and returns his gaze to the man with a raised brow, challenging him to say something that'll get himself kicked out. "Be nice to your phone. He kind of hates you right now. Just so you know, that is why it refuses to work at times and goes reeeeeally slow. They hold grudges."

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:16 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

One of the very first lessons Zhong ever learned when he was born was that a creature never meant to exist, has the least right to choose what makes sense in a world he's a visitor in. People with powers did exist, that was a fact and while Zhong could shut them out, he knew better then to be ignorant. He did as he always did and took things as face value. This person could be lying to him and pulling an elaborate prank but not knowing the guy and being new in town made it unlikely, unless this person was notorious for pranking strangers. Like most things in life, Zhong would merely have to go off of what he knew. Powers were real, and this person could very well have them, respect needed to be given.

He must've startled the young man with the tap on his shoulder. He hurt himself on the games casing. He didn't seem broken so Zhong didn't worry about it. What he did worry about however, is that he was called shy. Zhong wasn't particularly shy, he was just incredibly respectful. He didn't like to interrupt people and he certainly didn't want to come off as anything but kind. Even being called shy didn't summon an aggressive response from him. He merely followed the redhead with his eyes, examining him calmly and quietly.

He took note of the discussion happening around him. He couldn't take part but he did take notes. He didn't cause the cabinet any pain. Was 'she' enjoying how Zhong was playing? Oh... The other cabinet, although with cryptic signs, explained it's worry for the redheaded technopath. It was beginning to make much more sense. Upon his lecture about his phone, he pulled it out. His phone had had a horrible life. It'd been rewritten and recoded over and over again to allow Zhong access to hidden phonelines. He patted its case gently and unlocked it before slowly closing all the tabs. He gently stroked the screen, hopefully taking a bit of its strain away by removing all the many tabs he had running at once. They were mostly just search inquiries.

'How to start in a small town?' 'How to start in a new town?' 'How to make chicken and rice?' 'How to remove an oral tracking device'. Little things anyone would look up. "If you were going slowly, I never noticed...I am willing to wait for you and wait for our relationship to recover, old friend." Zhong said before slipping it back into his pocket. "As much as the game calls, I must insist that you allow me to check your wound. Blood coming from your head is never a good thing. I could possibly patch you myself, if not then we should consider hospitalization..." He was very matter of fact and while he didn't talk much, he did say what was important when he needed to.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: Even I forget how horrible I can be to things without knowing, apologies...now, to business.
With: The redheaded Arcade attendant, and his technology friends. O.O.C: Zhong will carry someone to the hospital, that's not a question.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:30 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Random people | Mood : In pain | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He is staring, he's aware of that fact. He never thought he would meet someone that would fit on the scale of weird as Z when he first met him, or Vlad when he investigated him for the first time. They guy not only cooperated with the arcade cabinet, but he also took Prom's advice about his phone to heart. It was kind of a reminder of Andromeda with her device. After she was taught how to treat it, he would catch her whispering to it throughout the feed. The device started to like it's owner so much that it tells Prom that they have a pact and it can't give him her information. But even that could be explained with her already knowing Prom and getting to know his brother. This guy is a total stranger who could be getting pranked hard, but is actually taking Prom seriously.

The Pac-Man he just cleaned was in the same boat of him with the confusion front. Code was filtered to him from the device that amounted to basically a bunch of question marks. "How would I know? Protocol doesn't account for enigmas alright? Maybe I knocked him on his head when I bumped him? They're usually not this docile." Only the people who are friends with Prom do these things out of respect for him and his abilities. Prom's well-being means absolutely zilch to this dude. It just makes him even more suspicious. His cellphone makes noises in his pocket similar to his voice broken down into words clipped from past conversations Prom had. "Suspicious. I could take a look?" He pauses to consider it, gaze dropping to the guy's phone before he shakes his head, immediately regretting it when it causes him to feel really dizzy from the concussion. "No, we don't do that anymore remember. Not in danger."

By the time the man returns his attention back to him, he's sitting on the floor to combat the dizziness. Leaning against the arcade console, he looks up at him while feeling his head again. On top of the injury throbbing, he was starting to get a headache from the part of his head that got hit and damaged on his forehead under his hair. "I'm fine. I heal quickly, it'll just be disorienting for a bit while I recover."

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:56 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

This was a very odd sensation. He could tell the redhead wasn't talking to him but, he felt out of place being the subject of what he was talking about with the machines. Zhong was never usually the topic of most of his master's conversations but at least he could understand the back and forth. In this situation, it was like the redhead was talking to someone in another language. For the first time in many years, Zhong felt left out. It didn't frustrate him or make him feel impatient, it did however, make him feel quite sad.

He thought about leaving. This conversation and this outing had been nothing but trouble. He was upsetting the technology and, whether intentional or not, gave a man a head injury. Zhong was never one to be down on himself for accidents, but he knew when it was best to pick up cards and leave the table. It was only when the redhead stumbled onto the floor that instincts took over once again.

Zhong quickly turned around before kneeling before the redhead. His back was to him now but he turned his head. "Get on my back. I can take you somewhere safe..." He blurted out those lines he'd said a million times before. Get on my back. Come with me. Take my hand. All of them would lead to the same end of the story. 'I can take you somewhere safe...'

He stood then and straightened the collar on his shirt. A nervous cough escaped his lips as he turned then, his deep eyes settling on the guy on the ground once again. "Forgive me, that wasn't something one should do for a stranger...but I must beseech you and request one last time, would you like me to look at it? If you feel truly unwell, it could only get worse. I could at least take you home?" He spat out quick solutions. That was merely the type of person Zhong was.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: He could have rapid healing properties, I cannot help but wonder and worry...
With: The redheaded Arcade attendant, and his technology friends. O.O.C:

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:34 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Random people | Mood : In pain | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

"Do what now?" He stares at the man's toned back in total confusion. Clearly this guy is from another universe just like Z. Surely this guy can't be from around here. His phone answers that question shortly with a quick briefing on at least his recent move and a name. Ah, so he really isn't from around here. He's fresh to this town and oh so unfortunate to come across Prom as one of his first experiences on the town. Poor dude might just pack up and leave at this point.

"I mean, usually I am given a name before I climb a man like a tree, but to each their own." The man chuckles, but quickly flinches as another wave of pain and nausea hit him. "Tell you what, if you can help me get to the counter, I have a first aid kit and you can see for yourself that I am fine. I already know I have a concussion, but that isn't your fault and I heal. That way I can sit down in my seat and take a break and you can go back to your game with the clarity that you didn't almost brain someone in the town you just came to."

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:48 am
User Image
桂惠忠

"Yes, a very good plan..." He nodded and reached out his arms at first, intend on helping the male quickly, before pausing of course. "How did you know I was new here?" He immediately treated the redhead to an understanding nod, answering his own question in a split second. "I'm assuming my phone told you that...you've a wicked gift there." He joked before kneeling down and slipping one massive arm under the redhead's knees and another against his back before effortlessly lifting him up and into his arms.

"I'm going to believe you, even if it is against my better judgement. If you say you're fine, then carrying you to your seat will do." He spoke plainly as if he wasn't carrying a stranger through an arcade like royalty. He made his way to the other side of the counter to find the other's seat and plopped him down gently. He didn't check himself for blood and if he managed to get some on him, he could care less. "I'm not happy it happened, but I am happy you are ultimately alright. My name is Huizhong, but people call me Zhong, I'm the new self-defense instructor at Fiddle's Gym."

It was in that moment that his eyes quivered and his shoulders slumped. It was only a matter of time before his phone or some device told him about Zhong's past. If he could easily learn about how Zhong arrived in this town, he could most likely discover why. Perhaps this was a sign, a sign that making new friends and starting a new life would be next to impossible for someone who was never meant to exist. His eyes, however stricken with these thoughts, still stayed focused on the redhead, watching for signs of discomfort.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: It was a pleasure meeting you, I will not demand your name...
With: The redheaded Arcade attendant, and his technology friends. O.O.C:

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:49 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Huizhong | Mood : In pain | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

Prom didn't answer him right away, it didn't appear that he needed to. The guy was able to figure it out on his own. It is a very useful gift, one that he hasn't always used for good things. He's pretty self-aware that he's a bad person, that he's done a lot of bad things. It's one of the reasons he can't sleep. Why he has scars all over his body from attempts at silencing all the voices he hears from the things he's done. So he gets the suspicion and maybe the underlying concern the guy probably has. It doesn't take his phone telling him anything for him to know he's in the company of someone not so great either. It's his name, and his records. Prom doesn't need to look at the records to know that having them means some pretty dicey stuff. "It is. Can't say I have always used it for good things either. But you know, one should already expect being a mercenary for crooked governments would mean you aren't one of the good guys."

It's probably a good thing that Prom isn't blacked out and passed out. In the past when he was, his friends always knew not to pick him up because it always led to kicking and another PTSD episode where he shouts and hits like he's fighting for his life. Which sometimes seems ironic to him considering he's tried to throw that away in the past. It's probably an instinctual thing at this point. Instead of fighting, he says against the man because even the small bit of movement on his part is making the nausea come back with a vengeance. "The scar on my neck is from being nearly decapitated, trust me, I'm fine."

When he's put down in the seat, he leans back and covers his eyes for a minute to work through all of the information being fed to him at once. Instead of getting angry because the tech in the building is overloading him, he groans and leans his head back. "Could you guys...give me a minute? My boat is rocked and I feel like my head is splitting." The sounds in the place die down a little as even the lights lower a bit and he sighs in relief. "That's better, thanks." He lifts his head and focuses his eyes back on the man as he pulls off his glasses. "Well Huizhong, I am Prometheus Titus. I'm not much of a local here either. My brother and I are still fairly new to the city. I work here as the guy who fixes broken consoles and watches the arcade. If you ever need some special upgrades, I also have a side business of my own where I build robotics and customize current weapons and devices for people. If you ever have questions, I believe you and I are district neighbors according to your phone. I try not to breach privacy, but sometimes I can't help what I am told."

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:06 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

Zhong was beginning to thank whatever god of fate was following him. His face, forever stoic and attentive, watched silently as he listened to the other speak. He didn't look surprised, worried or shocked. If anything could really be deciphered from that face of his, it was utter relief. The first person he'd really met in this town, on this dreary rainy day, was someone not unlike him. His history was bloody and while he seemed bothered by the blood on his hands, they were similar. The scar on his neck, one which Zhong almost touched when he carried him over, was a decapitation scar. Zhong didn't wear any of the wounds he'd earned in his service to his master but for a moment, he wished he did. He wished he could join Prometheus in the scarred warrior club.

"It seems technology can be quite the invasive creature. Like an eager child, it leaps to tell you it's secrets and woes yet, doesn't take into account how you too can be overloaded." He started speaking out loud, analyzing the situation. Zhong wondered then. If the ability was magical, he could disrupt it with his own powers but sometimes, even peace can be maddening, and he'd hate to use his powers on someone who wasn't trying to hurt him.

He took note of the lights dimming and he smiled. "However, even a child can understand cues and know when their big brother is upset. Your talent, however frightening, seems amazing." He looked back down and into the redhead's eyes as genuinely as he could. At this point he was leaning on the counter, trying not to put his full weight on it for fear of breaking it. "I know nothing of technology so I will keep your services in mind, I doubt you'll need it but should you feel like someone means to do you harm, feel free to call on me. I can only use these hands to fight." He showed off his hands, big and thick as they are. They, like his exposed neck poking from his collared shirt, were decked out in archaic tattoos resembling Chinese Taoist symbols. They were the only proof in this world that Zhonghui was not a human. The taoist ritual that brought him and his siblings to life was not documented online, hell it was never documented period.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: To have consistent noise in one's head, is it worse than my loneliness?
With: Prometheus O.O.C:

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:12 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Huizhong | Mood : Feeling a kinship in a way | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : Sorry, Prom tends to steam roll over people with information since his brain moves pretty fast XD He also tends to get in people's space a lot since he's tactile despite the air he gives off.

It's kind of rare for him to meet someone who can reach the same understanding as him when it comes to guilt and past mistakes. Vlad is that way now, but it took being afraid of getting Prom killed for his mistakes for him to even see it as bad. Not that Prom was much different. He shoved that guilt and the part of him that said, "this is wrong", so far down for so long. He was angry and bitter because of the things that were done to him in his "father's" lab that he just...wanted everyone else to suffer too. Being older and wiser now, he can see how stupid he was then. How it has carried a far greater weight for him than he thought it would. A weight he also tries to bury because he knows it is too much for other people to help him carry. Especially his brother.

"It...understands me far greater than anyone I know. Its been there in my worst times, trying to help me and I took it for granted." The computer next to him flashes before a chibi pixelated Prom is on the screen making a heart sign. He slides his glasses back on with a chuckle before motioning at the device while the chibi prom sparkles on the screen. "And this is my best friend as well. I am a walking talking computer who can transfer my memories as data to a database I made called Promullar. Apparently it made a sentient being that can act on its own without me, but is heavily like me." He likes to joke to Herc that Promullar is like his little mini me. "I used to hate it. I never understood that it just...wanted someone to hear it, whatever it is that allows me to do what I do. So while you may think it is overloading me now, it was way worse when I was using it for nefarious deeds. It cannot disobey me, but it does retaliate. I was a terrible person forcing it to do terrible things, its allowed to be a brat I think."

The man chuckles before groaning and grabbing his head when the movement spiked his headache a little again. "Ugh, sorry. My healing happens, but it does so kind of slow sometimes. Uh, thanks on the offer for a favor of a fist but, I was a mercenary. And no, I wasn't the tech guy, I was the planner and the person who executed the mission. So fighting is nothing I can't handle." He reaches behind him to grab one of the cups he had sitting there of coffee and water, before taking a long sip and returning his attention to this interesting stranger. "And before you ask what every person asks, the reason I am being so forthcoming with information is because I believe in eye for an eye. I took your information without your permission, accident or not, so I shared classified information of my own. Not like I care about it anyways. Better for people to know what they are dealing with before they even try to talk to me."

Despite his headache and prior nausea, the man sets down the cup and stands to lean against the counter. For once since the encounter, as he leans in close to the man, his voice takes on a dangerous note as his eyes glow. However, there is also a slight squint on his part because he was kind of seeing doubles for a second thanks to the dizziness. "And I like to make this clear with everyone, because I am aware of my bounty in multiple countries, including yours. If you try me and put mine at risk to get my head, I will make sure that you will never escape who you are, what you have done, and what I can do to you. Death would be a mercy by the time I would be done with you." His face grows a little somber, the guilt probably showing for minute because he knows that he should have never agreed to Hercules coming to live with him, even if he feels like he will die trying to guarantee his brother's safety. "Coming after me is one thing, my life means little to me, and I would deserve it, but I don't take targeting my brother lightly. He's just an innocent kid, he doesn't deserve to get caught in my mess."

He pushes up the man's glasses, at least carefully because oh my goodness that can be the amount of eyes he actually has. The squinting probably gets worse before he finally gives up and stands up straight to pull off his jacket. Those scars he was mentioning before? They would be clearly visible now with his black no-sleeve shirt showing his arms. He's not built like the hulking mass in front of him or like his brother, but he is fit with his own muscles at least. "I am going to get the blood out of my hair. Promullar, watch the arcade alright?" The chibi Prom salutes to him before he's turning to the man again as he smooths down his shirt. "You can check the injury if you like, I might need you to make sure I get the blood out since my vision is kind of bad right now. I am pretty sure you have two eyes, not four."

LunetteSucree

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

LunetteSucree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:19 pm
User Image
桂惠忠

Zhong could only look to the spiraling arcade attendant as he explained himself in boundless detail. Like a growing internet search, he rifled off his findings as if Zhong had asked him a question with a million answers. He was happy to learn about Promullar, he didn't quite understand how or why it existed but Zhong was never one to question why things existed so long as he did. He was excited to hear about the other's healing ability and his involvement with mercenary work. Zhong was born a bodyguard and would always be a bodyguard, knowing that he couldn't possibly help his new friend with his strength did make him sad, but nothing hurt his heart like being threatened. He wasn't quite sure what vibe he must of given the other or what he might've said, but in seconds Prometheus had stood and glowing eyes were facing the homunculus.

He felt a familiar creature in his flesh awaken. A fight or flight response, his master called it. It felt more like a creature's claws had grips on his nerves and was sure he wouldn't let go unless Zhong did something about it. It was a nasty feeling, and one he knew he didn't like very much. He was confident of his skills in a fight and while he was still unaware of the source of Prometheus' powers, he could outlast him. Fighting here and now would never be an issue. His fight or flight reflexes may have been firing off on all cylinders, but a wretched, shameful pain kept his heart and his muscles from reacting. He was aware that they had just met but the sudden animosity made him feel as though they shouldn't have ever met in the first place. He reached down to fix his own glasses and nodded to let the other know he'd registered the information and let it set.

He was silent. He felt like a wounded child, lost and afraid. He merely nodded and kept his eyes on Prometheus' scars as he revealed them. The situation was awkward, and he felt uncomfortable, but it would be against what he was to leave someone in need. He thought about saying something, denying his claim to either his head or his brother's. Frankly, he didn't even know who they were until Prometheus told him, but he had a feeling that if he'd given an aura to be suspicious of, he couldn't easily undo it.

He didn't need his own glasses, but he was well aware that eyesight for most could be detriment to their daily lives. "Yes, a good plan. Does this place have a sink or should we go to the bathroom?" He asked plainly, following close to Prometheus with his arms close to his sides. He wanted to make sure they were prepped in case he fell again, he'd catch him if he did and probably continue to carry him to a sink so they could wash his hair comfortably.

Wearing: Casual On the town.Thinking: I meant you and your brother no harm...I apologize if I gave an otherwise impression.
With: PrometheusO.O.C: Depressed Zhong. TwT

☼ Cerise Shopping District

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas