Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
The Mushroom Kingdom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:03 am
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Coralyn | Feeling : Neutral | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He can’t help the amused snort he gives her for her comparison. Whenever he’s told someone about what he can do, they’ve never given such a description before. Usually they just take the information for what it is. "Kind of, but also no. While technology does hold a grudge against anyone who abuses them, it isn’t trying to assimilate myself of anyone." While it used to overwhelm him with information in its excitement to communicate, it’s never given the impression that it wants to be human or necessarily make itself outwardly known aside from what Prom can share with people. ”Also a yes and no. While I can control it at times, they tend to do their own thing unless I ask otherwise. It’s more of us working in tandem in respect and trust than me controlling them entirely. I trust the information they give me, and they trust me to take care of them and the data I receive.”

Though he is surprised when she holds out her hand for the device, he hands it over knowing she can’t even use it without his print or Aaron’s. Plus she doesn’t seem like the type who actually wants to use it on someone. Though he isn’t one to ever actually peg someone as harmless per say, he does know that there are people who will try to take peaceful approaches over violent. "Mostly the usual. Why the other parts are scraps, what he was doing with them, what parts need updates or fixing. Usually that is their initial focus, getting my help to fix something broken or damaged." After that, they tend to share an excess of information that is useless to him, but he listens anyways because he knows that no one else can or will. It helps them to feel like they were useful to him in some way each time he fixes one of their devices.

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                    Corαlyn Dubois
                                                    ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                                    𓆰 | I'm feeling Intrigued | I'm speaking to Prometheus Titus | Where am I? Mushroom kingdom | What am I wearing? Keeping warm

The woman's face lit up a little to show a hint of red. Did she say something wrong? Well, comparing his ability to that of a popular zombie franchise did seem like it hit the nail, but, he did call it a hive and that was the first thing her mind went to. You'd think she took a moment to think before she signed because of her inability, but she clearly showed she didn't. "So they feel things too?" she asked, mostly rhetorically as she seemed to have his answer already, drawing her phone out to have a look at it, wondering if it got mad at her for using it so often. Typing sometimes with her soiled fingers - literally - or waiting until she was too close to losing her battery before she charged it. It was her mouth piece anyways, so, she'd hope it didn't hate her for the abuse she put it through. Her baby blue orbs shifted back to him as he clarified some more of his work, nodding with an amused smile as she put her phone away into her pocket again. "That is very cool." she'd say.

Coralyn takes the device, knowing she couldn't hurt someone with it and now that she knew what it was, she just wanted to have a better look. She mindlessly tossed it into the box just this morning, spooked herself at the thought of it going off accidentally because of his clarification but she was feeling a tad bit adventurous now that he told her. She examined it but not for long, handing it back to him before she took a peek into the box to see if there were more potentially dangerous things she overlooked. Hearing him mention how the machines would just ask for help made her sympathize with them. She was desperate for help herself after the accident, she was hopeful for a long time to get some kind of solution. Alas, she could only work around her problem and accept it. "They are lucky they have you to listen to them." she smiled, "Are the things in the box useful to you? I would hate for you to get into trouble because of me..." she signed. She had no problem sticking around, but if it would raise an issue or if she was just wasting his time, she could find some other way to keep herself from piling more of her tears over a lost cause.

Out.Of.Crembrule. Coralyn communicates by Signing and Typing

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:55 pm
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Coralyn | Feeling : Neutral | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He nods, but tries not to elaborate more on the whole feeling aspect with the entity he communicates with. He's not sure himself how it works, so there is only so much that he can really talk about it. "There are a lot of unknowns, but we protect each other, so it counts for something." Regardless of whether or not they can actually feel things like pain, he still tries to respect their boundaries while they respect his. ”It can.” It can also be a pain in his a** because he's the only one who knows and hears and sees what they go through. It makes it hard not to look like a crazy person advocating for something that other people can't understand.

When he takes back the device, he looks it over a bit to see the health of it. It doesn't really look like it was used all that much. Which...he's not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Did the guy go hunting for something that would actually hurt people? That's not something Prom can get behind anymore. It's not who he wants to be. "I wasn't always the best listener but...we've found a groove that works for us." He looks around the shop before shrugging. Now that someone has brought it up, this place is really lacking in employees lately. He's not even sure the place opens when he's not here. "I won't lie to you, I have never even seen another person who works here since I started. I am sure I won't get into trouble when I control the camera feeds anyways." A reaches under the box so he can lift it up, carrying the scrap with ease so he can carry it over to the counter. "There is a lot I can use in here, so thanks. Are you sure you don't want anything in return for it? There is a lot of high dollar stuff in here." At least he's not pretending that the stuff is total worthless scrap like some people would. "I could pay you for it oooor, giving some mega gaming skill lessons...find a missing person for you?"

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:52 am
                                                    Corαlyn Dubois
                                                    𓆰 | I'm feeling Grateful, excited | I'm speaking to Prometheus Titus | Where am I? Mushroom kingdom | What am I wearing? Keeping warm

The woman was intrigued to say the least, quite exciting to hear of someone like him who could communicate with devices like that. It might have not been the same thing, but ever since she watched movies about talking toys and such, she wished she could do that but all that died after the accident. She still found it amusing none the less, more so meeting someone who could do exactly that. "I can imagine." she signed, watching the man with admiration, despite the little bomb he dropped on her when she first walked in.

Coralyn watched as he examined the device again, looking back at him as he spoke of his relationship with the objects. She oddly related to that, not that she could hear anything herself, but she was rather chatty as a child - loud and somewhat self absorbed. Life humbled her in the most irreversible way possible and she was forced to listen. But, she was still a child when it happened. She brushed away the thought quickly to not sink into another spiral of self pity before she smiled, "That is good, any good relationship to work requires communication." she signed with a proud nod, ironically lack of communication is what also destroyed her relationship with Aaron - but that wasn't something she wanted to focus on especially around a stranger. "I suppose you have that advantage." she signed with a little smile.

Stepping aside as she let him pick up the box, watching him do it with much ease as she started looking at herself and frowning at her lack of strength. Another thing she could maybe work on in this season of her wanting to be a better version of herself. Her ears perked as she looked back at him when he said she had a bit of useful stuff, her hand slowly trailing into her hair as she twisted her finger around a lock and considered taking money for it. Though, she wasn't very big in need of it, nor was she very materialistic to require something of high value in money - especially since it wasn't her things to begin with. Conflicted, she pursed her lips as she looked away for a moment and glanced back at him when he offered her alternatives. Was it foolish for her to consider forgetting the money? What would she do with it anyways? She had sufficient funds for an emergency and her parents would gladly offer help if really needed. She was content where she lived. "Gaming skill lessons?" she asked, her eyes lighting up at the thought of learning a new skill - a skill where she could bond with people better even. "You'd do that? I don't want to cause any trouble." she said, seeming rather excited by the prospect.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:45 am
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Coralyn | Feeling : Pleased | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

Its a good interaction for him. A healthier one than most he has had since coming here. Maybe it is because she reminds him a little of Marion with her gentle feeling aura and the lack of actual speaking at times. His old roomie became such a precious treasure of a friend because whenever he was struggling or at his wits end, she sat him down and gave him a cup of tea. They would sit together in silence and enjoy the quiet.

It was the only time that the tech would also quiet down and let him think when they weren't on great terms at the time. Oh how they have grown as beings since then. Now he can proudly talk about this other creature who follows him around and looks after him. Its cathartic to realize how much they have grown together, and how well their symbiotic kind of relationship thrives. "I am not the best communicator, and neither are they but...we try now. It took a lot of trial and error, but we managed to get here eventually." And he wouldn't trade his friendship with them for anything.

He pulls his over shirt off without unbuttoning it so he can straighten his short sleeve underneath. The cold doesn't necessarily bother him, but he tends to wear some layers to at least seem normal. It also makes him feel less conscious of the scars on his arms. However, it is hard to dig through the remnants of old tech with a long sleeve, so he sacrifices another stranger seeing the stories on his skin. He pulls out a few things in the box and immediately grabs some tools to start opening it up carefully. "I don't mind giving lessons. I taught someone how to use their phone before, and I have to often teach kids here how to use the machines without mashing everything in rage. Just uh, let me fix this guy. He's been screaming for a hot minute." He works quickly and efficiently, taking old parts not already apart of something in the box to fix any damaged components on the little android that was likely a prototype model for something bigger. It's a temporary solution until he can make it better and slowly upgrade it, but at least it should stop the shrill screams of pain that anyone else would just take as a light beeping sound.

When he is done, the beeping has eventually turned into a happy little tune and he's sighing in relief. "There we go. You will need more upgrades, but at least you aren't half dead anymore. Better?" The still model starts to move, an arm and a leg twitching before it is slowly standing up on wobbly legs. It looks at Prom and makes a happy little sound as it slowly steps towards him. "Careful, this one was crudely built without any AI integration, so I don't know how well it'll hold up. I will get it linked up to Promullar so he has a secondary body he can use, sound good?" The little android slumps against him with another pleased sound before he's lifting it up to carry it over to his computer behind the counter. After carefully setting it down, the android sits next to the device and gives the laptop a pat before Prom is plugging a chord into both and the robot's digital eyes displays hearts. "That must feel much better. It's low energy right now too. Just sit and rest, I'll have you up and running in no time. Promullar." The laptop's screen lights up to display a chibi Prom jumping up and down on the screen. "Gather your data and prepare it for the move, but hold off for now alright? I need to make sure this body can sustain your strength of AI first. You might fry it, so I need to upgrade before we can get you running." Chibi Prom gives him a thumbs up and a wink before waving to Coralyn. As Prom is walking away, you can see the chibi version of him clicking into files and running around the screen to move things around.

He steps out from behind the counter and motions for her to follow him so he can take her over to one of the simple games. Pac-man. "I am something of a biological computer. Promullar, the small version of myself that waved to you, is a copy of my brain who became sentient on his own. Usually he stays housed in my phone or my body, but I figure that I can give him a body of his own finally. Thanks for all the stuff, it'll be nice to use most of it to upgrade him and now I won't have to start him from scratch." When he reaches the console, the music starts and the screen brightens up. He gives the machine a pat before he's facing her again. "Okay, old girl is delicate, so don't slap her buttons like a maniac yeah? Have you heard of Pac-man before?"

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 am
                                                    Corαlyn Dubois
                                                    𓆰 | I'm feeling Excited | I'm speaking to Prometheus Titus | Where am I? Mushroom kingdom | What am I wearing? Keeping warm

It was nice to step out of the house, to get away from the memories that the cleaning brought with it and the memories she compiled into boxes to let go of. She met another really interesting person, this time, with an ability she never heard of before. The world was filled with such wonders and there she could have been adding to her pile of rocks by crying her eyes out over a man who didn't care enough to even leave with all his assets. No, he didn't need the time or space in her mind anymore and she was slowly coming to terms with that.

"The key is to try." she smiles. Yes, trying. She was trying even in her last relationship. She had a romanticized version of love in her mind yes, but she had been in a few relationships to see the practical side of it all as well. Nothing's perfect and nobody's approach is either, so it was evident why some didn't last even if she wanted them to. Though, communication wasn't limited to just romantic relationships. Some of her friendships were also flourishing thanks to it.

The woman watched curiously as the man slipped his shirt off, trying not to watch him and make things awkward, she looked away for a moment and then back. Her eyes caught onto the scars and her curiosity piqued. She glanced over as she wanted to ask - times like these she was glad she had no voice or she would have easily blurted her question out. "Take your time." she signed, looming over him while he worked on the item he needed to fix. She made a little gasp in amusement, hearing the light beeping stop as she wondered if it was thanks to him fixing it not just an alarm sound. "Was it damaged?" she asked curiously, making sure to get in his line of view to not let it go unnoticed.

The woman straightened up as she watched him seemingly finish his fixes and raised a brow. She tilted her head as she watched the little thing come to life and smiled brightly like she witnessed the most amusing thing. This was truly spectacular, watching the little machine act like it had a life. It reminded her of those old robot animals she saw on television and in the malls, though, this seemed to be working on more than just some pre-set commands. She followed the man with her gaze and then over to the laptop, spotting the smaller version of the man and gave an amused giggle. She felt like a child at a candy-store, smiling as she waved back and watched it work earnestly. "He looks like a tiny version of you." she signed, pointing to the little version of him and then over at him, soon enough he would reveal more about it.

Keeping her gaze on the little him running around, she took a moment to break her gaze and take a few steps, before she turned back over and tore herself from the amusing sight to follow him. Her gaze shifted from him back to the little robot sitting by his computer and smiled, looking back up at him. "So he is a little version of you." she smiled, nodding a little from him thanking her for the stuff, "Not like I have much use for them, I wouldn't have known what to do with them had you not offered to take them off my hands." she added.

Once at the machine, she looked curiously at it and heard the familiar sound. She nodded from his question, nodding even to the suggestion to not go ham on the buttons, "My sister and I would make trips around the arcade as children - before crowded places got a little much to handle.", before the accident happened, she meant to say. Though, she didn't have to bring that darkness over to a stranger she was just bonding with. By no means did she even imply she was good anyways, but she did have some idea on what she was doing. "I have to eat the dots and...avoid the ghosts? she says, trying to emphasize her confusion with her facial expressions. It has been years since she tried it, besides, her sister would take over when ever she seemed like she was loosing.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 am
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Coralyn | Feeling : Pleased | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

He clocked the curious looks at his scars, but was grateful that she decided not to ask or comment on it. It makes him feel better about not looking into her records in order to give her some privacy. It is tempting, but she's been nice so he does his best to resist as he works. "Not so much damaged as it was missing some parts and was running low on a power supply. It was likely that it was only meant to be a prototype to something so it got canned before being finished." Why it got canned could be due to any number of reasons he doesn't have answers to. The important part is now that it is no longer going to be scrap in a box slowly dying off. With him around, both the tech entity and Promullar will flourish in the android body.

He has seen many people gaze upon Promullar with a number of expressions and intentions. Most of them see him as an AI they can try to steal and exploit or some crazy piece of technology with just coding keeping him going. Others are indifferent to him, but it is surprisingly rare for him to get someone looking at the smaller version of Prom with wonder or amazement. Its such an innocent and childlike look that it reminds him of how Herc always stares at his tech stuff. From the eyes of someone who knows nothing about it, but still finds it fascinating. "Well, he is a copy of me, so I guess you could say that, yeah." He shrugs as she seems to brush off giving him the stuff, feeling even more like she is all around a good person and that is why Aaron wanted to protect her before. "Even still, you could have tossed them out, but you offered them up instead. So, both of us still thank you for your generous donation."

He looks pleased with her answers, feeling a little more relieved that she might know somewhat how to handle the arcade cabinets then. Unlike the heathen which had spilled soda all over it last time and played dumb about it. That wasn't the first time he wanted to strangle a kid here, and it probably won't be the last. "Exactly! To simplify it a little, the bigger dots turn the ghost blue so you can eat them to get more points. Some people will time those dots better to where all the ghosts are chasing you that way you can turn around and maximize points. And since you are new to it and you gave us some good tech, old girl here will give you a break and extend your lives, right girl?" He gives the arcade cabinet a pat before the screen lights up with a heart and the Pac-man lives extend all the way off screen.

Prom chuckles before he gives a dismissing way and shakes his head. "Oi oi, that is too many. We're giving freebies here but we aren't going overboard." Even still, he leans against it and motions for the girl to come up to the controls. "So I picked this one first because Pac-man only has one thing you use, and that is the joy stick. You turn the stick the way you want to go and that is about it. The buttons are only if there are multiple players taking turns. It is less you have to worry about while playing so it is a good starter."

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 am
                                                    Corαlyn Dubois
                                                    𓆰 | I'm feeling Grateful, excited | I'm speaking to Prometheus Titus | Where am I? Mushroom kingdom | What am I wearing? Keeping warm

The woman's gaze might have lingered a minute too long over his scars, but she did tell herself, it wasn't her place to ask. She had some of her own she was too conscious about showing anyone. The most obvious one might be easier to catch, but thankfully, she didn't have to explain about it either. while it wasn't as unpleasant as it used to be - the sympathetic looks and silence often made it rather awkward. She assumed it would be the same for him so she kept it to herself - even if she was a tad bit curious. "That is unfortunate. But, at least now he has a new life." she signed, watching curiously as the man worked on it, proving as a decent distraction from her thoughts earlier.

"He's adorable!" she signed, still seeing it as more of an avatar of the man but not really fathoming the extent of his abilities. Now that she gave a moment to ponder what she said and him clarifying it was a copy of him - she might have indirectly complemented him on his appearance. Was that odd? Well, she meant nothing besides the appearance it had was delightful. Oh gosh, she was turning red. She quickly brushed the thought aside as she focused on the box of things she got him now and exhaled. "You don't have to thank me, I was hoping some of the stuff I found would be useful to someone in some way." she smiled. If nobody would have taken them, her guilty conscious would at least turn some of the things into planters. Thankfully they wouldn't have to be ruined by soil anymore.

Her eyes lit up as she applauded to herself for her memory and nodded firmly as the man explained further. She shifted her gaze from him to the screen every now and then as he explained. She looked curiously from him to the screen when he spoke to the machine, her eyes widening as she saw some result of his abilities like he was talking to a real person. The woman bounced a little in place in excitement before stepping closer when he motioned for her to. Her hand moved to the joystick and it felt like the world around her shifted back to when she could barely stand before one without needing some help and her sister slamming away at some buttons either by her side or on a different machine - running around with her loot of tickets. She bit her lower lip as she braced herself for the challenge which wasn't necessarily that big for someone with a bit of experience with a game. But, Coralyn had drifted away from games for a good while so anything was a challenge at this point.

"It starts..from..." she signed in a little pause until she managed to figure it out herself, her hues locked onto the screen for a good minute as she carefully moved the joystick. She stiffened up and flinched at her first encounter with the ghost but still tried to keep her composure to not yank the joystick around. All noises - if any - limited to little whines or shrieks when she got too close and eventually lost the first time. She nearly forgot how quickly it would let her play again, thanks to the many lives they gave her, quickly tensing up as she tried to do better than last time and increase her score.

tiny14xx2
              Quote:

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:20 pm
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Mushroom Kingdom | Company : Coralyn | Feeling : At ease and relaxed | Residence : 1321 Ombre Housing District | Profile : Here | Occupation : Worker at Mushroom Kingdom | Status : Single | Voice Sample : Singing and Speaking | OOC : --

Luckily for her, Prom isn't someone who shies away from joking about compliments or his looks. He takes her comment on Promullar in stride with a grin. "Well of course he is. He gets that straight from the source." it's teasing and playful, not actually arrogant and self-absorbed. Objectively he thinks he is a handsome person, but as someone who doesn't like the look of himself in the mirror, he sometimes has a really hard time seeing anything appealing about himself. That is why with him, flattery gets you everywhere. He's probably bigger on validation than he likes to admit. "It was really useful, don't worry. He will drive me nuts running around the house for sure." He can already see the little android using Prom's voice as he chases after Herc's cat. "Maybe I underestimated the headaches I will be getting from now on when I started fixing it...." Oh well, it is too late now! He already promised to give the body to Promullar.

It isn't often that Prom gets to see someone bounce in childlike excitement and wonder over a game. He'd be lying if he said he didn't find it a little charming and cute for her to have that bit of innocence left in her. It's something he hasn't had for a long time, so seeing someone else's intact was kind of mesmerizing to him. "Glad to see you are pumped. You will need the energy for this game." As simple of a game it seems, it can still be pretty challenging.

As he is sure she learns shortly with her many attempts to clear the level. He whoops and hollers when she seems like she might get it, pursing his lips in a pout when she looses another life. When she makes it to the next level, he quietly cheers her on, sometimes giving pointers to avoid the ghosts. While he does this, he occasionally checks on Promullar and the resting android to make sure the diagnostics is going well, before he drifts back over to see how far she's gotten in her game. Over all, the day seems to be looking up.

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:18 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, αρяιℓ ⑳тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤⑤⑨
( ① чєαя, ⑥ мσитнs, ⑬ םαчs )