Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
should a Christian sell mary jane Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 pm
i moved to a state where its legal to have and sell and such, and i got a job selling it and such but im not sure if its the right thing or a trap. I dont feel bad about it cause its a job, but i dont feel peppy about it either.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 am
Batyah
i moved to a state where its legal to have and sell and such, and i got a job selling it and such but im not sure if its the right thing or a trap. I dont feel bad about it cause its a job, but i dont feel peppy about it either.

well i smoke and cultivate herb and at first with the propaganda and debunked studies out there one might think this is a violation of the temple law, the body is a temple and so it is to be treated as sacred, not to be destroyed by wreckless behaviour or harsh substances.
however the latest science on herb shows no correlation to negative lung health, it just so happens that more cigarette smokers smoke weeds than non cigarette smokers do, reguardless of weed or not, cigarette smokers had poor lung health,
suprisingly after 20 yrs of weed without a single cigarette the test showed no detremental effect.
likewise the latest neuro studies on the substance show that marijuana actually promotes brain cell growth, strengthens the neuroprotective layer on the synapses, and acts as a neuroprotectant, not to mention the alleviation of electrochemical resistors in the brain to allow for faster mental processing, and expanded awareness.
in short according to the latest data, there is no scriptural reason a christian shouldn't embrace weed,
those of tradition will claim otherwise, but scripture speaks for itself. god gave us every seed bearing plant for food, edibles are the #1 market in recreational cannibis. need i say more?  

servivigiledeus

Divine Spirit

12,475 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Newbie Hero 500

Biblical_Counselor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:11 am
servivigiledeus
Batyah

well i smoke and cultivate herb and at first with the propaganda and debunked studies out there one might think this is a violation of the temple law, the body is a temple and so it is to be treated as sacred, not to be destroyed by wreckless behaviour or harsh substances.
however the latest science on herb shows no correlation to negative lung health, it just so happens that more cigarette smokers smoke weeds than non cigarette smokers do, reguardless of weed or not, cigarette smokers had poor lung health,
suprisingly after 20 yrs of weed without a single cigarette the test showed no detremental effect.
likewise the latest neuro studies on the substance show that marijuana actually promotes brain cell growth, strengthens the neuroprotective layer on the synapses, and acts as a neuroprotectant, not to mention the alleviation of electrochemical resistors in the brain to allow for faster mental processing, and expanded awareness.
in short according to the latest data, there is no scriptural reason a christian shouldn't embrace weed,
those of tradition will claim otherwise, but scripture speaks for itself. god gave us every seed bearing plant for food, edibles are the #1 market in recreational cannibis. need i say more?

I actually tend to disagree with that. God did not create all plants for us to eat. According to Genesis 3, there were some things came after the fall. There were thorns, that was no present in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, and very possibly, Poison Ivy and other related plants that is not good for eating. Notice the word that is being used here. "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." No where it says about smoking or doing something that God didn't create for the purpose of what He intended it to do.

But then there is an addiction problem. Some people, if not a good majority that have used marijuana before, is highly addicted to it. It is about as addictive to drinking or smoking. We should not put stumbling blocks in front of somebody to cause them to stumble. (Romans 14:13)

Rather or not that marijuana has mental or physical effects, that is up to debate. However, we need to keep to the image of Christ. How would the world view us if we do the exact same things that they are doing? (Romans 12:1 & 2)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 am
I wouldn't feel comfortable with that myself. Even if it was state-approved. I thought you were talking about shoes! lol. That is how much I am into slang. "Shoes that need state-approving?!"

I know there is debate about whether it is physically damaging or not, but it is really besides the point. It reduces peoples ability to think critically. Increasing the chances of accidents, because it increases reaction-time and decreases your concentration in addition to your ability to think critically. It is an hallucinogenic which alters your perception of reality. I have read cases where marijuana caused psychosis. Let me ask; why do people so fervently defend it? If it was taken away from you, and banned what would you be loosing? Why are people so attached to it?

Does God want us to alter our perception of reality? To see things as through a haze?

This is a general principle. Though it speaks about wine, you can apply it to any substance altering your perception:

Ephesians 5:18
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

Romans 13:13
Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness

Carousing means: drink alcohol and enjoy oneself with others in a noisy, lively way.

Is it decent behavior, smoking marijuana?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

servivigiledeus

Divine Spirit

12,475 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Newbie Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:39 am
The_Creation_Center
servivigiledeus
Batyah

I actually tend to disagree with that. God did not create all plants for us to eat. According to Genesis 3, there were some things came after the fall. There were thorns, that was no present in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, and very possibly, Poison Ivy and other related plants that is not good for eating. Notice the word that is being used here. "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." No where it says about smoking or doing something that God didn't create for the purpose of what He intended it to do.

But then there is an addiction problem. Some people, if not a good majority that have used marijuana before, is highly addicted to it. It is about as addictive to drinking or smoking. We should not put stumbling blocks in front of somebody to cause them to stumble. (Romans 14:13)

Rather or not that marijuana has mental or physical effects, that is up to debate. However, we need to keep to the image of Christ. How would the world view us if we do the exact same things that they are doing? (Romans 12:1 & 2)

it absolutely isn't a chemically addictive substance, addictions to marijuana are exclusively due to personality disorders, and are the like of gambling, and video game addictions, merely the result of compulsive behavior. there is no comparison between a compulsive habit and a chemical dependency like alcholism which i've come out of and perscription opioid depndancy which i've also beaten thanks to the VA rehabilitation program, people who have problems from these and other destructive substances gravitate toward cannabis because it literally undoes the harm caused by those substances. the science is clear, and so is the word, there is no reason whatsoever a christian should be barred from smoking grass, unless as paul puts it it would offend, i know for sure not to bring any paraphernalia to your house, but i only ask that you'll pardon to know i have a heafty toke in private, it helps me focus spiritually for prayer and study.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 am
Garland-Green
I wouldn't feel comfortable with that myself. Even if it was state-approved. I thought you were talking about shoes! lol. That is how much I am into slang. "Shoes that need state-approving?!"

I know there is debate about whether it is physically damaging or not, but it is really besides the point. It reduces peoples ability to think critically. Increasing the chances of accidents, because it increases reaction-time and decreases your concentration in addition to your ability to think critically. It is an hallucinogenic which alters your perception of reality. I have read cases where marijuana caused psychosis. Let me ask; why do people so fervently defend it? If it was taken away from you, and banned what would you be loosing? Why are people so attached to it?

Does God want us to alter our perception of reality? To see things as through a haze?

This is a general principle. Though it speaks about wine, you can apply it to any substance altering your perception:

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

Carousing means: drink alcohol and enjoy oneself with others in a noisy, lively way.

that isn't a realistic portrayal of what cannibis is or does in the human body, this disinfo you're regurgitating is straight from the globalist mouthpiece, the fact is marijuana treats the symptoms of psychosis, and that is why people who have emotional disorders like myself gravitate to it, because it repairs the neurological damage caused by drinking, trauma, drug abuse, ect, literally opening the floodgates f neural activity. as for being a hallucinagen, if you knew the neurochem of the situation you'd know it doesn't corrupt or inhibit the flow of data in the brain, it accelerates it, it's not a hallucinogenic at all, it's the opposite ^-^ it helps to stabilize your intellectual and emotional processes, removing the fog that is ever present. it is largely for this clearer perspective that i use marijuana personally, however the cannibis in denver is of medical quality and is certified safe for consumption, if you're getting it illegally then there is no telling what chemicals could have been added to the hard chunk of dark green concrete you got from the shady guy in the alley, and then you're definately entering temple law territory, and the obediance to the law law as well, where Eashoa says you must adhere to the laws of the land [paraphrased] you should never break the laws no matter what, and you should never do anything to risk the temple of god, of course should you fall short Eashoa will guide you albiet with a firm hand which is necessary for proper response, still if you have doubts just say no, as for me the science and the word together are sure and i have no concerns, sometimes i'm wrong about things and eashoa corrects me, but on this thing everything flows well, that's my two cents and i urge you to make decisions not based on your heart, but on scripture and truth, whether you feel something is right is irrelevant to whether scripture dictates it is right or not, so don't take my word for anything, my long ramblings have nothing on the sweet truth found in scripture and the plain reality in front of us my brother here is of a more traditional conservative perspective, while i'm a "hip" libertarian, the thing we both realize is real is the sacrifice of Jesus of Nazereth, Eashoa M'sheekah, the life and salvatio of us all, and it is in the holy spirit that comes from reading god's word that will show you the proper way in all things, answers filtered through me or any of us brothers won't be as pure as it comes straight from the word 3nodding  

servivigiledeus

Divine Spirit

12,475 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Newbie Hero 500

servivigiledeus

Divine Spirit

12,475 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Newbie Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 am
Garland-Green

the thing is and i have to stress is it isn't perception altering, it accelerates processes in a biochemically organic way so that it actually benefits the system and it's function as a whole, you cannot compare opening your mind to shutting it down with alcohol, i'm not talking opinions brother, i'm talking science here. i don't know any stoners that are excessively loud. long story short marijuana is the opposite of every drug in the world legal or otherwise, it is anti-pharmakeia, by it's very nature and function. things like xanax blow holes in your system, while cannabis repairs those holes. and no you cant take some scripture out of context and apply it to something completely different, that's not being pure to the word, that's like skinning it and using the leather to bind a book of your own opinions, the word is whole and solid and alive, it is a grave error to pick it apart brother, never do so to revelations, a heavy hand indeed will descend upon the one who takes away or adds to that book. i know something about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am
Garland-Green

I do agree, full-heartedly. It is not something of what God had intended at all. ^^  

Biblical_Counselor

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 am
Well I got one heck oc a response before noon XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 am
servivigiledeus

I am studying medical science and pharmacology. I agree with your point of view that cannabis/ marijuana has therapeutic effects for bronchodilation, antiemetic effect, etc. But it can easily go to bad effects as well when people are addicted (It is the most illicit drug used in Australia)!

Everything is lawful, but not everything is useful. Let us not be a stumbling block for others.
Romans 14:13, 16, 21
"Decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother"
"So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil"
"It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble"

Blessing for you heart  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:42 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
servivigiledeus

I am studying medical science and pharmacology. I agree with your point of view that cannabis/ marijuana has therapeutic effects for bronchodilation, antiemetic effect, etc. But it can easily go to bad effects as well when people are addicted (It is the most illicit drug used in Australia)!

Everything is lawful, but not everything is useful. Let us not be a stumbling block for others.
"It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble"

Blessing for you heart
I could almost say thats the mos thoughtful post . Thank you ^^ no arguing no accusing just here is a bit from the truth have a nice day. I love it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am
150+ Scientific Studies Showing the Dangers of Marijuana  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:05 am
Batyah
Meili Kyumee Youichi
servivigiledeus

Blessing for you heart
I could almost say thats the mos thoughtful post . Thank you ^^ no arguing no accusing just here is a bit from the truth have a nice day. I love it.

Thank you Batyah 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:33 am
cool. I dint belive though this is all accurate. Like alcohol marajuana can bring out whats already whithin but in a diffrent level. Alcohol brings out whats on your heart where.marry janr brings oit whats in your head. Basicly If your nuts It can amplify It with the right strain. Or like me I am very Introvert and It amplified that.Now I can see a danger from any form of igesting any plant because of chemicals usee to grow and protecy the plant. That stuff if more dangerous. On the flip side iv seen and felt what it can do. I use a topical cream with high cbd and very low thc. What I use it for is my cronic shoulder pain that Iv had in a brace for a while now and have tried more traditional meds to just be edging the pain.
It works wonders without getting me the classic high everyone talks about. And pluses to this is i am no longer dependent upon my hypoglycimia and i feel my brain has woken up. Where other pain killers made me veg this one has brought it back. It also reduces swelling guving me function back in my hand .
Also I have anxiety, ptsd, depresion, and a hint of skitso. I havent had an anxiety attack yey nor have I been depressed while using my stuff. I have had extreamly shorter flash backs and havent had any flair ups of my skits.

Now dont get me wrong I love science. Unfortunetly many people are in the busness of paying for bad news on stuff and that equals alot of propaganda thats not always true. Two months ago I would have been on the mary jane if evil campain but from my experience with my self and at least 100 people I think someones not telling the whole truth about this plant. That being said this isnt all for you Green is more of to all responce. Love ya brother ^^

P.s. pot=obesity XD all the smokers I see that gave been doing it a while are slinder people so this makes me laugh.  

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:43 pm
Batyah
cool. I dint belive though this is all accurate. Like alcohol marajuana can bring out whats already whithin but in a diffrent level. Alcohol brings out whats on your heart where.marry janr brings oit whats in your head. Basicly If your nuts It can amplify It with the right strain. Or like me I am very Introvert and It amplified that.Now I can see a danger from any form of igesting any plant because of chemicals usee to grow and protecy the plant. That stuff if more dangerous. On the flip side iv seen and felt what it can do. I use a topical cream with high cbd and very low thc. What I use it for is my cronic shoulder pain that Iv had in a brace for a while now and have tried more traditional meds to just be edging the pain.
It works wonders without getting me the classic high everyone talks about. And pluses to this is i am no longer dependent upon my hypoglycimia and i feel my brain has woken up. Where other pain killers made me veg this one has brought it back. It also reduces swelling guving me function back in my hand .
Also I have anxiety, ptsd, depresion, and a hint of skitso. I havent had an anxiety attack yey nor have I been depressed while using my stuff. I have had extreamly shorter flash backs and havent had any flair ups of my skits.

Now dont get me wrong I love science. Unfortunetly many people are in the busness of paying for bad news on stuff and that equals alot of propaganda thats not always true. Two months ago I would have been on the mary jane if evil campain but from my experience with my self and at least 100 people I think someones not telling the whole truth about this plant. That being said this isnt all for you Green is more of to all responce. Love ya brother ^^

P.s. pot=obesity XD all the smokers I see that gave been doing it a while are slinder people so this makes me laugh.

I agree there's a lot of science that can hardly be called science out there, that has questionable motives. Bare in mind also that there are pro-groups paying for positive studies. In light of it consider who has more to gain, and what the gain is? I've got no personal vested interest in calling for people to consider if it is really as good as people who use it claim, and to really think things through in light of Scripture. I have got no money invested in this, no time, no interest in using the plant. Personally I gain or lose nothing, if people use it, or don't use it. I am thinking here in a large scale, what it could do to the body of Christ. What it could do to you - if it is damaging. If this is really what we are called to do? I am thinking of what this means collectively if it is endorsed and approved.

I love you too, it is why I am spending time writing you. I want what is good for you because you are my sister. I hear you say that it has improved some of pains and aches, but have you considered what other ailments it could potentially carry with it?  
Questions & Answers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff