Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
should a Christian sell mary jane Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:03 pm
servivigiledeus
The_Creation_Center
servivigiledeus
Batyah
i moved to a state where its legal to have and sell and such, and i got a job selling it and such but im not sure if its the right thing or a trap. I dont feel bad about it cause its a job, but i dont feel peppy about it either.

well i smoke and cultivate herb and at first with the propaganda and debunked studies out there one might think this is a violation of the temple law, the body is a temple and so it is to be treated as sacred, not to be destroyed by wreckless behaviour or harsh substances.
however the latest science on herb shows no correlation to negative lung health, it just so happens that more cigarette smokers smoke weeds than non cigarette smokers do, reguardless of weed or not, cigarette smokers had poor lung health,
suprisingly after 20 yrs of weed without a single cigarette the test showed no detremental effect.
likewise the latest neuro studies on the substance show that marijuana actually promotes brain cell growth, strengthens the neuroprotective layer on the synapses, and acts as a neuroprotectant, not to mention the alleviation of electrochemical resistors in the brain to allow for faster mental processing, and expanded awareness.
in short according to the latest data, there is no scriptural reason a christian shouldn't embrace weed,
those of tradition will claim otherwise, but scripture speaks for itself. god gave us every seed bearing plant for food, edibles are the #1 market in recreational cannibis. need i say more?

I actually tend to disagree with that. God did not create all plants for us to eat. According to Genesis 3, there were some things came after the fall. There were thorns, that was no present in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, and very possibly, Poison Ivy and other related plants that is not good for eating. Notice the word that is being used here. "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." No where it says about smoking or doing something that God didn't create for the purpose of what He intended it to do.

But then there is an addiction problem. Some people, if not a good majority that have used marijuana before, is highly addicted to it. It is about as addictive to drinking or smoking. We should not put stumbling blocks in front of somebody to cause them to stumble. (Romans 14:13)

Rather or not that marijuana has mental or physical effects, that is up to debate. However, we need to keep to the image of Christ. How would the world view us if we do the exact same things that they are doing? (Romans 12:1 & 2)

it absolutely isn't a chemically addictive substance, addictions to marijuana are exclusively due to personality disorders, and are the like of gambling, and video game addictions, merely the result of compulsive behavior. there is no comparison between a compulsive habit and a chemical dependency like alcholism which i've come out of and perscription opioid depndancy which i've also beaten thanks to the VA rehabilitation program, people who have problems from these and other destructive substances gravitate toward cannabis because it literally undoes the harm caused by those substances. the science is clear, and so is the word, there is no reason whatsoever a christian should be barred from smoking grass, unless as paul puts it it would offend, i know for sure not to bring any paraphernalia to your house, but i only ask that you'll pardon to know i have a heafty toke in private, it helps me focus spiritually for prayer and study.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) activates brain cells that release the chemical dopamine. Psychoactive drugs (cannabis, heroin, cocaine and alcohol) are believed to exert their euphoric effects by stimulating dopamine release. Release of the neurotransmitter results in feelings of pleasure and reward and contributes to reinforcement of the behavior that led to dopamine release. That's how all addictions work... It has to do with your own reward system. Addiction can happen to anyone. Saying it could not happen to you - is fooling yourself. If you are someone suffering from depression, or mental disorders, self-medicating is always ill-advised.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:17 pm
servivigiledeus
Batyah
i moved to a state where its legal to have and sell and such, and i got a job selling it and such but im not sure if its the right thing or a trap. I dont feel bad about it cause its a job, but i dont feel peppy about it either.

well i smoke and cultivate herb and at first with the propaganda and debunked studies out there one might think this is a violation of the temple law, the body is a temple and so it is to be treated as sacred, not to be destroyed by wreckless behaviour or harsh substances.
however the latest science on herb shows no correlation to negative lung health, it just so happens that more cigarette smokers smoke weeds than non cigarette smokers do, reguardless of weed or not, cigarette smokers had poor lung health,
suprisingly after 20 yrs of weed without a single cigarette the test showed no detremental effect.
likewise the latest neuro studies on the substance show that marijuana actually promotes brain cell growth, strengthens the neuroprotective layer on the synapses, and acts as a neuroprotectant, not to mention the alleviation of electrochemical resistors in the brain to allow for faster mental processing, and expanded awareness.
in short according to the latest data, there is no scriptural reason a christian shouldn't embrace weed,
those of tradition will claim otherwise, but scripture speaks for itself. god gave us every seed bearing plant for food, edibles are the #1 market in recreational cannibis. need i say more?

What I highlighted here came off as a giant red flag for me. As someone who has a background in a pagan religion that was based on expanding your own perception, your consciousness by yourself, I can honestly say it is dangerous territory. I am starting to wonder if it falls under Galatians 5:20. According to Strong's Concordance the Greek word for where we in English use sorcery is φαρμακεία, derived from the word from pharmakeuó (to administer drugs). We are told in Scripture to renew our minds through Christ. (Romans 12:2, Romans 12:1-2) I don't believe there's any room for expansion through any other practice. It is the Holy Spirit that is supposed to do this kind of work in us, not herbs. It is the Holy Spirit that reveals things to us, and makes us understand the things of God.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm
Garland-Green
Batyah
cool. I dint belive though this is all accurate. Like alcohol marajuana can bring out whats already whithin but in a diffrent level. Alcohol brings out whats on your heart where.marry janr brings oit whats in your head. Basicly If your nuts It can amplify It with the right strain. Or like me I am very Introvert and It amplified that.Now I can see a danger from any form of igesting any plant because of chemicals usee to grow and protecy the plant. That stuff if more dangerous. On the flip side iv seen and felt what it can do. I use a topical cream with high cbd and very low thc. What I use it for is my cronic shoulder pain that Iv had in a brace for a while now and have tried more traditional meds to just be edging the pain.
It works wonders without getting me the classic high everyone talks about. And pluses to this is i am no longer dependent upon my hypoglycimia and i feel my brain has woken up. Where other pain killers made me veg this one has brought it back. It also reduces swelling guving me function back in my hand .
Also I have anxiety, ptsd, depresion, and a hint of skitso. I havent had an anxiety attack yey nor have I been depressed while using my stuff. I have had extreamly shorter flash backs and havent had any flair ups of my skits.

Now dont get me wrong I love science. Unfortunetly many people are in the busness of paying for bad news on stuff and that equals alot of propaganda thats not always true. Two months ago I would have been on the mary jane if evil campain but from my experience with my self and at least 100 people I think someones not telling the whole truth about this plant. That being said this isnt all for you Green is more of to all responce. Love ya brother ^^

P.s. pot=obesity XD all the smokers I see that gave been doing it a while are slinder people so this makes me laugh.

I agree there's a lot of science that can hardly be called science out there, that has questionable motives. Bare in mind also that there are pro-groups paying for positive studies. In light of it consider who has more to gain, and what the gain is? I've got no personal vested interest in calling for people to consider if it is really as good as people who use it claim, and to really think things through in light of Scripture. I have got no money invested in this, no time, no interest in using the plant. Personally I gain or lose nothing, if people use it, or don't use it. I am thinking here in a large scale, what it could do to the body of Christ. What it could do to you - if it is damaging. If this is really what we are called to do? I am thinking of what this means collectively if it is endorsed and approved.

I love you too, it is why I am spending time writing you. I want what is good for you because you are my sister. I hear you say that it has improved some of pains and aches, but have you considered what other ailments it could potentially carry with it?

i like rom 14:12-21 about stumbling blocks and such. and i also think God made everything good its man that made things bad. as far as side affects for the bad, my personal choice is now mary jane vs the Vicodin i was givin. which did mess me up worse then i hurt. i can function on pot not on pain killers that damage liver kindneys and the brain very quickly.
but thats just me. i find it esier to talk to people who are on pot cause they are less hostile but can still have a deep conversations. so it works out in my book.
iv not found people being addicted to mary jane , bt its only been like a week and half since i steped into this world.then again you can get addicted to anything like making money. everything in moderation. but yeah i agree if it impairs the ability to spread the truth then yeah it is prolly not good.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:31 am
Batyah
Garland-Green
Batyah
cool. I dint belive though this is all accurate. Like alcohol marajuana can bring out whats already whithin but in a diffrent level. Alcohol brings out whats on your heart where.marry janr brings oit whats in your head. Basicly If your nuts It can amplify It with the right strain. Or like me I am very Introvert and It amplified that.Now I can see a danger from any form of igesting any plant because of chemicals usee to grow and protecy the plant. That stuff if more dangerous. On the flip side iv seen and felt what it can do. I use a topical cream with high cbd and very low thc. What I use it for is my cronic shoulder pain that Iv had in a brace for a while now and have tried more traditional meds to just be edging the pain.
It works wonders without getting me the classic high everyone talks about. And pluses to this is i am no longer dependent upon my hypoglycimia and i feel my brain has woken up. Where other pain killers made me veg this one has brought it back. It also reduces swelling guving me function back in my hand .
Also I have anxiety, ptsd, depresion, and a hint of skitso. I havent had an anxiety attack yey nor have I been depressed while using my stuff. I have had extreamly shorter flash backs and havent had any flair ups of my skits.

Now dont get me wrong I love science. Unfortunetly many people are in the busness of paying for bad news on stuff and that equals alot of propaganda thats not always true. Two months ago I would have been on the mary jane if evil campain but from my experience with my self and at least 100 people I think someones not telling the whole truth about this plant. That being said this isnt all for you Green is more of to all responce. Love ya brother ^^

P.s. pot=obesity XD all the smokers I see that gave been doing it a while are slinder people so this makes me laugh.

I agree there's a lot of science that can hardly be called science out there, that has questionable motives. Bare in mind also that there are pro-groups paying for positive studies. In light of it consider who has more to gain, and what the gain is? I've got no personal vested interest in calling for people to consider if it is really as good as people who use it claim, and to really think things through in light of Scripture. I have got no money invested in this, no time, no interest in using the plant. Personally I gain or lose nothing, if people use it, or don't use it. I am thinking here in a large scale, what it could do to the body of Christ. What it could do to you - if it is damaging. If this is really what we are called to do? I am thinking of what this means collectively if it is endorsed and approved.

I love you too, it is why I am spending time writing you. I want what is good for you because you are my sister. I hear you say that it has improved some of pains and aches, but have you considered what other ailments it could potentially carry with it?

i like rom 14:12-21 about stumbling blocks and such. and i also think God made everything good its man that made things bad. as far as side affects for the bad, my personal choice is now mary jane vs the Vicodin i was givin. which did mess me up worse then i hurt. i can function on pot not on pain killers that damage liver kindneys and the brain very quickly.
but thats just me. i find it esier to talk to people who are on pot cause they are less hostile but can still have a deep conversations. so it works out in my book.
iv not found people being addicted to mary jane , bt its only been like a week and half since i steped into this world.then again you can get addicted to anything like making money. everything in moderation. but yeah i agree if it impairs the ability to spread the truth then yeah it is prolly not good.

Romans 14:12-21 is about dietary issues... "You must eat this, or not eat that - because it is unclean".

Romans 14:19-21
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

Maybe you are just confusing someone disagreeing, with hostility?

There are obviously people who are addicted to marijuana - or there wouldn't be any need for treatment centers that specialize in it. Supply and demand. If there was no addiction problem connected to Marijuana use, there would be no one offering treatment. It is kind of hard to say just based on what a person says if the person is addicted or not, or simply observing a person. People hide their addictions, and there are several reasons why someone would want to come off as if they are not addicted. Social stigma, to protect their image (it has been mentioned here that only those who are inclined/weak get addicted), being worried that they will be nagged about quitting etc.

Residential Treatment Center

Quote:
i also think God made everything good its man that made things bad

In Genesis God curses the ground, and is telling Adam that things will not be so pleasant and useful for him anymore. There are plenty of plants out there that are poisonous for man to eat. Saying that God made everything good for man to use, and that it is only a conceptual bad (?), falls short I feel of considering the curse and the nature and intent of the curse.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:53 am
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Addiction?

A symptom is something the patient senses and describes, while a sign is something other people, such as the doctor notice. For example, sleepiness may be a symptom while dilated pupils may be a sign.

Substance dependence - when a person is addicted to a substance, such as a drug, alcohol or nicotine, they are not able to control the use of that substance. They continue taking it, even though it may cause harm (the individual may or may not be aware of the potential harm).

Substance dependence can cause powerful cravings. The addict may want to give up (quit), but finds it extremely difficult to do so without help.

The signs and symptoms of substance dependence vary according to the individual, the substance they are addicted to, their family history (genetics), and personal circumstances.

The person takes the substance and cannot stop - in many cases, such as nicotine, alcohol or drug dependence, at least one serious attempt was made to give up, but unsuccessfully.

Withdrawal symptoms - when body levels of that substance go below a certain level the patient has physical and mood-related symptoms. There are cravings, bouts of moodiness, bad temper, poor focus, a feeling of being depressed and empty, frustration, anger, bitterness and resentment.
    There may suddenly be increased appetite. Insomnia is a common symptom of withdrawal. In some cases the individual may have constipation or diarrhea. With some substances, withdrawal can trigger violence, trembling, seizures, hallucinations, and sweats.

Addiction continues despite health problem awareness - the individual continues taking the substance regularly, even though they have developed illnesses linked to it. For example, a smoker may continue smoking even after a lung or heart condition develops.

Social and/or recreational sacrifices - some activities are given up because of an addiction to something. For example, an alcoholic may turn down an invitation to go camping or spend a day out on a boat if no alcohol is available, a smoker may decide not to meet up with friends in a smoke-free pub or restaurant.

Maintaining a good supply - people who are addicted to a substance will always make sure they have a good supply of it, even if they do not have much money. Sacrifices may be made in the house budget to make sure the substance is as plentiful as possible.

Taking risks (1) - in some cases the addicted individual make take risks to make sure he/she can obtain his/her substance, such as stealing or trading sex for money/drugs.

Taking risks (2) - while under the influence of some substances the addict may engage in risky activities, such as driving fast.

Dealing with problems - an addicted person commonly feels they need their drug to deal with their problems.

Obsession - an addicted person may spend more and more time and energy focusing on ways of getting hold of their substance, and in some cases how to use it.

Secrecy and solitude - in many cases the addict may take their substance alone, and even in secret.

Denial - a significant number of people who are addicted to a substance are in denial. They are not aware (or refuse to acknowledge) that they have a problem.

Excess consumption - in some addictions, such as alcohol, some drugs and even nicotine, the individual consumes it to excess. The consequence can be blackouts (cannot remember chunks of time) or physical symptoms, such as a sore throat and bad persistent cough (heavy smokers).

Dropping hobbies and activities - as the addiction progresses the individual may stop doing things he/she used to enjoy a lot. This may even be the case with smokers who find they cannot physically cope with taking part in their favorite sport.

Having stashes - the addicted individual may have small stocks of their substance hidden away in different parts of the house or car; often in unlikely places.

Taking an initial large dose - this is common with alcoholism. The individual may gulp drinks down in order to get drunk and then feel good.

Having problems with the law - this is more a characteristic of some drug and alcohol addictions (not nicotine, for example). This may be either because the substance impairs judgment and the individual takes risks they would not take if they were sober, or in order to get hold of the substance they break the law.

Financial difficulties - if the substance is expensive the addicted individual may sacrifice a lot to make sure its supply is secured. Even cigarettes, which in some countries, such as the UK, parts of Europe and the USA cost over $11 dollars for a packet of twenty - a 40-a-day smoker in such an area will need to put aside $660 per month, nearly $8,000 per year.

Relationship problems - these are more common in drug/alcohol addiction.

Some substance/alcohol abusers who are not technically addicted may also suffer from or cause some of the descriptions mentioned above, but they do not usually have the withdrawal symptoms of an addict or the same compulsion to consume the substance.

[Source]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 am
Garland-Green
Batyah
Garland-Green
Batyah

Romans 14:12-21 is about dietary issues... "You must eat this, or not eat that - because it is unclean".

Romans 14:19-21
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

Maybe you are just confusing someone disagreeing, with hostility?

There are obviously people who are addicted to marijuana - or there wouldn't be any need for treatment centers that specialize in it. Supply and demand. If there was no addiction problem connected to Marijuana use, there would be no one offering treatment. It is kind of hard to say just based on what a person says if the person is addicted or not, or simply observing a person. People hide their addictions, and there are several reasons why someone would want to come off as if they are not addicted. Social stigma, to protect their image (it has been mentioned here that only those who are inclined/weak get addicted), being worried that they will be nagged about quitting etc.

Residential Treatment Center

Quote:
i also think God made everything good its man that made things bad

In Genesis God curses the ground, and is telling Adam that things will not be so pleasant and useful for him anymore. There are plenty of plants out there that are poisonous for man to eat. Saying that God made everything good for man to use, and that it is only a conceptual bad (?), falls short I feel of considering the curse and the nature and intent of the curse.
everything is permissible not everything is beneficial. That being said plants that are poisonous to us are still here for a reason. For example the red berry that makes humans sick help feed the birds.we see it as bad but its still good. Everythunh created has a purpose and a reason.even if it is cursed. I believe there are things God hid in this world like puzzles and mysterys just for us to find because He knew it would be fun having us discover things. The poisonus plant may be part of a cure or even just waiting to be bread with something to make it a superfood. Wedont know but its here for a reason. As far as thc concers thats why I get low thc and high cbd. Because I dont want that high I want to end the pain. Anything can be misused thays just one way man makes things bad. And please dont think im being hostile cause I dont mean to be.  

Batyah

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Questions & Answers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers