Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
Grocery Store Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Skye glanced at the male, her head tilted to the side a little bit before she gave a soft chuckle at his comment. "Ah see, but you can never be too careful though. I've accidentally bumped into people and they tried to kill me with their glares before." She said with a sight shrug. She got the glares more often than not... maybe it was because back during her depressive state she looked like a homeless person rather than just dressing like one. No, she really was doing a lot better. She had gained almost all of her weight back and the bags under her eyes were back to their normal darkness so she just looked tired rather than like she was trying to mimic a raccoon. "Thanks." She said as she took the bag from him. "Skye." She told him as she placed the bag in her cart. "I've been living here for a few months now." She couldn't quite remember the exact day she moved in, but she wasn't really concerned about keeping track either.

──────────────────────────────────
                                      x ᴘʀᴏғιʟᴇhere x ᴅᴀᴛιɴɢnobody x sᴛʏʟᴇBleh x ᴏᴏc -
                                      EchoMonroe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
☽ I can be your heavenly or I can be your hell
I can say a prayer for you or I can cast a spell ✬

♠мøηяøє♣
==== ☠ ====

Monroe snorted a bit at her comment about people trying to kill her with a glare. If looks could kill he was sure he'd be dead a thousand times over from various strangers. Having lived most of his life in the south he was very used to death glares from disapproving hypocrites. "I've never lived somewhere like here before," he said ",I don't know how anyone keeps all the streets and places straight." Despite appearances he was a born and bred country boy at heart. The city held it's own beauty but he'd mainly came here as a chance at escape, hoping against hope to find a better life. "Well anyways," he sighed ",it's a pleasure to meet you Skye." He held his hand out for a shake and he knew his grandmother would roll over in her grave if she knew he'd offer to shake a woman's hand. Old traditions are dead granny. Sorry.

✬ I push you to the darkness just to pull you to the light
Cause I can take away your breath or I can bring you back to life ☾

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      "This city is smaller than the one I grew up in." She said. "It can be a little weird when people are nice." She said with a soft chuckle. "Truthfully I don't. I usually just use my phone's gps if I want to find a specific location." She said with a soft chuckle. She had gotten a few places locked down in her memory though. The grocery store being one such place, the other two were the beach and Micky C's. Other than that, she either used her phone or just wandered around until she found a place that looked interesting enough. Eyeing the male's hand for a second, Skye reached her own hand out and shook his. "Nice to meet you too Monroe." She responded before thinking for a second. "Are you hungry?" She asked. "Because there's an Asian food restaurant near here that I've been wanting to try out. I'll pay." She said with an added smirk. Was asking someone you just met to eat lunch with you too forward? No... this was how you made friends wasn't it? You hang out together, talked to each other random crap? She wouldn't really know since the last time she tried to make friends was back in high school..

EchoMonroe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 am

♠мøηяøє♣
==== ☠ ====

Monroe nodded remembering the bit about the GPS. In truth he didn't use his phone much but he was seeing it would probably come in handy. At the mention of food Skye had his complete attention. "I'm always hungry,' he answered with a smile ",but I insist on at least covering my half, My granny would roll over in her grave if I ever let a lady pay for my food when I had he cash in my pocket." His grandmother had done her best to instill classic southern values into him, most of them didn't stick. He was pretty open to the idea of making a new friend in this city. It'd be nice not to be alone all the time.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Chuckling softly as Monroe said he would pay for his own food, Skye shrugged a little bit. "If you insist." She said. Truthfully she probably would have done the same exact thing if someone had offered to buy her food. Especially a stranger as she would be wondering if they were going to want something out of it. Shaking her head a tiny bit, she glanced at her cart. Luckily she didn't have any frozen foods that she was going to have to worry about while they were inside the restaurant. "I drove here, so if you want, you can keep your stuff in my car." She said, she hadn't seen what his selections were, so she didn't know if he had frozen goods or not. If he did, she supposed she wouldn't mind driving him to his house first so he could put them away. If he wanted to even get in her car or let her know where he lived of course.

EchoMonroe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 pm

♠мøηяøє♣
==== ☠ ====

"That'd be great." Monroe sighed in relief ",I don't have a car yet so I'm having to use public transit to get around." He glanced at his own basket and was thankful to see there was nothing that had to go into the fridge right away. His previous trepidation about the woman started to ease a bit. There was something...strange about her, for lack of a better word, but whatever it was didn't feel malicious. He could tell she held no ill intent against him or else she wouldn't be offering what she already had. No, she was going out of her way to be kind. He had decided there must just be something about her nature that held a predatory edge to it. He'd heard the same thing about himself, that that's why people found him intimidating.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

EchoMonroe

Fallen Prophet

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, נυℓч ②⑧тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑨③
( ⑨ мσитнs, ⑳ םαчs )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:51 pm
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After a few morbid jokes to strangely brighten up the mood, the couple was ready to head out and grab some well needed groceries… Well, at least they were once Driz got on his sunny protection gear. The sunglasses were easy enough to put on one handed, but the jacket proved to be more difficult for him. After losing a whole arm - the one that had the fully fingered hand - Ceres took notice of Driz’s behavior. Trying to work with one hand was easily to tell how frustrating it was. Even Nyx, back in the day, grew more and more frustrated with her one good leg and one wooden one. She could only imagine how Driz felt right now. Quietly, the Dryad helped him slip his arm in, and also made sure that it wouldn’t fall off. While he probably didn’t want the help, she couldn’t help herself. She was a helper!

As soon as they got the jacket situation under control, Ceres held onto his hand and walked closely by his side as they traveled to the grocery store. The whole walk there, she was very, VERY cautious of others just simply walking past them. She tried not to display too much anxiety and discomfort, but after each person they walked past, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. Almost as if she was double checking to make sure that he was physically there and okay. Her anxiousness didn’t go away once they reached the building. It got a bit worse, in fact. The multiple customers going in and out of the store made her only more and more nervous. Eyes darted side to side, watching each and every person. ” W-We’re here…! Let’s hurry and grab what we need, okay? “ Ceres stated in a shaky voice while running off to grab a cart, only to scurry back once she had one in her grasp. First thing they needed were oranges, right? Ceres wanted to make sure they got what he wanted/ needed for himself in the house.

☆ mood: Nervousxxx☆ company: Drizyrr xxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
The weapons we bring are our souls
You know, You know
You know what it means to feel real
So rise up, claim the sky
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He hated to admit it, but he had been hoping she would help him out. He had no clue how other people managed to live on their own with only one good arm, but he had definitely found that at least for now, the only way he would get by was with extensive help from her. Once he was finally completely covered so that no pesky sun beam could burn him alive, they made their way to the store. The whole way there, he noticed Ceres clutching tightly to him, especially anytime they passed someone on the sidewalk. Was she afraid that someone would attack them? or was she trying to keep him with her, ensuring that no one would take him away? Either possibility was absolutely heartbreaking (saying he even still had a heart), and hopefully in time he would find a way to reassure her that most people were not murderers, and no one was going to take him from her. He made sure never to let go of her hand unless she broke away from him, and to walk very close to her, so that his continued presence might instill some sort of comfort in her.

As they approached the store, he couldn't help but think that they had made a mistake. Surely a locale which only dealt in the bartering of food stuffs would be a collection of small stalls manned by conniving farmers, right? This giant block of a building he saw before him made absolutely no sense. However, Ceres seemed to be of the opinion that this was the correct place, so he followed her lead. Walking in, he barely held in a gasp as he looked about the place wide-eyed; there were aisles upon aisles of various food stuffs he had never even seen before! What sort of eldritch world was this? Ceres darted off and grabbed a strange metallic wheeled basket of sorts, and began pushing it along. "Yes...let's do. Is now a bad time to admit that I have never been in such a store before?" He would have loved to explore more thoroughly, with her aide of course, but Ceres seemed to become more and more anxious by the moment, and an episode would definitely not help her recover. "First things first, is there anything in particular you think you would like to eat? I believe I can still cook, even if I am down an arm." He did really want to get some oranges, but it was more important that he ensured she recovered than providing himself with his favorite food of all time.

"Long was the hour for the valiant knight that would ne'er be sick or slain
Lonely the bower in the candle light with neither kith nor kin
Storm clouds over the full moon raced, as he swung to the dapple grey
And man and horse to the westward faced on the eve of an All Saints' Day.

He's laid his hand on his hunting horn and with his dying breath
Has blown a blast to the blazing morn that would rouse the angel of death
High in the cusp of the starry night he heard his grey hawk mew
As out of the misty morning light his ghostly greyhounds flew.

Waillee waillee my noble lord who wakes me from my rest
There's none can heal the wounds of time that lie bloody on your breast"

Relationship: Engaged
      Mood: Focused
          Pain: ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎ ⚕︎
              Ooc: __

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:26 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Making small conversation with him seemed to help calm her down a tad. Ceres was still sensitive about others being around and/or too close to either of them, but at least having a small chat would aid in keeping her mind off of it. She began to walk straight to the produce section when Driz admitted that he had never been the grocery store before. Eyes widened in surprise, the Dryad was fairly shocked. ” You haven’t been here before? Well, there’s always a first for everything, dear~ “ She replied in a somewhat more chipper attitude. Had she really not taken him shopping before? Thinking back on it now, they haven’t really been grocery shopping at all together. She had always kept the fridge stocked back before the whole ex-wife incident, so there was never really a point to make a big trip until today.

When the topic of food came about, Ceres came to a blank. Her appetite wasn’t how it used to be, so she couldn’t think of anything that she was really craving for. ” Umm… I’m not sure. I’ll just eat whatever you want. “ The first thing that came to mind that they really needed were oranges. She knew how much he liked them and she couldn’t stand to see the sight of him sucking on an over-ripe lemon again. Making a beeline for the orange display, Ceres went ahead and plopped two big bags of them into the cart. They were on sale, so they were able to get more for cheap! They had to get other stuff, too. They couldn’t just survive on oranges! Driz might try, but they needed something with more sustenance besides citrus fruits. That’s when she started to pick up a few more things around the produce section.

☆ mood: Nervousxxx☆ company: Drizyrr xxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

Drizyrr Zaulyl

Was it really so surprising that he had never been here before? I guess it made sense, it begged the question of how he had been getting by up to that point. He was resourceful, he had found alternative hopefully legal methods. "Makes me wonder what other firsts I might be completely oblivious to." Probably most anything I remember from my former home would have an opposite I have yet to explore here. Was...was he actually getting a little homesick? Maybe that was not the correct word for it, but he had to admit that he did miss a few things from his subterranean residence of almost 600 years. Though frankly it was mostly confusion that he faced these days. He knew the ways of the Underdark and its denizens, knew how to survive and shelter his few morals that had yet to be stripped from him. But up here, this world did not truly want him around, sought to destroy him at every turn, yet its completely alien culture seemed also to welcome him with open arms. It was all just confusing to a man too old to easily relearn how to live. "Whatever I want, you say? In that case, how long do you think we can survive off of oranges alone? Or are they too rare to have a steady supply?" As if in answer to his question, they came upon a display with bag upon bag of the tangy divinity. Much to his dismay, his body reacted of its own volition, instantly beginning to salivate as it imagined sinking teeth in the soft flesh...Great, now he was having vivid daydreams about fruit. How the mighty fell. Also in answer to his question, Ceres began grabbing other things from the produce section. Knowing he still had a lot to learn, he asked her what the various things were, except of course the ones he already knew (which was sadly little). "And you have experience preparing all of these? You must be a culinary wizard." That or he was extremely sheltered. Probably both. Hopefully, his amazement would help to mask the fact that he was asking the names of different items despite the names being written on signs in front of them.

Mood: Curious
              Ooc: __

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:43 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres chuckled a bit when Driz questioned whether or not if they could just simply eat oranges. That was definitely something he would do, but she didn’t want him to just eat one fruit forever! Where is the fun in that? ” Honey, you can’t just eat oranges for the rest of your days. I mean… you could, but what would you do if you get bored of them, ya know? Eat too much of a good thing and then you’ll end up sick of the taste, or maybe your taste buds will stop being able to taste it! You don’t want that do you? “ The last bit was slightly an exaggeration, but nonetheless, what if it did happen?! The body was mysterious in the way it worked, so maybe one day the taste buds would just start being unable to process the true flavor of the orange. Seeing the hungry look in his eye and the way he was just salivating like a dog, the Dryad started to unravel the bag of oranges. Luckily, it was priced per package and not by pounds, so it wouldn’t matter if he snacked on a few. Besides, she was sure she had seen a few mothers do that with their children from time to time. Pulling the fruit out, she peeled the fragrant skin off and started handing Driz a couple slices in his hand. He deserved it since he was able to get her out of the house. Plus, it was to make up for him having to eat a rotten lemon.

Diverging from the produce section, Ceres started to wander through each of the other aisles just to see what was there. By now, the cart would’ve been filled to the brim with junk food, but her stomach wasn’t all the way there yet. ” I’m not a culinary wizard, you know that, silly~ Heck, I hadn’t even been able to cook a proper meal until you came around with that fire of yours. “ It almost felt like a century ago from when they first met. Thinking on it brought a small smile to her face in nostalgia. Those were definitely the good ol’ days, but looking down at the engagement ring on her finger, there were bound to be plenty more where that came from!

☆ mood: Nostalgicxxx☆ company: Drizyrr xxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending."

Drizyrr Zaulyl

Behind the deep dark of the sunglasses he wore, his eyes grew wide with incredulity as Ceres off-handedly remarked that should he attempt to live solely off of oranges, he might eventually come to dislike the fruit, or worse yet, may come to not sense their taste. That would be a dark day for him indeed. Well, by the standards of this new land it would be a dark day. Compared to some of the things he had witnessed back in his home of eternal night, it was quite the small price to pay. As if to make up for the darkness of her previous statement, Ceres began to peel one of the oranges and hand the slices to him. Was that stealing of a sorts? Were they not taking the product of someone's labor without fairly compensating them for it? That would be what he would have assumed, but despite Ceres's recent work on his ex-wife, he still couldn't imagine her doing anything even remotely illegal. I cannot even use her victory as a sign of mal intent, the act seems to have haunted her greatly, though I imagine most of her recent trauma was from the loss of her sister and the fact that her whole world was nearly destroyed. He wondered if she would ever truly recover from it, but then bashed the idea away: of course she wouldn't. If someone as cruel and blood-stained as him had yet to get over some of his kills, there was no way someone as pure as her would.

"Just because you never used the oven or stove doesn't mean you never cooked a proper meal. I have seen plenty of things on this surface world that do not require heat in order to make a meal. Plus you had that..." great, now he was showing his age. Every now and then he would just sort of forget words. He would like to think that in his defense, he knew several languages, and this was not his primary one, but the fact remained that he had used this one almost exclusively for several months now, so it was still a sign of failing memory that he sometimes forgot pieces of it. "box with the buttons that heats things quickly. That things was useful enough." Granted, it would be considered unwise to consume raw most of the things in the Underdark. Most everything was poisonous or deadly in some fashion, and the feeble immune system of humanoids needed all of the help it could get against such lethal odds.

He noted the small smile she sported, still not as jovial as she normally was, but infinitely better than she had been of late. Had his time with her really meant that much to her? Could memories of their early courtship still bring a smile to her face? He knew it meant everything to him, but he was a minor character in this drama, to be used for the betterment of the heroine. But Ceres was a heroine, and for his presence to have impacted her so greatly, it brought a light and warmth to his soul that he had not felt in a great many centuries. He gently wrapped his arm around her waist. Though her waistline had changed, he still felt the same heat and comfort he had found in her since the day they had met. Well, later in that day, for in the beginning he had been terrified of her. He was not yet so changed that he questioned why he had been afraid, but he knew now that he would always find happiness, warmth, and comfort in her, no matter the situation.

Mood: Peaceful
              Ooc:

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games