Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Pasadena Housing District
1201: Bree Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 am
User ImageUser Image
ωhere Bree's l ωith -- l мood Emotionally Drained l Outfit Summer Heartbreak

OoC: Sorry for all the quotes! gonk
Galaxious Yums
Quote:

Whoo!

What a day it had been! Out all day with his new friend Allix, scuba diving. Despite all his ho-humming, he had a great time. He tried his very best not to drag down the mood but Allix had been able to pick up on it. It couldn't be that hard as he was throwing off waves of anxiety and depression. These feelings were drastically different from his character and that's probably what made it so easy to detect. Even so, the beauty of the deep couldn't keep his mood down for long. All of the coral and fish! Plus, Allox was just good company. She was a breath of fresh air that he needed. At dinner, she had told him exactly her thoughts on his predicament even though she hadn't been around to experience it herself. He tried to explain it the best he could, giving both sides of the story instead of just his. He needed another perspective and that was exactly what she gave him. While blunt, and somewhat unapologetic, she gave him the kick in butt he needed to get his head on straight. She was entirely right. The only way he could even hope to win his wife back was to show her that he meant every promise. Every dream. His small gestures were great and all, but they wouldn't prove that he was actively making changes to show Bree he was serious about getting her back and making things up to her. This thought process is what brought him to the front door he was currently standing in front of. After dinner with Allix, making sure she got home alright, he made a beeline straight for his former home. Memories of happier times bubbled to the surface and he gave the collar of his shirt a tug as his chest felt tight. Clearing his throat, he fumbled around for his keys, hoping that he hadn't thrown away the house key in his haze as another person. Pulling the cat themed lanyard from his pocket, golden hues checked every single key on the keyring.

The 3D key with a house on the end was distinct on his keyring. He made sure to commemorate his first house with a literal house key. Finn chuckled at the silliness of it all, but he had just been so excited to own his first house, with his wife no less, that when he saw it, it just had to be done. He would not have settled for any other type of key. The one shaped like a house had to be his and had to be to his very first! The key to his new place was just a simple brass key that he hadn't chosen anything special for. He really didn't want to have to live there. Alone. It wasn't that it was a horrible place, it was just incredibly lonely. Finn was a people person and living alone constantly reminded him that he had all but destroyed his marriage. Sighing heavily as he unlocked and opened the door, he peered inside. "Hello?" he called as the door swung ooen slowly. It was late at night by now. Finn pulled out his phone to look at the time. Geeze! 10:52pm. He had been out longer than he originally thought! Looking back at the driveway, he didn't notice a car and surmised that maybe Bree wasn't home. Walking through the threshold, he closed the door behind him and made his way to the garage door first. No car, or bike. Bree wasn't home. Was that for the best? She hadn't replied to his earlier text which was also why he was invading her personal space. It was to be expected. Why would she want to talk to him any further? While he was determined to make things right he also wanted to give her ample space to process things. Turning back to the rest of the house from the garage, he took in the scene before his eyes. Had a hurricane come through? Pfft! Yeah, her name was Aubrey. She had really done a number on this place. Was the whole house like this?

With a sigh and roll of his eyes, Finn walked into the living room to start picking things up. He may not live here anymore but he just couldn't part with his key. Other than the gifts she had gotten him over the years, it was the only thing he had left of her. Well, plus his wedding ring. He didn't want to part with anything because it felt so permanent. He didn't want any of it to be permanent! There had never been any guarantee that things would be fixed when he came back, but it still hurt that she was so sure that nothing could be fixed. Maybe she just needed time. How much, he had no clue. If she would even want to see him during that time was unclear also, but he would most definitely make himself known. He had a new determination to prove her thoughts on him wrong. While he wouldn't encroach on her life, he wouldn't just sit back and watch as someone else stole the love of his life. Yeah, he was going to be bitter about that for a while, but Finn was sure he and Tyrese would be brothers again. Finn didn't know how to hold a grudge; it just wasn't in him. Chewing on the inside of his lip, he lamented on the bitterness and tried to clear his mind. For now, he would just do what he could for his wife.

Rolling up his sleeves, he cleaned through the kitchen, making sure to stuff the dishwasher as full as possible before cleaning the rest by hand. When he was finished cleaning his way through the kitchen, he stopped at the bottom of the stairs, holding the railing as he looked up to the second floor. Was he afraid to go up? Would he find a sleeping Bree, passed out from her obvious rager? Rolling his lips together, he pursed them forward before taking the chance. He was slow to get up the steps, quiet in case she was actually here. Reaching the landing, Finn picked up a turned over and broken picture frame. Pulling the broken pieces of glass from the frame, he stared down at the picture of he and Bree, pressed cheek to cheek and smiling huge for the camera. It was taken during one of their first trips to the carnival on Mykronos Island. There was a cone of eaten cotton candy in his hand as he had his arm draped over her shoulder. The brunette chuckled softly at the picture. At least his most recent trip was a good one. Though unexpected, he did have a good time meeting Allix and showing her new food. Placing the picture back on the wall, he slipped into the bathroom to throw away the glass and grab a broom to sweep up small pieces on the floor. He made his way through each room, straightening and cleaning things.

Stopping at the master bedroom, Finn hesitated. The door was open so he knew Bree wasn't home, but he was unsure of stepping foot into the room. It looked exactly as he left it, despite the clutter on the floor. So far, he had been just fine going through the house but now? The most vulnerable and intimate of memories were in this room. "But you already have a family!" Golden eyes shut tight at the memory of talking to Bree about leaving to meet his birth parents. She hadn't really been mad, more frustrated that he didn't seem to accept her parents like they had him. Even after all this time. It had never been about that! He had just wanted to know where he came from. Was there something he would discover that he never would have known otherwise? Were his parents mutants like him? Why had they given him away? He still called Bree's parents by Mr. and Mrs. out of respect, not because he didn't accept them as his family. "A father. You're going to be a daddy!" Tears welled in his eyes. Finn hit the floor as a sob shook his shoulders. The day she had told him, it had been just like any other. Their daily lives, apart from her rushing out of Sucre's without a word to him. He had been worried about the sudden rush and found her at home after a quick search of her usual hangouts. Totally clueless! He hadn't suspected anything until he was actually holding the positive test in his hand; even with the baby items she had gotten. Both thrilled and terrified, everything changed. He wanted everything to be perfect for his growing family and because of that, he isolated himself. Deep down he knew everything would be okay, but fears he didn't even realize he had surfaced and reared their ugly heads. "ARGH!" Finned shouted, voice cracking and punching the floor as hard as he could.

Sniffling, he wiped his eyes as he brought his head up. He was better now, he promised! He knew how to handle things better than before. Inhaling as deep as he could, he made sure to dry his face as he cleared his throat while entering the room. The memories hit him hard as he began cleaning. Everything was a painful reminder of what he had broken. Even if he wanted to make things up to her, the memories didn't discriminate. They reminded him of the love they had shared; something she was now sharing with another man. He would do whatever it took to get them back. As he was finishing up with the room, he had an idea. It was one that would likely go unheeded, but he wasn't doing it for recognition. Whilst he wanted that, he would no longer be doing things solely for that reason. If he were to do things for, or even with, Bree, he would do them whether they were noticed or not. Pulling his phone back out from his pocket, he scrolled through his contacts as he walked down the hall to the stairs. The number didn't seem to be in his contacts. Luckily, he remembered the number! He felt a bit of irony every time he remembered anything now. Dialing the number, he wasn't sure if they would even answer the phone. It was late, but they also acted like regular teenagers.

"Hey mom, dad-..." he began as he bogged down the stairs. "I know it's late and I'm sorry for calling now, but I would rather do this now; despite still being late. I don't know if Bree had a chance to tell you yet, but I disappeared because I had gone looking for my birth parents and ended up having an accident that caused me to lose my memory. That's-That's not actually what I wanted to say-" He was starting to fumble. The voicemail cut him off and he had to be the weirdo that called again. "I just wanted to tell you what happened if you were wondering, but I really called for another reason. I wanted to apologize. For everything. My parents raised me better and I should have just done what you asked. I never meant to make you guys feel like I never accepted you as family, I was just trying to be respectful. You two had always been very welcoming since I began dating your daughter and I never meant to squander that-" It cut him off again. "You were-...Are, my in laws. My family. I'm sorry it took so long to tell you that. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I know I hurt your daughter and you have every right to hate me for it, but know that she is the last person I would ever want suffering. I have every intention of making things right and trying to fix things-..." This time his phone died. Welp, it was unlikely they will hear the last bit, but at least they would know he was a crazy person calling them so much, so late.

Walking back into the kitchen, his phone sliding into his pocket, he leaned against the island and looked around. Letting his gaze wander through the kitchen and living room, he reminisced a little longer before deciding on leaving. Moving into the living room, he grabbed the notepad sitting by their only landline and the pen. Pressing the pad against his hand as he began to write, he made sure to place it somewhere she was going to see it. The only place he knew was a guarantee was the bedroom. Ripping the paper from the pad, he placed it on the nightstand while he placed his note on the bed. When he was finished he once again made his way downstairs and to the front door. Taking one last look, he closed the door behind him and locked it.

Bree Bird,
                                        You silly girl, leaving the house such a mess. I took the liberty of cleaning everything up so the house was clean when you come home. Can you believe it? Me, Finn, cleaned the whole house! I made sure Dime and Clementine were also taken care of, so no need to worry. I hope you have fun tonight. My stuff is packed. I will be by later for it and I hope you'll be here. You don't have to talk to me, I just want to see you. No matter how much you hate me and are hurting, I beg you not to suffer alone and let me be there for you. I hope to see you later. XO
                                        Love, Finn

[EXIT]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:49 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, αρяιℓ ⑳тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤⑤⑨