Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre
What's your Favorite Horror Movie or Anime Series

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 pm
This is one of my favorite times of year. Being close to Halloween you can watch new and old Horror movies on TV and in the theaters. Their are also a lot of video games and Anime / Manga horror series that come to mind At conventions I look for people that dress up in their favorite horror series cosplay outfits.

I'm curious, what is your favorite Horror Movie, TV series, Anime series, and video game is.

Mine are the following:

Favorite Horror movie - Nightmare on Elm Street
Favorite TV Series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Favorite Anime Series - Blood +, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, Claymore
Favorite Video Game Series - Resident Evil  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:50 am
Favourite Horror Movies - Too many! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shinning, Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity, etc.
Favourite TV Series - American Horror Story
Favourite Anime Series - Soul Eater, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Hakuoki, Attack on Titan, Ghost Hunt, Inuyasha.. wait, is this for more of a scary anime? I haven't watched too many horror-type anime.
What would you suggest?
Favourite Video Game Series - Persona, Alice/ Alice Returns, Left4Dead

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Favorite Horror movie - Too many! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shinning, Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity, etc.
Favorite TV Series - American Horror Story
Favorite Anime Series - Soul Eater, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Hakuoki, Attack on Titan, Ghost Hunt, Inuyasha.. wait, is this for more of a scary anime?
Favorite Video Game Series - Persona, Alice

Stephanie, a girl after my own heart. Very nice list of horror movies and series. smile I remember when the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie came out in the 1970's. It was very scary for it's time. The Shining was a really good one as well. Soul Eater is one of my all time favorite Anime's. It has a lot of Halloween Theme stuff in it and anything related to my Halloween birthday I can't help falling for. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
Favorite Horror movie - Too many! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shinning, Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity, etc.
Favorite TV Series - American Horror Story
Favorite Anime Series - Soul Eater, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Hakuoki, Attack on Titan, Ghost Hunt, Inuyasha.. wait, is this for more of a scary anime?
Favorite Video Game Series - Persona, Alice

Stephanie, a girl after my own heart. Very nice list of horror movies and series. smile I remember when the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie came out in the 1970's. It was very scary for it's time. The Shining was a really good one as well. Soul Eater is one of my all time favorite Anime's. It has a lot of Halloween Theme stuff in it and anything related to my Halloween birthday I can't help falling for. smile

AWW, haha, I do love horror movies a lot. I love Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I used to watch it on repeat- weird, right? The Shinnning is a classic. I studied that one in school and learned to really appreciate it. Soul Eater- omg, I completely agree! It is one of my favourites as well; from it's art style, to plot, to individual characters- it's amazing!  

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 am
Favourite horror movie: Ringu (the japanese original of course)

Horror TV series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anime: Kyou Kara Maou, Dragon Ball + Z, Ayashi no Ceres, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Magi 1-2., Inuyasha, Candy Candy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:08 pm
Will of Locksley

Anime: Kyou Kara Maou, Dragon Ball + Z, Ayashi no Ceres, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Magi 1-2., Inuyasha, Candy Candy.

I'm happy to meet another Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. I happen to own the entire series on DVD and the entire Angel series as well. I even have on my wall the 2015 Buffy calendar and many books. smile I use the Buffy series rules about vampires, etc as a standard. I compare all other vampire series and movies to it to see if they measure up.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:46 pm
Will of Locksley

DBZ and Inuyasha <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:17 pm
smithers456
This is one of my favorite times of year. Being close to Halloween you can watch new and old Horror movies on TV and in the theaters. Their are also a lot of video games and Anime / Manga horror series that come to mind At conventions I look for people that dress up in their favorite horror series cosplay outfits.

I'm curious, what is your favorite Horror Movie, TV series, Anime series, and video game is.

Mine are the following:

Favorite Horror movie - Nightmare on Elm Street
Favorite TV Series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Favorite Anime Series - Blood +, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, Claymore
Favorite Video Game Series - Resident Evil

Mine are the following:

Favorite Horror movie - N/A
Favorite TV Series - N/A
Favorite Anime Series - Blood +, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ao no Exorcist, Kuroko no Basuke, many more...[otaku]
Favorite Video Game Series - Final Fantasy, Assasin's Creed, many more..[gamer]  

TimeDevourer16

AnimePinku620

Dapper Rabbit

2,950 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:16 pm
I hate horror movies, my favorite anime is maho tsukai prettycure. My favorite anime movie is a studio ghibli one...The cat came back!!  
Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games