Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Annihilationism; False Bible teaching/doctrines of men.demon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 am
Annihilationism?

I would like to add something. I notice Christians and other's call JW's Mormon's 7th Adventists at "CULT"s. This term is falsely used they are OCCULTIC. They HIDE truth they do not 'cult-ivate' truth. Even though they proclaim they do. I liken them to a pagan group with a Christian Mask. And that mask is usually to the ignorant converts who do NOT do their research nor test the spirits.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:21 am
I think calling them "occultic" would be a bit unfair. Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who just interpret certain parts of Scripture differently. Mormons are very misguided by their following of Joseph Smith though they are still Christians because they confess Jesus as the Messiah. Seventh-day Adventists interpret Scripture as the Jews did in the centuries before Christ, but are nevertheless Christians. They are not Satanic in their denominations, but some, like the Mormons have a skewed view of Scripture. There are many other denominations that may be misguided as well. I personally prefer not to subscribe to a particular Christian denomination.

Lady Vizsla

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:03 pm
Lady Kariel
I think calling them "occultic" would be a bit unfair. Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who just interpret certain parts of Scripture differently. Mormons are very misguided by their following of Joseph Smith though they are still Christians because they confess Jesus as the Messiah. Seventh-day Adventists interpret Scripture as the Jews did in the centuries before Christ, but are nevertheless Christians. They are not Satanic in their denominations, but some, like the Mormons have a skewed view of Scripture. There are many other denominations that may be misguided as well. I personally prefer not to subscribe to a particular Christian denomination.

It should not come as a surprise to people that there are those who call themselves Christians, but are not...

Romans 16:17
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

The super-apostles that talked bad about Paul to the Corinthians... Who do you think sent them? Why do you think they were there?

2 Corinthians 11:5
I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

There is one truth. Not a million different truths. There is only one way to God, and that means everyone saying they know the way can't be right. There is only one Jesus - not a hundred different ones. What we believe about Jesus is important. We have to believe in the real historical Jesus as He is revealed to us in Scripture, as He actually is. We know error from truth by diligently comparing what those who say they come with the truth to the Scriptures. If you compare Mormon doctrine and JW's doctrine to the Bible you will find major discrepancies. These errors are so grave many of them, that they obscure Jesus, and keep people from a saving knowledge.

There are wolves in sheep's clothing in the flock, claiming to belong. Saying they are Christians. Don't trust every spirit, or every person you encounter who claim to be Christian. Make sure you test everything, and every spirit. A skewed view of Scripture is not from God... It is not an innocent mistake either.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:23 pm
Note that both the Jehovah's witnesses, the Mormons and the Seventh Day Adventists believe they are the remnant church. The only true church.

Remnant = "What is left of a community after it undergoes a catastrophe".

The Mormons call themselves the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I should have done more research. It was not quit right of me to put it that way. The Remnant Church of the Later Day Saints is a split off of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

"The Remnant Church considers itself to be a remnant of the Church of Christ as founded by Joseph Smith in 1830, and not the RLDS Church, thus being the "one true church"." - Wikipedia.

It is a fairly recent branch of Mormonism formed back in 2000, but as a result of policy and leadership changes in the 1970's and 1980's.

[Edited June 23rd 2015. New text in italics.]

Joseph Smith believed via his vision that he was to be the prophet designated from God to bring about the one true church, the remnant church of the Lord.

This is divisive. The truth doesn't belong to just one particular denomination.

lds.org goes on to call the church established by Joseph Smith the True Church, as if those that are established after it, or before it are false churches...

The Organization and Destiny of the True and Living Church

Also a quote from lds.org:

As a young boy in 1820, Joseph Smith wanted to know which church was true. As he searched the Bible for help, he read that he should ask of God. Acting on this counsel, Joseph went into the woods near his home and prayed. Suddenly, a light shone above him and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him. When Joseph asked which church he should join, the Savior told him to join none of the churches then in existence because they were teaching incorrect doctrines. Through this experience and many others that followed, the Lord chose Joseph to be His prophet and to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ and His Church to the earth.

[Source]

They believe the Gospel was lost to the world, and that they are now the only ones in possession of it. That is has been restored by Joseph Smith. It flies right in the face of our Lord, when He said Satan would not prevail over the church (Matthew 16:18.).

The 144 000 of the Jehovah's witnesses. Today the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that only 144,000 of their people are going to make it to heaven. “Does the Bible show that some people will go to heaven? Yes, the Bible does teach that a limited number go to heaven for a special reason.” (Watchtower 2/15/1984 p.4)

The remnant church is a visible, historical, organized body characterized by obedience to the commandments of God and the possession of a unique end-time gospel proclamation. Adventists have traditionally equated this "remnant church" with the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.

A distinct but related concept is the eschatological remnant, which will be manifest shortly prior to the second coming of Jesus. The "remnant church" is understood to act as a catalyst for the formation of this group. The eschatological remnant will consist of some (but not all) constituents of the present "remnant church", together with a cohort of believers from other (that is, non-Adventist) churches. Only members of the eschatological remnant will be saved through the end-times.

Traditionally, Adventists have also applied the symbol of "Laodicea" to themselves, a self-criticism as being "lukewarm" in the faith (Revelation 3:15-16).

The Adventist doctrine of the end-time remnant is based primarily upon Revelation 12:17, which states:

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." (King James Version)

An estimated 90% of Adventists believe "The Adventist Church has a special mission to proclaim God’s last message to the world", according to estimates of local church leaders in a 2002 worldwide survey.

The church manual also outlines two alternative baptismal vows for candidates who are entering into church membership. The final question of the traditional longer vow (question 13) asks the candidate:

"Do you accept and believe that the Seventh-day Adventist Church is the remnant church of Bible prophecy and that people of every nation, race and language are invited and accepted into its fellowship? Do you desire to be a member of this local congregation of the world church?"

The Seventh-day Adventist Church has traditionally identified itself as the end-time "remnant church" described in Revelation 12:17. Two of the identifying marks of the remnant listed in this verse are that they "keep the commandments of God" and have the "testimony of Jesus". It is held that the "commandments of God" refer to the Ten Commandments, which includes the fourth commandment regarding the seventh-day Sabbath. In addition, Revelation 19:10 equates "the testimony of Jesus" to the "Spirit of prophecy", which Adventists believe is a reference to the ministry and writings of Ellen G. White. The Adventist church is therefore unique in possessing these two identifying marks of the remnant church.

[Edited May 2nd 2016. Links added.]

Eternal torment or annihilation?
"How is eternity in hell a fair punishment for sin?"  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:28 pm
Lady Kariel, they accept He is the Messiah, but reject His deity. It's dangerous because it's so subtle. But that's neither here or there, because you can still figure it out even in their Bibles. The group couldn't hide it all. razz (Revelation chapter 1 for example...John chapter 21) But it's up to God to open there eyes not me.

EDIT: Check out the subforum: "Cults, heresies and the like.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:40 am
Lady Kariel

Sister, I don't think Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian. They don't believe that Jesus is God.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

1nstrumental

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:02 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
Lady Kariel

Sister, I don't think Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian. They don't believe that Jesus is God.

Amen, they believe he is michael the arch angel.
Had a study with one, very sweet lady.
She was brainwashed by her religion.

They deny christ and believe in works overy faith.
While yes, works are just as important as faith, if you deny christ than all you got is works..  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games