Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 am
The night came...and passed as event-less as one could hope. Murmurs still flitted through the shadows...but there was no more open hostility or other mutinous signs for the evening.

In the early grey dawn of the next morning, the crew was roused by a shout from the lookout. They had been nearing the last known location of the previous ship, so a watch had been placed round the clock to alert the crew of the first sign of clues to what had happened.

The sight ahead did not speak well for the fate of the other ship.

A curve of rocky shoals lay ahead; the crew rushed to pull sails and slow their speed before they got too close. All through the area, debris floated on the water. Splintered wood here, off to the left a tattered remnant of sail...a portion of the mast had become wedged between two barnacle-covered rocks. Near that, what seemed to be the remains of a lifeboat lay stranded, possibly impaled on the rocky shoals. Pieces of the destruction lay scattered in all directions, but there was little movement aside from the pieces floating on the waves.

Though a somber realization had settled over the crew, there was still work to do. And who knew how far those shoals reached out beneath the water. Voices rang out as orders were barked to navigate safely around the area, extra watches being posted to keep eyes on the water for submerged dangers.

The shouts carried over the water, breaking the silence, and only sharp eyes would have noticed a trace of movement from the wreckage. What had appeared to be only a bundle of sail caught in the lifeboat seemed to stir. The movement seemed to dislodge the rough cloth, which fell away to expose a figure huddled beneath. One wing shifted weakly, pushing the cloth back to fall further, which exposed a second angelic wing, this one hanging at an awkward angle, with torn, tattered feathers serving as signs of some trauma suffered. The female seemed dazed...disoriented...her minimal movements uncoordinated and listless. Despite her condition, she appeared to be quite lovely.

She slumped against the inside of the lifeboat, which revealed she'd been shielding a much smaller form. A little girl, seeming in much better condition for being sheltered, wiggled free of the other to see what the noise was. Her eyes widened at the sight of the ship in the distance, and she grabbed the adult's arm in an attempt to shake her to wakefulness.

Back on the ship, up in the crows' nest, the lookout's eyes widened and he hurried to shout to the crew below, "Survivors!"

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 pm
Reasonably sure no one in his crew meant to harm another, Kurt was finally able to sort of relax. This meant he slept well and worried just as much. Frustrated and concerned, the angel forced it away as the new day dawned. Instead, he threw himself into working, any moments pause leading to concern. Besides the issues on the ship, so far things had shown themselves to be uneventful. That put him on edge.

If he had no idea that there was the potential of danger, this would have been one of the best times of his life. While a land pae through and through, he enjoyed working with the crew and getting to know them. For the most part, even the grumbly ones were good company.

Watching the cliffs as the others watched the water for threats, Kurt took a moment to take a deep breath before really looking. Something was a threat, a danger. The question was, where did that come from.

As if on que, the call went out, survivors. Attention fully grabbed, Kurt took the air to get a better look. While slightly off kilter due to the sword at his side, he was more then capable of holding his own in the air. In the few breaths between when the call came and when he acted, everything was flying through his head.

This could be a trap, wounded duck out to draw them in before the unseen force attacked. Or they could be witnesses to the events and able to relay them. In the end, he only hesitated between a few thundering heart beats. "Lower the sails, only drop the anchor if the ship drifts too far." They had to be at the ready, just in case.

Gathering his bag, the blankets would come in handy with the injured angels. "You and You, with me, I'll need help getting them back to the ship." Pointing to two crew members, an angel and a demon, he made it clear who was voluntold.

Without waiting, he trusted they would follow his command. If they didn't, he hoped they had well enough reason. Rather then worry, he took off flying in steady pace towards the two. Concern for them was no excuse to gets sloppy and he tried to keep awareness to his surroundings. He wasn't unarmed, sword on his belt and the other trinkets at hand, but he had only limited offensive abilities. The crew he couldn't protect on his own, so awareness was the best strategy.

Every bit the father, he had at least a small smile on his face as he got closer, not wanting to show anything but friendliness to the wounded survivors. Whatever they had been through looked horrific.

FA Mysteries

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:57 pm
The approaching Pae from the ship seemed to alarm the child, who squeaked and hurriedly attempted to hide beneath the adult angel once more. She stirred slightly, turning hazy eyes on the newcomers. It seemed to take her a moment to process, then fear flickered over her expression and she drew the child beneath her protectively.

There was little room to land, at least safely. There would be room for Kurt to land on the other side of the lifeboat, though it would set it rocking haphazardly when he did so. The crew members he'd brought along with him would have to circle before finding outcroppings of the rocky shoal to cling to. These were not easy landings and had they not been sailors used to clinging to riggings, likely would not have been attempted. Once landed, they waited for orders from their current 'captain'.

Down in the remains of the lifeboat, the angel cowered, shielding the child from Kurt. 'S-stay away!" she stammered, her voice carrying more strength than she seemed to have left. She was crouched over on her knees, arms wrapped around the child. She winced, as if preparing for the final blow to come, holding that for some time. When it didn't come, she opened her eyes, puzzled, turning them on Kurt. They begged for answers...for help...for mercy...for compassion, all at once.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm
"Keep an eye about." His words were directed to the crew members with him. A reminder to stay vigilant. While they perched he remained airborne. Landing would risk getting too close to the frightened angels. Never in his life had he seen anypae react the way the young adult was behaving. Reminded him of an abused animal, expecting a hit. What in the name of the Guardians would harm her and the child in away to make them behave like this?

This troubled him. If there were actual pae doing this, then he could not rest until they stopped for good.

A problem for another time.

Compassion and warm answered her fear. "My lady, we will not harm you or the child. If you will allow, we'll fly you back to our ship. You and the little one will be tended to. We'll see you to safety." And the healing house. What could be done on the ship could not come close to all that they would need.

It also occurred to him that they would be potential witnesses to whatever was happening to the ships.

Offering his hand, a symbolic gesture as he wasn't close enough to touch her. He added, "I am father myself. You have my word that I will do everything in my power to help and protect you both." Silently he begged her to take the offer. They couldn't force her, well they could but that itself would be bad, it was up to her to take the chance. It was safer with them than here.

FA Mysteries

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm
She seemed to want to believe...but he could still be one of them. Though, would he really need to worry about taking her off-guard, considering the shape she was in? She looked from Kurt, to the child, then back again to the male.

After a moment, she said quietly, "Prove it." Obviously weak, she shifted to a more comfortable position, but remained where she was, clutching the child protectively. "We've had little water and even less food since the..." she hesitated, then finished, "...in days." She looked down as the child looked up, then attempted to smile and smooth her hair tenderly. The woman turned large, soulful eyes on Kurt, full of hope, but not so ready to trust. "...have you anything on that ship you're willing to share first?"

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm
While being out in the open with an unknown threat possibly out there made him nervous, he didn't fault the angel at all. She had a child to look after. There was no doubt in his mind he'd be the same way. He admired the young angel. For all she seemed to have endured, she showed such bravery.

Taking in her reasonable request, he took off his backbag and pulled out a small bag made of a banana leaf. Inside were treats his son and niece 'made' for him. Just a handful of sun-dried banana slices with a little honey. It was his son's favorite. "Here, my son loves these. Maybe she might as well." Again he was careful, not wanting to spook her or crowd them. It was a slow descent, just low enough that he could drop the small parcel to the ladies below.

As soon as he had, he backed off a little still giving them room. Looking to the demon and angel he motioned to the demon, "Go back to the ship and see if we can round up some fresh water and food." The island was right there, if they ran low on those supplies more could be easily gathered. Right now, it was a good idea to help the both of them feel more comfortable. A little strength would help in the transport back to the ship.

FA Mysteries

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:07 pm
As soon as the banana leaf was dropped, she reached out to claim it and whatever it contained. The angel peeked into the pouch, taking one of the slices and sniffing it, then taking an experimental bite. It didn't taste bad. Well, actually it tasted very good, if different...but it didn't taste like anything bad had been done to it, at least. After waiting a moment and showing no signs of being sick, she took a couple more slices for herself, then gave the rest to the child.

Once the child seemed distracted by the sweets, the adult angel turned her eyes back to Kurt. "You don't seem like bad Pae," she said finally, as if making a decision. "At least...if you were with those dirty pirates, you probably wouldn't bother with all this. Likely just grab us," she muttered quietly, turning away from the child so not to upset her. She did glance back at her, before directing her comments back to Kurt. "I actually don't know that much about her yet. She's been reluctant to say much about herself. Our ship...we had a cargo delivery for the City," she explained softly. "They came out of nowhere when we rounded the shoals. I was below decks...I don't know how, but suddenly we were boarded...they were merciless..." She shuddered, arms crossing and clutching at herself as if haunted by the mere memory. "I didn't think...I took to the air....I saw the other ship, seemingly deserted at the time...when I landed, a little girl, seeming terrified. I don't know what she was doing there...I wasn't thinking straight. And when they found us..." Her wing gave an involuntary twitch.

"We slipped away...lost them...took a lifeboat...the other ship...gone, everyone...g-gone..." She dropped her head in her hands, shaking slightly, though she may have been too dehydrated for actual tears. As the child finished her treat, she seemed to notice the adult's distress and turned around to silently pat her arm. It was enough to shake the adult back to the moment, peering over her hand towards the child and making a decision. To Kurt, she said, "You'll take care of us? Both of us? You promise? You'll get us off this rock? Away from this little boat? Go somewhere safe?"

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:57 pm
That she even needed to say bad pae was frustrating. What happened to the Guardian's children in his lifetime? Bad used to mean rude or a prankster. Now, now there were some out for blood. How many fell to this brutality? If it was the last thing he did, Kurt wanted to see each and every one locked away to face the Guardian's justice. Once more a child should be able to roam around where ever she pleased and not fear.

Pirates were the problem, by her account. Getting her safety to the City would allow some of the best evidence of what has gone on here. What she could tell could be the very solution to his mission. It was always his task to look after his fellows, help out where he could. This too was a vital mission.

The how seemed obvious to him, almost everything on the isle had wings. Hers pained him to see, what she must have suffered.

"I swear it upon my honor. We will take you both to the ship, with your permission. I'll give you two my cabin and you'll be cared for until we get to dock where I will personally see you to the best care there is. I'll stay until you no longer need me."
It wouldn't take long, with the healing fairies at work. They could do wonders. At the moment, he wished his feathers worked on pae as well as they worked on animals but that was no the case.

Lowering enough he held out his hand, this time close enough to touch hers if she met him half way. The sooner they could get some care to the two ladies the better.

FA Mysteries

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:48 pm
Suddenly seeming desperate to get off the lifeboat, perhaps fueled by the panic from her memories, the angel reached out for the offered hand to help her stand. She didn't seem stable though, and in fact, stumbled once upright into Kurt. She flashed him an apologetic, but beautiful smile. "I...really want to get off this boat. We've been here too long already." The angel fluttered her eyelashes, her smile growing wider, her arm around Kurt's waist for support.

Her smile started to change, as something devious crept into her gaze.

Then, with deceptive strength for her frail-looking form, she shoved Kurt over the low edge of the lifeboat, into the seas below. He would see a final flash of her beautiful smile before the waters washed over him.

A second splash would follow him into the water, but when he turned to look, it would not be the beautiful angel that he would see...but a horrible creature. Tattered fins and jagged scales, it appeared to be some sort of wild, dangerous creature of the sea. A Naiad, perhaps? She aimed a dark grin at the submerged angel and commented, "Yes....far too long up on that boat..."

Reaching for him, she locked a vice-like grip around his wrists, smiling and flashing sharp teeth in a creepy grin as she started pulling him into the depths with her.

EvilSilverDragon
((OOC Notes: Her grip is VERY strong. And as a reminder, angel wings do not work for flying when wet...so Kurt's remaining crew member isn't going to be eager to dive in after him, rendering them both unable to fly at that point.))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:28 am
As she seemed to agree to his offer to get back to the ship, he gave a sigh of relief. This was the solution. He immediately started working on a plan to keep her safe. Whatever attacked her ship could still be out there waiting to assault again. He started to call the other crew member to him so he could get help getting the adult to the ship. The child would be easy to carry, it was the weight of the full grown angel that would be too much for one pae to carry. Not that he'd tell her that.

The shove caught him off guard, there was hardly even the danger instinct to jolt him before he was fully submerged. Hardly anything made sense to him in that moment. What had just happened? Before she grabbed him, he had tried to swim up to the surface. Even with all the water around, he didn't care much for swimming and certainly wasn't a strong swimmer by any stretch of the imagination.

Looking now at the creature who had him, all he could think of was siren. She stopped being female at that point. It was hard to fight a girl, but this was truest survival. All his children flashed through his mind, ending with the face of Aloiki before he left.

Thrashing against her hold, he tried to remain somewhat in control as he pulled his legs up to his chest then pushed forward kicking at her face and chest to get her to left him go.

He had that naiad cup in his bag along with the other items. The sword would do him no good in the water much less with him being handless at the moment. The coin at his throat was likewise not helpful. Only the token of water he collected. How was he going to get to it and how did it work?

Apperation would be his solution but he was already getting pulled too low into the dark. If it worked at all he'd be surprised. Calling on the powers the Guardian's gave him, he tried to call the light all followers of the Guardians seemed to have. It was the only thing offensive he had access. That was if it even worked in the water in the first place.

He had everything he needed, it was just a matter of using it. If there was ever a time for Rosette to get it together, this would be it. The ship had to get out of here. He hoped beyond hope that they didn't come after him.

FA Mysteries
Heres hoping.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:07 pm
A lucky kick caught what seemed to be the gill area on the Naiad and she released her hold to clutch at her side with a vicious hiss. No more fun and games.

Kurt might have had time to surface briefly and see the small angel child peering over the edge of the boat at the water. Her large eyes widened as she looked up at the other angel crew member swooping down to retrieve her. Without hesitation, she leapt from the boat into the water. The transformation was instant; a smaller version of the other aquatic creature had joined them in the sea and shot a hiss towards Kurt, exposing small, sharp teeth. She darted into his face, tiny claws and fangs bared, aiming to sink them in somewhere.

With that distraction, the larger female moved quick as an eel around the floundering angel. She twisted his arm behind his back, swiftly and painfully to keep his focus from trying any other tricks, then dragged him beneath the waves again.

She was no longer playing with her prey, swimming straight down into the depths with her struggling foe. He wouldn't be struggling long, unless he had some magic to allow him to breathe as she did. She hissed once near his ear, "Nice try...but not good enough."

The water grew darker as they descended...or perhaps that was just Kurt blacking out...

((At this time, Kurt is considered MIA and unavailable for any new RP.

The eye-witness account of the remaining crew will be given to Rosette who will report back to the City with what happened. The mission is considered a failure by the City.))

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff