Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:16 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:00 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Before her Herbology class, Katya was given a stern warning from her sister. She was told by her to never be late, ever, never miss an assignment, ever, don't cause trouble in class (not that she planned to anyway), ever, and under no circumstance do anything stupid or harm any of Professor Hill's plants, ever. The little eleven-year old got the impression this was one of the few people her sister was genuinely intimidated by, and that scared little Katya.

She made sure she got there to the greenhouses in plenty of time, and stayed quiet as she got ready for class to start. When the professor started his class and laid down the laws of his class, she knew then her sister wasn't kidding around about her warnings. "Katya Patrovna, Hufflepuff House, sir," she said nervously. "Um, our textbook to help us identify plants, parchment and quill to take down notes, sir."

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm
User Image
xCian Quinlan xxxx Slytherin xxxx First Year

You hear the door slam
                                                          And realize there's nowhere left to run
                                                          You feel the cold hand
                                                          And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
                                                          You close your eyes

Cian liked to mess around but he also knew sometimes that was a bad idea. He didnt wanna get his head of house mad at him. Cian would behave as best he could. He had heard in the common room that Mr Hill was scary but cian didn't think he was. Sure he was someone to take seriously but scary? Nah. Attendence was taken and cian would intro himself as was customary on first day of a class. "I'm Cian Quinlan and I'm in Slytherin. For tools we use that be the dragon hide gloves so we dont get hurt on the plants and we dont hurt them!" Cian said with a smile. He can be good and still be himself right?

And hope that this is just imagination
                                                                            Girl but all the while
                                                                            You hear a creature creeping up behind
                                                                            You're out of time

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <1st Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2040-2041
Looking: All American Girl in a Hogwarts World
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aunt Sophie had warned Mary and Quinn that of all their professors one in particular she did not want to hear negative reports from: Professor Hill. She said she had the highest respect for him and that he was a good person though a bit gruff. As Mary entered the greenhouses and took a seat she thought her aunt was right at least about the gruff part. He seemed very intimidating. Listening carefully, Mary took dutiful notes not wanting to be on the wrong side of Aunt Sophie, she was a quiet scary sometimes. Also she didn't want to be rude. No matter how gruff Professor Hill seemed he still was their professor and deserved respect. When it came to her turn to introduce herself Mary stood, "Mary Conri-Dechering, Hufflepuff. And fertilizer, usually dragon dung or if you are working with muggle plants cow dung is okay, is really helpful as it has a lot of important nutrients for the plant." Mary thought about saying that her Aunt Sophie said hi but thought better of it for now. Besides Dechering wasn't a common last name and maybe during office hours or after class Mary would say something. She knew Professor Hill wouldn't laugh at her answer but wondered if some of her classmates would since her first thought went to poo... but fertilizer was really important!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                          My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                          You need to forge your own path
                                                          And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                          {OoC: }
                                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 am
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <1st Year>
Time: 2040-2041
Looking: Nervous
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mary and Quinn were warned by their Aunt Sophie about Professor Hill as she did not want to receive any negative reports from that man in particular. If Quinn didn't know better he would suspect that Aunt Sophie either hated to deal with Professor Hill or had a crush of sorts on the man. What was most likely is somehow the man had won the woman's respect and Aunt Sophie cherished those who she respected, and their peace of mind. Quinn doubted he or Mary would have negative reports, though, as both were well behaved kids by nature. Mary was chatty but she knew when to be quiet when needed. Quinn knew when to avoid sarcasm. Aunt Sophie had said that Professor Hill was very knowledgeable, kind, and a bit gruff. Quinn saw the gruff even the knowledgeable, the kindness the verdict for Quinn was still out.

As soon as class started, Professor Hill locked them in with him in the greenhouse with no escape: correction, one escape, mess up and you would be ejected from the greenhouse. Quinn did not plan to be one of those students. He was confident enough in the garden growing up and helping his grandma, though it was mostly with muggle plants.

When it came to his turn, Quinn stood, thankful he managed to keep his nerves calm and said, "Quinn Conri-Dechering. I'm in Ravenclaw. And another important tool is your wand. You can use it to do spells like the severing charm for gentle pruning and such." He gave a small smile to the professor and took a seat waiting for the next student to speak up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                              Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                              A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                              Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                              {OoC: }
                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
First Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ________
══════════════════════════ _____

Isolde skipped her way to the greenhouse where Herbology class was being held. On her way down the path, she stopped to scoop up a few stones that caught her eye. One was an all-white chalky little rock that she could use to write on the concrete. Another was black and blue depending on the light, another obsidian stone she could add to her collection. The rocks rattled in her pocket by the time she reached the classroom and found her seat. This was the class she was most looking forward too. She helped tend to the gardens at home but she wasn't allowed to do much more than water and weed. That's going to change after this year. After the winding rows of students standing and sitting, Isolde was next. ”Isolde Blodwen, sir. Hufflepuff.” She said, smoothed her skirt and sat again.

════════════════════
WHEN:: Friday 2:00 – 2:45p
WHERE:: Herbology Class
WITH WHO:: First Years

════════════════════

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC_NOTT ______
First Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ___
══════════════════════ __

After a week of stuffy classrooms and damp dungeons, Edric was glad to be taking his last class of the week outside in the greenhouse. He left the common room early to give himself a chance to explore the grounds. The entrance courtyard was much larger than he remembered on his first night, the lake was a calm black surface, and the whomping willow had nearly battered down a pigeon. He was breezing through the gardens when the bell for next class tolled and marched his way inside the classroom nearby. ”Mind if I sit with you?” He asked a fellow Puff, a girl with dark frizzy hair.

”Not at all, please, sit.” She said, waving him as she introduced herself. ”You're Edric, right? I'm Iso. Hey, wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?”

Edric blinked, scratched his head and sat forward in his desk. He was quite sure that he had never met this girl before in his life. Not as Edric, or Tommy. With a funny look, he shook his head. ”I don't think so?” She was staring at him now, scrunched up one eye trying to use the other as magnifying glass. Beads of sweat dotted the nape of his neck.

”I do know you. Or, I mean, I've seen your picture in the papers before. You were...” her voice trailed off in the distance as recognition sparkled in her eyes.

”I don't want to talk about it.” He hunched forward in his desk, made himself as small and inconspicuous as he possibly could. Until the round of introductions finally came his way. Isolde sat down beside him and he could feel her eyes burning into the side of his head when he said, ”Edric Nott, Hufflepuff,” and fell back down in his chair.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Friday 2:00 – 2:45p
【WHERE:: Herbology Class
【WITH WHO:: Isolde
╚═════════════════════════╝

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Diamond Wales

null

null

User Image
User Image

Rina loved plants! She remembered working with her mother in their flower garden for a lot of springs and summers. She walked into class with a happy attitude, feeling confident in her ability, however... she instantly became a little bit intimidated by the professor. She just supposed she would really have to try her best to stay on his good side.

When it was her turn to speak, Rina stood and smoothed her robes quietly before answering, "Karina Monet, Hufflepuff... And whenever I worked in the garden with my mum, we needed gloves, clippers or shears, a watering can, a tiller, and a spade... though I suppose as a wizard you can just use a Gouging spell to create holes in your soil..." She sat down quietly after that, kind of hoping that she would be able to earn her house some points with that answer. She liked to contribute!

xo-SkittleFairy-ox

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:22 pm
User Image

User Image Will you 𝓈 𝓉 𝒶 𝓎 by my side
Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and ʞɐǝɹq
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

The greenhouses were easy to go to, unlike the other rooms where memorizing where they were and how to get there were a slight headache. Varus sat on one of the benches, fascinated at all the greens around him. Most of what was inside was something he had only seen, and read about, from the textbook. He raised his brows in surprise as he listened to the rules, his eyes following the words on the board. Varus immediately identified Professor Hill as a teacher he would not want to see angry. He was a fierce person, he thought, feeling the sweat rise up already. He was pretty sure the entire class felt the same way. Oh, sweet anxiety, please leave him alone.

Despite reading a lot about it, Varus had little experience in Herbology, and was very set on being careful and following instructions accurately. And then there was the introduction. He listened to Karina and gave her a brief thumbs up after she answered. When it was his turn, he took a deep breath before repeating the phrase he had said throughout the entire week, "Varus Heathcliff, Ravenclaw." He paused meekly to answer the question. "W-well, our textbooks and wands, too."

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        ħ †hðµgh it hadn't → ΉΛPPΣПΣD
                                        I’m
                                        scared, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ I'll lose you

OOC:

SkittyGirl826

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 pm
User Image
Rhona Finnea Dubhach
Halfblood | First Year | Gryffindor
Location: Herbology Classroom | Company: Classmates | Mood: Tense

Rhona hadn't put much thought into what a class like Herbology might be like. It was clear they'd be learning about plants, which didn't seem the most exciting of a topic in her mind. Though plants were a very important part of ecosystems where animals lived, so maybe things wouldn't be too dull.

She took a seat on a bench next to a boy that was looking around at the plants with fascination. She had to admit, seeing all of the different, potentially dangerous plants that grew freely all around them, the greenhouse might turn out to be exciting after all.

Professor Hill on the other hand, he seemed to be the sort of teacher who would suck the fun out of anything with one cold stare. He listed off his rules and expectations and Rhona could immediately tell he wasn't one to put up with very much before acting on his promises of discipline. She didn't have any plans to push his buttons, but sometimes things just happened to turn out that way...

After the first two students introduced themselves she stood up, trying not to let her first impressions of her new Professor make her cower. "My name is Rhona Dubhach and I'm a Gryffindor." As for his questions, Rhona doubted she had the correct answer, but decided to throw out her best guess anyway. "Well, plants need sunlight, soil, and water to grow."

OoC:

Compassionate She feels a lot of compassion for other people, and especially animals when they are suffering. This leads to her wanting to do something about it or a very strong opinion towards the situation.
Independent Already used to responsibility and going off with her brother quite often already in early life, Rhona has a strong sense of self-independence.
Dependable She likes being seen as a responsible person who can be trusted, and that includes whatever someone may ask her to do.
Stubborn When she thinks she's right and gets into an argument with someone, she won't back down very easily. If someone tells her no, she very often resists. Commonly, this comes from her not liking being treated like and kid and she feels like people don't respect her opinions.
Stingy She really doesn't do sharing, no matter what it is. Having a twin and sharing so many things in their lives made her very protective of what little she could completely call her own.
Energetic She seems to have an almost bottomless source of energy to draw from, mostly when working on something she's interested in. But when she crashes, she crashes hard.

oceanblue272

Invisible Explorer

10,815 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:32 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

When it was time for Herbology, Vespera was most excited. She had always loved flowers and gardening, along with the slimy bugs that came along with them (not the crawling ones, those were gross). She sat near the middle, not wanting to look too enthusiastic about the plants. When they were asked what their name and house were, as well as what basic tools that were used she stood hesitantly, but knowing the answer she figured points wouldn't hurt her house. She spoke softly, "I'm Vespera Salazar, Slytherin. For herbology you would need a plant, or a seed, water, and tough gloves, probably a pot too." She sat back down, and then realized she could have said more items, and was likely not going to get points. She began to feverishly write notes down as to what one would need for planting. The thought of using her wand for this task never crossed her mind.

Herbology Notes

-Plant or seeds
- Pot
- Water
- Gloves
- Soil
- light
- shovel
-hole digger
-book to reference
- parchment and quill to record

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Herbology
With Whom: SFirst years
Thinking about: Flowers
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: work robes over school uniform
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items