Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood

After an easy Friday morning, Sonora was looking forward to Herbology. She'd helped her mother take care of flowers before and was looking forward to learning more so that when she got home she could be more useful. All pleasant, easygoing feelings abruptly vanished when the greenhouse locks clicked and Professor Hill confirmed that he did, indeed, lock the doors. Suddenly Sonora was very much aware of every wall of the greenhouse and all the plants--magical plants--magical plants she had no idea of--surrounding the room.

T-There is no way we're trapped in here. It's just for class. You have friends and classmates in every direction. Everything is okay. You got through an entire week of class with closed doors--but they didn't lock them...right? What if every class is in a locked room--no way--what?

She barely noticed when it was her turn to introduce herself and jolted upright only when the person next to her poked her. "Uhm! Right! I-I'm Sonora. R-ravenclaw." Her eyes shifted uneasily and she hoped that was the right thing to say but was a little distracted by her own thoughts growing steadily more and more anxious.

Listen it's just for class. He said he'd remove us if we hurt a plant or did anything stupid. So we're obviously not--this is--why am I getting so anxious? I need to focus--is it just me or did the greenhouse get a little smaller?

”Trickblues"

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:11 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah had walked in right behind Sonora, whistling some old tune from a century’s old cartoon Rhea had insisted he watch at least 30 times over the last summer. It was a good day so far, and he was really looking forward to getting his hands dirty in the greenhouse. Sure, it wasn’t like the plants counted as magical creatures, but they were magic… And they were alive… So that was close enough, right?

Sitting beside his housemate, Jonah was quick to notice the relaxed aura turn tense as Professor Hill locked the doors. He looked to Sona with worry during her introduction, raising a brow at the nervous stutter. He stood once she was done, calmly stating his own name. “Jonah Lane, Ravenclaw House.” He sat again as the next student went. “Sonora, are you okay?” He whispered to her, furrowing his brow as he glanced between her and the door. She had been perfectly fine all morning, right up until the door shut… Could she be claustrophobic? He had to comfort her somehow, he didn’t like to see her so uneasy like this. Sona was meant to smile. “Is it because he locked the door?”

When his sister was scared about something, he would always hold her hand and tell her it would be okay, and it would cheer her up. He wondered if the same would apply her, or would it be taken the wrong way? They had only known each other a few days, but… He had to try something. Anything. He wanted a smile. That said, Jonah reached out and took Sonora’s hand under the table so not to draw anyone's attention, giving it a reassuring squeeze as he smiled at her kindly. “It’ll be alright. I won’t let anything happen to you in here, okay? That’s a promise.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Herbology
With // Sona and First Years
Feeling // Protective
Thinking // It's going to be fine, so smile, okay?

OOC:
Addaellis

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji hesitantly entered the greenhouse with his fellow classmates. I just know I'm going to fail this class. It's going to be buzzing. Eiji thought. I hope the professor won't be too angry if I kill something. Maybe I should just start mitching this class. Eiji couldn't help but be apprehensive about this class. He was horrible with plants. They always died! Which was why he was banned from his dad's greenhouse.

Eiji pulled out his book, parchment, ink and sugar quills. He quickly wrote the rules down and the basic overview of the course. Eiji fidgeted as his classmates introduced themselves. He was only slightly relieved to see a few faces he recognized. It didn't stop the butterflies in his stomach. Eiji stood with a crooked grin. "Um... I'm Eiji Clarke. Hufflepuff" He mumbled. "I guess for herbology tools you need watering pail, dirt, seeds or plant or plant clippings, source of light, gloves and... um a skill with plants." He gave a self-depreciating laugh with the last bit. He then flopped back onto his seat.

OOC: -

When | Fall 2042
Where | Herbology class
With | 1st years
Feeling | Apprehensive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:36 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Sonora was trying to stem what she knew was pointless thinking-- she knew the longer she entertained these thoughts, the more they would drown out any semblance of reason and composure she had. It was stupid, it was irrational, and this anxiety was entirely not her. The lock is on a timer to the end of class. I just have to be patient. I have friends here. There's plenty to do and pay attention until then. Professor Hill is perfectly in control of it and will let us out.

It was the touch as much as the whisper that made her focus on something other than her own spiraling thoughts. It'll be alright. I won't let anything happen to you in here, okay? That's a promise.-- And that. Jonah was a good housemate--her friend. She could trust him.

"I-I-- yeah. I'll be okay" she whispered back, her eyes finally meeting his. She returned the small smile, only a little nervously and nodded. "Yes. Thank you. I...I'll owe you an explanation after class."

”Trickblues”

could be brighter tomorrow.

addaellis

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:13 pm
User Image

It was time for Herbology and it looks like he made it just in time. He knew this was going to be about plants. Alex thought that he could use this class to help with learning ingredients with his potions.

Alex listened to the professor as he thought that he is a bit strict. Once the door is locked, you aren't getting in and if you don't follow instructions, you are getting kicked out the room. Assignments will be turned on time or you will be deducted points from one's house. This class will make you easily hated if you miss assignments.

Today was an introduction and answering the tools for the class. Alex was relieved and for a half second, he thought there was going to be a quiz.

It was Alex's turn for introduction Alexander Mason from Hufflepuff. The tools you need varies; depends on what you are working with. But the basics would be your protective gear such as gloves, soil, fertilizer, trowels and the like. As well as being delicate and caution for some plants could be fragile or dangerous or both.

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:18 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 am
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux was horrified by the prospect of her last class of the week on Friday afternoons. She had heard horror stories about the Head of her House, and he didn't seem particularly friendly but she hoped that was a misconception. Besides, she was more worried about the class itself. Herbology. She had studied some herbology with her tutors before Hogwarts but this class appeared to be hands on. When she entered the greenhouses she saw it seemed to be the case and was horrified. Dirt was everywhere. Taking a glove from her bag she tried to wipe the bench down as well as she could before taking a seat.

She tried to focus on Professor Hill as he introduced himself. He seemed much like the Potions professor and very no nonsense. That was fine with Margaux the real problem remained... he didn't expect them to dig around in the dirt like... ugh! Why couldn't they study this indoors?

Soon introductions came and Margaux stood and said, blurting out her thoughts as well, "Margaux Lévesque, I'm in Slytherin House, sir... and I have a question... for this class, you don't expect us to dig around in the dirt like some peasant farmer, do you?" She was a Lévesque, a family of artists and muses, not a bunch of laborers.

User Image
                                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:09 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Canaan had heard various stories about Professor Hill from his cousins; Lynn adored him, Hannah and Fi were both convinced he was a sinister sort. The young Ravenclaw decided the truth was probably somewhere in between, and he was determined to make his own determination, as he was keenly interested in the subject of Herbology. He was pleased to find out this was a hands-on class, as he rather liked to garden.

When he got there, Margaux was already there, and he gave her a friendly smile, as he picked out a place to sit down. As class started, and Professor Hill introduced himself, Canaan was reminded strongly of a teacher he had previously, and he was thinking about this right as Margaux introduced herself and his train of thought derailed by her question. His eyes widened in surprise, as he wasn't quite certain he heard what he just heard correctly, and he was curious to hear how the professor answered.

He waited his turn before standing, and saying, "Uh, Canaan Grey, from Ravenclaw House, sir. Um, tools, sir, kinda depends on the job. Uh, there's protective gear like your gloves, a pair of safety glasses, and an apron, as a lot of plants are dangerous and poisonous."

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

The last class of the week! Anna followed her classmates into the greenhouse, immediately feeling the wet heat of the room. She sat down at a table and prepared to take notes. This seemed like a gardening class. Annalise didn't mind gardening. She liked the outdoors and being in nature and all that, but she had never tried growing anything herself. Maybe this class would spark a new interest for her? The professor, who seemed rather intimidating, began his introduction of the class, ending with a question about what types of tools they would need to use. As always, Margaux had to chime in first, asking the professor if she would have to, quote, "dig around in the dirt like some peasant farmer." What the heck? Anna smirked, doing her best to hold in a chuckle but ultimately failing, laughing out loud. Who did she think she was? Did she really think that she was that much better than the rest of them to where she wouldn't have to participate? "Give me a break," she muttered under her breath.

OOC: Anna is itching for a fight xD

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

mc2

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MsMorbidity

Dapper Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 am
User Image
► Aubrey Lewis ◄

First Year SlytherinHalfblood

┛ ▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨ ┗

where: Herbology 1! Greenhouse
with: 1st years and Professor Hill
thinking: finally to stick my hands in some dirt!
wearing: school robes

Her heart was pounding as she sat down in an empty seat, placed her book, wand, and gloves on the table before tucking her hands under her legs to wait for the start. She figured this was going to be the class she was good at; she had read "One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi" twice over. Abe already missed her little garden at home. Of course those plants weren't magical in any way that she knew of, but there had to be a little connection.

As Professor Hill laid down the rules she relaxed, this was going to be a class were things were enforced and poppycock would be punished. The locking of the doors didn't disturb her, instead made her feel just a bit more comfortable in the room. It was saying that here only this mattered. That your mind shouldn't be anywhere else. She liked that.

Abe stood up accordingly. "Aubrey Lewis. Slytherin. Tools needed would be a spade, gloves, your wand, the appropriate nutrients for the plant be it soil or water, and knowledge. Or access to knowledge."

┓ ▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨ ┏

ooc:

xx

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out