Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:08 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:00 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢xx
Second Year Ravenclaw Muggleborn Chaser xxxxx

User Image

xxxHello darkness, my old friend- I've come to talk with you again
                                              xxxxxxBecause a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
                                              xxxxxxxxxAnd the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains within the sound of silence
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxIn restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone

xx ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Deaus would have taken his seat, if he had one. But seeing as they were all taken out to make room for trees he stood. Couldn't they just have the class outside instead of not having any room in the greenhouse for the big plants, if they were so hardy as to survive winter then he did not see much harm being outside for a change would be. Wait did he say that the fruit was edible. Now Deaus wondered what it tasted like, he remembered swiping some apples out of orchards when he was living alone. He wondered if these fruits would taste any good. Maybe he could sneak one but first he needed a partner, but who should it be?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xx

'Neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and dampxxx
                                              When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon lightxxxxxx
                                              That split the night, and touched the sound of silencexxxxxxxxx
                                              And in the naked light I saw, ten thousand people, maybe morexxxxxxxxxxxx

(( ooc : text here ))

Xistund

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm
I made a wreck of my hand;
I put it through the wall.
I made a fist and not a plan;
Call me a reckless wrecking ball!
I throw my plates against the wall...
And give it all I got.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

second year │ gryffindor │ pureblood

Alec hated Herbology. He hated the stuffy greenhouses, all the stupid, potentially life-threatening plants, and Professor Hill, who always acted as though one of his students had just murdered his family and he was out for revenge by boring and glowering them to death. At least this class they were just trimming a shrub. Any moron could manage that. Looking a little too happy to be handling shears, he began to work on the plant before him, eyes narrowed in concentration.

OOC:
Username

I aim to break not one but all-
I'm just a big ol' wrecking ball.
I am unruly in the stands;
I am a rock on top of the sand;
I am a fist amidst the hands...
And I break it just because I can!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school is myself and possibly Professor Whitethorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru came in nervous but not terrified like he had last year. He had gotten used to the teacher hard exterior. When pairs were made he was with a Slytherin boy, Julius. He couldn't say he knew his partner well they had really known each other in classes and even then in passing. He seemed just as no-nonsense as the teacher. Was it a Slytherin thing? Once it was time to prune, he grabbed his own gloves from his bag and slipped them on. They fit better than they did last year perhaps he did grow a little. "Did you want to prune a particular side? I'm not too picky. Though the top seems like it will be the most work for our tree." Hikaru asked his partner. He didn't want to do all the work or let Julius do it all. They were a team at least for now.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

murruelecreuset

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Herbology Class - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Julius was no fan of herbology making him no fan of Wednesday. Taking a seat in the horrible greenhouse with probably his least favourite teacher, he waited for class to begin. He turned his attention to the tree like plans. They were a variety of fig which was rather uninteresting to the Slytherin. Regardless he took notes on the plant before him. The fact that they were going to be trimming the trees made Julius wished he didn’t have to be there.

Watching how they were supposed to trim the trees, Julius made notes. It didn’t seem like rocket science however that didn’t mean he’d be any good at it. He ended up sharing a tree with a Hikaru. He didn’t really care who he was partnered with. At least he hadn’t landed with Jillian. Reluctantly placing his gloves on, he looked from the tree to Hikaru. “I could take this side, I suppose. Don’t think it matters much.” He suggested. “The top does look like it could use some work. Might I suggest we work from the bottom up?” He agreed before making his strategic suggestion. Best to get the little bits done so they could focus on the larger problem.

With : Class... Hikaru

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:28 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jillian came to class being a good as she can. sh learned last yer her hyper-ness needed to be subdued here. She had been kinda bummed today but was unsure why. She was just sad today better than she had been yesterday she had been easily frustrated. She got paired with Dris which was good Julius was the other choice and Jillian was legit worried he may want to kill her. How could someone be so grumpy! They got all gloved up and her and Dris got to work though she may have gotten a bit of paint on her from him. She was ok with the red that ended up on her arm. It was kinda funny thinking on how it may have gotten there.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

"Sure sounds good to me. Though we want to cut as little as possible. If it going to look bad I rather it not be we got too snip happy." He said. The second part was more for him than for Julius. He started work on his side being mindful to cut as little as possible. He made sure to set each leaf it to a pile. He wanted this tree to look good.

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 am
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Julius looked the Ravenclaw when he agreed with him before mention they wanted to cut as little as possible. ‘Was that for me or him?’ He thought with a raised brow. “All we have to do is cut the dead portion away from the living portion.” He commented. “It’s hardly a difficult concept.” He added. Glancing from his work to Hikaru, he really wondered. “So, I’m guessing plants aren’t your thing.” Julius said looking back to his work. Trimming the branches that needed to be trimmed, he was all the while wondering what the point of it all was. He had no plans on being a herbologist so did he really need to know this none sense?

OOC : - - -

Kungfudemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

"Well its not that I suck with them they're just not my prefered thing to take care of. I prefer caring for animals." Hikaru said as they clipped. He was being mindful of where on the tree he was cuttin getting as close to the dead part as he could. He looked over to Julius's side "Your side looks good." He said hoping to not be too awkward. They made it towards the top. "The very tip top looks all dead should we ask the teacher or just clip it?" He asked wanting his opinion on what to do next.

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:24 am
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Julius listened to Hikaru explain that he preferred taking care of animals then he did taking care of plants. His choice of words was interesting to say the least. ‘He doesn’t suck. He just prefers caring for animals.’ The Slytherin thought it over in his head. If anyone got it, it was Julius. The dark haired boy nodded slightly. “I can understand that I suppose.” He replied. Glancing over his work it looked alright, which was confirmed by Hikaru’s next set of words. “Thanks, so does yours.” He said as he looked over Hikaru’s side as well. Perhaps not all his classmates were unbearable. At least Hikaru took his opinions.

Now they had to deal with the top of the tree. This Abyssinian Shrivelfig wasn’t looking the greatest on the top. For someone like Julius who didn’t know much about plants he found it odd. He boy pondered over what they should do about it. The fact that it looked more dead than alive was probably a concern. When Hikaru asked if they should ask Professor Hill or just clip it, Julius pondered for a moment. “We should probably ask Professor Hill. I’d hate for us to get in trouble for not taking the necessary precautions.” He stated before raising his hand.

“Professor Hill, we could use your expert opinion.”

OOC : This is what you do when your tree top is dead xd

Kungfudemoness
                                                  Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:22 pm
Welcome to my world; now you can stop believing-
All the lies you think are true, so cunning and deceiving...
A gift I've made for you, wrapped in love and misery!
My confessions far from used; I've only died sometime last century.
Demons walk the Earth, while angels stay in heaven...
Some might say it's worse; I don't care how you fooled ten million.

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

slytherin │ second year │ halfblood

Treva didn't hate Hill, even if she didn't like the man, seeing that now that he was Head of House she seemed to be in detention every other week. So she wouldn't murder his little a**-Tree thing. However, this was pretty obviously busy work, and they all knew it. 'Trim the trees, children'? Yeah, right. He just wanted to get some work done himself. Unless they were herbologists or potioneers, they didn't need to know crap about this specific plant, and that was obvious. They weren't the slightest bit dangerous. She trimmed rather haphazardly, even if her intentions weren't strictly malicious. Treva just didn't care.

OOC:
Username

This gift I've made to haunt, while searching for infinity;
Some might say I'm wrong; I say it's my own destiny.
Let's take a chance, let's take a chance-
Let's all take a chance on something strange!
Hate, this culture I don't see...
Hate, this culture I don't breathe in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Puff Uniform

After spending the first week for classes alone and hidden Lauretta decided she better not do that anymore even though that is all she wanted to do. Her parents wouldn't want her to do that all they would want her to try her hardest at all of her classes even though she is going through a tough time without having her parents around in her life. As she walked into Herbology not really wanting to do anything in this class expect for leaving out the door again. She loved learning but the last few weeks Lauretta haven't felt like learning It was like her focus, mind and heart was somewhere else instead of learning and getting her future career to look forward but that was all gone.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am
~ New Year ~

Second Year Classes