Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school is myself and possibly Professor Whitethorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:37 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school is myself and possibly Professor Whitethorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 am
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Herbology was not Faina's favourite subject, and a lot of it had to do with her teacher, and Head of House. If she had her druthers she would gladly have made it through her seven years here without him being aware of her existence. Being in his House and his class, that wasn't happening, so she figured on settling for doing nothing to earn either more of his attention than was necessary or his ire. That meant paying close attention in class, taking careful notes, and not screwing up when working with his plants. Especially the latter, as she didn't want to learn the hard way what he might do if she did. On the positive side, she appreciated his getting straight to new material while eschewing tedious reviews of what they should already know.

When the time came, she went over to a tree which looked as though it had plenty of foliage to sort through, and started a careful examination of the branches and leaves. She wouldn't trim anything unless she was certain it was in similar condition to what the professor had trimmed during his demonstration.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rhett Fang Ye
<2nd year>

Rhett knew he was an exception to his classmates as he sincerely enjoyed herbology. He even liked the professor. He was still sure that the man had a kindness to him because there was no reason for him to be so passionate about his plants if he didn't. It also helped that Rhett was confident he was ahead of the class in most aspects of herbology thanks to his mum. He lived in a forest and his mother kept a very large garden that hosted many magical plants. And, there was the fact he was as he liked to put it "part tree" as he was half wood nymph. Today they were working on pruning Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. Rhett took a seat next to Faina and when they were set off to work, picked up the prunes to begin. Faina was cautious and Rhett followed her lead but hummed a tune his mother often sang while working in the garden. The plant seemed calmer at the sound of his voice, and Rhett confidently followed Professor Hill's directions for pruning the tree sure to stay on his side of the tree.

Time: 2037-2038
                  Looking: Ready for Adventure

Hello, then, Rhett
                  Hm, adventurous and reckless,
                  And you like pranks and can't sit still
                  Yes, I know just where to place you

Gryffindor!

{OoC: Hope you don't mind Rhett's company. If so I can edit. }
                  Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:12 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

When Rhett sat down beside her, Faina gave him a slight smile, and she said in a very soft voice, "Thank you." Of anyone she knew at school, he was the very one she wanted there helping her, and not just because he was 'part tree' as she heard him phrase it once. As he started humming his tune, the set of her jaw softened, the seeming tightness in her chest abated, and she felt immensely calmer and less nervous while they worked to care for the Shrivelfig. She smiled as she glanced toward him, hoping to convey to him silently, 'it's all good, now.'

OOC:
mc2

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth

Location : Herbology - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Tsubaki would have gladly skipped out on Herbology, she hated it that much. However, her sister wasn’t about to let her do that. So here she was in class. Course she probably could have gotten away with it what with her sister being in class prior. Though, what with Professor Hill being her head of house it was probably best not to piss him off.

About the only part of Herbology she liked was that the plants they worked with could be used for potions. However, that was were she drew the line. Sitting in the greenhouse listening to the lecture, she didn’t want deal with trimming a plant. She didn’t have much choice though. Silently in she went to work on it a scowl on her face. Tsubaki didn’t care if Professor Hill noticed. It wasn’t like she was killing the plant life.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Quick, eh? Easy enough
                                                  You're right, you certainly belong in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Team Beater
Second Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 12 years old...

Location: Herbology - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Gabby didn’t mind Herbology or Professor Hill. Plants were okay, magical plants were at least interesting. It didn’t take much to see that the Slytherin known as Tsubaki was so fan of plants. Listening to the lesson on Abyssinian Shrivelfigs, while taking her notes. Gabby looked over the plant, finding that they liked and sounded pretty average. Rather muggle average if she were being honest. Even the process of dealing with them appeared muggle. Course most plants in Herbology did feel that way, or so she noticed last year.

When they were told to trim the trees, Gabby looked over the plant in front of her again. She started trimming what looked like dead branches. Glancing over at Tsubaki who looked to have a scowl on her face, the Gryffindor shook her head. “I know this sucks but you don’t have to be like that.” She told the Slytherin. The other girl only looked over at her and narrowed her eyes before going back to her work. Figures she wouldn’t say much. Gabby honestly wondered if the girl had any friends.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Alright
                                                  Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

With: Class... Tsubaki (nearby)

OOC: ---

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:50 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:51 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:44 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:45 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff