Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:09 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Second YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick was about to grumble about the herbology class, but the professor said not to. Aldrick appreciated that the professor knew they would probably complain, and told them to get over it. Aldrick liked the attitude. He wrote notes down as to how they would trim the trees. He pulled on some work gloves and carefully began trimming. This was kind of like art, if done properly, the tree would live longer and look beautifully, done improper.... well Aldrick was goin to try not t kill any trees today.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Second years
Aldrick Description: 4'8" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for interaction

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
second year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August trotted into the greenhouse, all pleasant smiles and civility, but he was burning with determination. Herbology seemed to hate him. His essays were, of course, pristinely detailed and written, but any practical work just seemed to...get worse. He could memorize the procedure perfectly, but the only thing he seemed to be able to consistently do in Herbology was make the plants suffer.

So when Professor Hill announced they would be trimming Abyssian Shrivelfigs first class, August turned to the person next to him, hoping they wouldn’t mind doing the actual trimming. ”Go ahead,” he said, tugging on his gloves. ”It seems dangerous for us both to be trimming at the same time so I’ll start off just being an extra pair of eyes.”

He wasn’t going to shirk that duty though-- he was very seriously examining their tree, looking for and pointing out any bits he thought were dead-looking.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

CAI BLODWEN ____________
Hufflepuff, Second Year _________
════════════════════════
_______

Cai meandered into class, cool and unimpressed. He was getting lazier in his classes, but not only that, seemed to be finding it harder to wake up in the morning without the persistence of his family's dutiful house-elf. He was losing interest in things, eating too much or too little, and being reclusive. If he didn't know any better, he would say he was depressed. But, that was impossible. He had no reason to be depressed. He had everything; literally, everything. Anything he could want, he could buy. Anywhere he could go, he went. His family were a bit mental but they all loved him, cared for him. So what could be so wrong?

He, however, was content to just ignore it. Until suddenly they were ushered into groups and supposed to be caring for a tree when he could hardly care for himself. And the person he found himself paired with pawned all the work on him! ”Oh, uh, um... right... sure...” Cai fumbled with the gloves, took the sheers, and really took his time pruning. ”You, uh, you sure you don't want a turn? I mean, really, it's no trouble... I'm uh.. I'm actually not much of a plant-person so... yeah...”

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Wednesday 2:00-2:45pm
WHERE:: Herbology Class
WITH WHO:: August
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:27 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
second year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August scrutinized the plant as his partner—Blodwen? Professor Blodwen’s…relative?— snipped. August would occasionally point out a branch: “Do you think this one is sufficiently healthy?“ "Here?” But overall he was quite content to simply watch Blodwen’s technique, up until the other boy admitted to not being a plant person.

He let his face show a little self-deprecating sigh. “I was more afraid of ruining the tree for the both of us. Not much of a plant person myself it seems.”

But if said partner didn’t mind his efforts, August was absolutely willing to try. He held his handout for the sheers as he identified a branch and where to cut it. “Usually I prefer my herbs in tea or prepped for potion making, not… alive and messy.” That established, he made a little snip, hoping he wasn't pruning a perfectly fine branch off.

Any second now Professor Hill is going to come over and I can hear him already: "What have you done do that poor tree?!"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:35 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school is myself and possibly Professor Whitethorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash