Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Seeing Double (& Triple) Breeding Event (maybe V-Day?) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea? Bad Idea?
I like it!
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
I don't.
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
I don't care.
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I want gold.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 am
Twin & Triplet Breeding Event Idea

So, I know the thought of twins being allowed in breeding was brought up a bit ago - this isn't about whether or not they should be incorporated into regular breeding but an idea for an event all on its own (that shouldn't effect the previous discussion either way).

I mentioned this briefly in the previously mentioned thread, but I figured I would make a post of its own considering its more of a stand-alone event idea than a rule change.

It's a rare occurrence in the Soquili world, when the Heavens align in just the right way and the two brightest stars in the sky shine brightly over the peaks of the East Mountains. When this happens, strange things begin to happen over the current breeding season: a flourish of fertility and the occurrence of identical twins and triplets.

Basically, its pretty much a standard breeding like any other, but all the babies will be twins or triplets. Identical twin or triplets, with maybe a few minor differences such as eye color or pallet-swaps (something that shouldn't take the colorists more than a few minutes). It could be applied to Couples Breedings, Single Mixers, and even Wishing Stars.

Why a Twins and Triplet Breeding Event Would be Awesome (IMHO)

• You know going into it ahead of time that all the babies with be identical twins, so you can adjust your couples (or abstain from) accordingly
  • Its a fun, different idea like Twists that doesn't involve any major rule changes or complicated exceptions
  • The colorists could potentially take on MORE couples/winners because their worktime will be shortened significantly. Maybe instead of rolling 1 or 2 winners, they could take on 3 or 4, because they will only have one full Soquili to do from the ground-up, the twins would be minor adjustments
  • Less stress on the winners about "which basket is going to be the Soq I want the most" because, well, they are twins!
  • Fun roleplay opportunities
  • In the case of Wishing Stars, the winners could get the standard basket drop + 1, so there is more love to get away (aka, instead of getting 1 basket if only 1 person is involved and 2 baskets if 2 people are involved, they will get 2 baskets or 3, so both owners get a twin to themselves and one to give away, assuming they haven't gotten a freebie that month).

Thoughts and suggestions welcome of course smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:37 pm
I like it all except that last little bit

"In the case of Wishing Stars, the winners could get the standard basket drop + 1, so there is more love to get away (aka, instead of getting 1 basket if only 1 person is involved and 2 baskets if 2 people are involved, they will get 2 baskets or 3, so both owners get a twin to themselves and one to give away)."

I like wishing star rules the way they are.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm
That could be easily be up to the person running the event. The only reason I thought about it was because it kind of defeats the idea of a twin event when only one basket is given away XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:23 pm
The only problem i can see is with the WS baskets. People are only supposed to win one of those. Technically they'd be winning two (whether it be free or paid), which is more than the monthly limit. Even if it is given away, it would have to be given to someone QUICK or naming someone before the roll.

Hope that makes sense  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm
ATh e a r t
The only problem i can see is with the WS baskets. People are only supposed to win one of those. Technically they'd be winning two (whether it be free or paid), which is more than the monthly limit. Even if it is given away, it would have to be given to someone QUICK or naming someone before the roll.

Hope that makes sense

Yes, it does.

I've seen twins given away in games in-thread raffles before, so I'm assuming as long as there was a rule that you couldn't keep them both it would be okay? (assuming the person you were given it to also hadn't received a freebie or paid Soq that month)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm
Kamiki
ATh e a r t

Hope that makes sense

Yes, it does.

I've seen twins given away in games in-thread raffles before, so I'm assuming as long as there was a rule that you couldn't keep them both it would be okay? (assuming the person you were given it to also hadn't received a freebie or paid Soq that month)

I'm trying to decipher if it would also change the odds of people winning as well. For someone who has less friends or w/e, they'd only really be entering for themselves and not necessarily have an extra chance at a basket. It changes though if someone has a close friend and basically goes "If I win, you get a basket. If you win, I get a basket."

Kinda throws it off, maybe?  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 pm
I personally don't see how that's any different than the twins given away in in-thread raffles, tho?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm
The only problem I see about the WS personally is, well permissions.

I have permissions for throwbacks that are only for my name and the other owner of the pair. So I don't think I'd even be allowed to give away one since we're the only ones listed as being allowed to use those throwbacks? If that makes sense?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:29 pm
Hmm, I didn't think about that.

I mean, again, this isn't anything that would effect Wishing Stars in general, I was just trying to think of ways the Rookie colorists could still participate with event since they can't do breedings.

I guess one way around it would be no Throwbacks for this WS, or keep the WS limited to True Friends or just other give-a-aways and such involving twins and triplets like they have done in the threads and such before smile

(personally, I think just not using throwbacks would be an easy fix, but I love WS's so I'm kinda biased I guess ^_~ )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:39 pm
That could work.

Personally, what I'd love to see is a family event style special WS. We just had those group of 4 contests right? Well, I know our group (and probably others) are going to quest making that family (not the looks, have to figure that out, but the nature of the family).

I think it would be neat to have people fill out a form similiarly to that 4 person contest and enter into a unique wishing star. You're rolled and you have your instant plot family.

It's a fun concept, I'd think, and I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wanted new ideas ^_^

It would be essentially as though getting two semi-custom adults made then breeding them for mock kids in the same slot.

I'm really happy to see all the changes that the shop has made and that they are opening up to allow new things and new slots. It's very nice to know they're listening to us and adapting ^_^  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:02 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
That could work.

Personally, what I'd love to see is a family event style special WS. We just had those group of 4 contests right? Well, I know our group (and probably others) are going to quest making that family (not the looks, have to figure that out, but the nature of the family).

I think it would be neat to have people fill out a form similiarly to that 4 person contest and enter into a unique wishing star. You're rolled and you have your instant plot family.

It's a fun concept, I'd think, and I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wanted new ideas ^_^

It would be essentially as though getting two semi-custom adults made then breeding them for mock kids in the same slot.

I'm really happy to see all the changes that the shop has made and that they are opening up to allow new things and new slots. It's very nice to know they're listening to us and adapting ^_^
I like this idea. A group wishing Stat for a family. That'd be awesome. Especially for those out there that have made plots for a family unit and are trying to get them one at a time via customs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:09 pm
Wish upon a Double Rainbow~ heart

Seriously though.
I like the idea of having a breeding event with pre-announced all-twins/all-triplets (if rolled for 3 baskets through normal means) so that people can choose who they want to enter/make breeding pair decisions based on that. More ponies for more people with less work for colorists, lovely.

I don't like the idea of including twins for Wishing Stars as mentioned unless either 1) both owners involved in the breeding are claiming rights to that mock-breeding (so either owner gets 1 twin), or
2) we can clearly list who the other twin is for if it's a normally-solo entry (i.e. an Extra Gift slot where only one owner is claiming rights to the mock-breeding).
Meaning: Owner 1 and Owner 2 own Couple A. Owner 2 wants to enter Couple B, so gives up rights for Couple A. Owner 1 enters Couple A, and because it's a twin event they'd be getting two baskets- so, they include that Friend 1 will be getting the 2nd basket, and then that counts as Friend 1's entry for that event too.

For the form, this would be something as simple as:
- Include the tag saying "only (THESE OWNERS OF PARENTS) are getting a basket from this couple".
- In the form, have a slot for "Who is getting the 2nd twin?:" or "Intended owner of 2nd twin:"
- Possibly the 2nd owner who is not claiming wishing star basket rights would have to post permission saying that the "intended owner of 2nd twin" can use their couple for mock-breedings, to prevent animosity and keep this legal.... ?

I think this (saying who will get the 2nd twin outright) is necessary because the point of wishing stars has always seemed to be (to me) to grant offspring to couples who couldn't "mix" directly otherwise, or to grant the wish of a particular Soquili/Familiar doing in-character wishing. heart One entry = one basket, or you pair up your entries for a couple and both get a basket. So a random tag-on "oh a friend gets this" doesn't work for me unless it's incorporated by intention (i.e. proclaiming who it's for and having that count as their entry). heart
Also this would prevent the aforementioned imbalance of "hey if i win you get one"/ "Okay sure if you win I get one too" and then both enter- and those people have essentially more than one entry/ticket/chance to win. :3

Just my idea to keep things fair. heart

The issue of having permission would remain the same- either they give you permission to enter for twins and say who gets the other twin or you can only enter non-twin-based wishing stars as normal. :3

Huroggmeten

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:38 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
That could work.

That's a super cool idea for a new Wishing Star category!

You could even maybe have the choice to do up to 3 - 5 people per entry, in theory. A mom and dad, and 1, 2, or 3 babies. You'd have to say up front who was getting who, so it would all count as their "entry"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:50 pm
Kamiki
Nyx Queen of Darkness
That could work.

That's a super cool idea for a new Wishing Star category!

You could even maybe have the choice to do up to 3 - 5 people per entry, in theory. A mom and dad, and 1, 2, or 3 babies. You'd have to say up front who was getting who, so it would all count as their "entry"

Thank you!

I was basically thinking it'd be similar to the form in the contest. Names/tempers. Basic plots and how the family functions together that way the colourists have a feel of the character to influence design ^_^  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm
The problem with that is that it becomes really hard for colourists to know how many slots they can take on ^^ I mean, they could roll anywhere from 3-5 ponies that way...

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff