Do you have guy friends ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:08 am
Do you have guys friends ?

Guy friends that you go out for activities without them thinking it's a date. Guys that likes you only as a friend and you too.

Do you think a woman and a man can only be friends?

-----
I don't have. I talk with my cousins, they are family... I hang out with my friends brothers with my friends, but we are not friends. Because we don't talk about personal stuff, we don't talk and meet other than when my friends are doing something.
-------

The reason why I don't have guy friends, I don't know how to start being friends with them. With girls, it's easy, we go shopping together, we talk about makeup, clothes, tv shows... With guys, I am afraid that they think it's a date. Unless, I must find other friends that are there when we hang out together.

My friend told me that at my age (24), it's hard to make new guys friends, guys want to date and sleep with you. Unless, they are gays... My other friend says it's possible because she has guys friends that are not attracted to her.

Also when I was around 6-8 my mom told me to not have a boyfriend, because a relationship will disturb my studies. I was a really good kid. I always listen to my parents. So, at that age I thought the best way to not have a boyfriend is to not talk to them. When I was young, from 4 to 17 year old guys were mean to me, they make fun of me. I found them mean, so I took distance from them. I met kind guys but I never took the initiative to be friends with them. Having girl friend is enough. My mom also told me (I don't know how old I was) how guys take advantage of girls, they just want to sleep with you. Not all guys are like that, but when I was young I thought I have to stay away from them.

My friends had bad relationships (verbal abuse, dating only for sex and ditch you when they find somebody else that they like more, ending the relationship because they are afraid of commitment) before they found the one (not everyone found it yet).

I have trust issues. I am afraid of living bad relationships. I don't know how to be friends with guys (other topic). However, I dream and wish almost everyday that I meet a kind guy. I want to be in a relationship.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:31 am
I usually feel like I have more to talk about with some of the guys I'm friends with than with most girls I'm not very close friends with.

even one of the straight guys I'm friends with is easier to talk to than some girls. he's just awesome.

it really does depend on the guy, though. I've had guy friends for literally my whole life, so maybe that's part of why I'm more comfortable talking about stuff with some guys I'm friends with than with girls other than the ones I'm extremely close with.  

Cinematographer Girl

Solar Mage

13,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:15 pm
JUMPing girl 16
I usually feel like I have more to talk about with some of the guys I'm friends with than with most girls I'm not very close friends with.

even one of the straight guys I'm friends with is easier to talk to than some girls. he's just awesome.

it really does depend on the guy, though. I've had guy friends for literally my whole life, so maybe that's part of why I'm more comfortable talking about stuff with some guys I'm friends with than with girls other than the ones I'm extremely close with.
Ahh that's great.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:59 am
I have a lot more guy friends I do girl friends. I love all my guy friends in that completely plutocratic way. We play RPGs together, video games, table top games. I have I wanna say 6 very close guys that I have built very good relations with. In all honesty I just went to the comic shop once and just looked around, bought a pack of magic cards and worked on my deck. Guys just naturally will come up to you because you are a GIRL at the comic book store. Find a place where mostly guys hang out at and just go there ask questions or idk be interested in not the norm for girls.  

Im a pretty star

Dangerous Sweetheart

12,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Object of Affection 150

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:10 pm
1. Did you have any guy friends? of course I do. I actually hate a best friend is actually a guy. Well sure My best friend is actually good sense of humor. And my other guy friends is at my adult program, we joke around a lot and teasing and I laughing my pants off with the tears. And we have a good time.

2. Do you think a woman and a man can only be friends? It depends on the person.Well of course if you have great sense of humor and you like to make things and you like doing outside stuff and swimming. And of course I think it's easier to have a guy as a friend than a girl.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm
Pastel-candy-lover93
1. Did you have any guy friends? of course I do. I actually hate a best friend is actually a guy. Well sure My best friend is actually good sense of humor. And my other guy friends is at my adult program, we joke around a lot and teasing and I laughing my pants off with the tears. And we have a good time.

2. Do you think a woman and a man can only be friends? It depends on the person.Well of course if you have great sense of humor and you like to make things and you like doing outside stuff and swimming. And of course I think it's easier to have a guy as a friend than a girl.
I find it is easier for me to be friends with a girl than a guy... With girls, I share common interest makeup, shopping... It is easier to talk with them so we have been friends for years..  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:51 pm
XxAriaxX
Pastel-candy-lover93
1. Did you have any guy friends? of course I do. I actually have a best friend is actually a guy. Well sure My best friend is actually good sense of humor. And my other guy friends is at my adult program, we joke around a lot and teasing and I laughing my pants off with the tears. And we have a good time.

I find it is easier for me to be friends with a girl than a guy... With girls, I share common interest makeup, shopping... It is easier to talk with them so we have been friends for years..
we have played card games like golf. However I added their points together.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 pm
I know how you feel but its not as different as you think!

In highschool I had the stereotypical clique of girls. We talked about boys, went shopping, did each others makeup that kind of stuff. Back then I literally only had one guy friend! And we weren't even that close (we were forced to hang out with each other because he was the only one my age at a youth group razz )

However, in college my major is computer science and I don't know if you know this but there are NO WOMEN IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. Literally the ratio is around 9 guys(maybe more) to 1 girl. My computer science bro's are pretty cool tbh biggrin they are so funny and really get me, they will always have my back. Also, there is no drama at all (which from my experience can happen quite a bit with groups of girls). Ok so at first there might be this awkward (to date or not to date) question that is implicitly in the air but that passes so quickly and is something I have never even thought about! So I will always have my girls when I want to go clothes shopping and talk about makeup but now more than half of my friends are guys and nothing has changed.  

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

MEDlClNAL

OG Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm
I personally have a lot of guy friends. It's just so much easier to talk to them and there's less drama. I don't have a problem with hanging out with a guy alone when we're not dating. I make it perfectly clear to him that we aren't and that we are just friends hanging out. And they guy is usually cool with it. i do think. however, when it comes to most situations and a guy and a girl are friends, either he likes her or she likes him. They aren't just friends to be friends. I've seen it a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:18 pm
I think it's very possible to obtain guy friends so long as you make it absolutely clear you are not looking for a relationship. That being said, as unfortunate as it is I think any woman that directly approaches a man might give them the wrong idea. I'd say play it casual. Obviously a bar or party might not be the best place to make guy friends. A work setting, yes. During classes? Sure. Just so long as the mood isn't set for it to be taken the wrong way and conversation comes up naturally. It's just the safest option imo. As for can a man and woman remain JUST friends? That's entirely up to you or the other individual. If someone develops an attraction, it simply can't be helped. It's the same as saying can two people of the same sexual orientation be friends. Some might develop feelings for their companion, others might not. Either way I think it comes down to blunt honesty and transparency with one another.  

Her Malevolence

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items