Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Tips or something for losing weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LunaLaetitia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 am
What do you do to lose weight? Or get healthy?

I been trying to do some exersies before leaving for school. I walk alot since I take the bus as well. I try doing the water that will have lemon or strawberries in it and cut down on soda. I cut down on chocolate too kinda. Instead of candy like reseese I eat granola bars that have a few choloate chips in it. (I will not/can not give up chocolate completely)

I dont think its working or if it is its going slow. I enough up getting stretch marks on my like lower back and along my thights and little on my upper arm but that is gone. even if I get back to what I was before do stretch marks go away?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 am
                        Weight loss is actually REALLY simple. I think the problem is that most people don't like waiting and they get discouraged as a result.

You just need to create a calorie deficit. Eating healthy will definitely help however if you are eating too much of anything - even healthy foods - you won't lose weight. Weight loss happens when you are eating less calories than you burn through metabolism/exercise. You can use this calculator to determine your BASIC metabolic rate. http://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html

Now after you enter your stats and get that number, add about 350 calories to that number if you live an average life. (school, office job, etc)

If you exercise lightly 3 times a week or more, add 500 calories instead.
                        If you exercise heavily (sports team, swimmer, weight lifter) often, add anywhere from 700-900 calories depending on what you do and how often you do it.

Once you've got that number, you've got how many calories you (probably) burn daily.
                        So if you determine that you burn 1800 calories daily, you could eat 1300 calories daily to burn 500 calories a day. This would mean you would lose an average of 1 pound a week, because 3500 calories = 1 pound.

Eating chocolate is fine, anything is fine in moderation. Exercise is good and means you can either eat more or lose weight more quickly.

Also- stretch marks can fade significantly. Whether or not they will actually disappear is a different story.

So. I hope that made sense. I tend to type too much.

Basically. Eat less calories than you burn and you'll lose weight. Most people lose weight at an average of 2-6 pounds per month. Don't give up and don't get discouraged. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice a difference, and 12 weeks for everyone else to notice a difference. Good luck! emotion_bigheart

catsoon

Friend

LunaLaetitia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:46 pm
soundsobeautiful
                        Weight loss is actually REALLY simple. I think the problem is that most people don't like waiting and they get discouraged as a result.

You just need to create a calorie deficit. Eating healthy will definitely help however if you are eating too much of anything - even healthy foods - you won't lose weight. Weight loss happens when you are eating less calories than you burn through metabolism/exercise. You can use this calculator to determine your BASIC metabolic rate. http://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html

Now after you enter your stats and get that number, add about 350 calories to that number if you live an average life. (school, office job, etc)

If you exercise lightly 3 times a week or more, add 500 calories instead.
                        If you exercise heavily (sports team, swimmer, weight lifter) often, add anywhere from 700-900 calories depending on what you do and how often you do it.

Once you've got that number, you've got how many calories you (probably) burn daily.
                        So if you determine that you burn 1800 calories daily, you could eat 1300 calories daily to burn 500 calories a day. This would mean you would lose an average of 1 pound a week, because 3500 calories = 1 pound.

Eating chocolate is fine, anything is fine in moderation. Exercise is good and means you can either eat more or lose weight more quickly.

Also- stretch marks can fade significantly. Whether or not they will actually disappear is a different story.

So. I hope that made sense. I tend to type too much.

Basically. Eat less calories than you burn and you'll lose weight. Most people lose weight at an average of 2-6 pounds per month. Don't give up and don't get discouraged. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice a difference, and 12 weeks for everyone else to notice a difference. Good luck! emotion_bigheart

Thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:42 pm
                        no problem!

catsoon

Friend

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 am
soundsobeautiful

That is some solid advice. Nice job girl! *thumbs up*  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items