UTI fun...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:27 am
                        Yesterday I started to get the second UTI I've ever had. By midnight I was crying in pain and today I'm going to the doctor.

Girls! Does anyone know how to prevent these? I'd rather have a month of period cramps than I would even two days of this terrible UTI pain and urgency.

I'm already very hygienic, so I know it's not because of that. I'm thinking this UTI may have been caused by spending the weekend with my boyfriend - if you get what I mean - but I just don't know. Anyone have any experience with this???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:48 am
try drinking more cranberry juice.

If you're using condoms with your boyfriend you may have caused irritation of the lubricant/other ingredients, some condoms contain spermicide in the lubricant which can lead to UTI's. In small amounts it's usually not so bad, but if you spent an entire weekend concentrations may have been hire then you are used to.

Spermicide increases the risk, though sex also introduces bacteria that can lead to an infection.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:58 am
cool4

If you're using condoms with your boyfriend you may have caused irritation of the lubricant/other ingredients, some condoms contain spermicide in the lubricant which can lead to UTI's. In small amounts it's usually not so bad, but if you spent an entire weekend concentrations may have been hire then you are used to.

Spermicide increases the risk, though sex also introduces bacteria that can lead to an infection.
                        thanks for the reply! :3
                        do you think cranberry capsules would do the job? i hate cranberry juice, and i don't think a cocktail version of it would do any good because of all the sugar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am
soundsobeautiful
cool4

do you think cranberry capsules would do the job? i hate cranberry juice, and i don't think a cocktail version of it would do any good because of all the sugar.

http://www.webmd.com/women/news/20100823/cranberry-juice-fights-urinary-tract-infection-quickly

The cocktail version was tested to work, Though if I remember correctly capsules work as well.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:34 am
cool4
soundsobeautiful
cool4

http://www.webmd.com/women/news/20100823/cranberry-juice-fights-urinary-tract-infection-quickly

The cocktail version was tested to work, Though if I remember correctly capsules work as well.

ooh! okay. interesting. i think when this is all over i'll get some cranberry capsules. thank you (:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 am
I just got my first uti over the weekend. I'm calling the doctor in the morning,but how did you guys deal with this? I feel like I have to pee 24/7 and it feels so uncomfortable whenever I use the bathroom.  

Captain tohru honda

Sparkling Wife

14,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Captain tohru honda
I just got my first uti over the weekend. I'm calling the doctor in the morning,but how did you guys deal with this? I feel like I have to pee 24/7 and it feels so uncomfortable whenever I use the bathroom.

I've been dealing with mine for over a month a half... the doctor said the infection is gone but I still feel like I have to pee.
                        So I'm convinced I'll just have this for the rest of my life. Idk what's wrong with me...

but as for you, laying on your back helps. And wear rather loose fitting underwear and pants. good luck emotion_bigheart i hope yours turns out better than mine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:23 pm
If you dont like cranberry juice, wagreens and the like sell pills over the counter that will make the symptoms go away, it wont get rid of the infection, just the discomfort. the ones i used before i could get to the dr. were called azo.  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Captain tohru honda

Sparkling Wife

14,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:02 pm
soundsobeautiful
Captain tohru honda

I've been dealing with mine for over a month a half... the doctor said the infection is gone but I still feel like I have to pee.
                        So I'm convinced I'll just have this for the rest of my life. Idk what's wrong with me...

but as for you, laying on your back helps. And wear rather loose fitting underwear and pants. good luck emotion_bigheart i hope yours turns out better than mine

-huggles- I hope it goes away. I'm feeling so much better already. I ended up going to the ER cause there were no openings for at my doctor's and they gave me some meds and then I bought some AZO urinary tract health support pack and I'm feeling better now.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:54 pm
Captain tohru honda
soundsobeautiful
Captain tohru honda

-huggles- I hope it goes away. I'm feeling so much better already. I ended up going to the ER cause there were no openings for at my doctor's and they gave me some meds and then I bought some AZO urinary tract health support pack and I'm feeling better now.
                        thanks crying I'm glad yours got better

catsoon

Friend

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:17 pm
I had one a couple months ago and when I went to the doctor they gave me enough pills for three days. Whatever they gave me cleared it up within the week. Also drinking cranberry juice and lots of water will help as well.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games