Submit

Quinverra

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm
Once upon a time in the world of Fable Land, there lived your favorite fairy tale characters. Though, one day an evil sorcerer named Azmodan created an evil spell to end all of the fairy tale characters. The Wicked Witch of the West and the Good Witch of the South rallied all of the fairy tale characters to flee their world and seek refuge in new world.

They created a new society within the city of Manhattan, NYC in an apartment complex called Sunshine Hollows, formerly a high rise hotel, where everyone is basically amusing alternate identities as well as not acting on old grudges. There are a few who still struggle with the past, though it is understandable. The landlord of Sunshine Hollows is Caterpillar from Wonderland. The denizens from Fable Land try not to interact with people from the mundane world top which most of the fairy tale characters work jobs that only involve each other. Some were able to bring their fortunes with them over into the "new" world while others were forced to leave their wealth behind. Some of the fairy tales characters that were born animals were given a human form though not all of the animal fairy tale characters could turn into humans.

OOC Information

The setting is modern time, so the year 2014 and not all the characters should be super wealthy. Rules would be that there cannot be duplicate characters ex: there cannot be two Snow Whites. I am looking for a good size group roughly about six players and up also allowing for player to be able to play about two characters each, though this is optional. I welcome fairy tales as well as classical literature characters as well as a character portraying multiple characters. Ex: In the TV show One Upon a Time Rumpelstiltskin was the beast from beauty and the beast and the crocodile from peter pan, due to his skin looking green and leathery like a crocodile. He also was the "fairy godmother" of Cinderella only because he murdered her real fairy godmother. However, I do not want to see Disney versions of characters, I mainly want to see everyone's creativity by creating their own take on fairy tale or literature characters.

Character Sheet Skeleton

[color=favorite color]Mirror mirror on the wall...
[img][/img]
My driver's license states I am, (create a character name that hints as to which fairy tale character they are. Ex: Mr. Gold = Rumpelstiltskin)
Who I really am, (which fairy tale(s) is your character from: Limit three)
I survived for, (age) years
My mundane profession is, (career)
Many of my friends say I am, (Personality: It should be similar to the fairy tale. Ex: Snow White is not a mass murderer, she could be cold, though not cruel, due to how she was treated by her step-mother.)
Here is the story I weave, (Bio: if you choose for your character to be many story book characters it has to make sense. Ex: In the TV show One Upon a Time Rumpelstiltskin was the beast from beauty and the beast and the crocodile from peter pan, due to his skin looking green and leathery like a crocodile. He also was the "fairy godmother" of Cinderella only because he murdered her real fairy godmother.)[/color]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 pm
Rules

* Please follow the Gaiaonline forum rules
* PM me with you character sheets with the subject as "A Dream Is A Wish"
* Players can play up to two characters. A character with multiple fairy tale characters is limited to three.
* No duplicate character please. (ex: There an be only one Snow White though you can multi her character to include the other snow white from snow white and rose red) The only character that can be a duplicate is Prince Charming for almost every fairy tale princess has a "Prince Charming"
* Please no god moding, or op killing. It's not fun!
* NO DISNEY CHARACTERS!
* LGTB friendly as well as gender swapping characters (ex: Jack the Giant Slayer is Jackie the Giant Slayer)
* Have fun!  

Quinverra

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Quinverra

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 pm
Apartment Layouts
1 Bed room

2 Bed room

Basement Banquet Hall

Reliquary

Soul crystals aka Prison- These crystals are placed in a secondary vault in the basement.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:02 pm
Cast List

Qui_bears3 - Evil Queen/Wendy Darling
My driver's license states I am, Wendy Barrie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Who I really am, The Evil Queen, and Wendy Darling. Though my name is actually Gwendolyn
I survived for, 30 years
My mundane profession is, an early learning center "Principle"

Many of my friends acquaintances say I am, very strict and appear cold towards my peers, though very loving and nurturing towards children. Being around the "heroes" of the fairy tale world makes me uncomfortable for I fear that they will still only see me as "The Evil Queen" and not Wendy Darling. Those who do know of my full past only pity me, which I loathe for I do not want anyone's pity I only wish to be loved, though I feel that I will never have my happily ever after. I am quick to anger, when being threatened and will use any means to keep myself safe.

Here is the story I weave, One upon a time there was a young princess named Gwendolyn who's mother was an over barring woman who wanted her daughter to live her own dreams. Gwendolyn would practice and train under many teachers who prepared her for her future. Unknown to them she had dreams of her own, to live in Neverland, where she would never grow up or be forced to do anything her over baring mother wanted her to do. Each night the boy with no shadow, Peter Pan, would visit to which he gave her the name, Wendy Darling, for she was the "mother" of the Lost Boys and he their father. For a few years she traveled to Neverland play fighting against the pirates, to which it was more like a game of chess rather then actual violence, that is until she started to age. It was when Wendy turned eighteen years old that Peter visited her for a final time telling her that they could not play games anymore, for she was too old.

With a broken heart she wept for many days refusing to leave the castle for any reason, though her mother dragged her out of the castle and into the market, using magic to force her daughter to walk. As the two were "going for a walk" Wendy spotted a coach about to hit a little girl who's hair was as black as midnight, skin as fair as snow, and lips as red as blood. The young woman did not know how she was able to break her mother's spell, but she was able to dive out at the small child to push her out of the way, though her leg was stepped on by the horse. The little girl screamed and called for her father, the king of a far away land, to which he carried Wendy to his coach to be taking to be healed. Wendy, thought that he loved her however once they were married she discovered that the only reason why he married her was to basically be his daughter, Snow White, baby sitter. Queen Gwendolyn was upset with her situation though she never took it out on Snow White, in fact she raised the child differently then how she was raised. The two bonded as she inspired the young one to follow her heart and dreams even going so far as to lie to Snow White's teachers on her whereabouts so Snow white could play with the animals in the garden.

Though what caused the downfall of their relationship was Queen Gwendolyn discovered that her husband was cheating on her with some woman he got intimate with while out hunting. He even had the gall to bring the woman back to the castle along with the two children they made. Rudely he would rub it in Wendy's face that she could not bare children, for each time they actually tried she would miscarry. Her pain, humiliation, and sorrow became so overwhelming that she discovered, much like her mother, she too could use magic. She accidentally killed her husband in a fit of rage and transported the woman and her twins somewhere in a desert. Snow White, only knowing what she saw blamed Wendy for the murder of her father. Queen Gwendolyn used her magic to send Snow White into a forest where the animals would not harm her.

Queen Gwendolyn ruled over the kingdom for a few years or so before teenaged Snow White, who not only created an army of dwarves from the North lands, but also had convinced some of the wild animals to join her army. Not wanting to harm Snow White, she used her magic to fake her death to which she fled to another land, though Queen Snow White discovered the ruse, yet she did nothing. The former queen created a magical mirror that is hidden in a locket around her neck to watch over Snow White and to make sure that nothing would disrupt the peaceful rule of Snow White. When Azmodan threatened that peace Gwendolyn was one of the first of the magic users to step up to attempt to combat him, however her magic was not enough to stop him.

During the evacuation of the Fable Land, Wendy used her magic to help the two witches from Oz with turning animals into humans or shifters. Currently she is trying to reconcile with Snow White while running a small early learning center. She tries not to use her magic anymore feeling that the energies in this new world react differently towards magic. The only spells that she can cast with out worry are scrying spells, from her mirror, and to help animals turn into people, though it takes a lot of energy from her to do so.

M3Gnificent as The Little Mermaid
Mirror mirror on the wall...
User Image
My driver's license states I am, Nerissa Freeman
Who I really am, The Little Mermaid and The Maid Freed From The Gallows
I survived for, 26 years
My mundane profession is, Librarian
Many of my friends say I am, curious to a fault. I have an insatiable need to learn everything and anything I can, which more often than not leads to trouble. I try to be helpful and considerate towards others, but unfortunately, I can be a bit naive. I don't quite understand casual surfacer ettiquette, even now, so I probably come across as quite formal and meek at first glance. It doesn't help any that I've been homesick as of late, leaving me with a maddening sense of melancholy.
Here is the story I weave, I grew up within a large and loving household, cared for and cherished by my parents and all my elder sisters. They often told stories of their visits to the surface world. Stories that I listened to with rapt attention, no matter how dark my elders made them seem. In hindsight, they knew that the world was a cruel and unforgiving place - and that I was too innocent to survive it on my own. They knew I was curious of the surface beyond a doubt and tried to discourage me. Their efforts just made me want it more, for not only did this strange place above the waters hold all sorts of untold mysteries and secrets, but also this sense of allure that all forbidden things held.

Naturally, once I came of age, I snuck away at first opprotunity to finally see what the world beyond the ocean was really like. My first impression was that the world of air was strange. Upon surfacing, all I saw was a large ocean expanse - and what appeared to be another grayer ocean above me. Was the world just a bunch of large seas stacked atop one another? Why were surfacer currents so cold? Questions such as these rapidly buzzed through my mind until I heard the sound of bizarre music and merriment in the distance. Ever the curious sort, I swam in that direction to investigate, only to catch sight of a large brown ship sailing on the horizon. I had never seen them as anything other than sunken, rotting wrecks - so the idea of one in its prime was immediately fascinating for me. Of course, things never go as planned for me - a lesson I would learn much later. There ended up being a violent storm. The ship didn't sink, but a hansome man - the first man I'd ever laid eyes upon - was knocked overboard.

I saved his life. I don't know how I managed it, but I managed to find and swim to shore while carrying the weight of an unconcious man. I was naive, certainly, but I wasn't a complete fool. I knew that humans could not breath underwater as mer can. I also knew, from my sisters' tales, that humans usually did not react well to meeting mer. So I hid nearby, watching over him as best as I could from behind a cluster of large rocks. He was eventually found by a woman of his kind and taken back to society. 'This is the last I will ever see of him,' I had thought. Yet, I couldn't comprehend why this bothered me so.

For the next several weeks I became more and more curious about the man I saved. What did his voice sound like? What did he - and by extention humans - do for fun? What does he eat? More and more questions filled my mind, nearly driving me mad. It was only natural that I came to the conclusion I did - that I had to see him again. So I did the dumbest thing imaginable. I indebted myself to a sea witch, trading my voice and tail for a pair of human legs. From there, things went pretty similarly to the common tale. I washed up on the surface, was discovered by him, and lived with the man in his palace. I was but a pet, a quiet and pretty thing to dance and listen and obey as he saw fit. I was heartbroken to discover that he would soon marry, as this meant that my 'human lessons' - or what I thought of them at least - were going to come to an end. His betrothed made it clear that she did not approve his keeping my company.

One night I ventured to the beach where it all began to quietly mourn my misfortune - and my foolishness. What I did not count on was for my sisters to approach from the waters, with shortened shaggy hair and two gifts well in hand. One was a lovely blade made from a sharpened shark's tooth. The other was a box, which contained my previously bargained away voice. Yet, none of my sisters would speak but one. She told me that they had traded their hair, the others their voices, to get me back what I had lost. She told me I could return home, to the sea, and be mer again - but I had to kill the man I left the ocean. It was comforting, to know even after my foolishness that my sisters still loved me.

Yet, their love was ultimately wasted. Sure, I had my voice, but I have always been a meek being. I couldn't muster the courage or heart to kill the man. So, I hid my blade away and continued my life as a human. For as much as I felt embittered towards the man by that point, he and his kind still fascinated me. So, for many years more I still played the part of the silent pet. Even though the man's wife hated me, even though human customs were so confusing and strange, I still stayed. Even after the man's wife was murdered, and I framed for the crime, I still stayed.

By then, I knew that I was doomed - yet I could not accept it. There was so much more of this world for me to learn. There was so much more to do, to see. So, for the first time since I came to land, I spoke. On the day that would have been my execution, I pleaded for all who knew me to look at the facts and help me prove my innocence. The man's servants laughed or accused me of witchcraft. The man and wifes' friends jeered at me, called me a liar. Even the man himself laughed, having come just to watch me die. I would certainly have hung had it not been for an ugly, peculiar man - one who promised to prove my innocence in return for an unnamed favor at a later point in time. Having been in no position to argue, I agreed - so the ugly man proved my innocence and set me free.

To my knowledge, no one ever found the murderer - although I suspected the man I saved to be the culprit. Then again, that might have simply been bitterness on my part. But I digress! From there I started my life anew. Things were hard, but I always managed to get by. I'd even learned how to write and read! As soon as I regained some semblance of hope, it was quickly dashed away with wicked Azmodan's attack on the Fairy Tale world. Once more, I was stuck in a strange and unfamiliar world as I did my best to survive. Things are once more looking up for me, since I've put by literary knowledge and new found obsession to good use. I began collecting books and eventually opened up a library. I even helped rebuild by keeping an archive of the old world's history, the current world's events, and the like.

Quinverra

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items