Feeling like complete s**t...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TaimaTami13

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:11 pm
I love my mom to death and we're really close, but I feel like the one person who should be making me feel happy and comfortable with who I am is the one person who is constantly putting me down simply because I don't dress a certain way or wear make up. My hair is also another hot topic that she likes to make fun of. I know she means well and is trying to look out for me, but I'm trying hard not to cry because she doesn't seem to get that I am comfortable as I am, whether people notice my looks or me in general or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:26 am
Lovely Little Neko14
I love my mom to death and we're really close, but I feel like the one person who should be making me feel happy and comfortable with who I am is the one person who is constantly putting me down simply because I don't dress a certain way or wear make up. My hair is also another hot topic that she likes to make fun of. I know she means well and is trying to look out for me, but I'm trying hard not to cry because she doesn't seem to get that I am comfortable as I am, whether people notice my looks or me in general or not.

Have you sat her down and spoken to her, instead of just saying "stop that" or some such thing?

If no, do so. Be very clear about your feelings, without hurting hers.

If yes, then the situation is becoming emotionally abusive.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

TaimaTami13

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:13 am
Isis Wife Of Osiris
Lovely Little Neko14

Have you sat her down and spoken to her, instead of just saying "stop that" or some such thing?

If no, do so. Be very clear about your feelings, without hurting hers.

If yes, then the situation is becoming emotionally abusive.

For me, it's a little hard because I'm not sure where I should even start. Given the situation with my dad where he constantly shot down my feelings before, I find it hard to actually tell my mom how I feel without getting into a fight with her  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 am
Lovely Little Neko14

Just tell her that you love way you are. If she get a little mad that's fine you need stand up for yourself. Am sure shell understand if really close as say. Shell understand and heck this may bring you guys more closer. Sorry for misspelling and gammer.  

Queen_Of_The_Cuties

Heart Waffles

TaimaTami13

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 am
OoO Hello OoO
Lovely Little Neko14

Just tell her that you love way you are. If she get a little mad that's fine you need stand up for yourself. Am sure shell understand if really close as say. Shell understand and heck this may bring you guys more closer. Sorry for misspelling and gammer.

It's ok, it happens and I have tried sometimes before, but she just gets angry and ignores me sometimes. We're really close as it is, we just have these stupid fights about my appearance and everything goes out the window  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 am
Obviously a lot of parents aren't always the greatest, something similar happens to my dads girlfriend. Her mom owns a really successful fitness company that she build off nothing so she's always buying her materialistic things and telling her what to do with her hair because she doesn't use chemicals, just goes all natural with her products and doesn't wear make up either.

So, if you can't convince your mom to hop off your d**k, she's just going to have to accept who you are. As long as you love yourself and enjoy the way you present yourself, keep on rocking that s**t. Even if it is your parent, you still have to live to please yourself.

Keep doing you.  

Constant Munchies

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces