Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Great Hall Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image

The Great Hall has been bedecked and transformed into a dance hall. Seating has been provided off of the main floor for those that don't wish to dance, and refreshments have been provided at one of the many tables. The hall has been decked for the season, and people may come and go to other areas of the ball from this room.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall walked into the Great Hall, excited for the dance to unfold. He pushed his glasses up his nose, then hurried up the hallway to the hall. He stepped in the giant room, his jaw dropping. Everything was so pretty for wintertime! Did they know just how much he loved winter? He snuggled his new sweater, then looked around, wide eyes reflecting all the lights. He scooted around, searching for any of his friends, but he was a bit early, so he wasn't sure if they'd be there yet. The short male stood on his tiptoes to try to see over the older people, but, it was to no avail, as much of the student population was taller than him, tiptoes or not. He decided it was best to step off the dancefloor and go wait by the tables, so he did so, still smiling like a fool.

{OoC: Feel free to interact with Lyall!}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:17 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Tanya Cherri
                                                          Looking Dapper at the Yule Ball with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Like you haven't danced with her before... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I long for a loss of breath ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          And a most dire predicament ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Murders in the rue morgue ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Silence and shadow's what I adore ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho entered the Great Hall, still blushing, just barely. The trek from the seventh floor down had his head mostly set to rights, but he didn't think he'd be getting over how great Tanya looked for a good, long while. Certainly not any time tonight. He wished he had a camera... didn't Gypsy have one? Maybe she'd bring it down, this seemed like the sort of thing she'd want pictures for. In the meantime, though... he glanced over at Tanya. Their arms had dropped somewhere around the fourth floor or so, because really, trying to go down all those stairs like that was simply impractical. Not to mention that he was pretty sure it'd looked ridiculous... they'd agreed on that front and both burst out laughing on the second floor landing. Now, their hands were clasped together, which was much more comfortable and less difficult to maneuver with. "So... do you want to hunt down people to chat, get something to eat... Or, would the lady like to dance?" he asked, smiling faintly. Honestly, he didn't quite know if he could eat right now. His stomach was still full of butterflies. But, he could at least try to look like he wasn't nervous, right? Even if this was technically their first actual, honest to God date... which he hadn't realized it was until that moment. Brilliant, he thought, swallowing, cheeks darkening again. Well, it wasn't like he could screw it up, right?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ I can't explain just how it feels;
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ The thought of my premature burial
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Inside this oblong box I lie
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ With the hopes I'll be buried alive

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 pm
Valentina Melody La Russa
Fourteen Years Old/ Fourth Year Gryffindor

Wearing: A long red evening gown with pearls/ Single/ Pure blood/ thinking: Hoping someone will ask me to dance/ Heiress to the La Russa Fortune

Valentina walked into the Great hall for the Yule Ball wearing a long red gown and pearls sent from her mother in Italy. She originally didn't want to go but she thought she might as well and see what it is like. Valentina thought to herself that she actually cleans up quite well from her normally jeans and singlet top or uniform. She was hoping to see Alice and Jasper to see hte look on their faces on how they she look. Even though she was hoping someone would of asked her to the ball but no one didn't unless she may find someone here to dance with hopefully. "These heels are already killing me by the end of the night I would probably be dead." Valentina said as the shoes was beginning to hurt her feet. "This dress is making it hard to breath already. I don't understand why girls go through this stuff just to go to these things." She said as she was fixing up her dress. "I have so much hairspray in my hair its not funny I should of used a Harden Charm instead of hairspray" She said as her hair was already starting to itch. If she didn't she could always go jump into the black lake with the merpeople hoping that they will kill her so would not have return to school next year. Valentina still can not believe she is wearing a gown and heel again. The last time she wore a dress was for her sister Vera's wedding before she went back to school still that almost killed her.

OOC: Free for Interaction

Quote:

Put Name here

Put Name here

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:28 pm
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Ariana, hopefully
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope she shows up soon.

Jesse walked into the Hall, his hands in his pockets and looking around at everything. Most of the things here he could have fenced for a pretty penny, but he was trying to reform. That being said, it would look kind of rude to do that when he was on a date. Or whatever this happened to be with Ariana. He wasn't sure yet. The brunette simply decided that waiting off to one side would be the best bet at the moment, and proceeded to lean against the wall, away from potential dancers but close enough he could spot Ariana when she showed up.

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

amo10690

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: Dress

Arianna entered the reformed Great Hall and gasped. The hall looked amazing everything was decorated in a lovely White Christmas theme. Ari attempted to control her excitement. She was supposed to be here with someone. She glanced around looking for the Slytherin boy who had asked her to meet him here. She brushed a piece of invisible lint from her teal cocktail dress out of nerves. She still hadn't found him through the sea of students joining the ball. As she searched for him she noticed most of the girls were wearing floor length dresses. She felt the panic surge as she wondered if she was too under dressed. That's when she noticed him not too far from the entrance leaning against the wall. She took a deep breath in and made her way towards him. She tucked a auburn hair that had strayed behind her ear as she approached Jesse. "Sorry, I hope you didn't have to wait long."

She still had doubts running through her mind as to why did he suddenly want to ask her to the Yule Ball. But she would take it in stride and hope that this wasn't some sort of cruel prank.

Red Hot Missy

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:00 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Comely at the Yule Ball with Emily
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, everything's so pretty! ❞

Mary have mercy, now look what I've done. ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          But don't blame me because I can't help where I come from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          And running is something that we've always done, ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Well and mostly I can't even tell what I'm running from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone's eyes were as wide as dinner plates as she entered the Great Hall with her best friend. Everything looked so pretty! The House-Elves (who she was fairly certain had done the decorating) had really outdone themselves! She was really more fond of springtime than she was winter, and more fond of flowers than she was snow, but she couldn't deny how beautiful it was. She glanced over at Emily with a grin. "It's even snowing!" she said, pointing upwards at the ceiling where, sure enough, snowflakes were falling. It was only the illusion cast by the enchanted ceiling, of course, but that didn't make it any less spectacular. She was actually sort of glad she'd decided to remain at the castle for this. She missed her dad and Ava, of course, but she felt safer here for one, and she thought that this might end up being a lot of fun. Certainly more than Christmas at home would've been (not that she'd ever tell her dad that, given how hard he tried). On that note, she needed to send Darcy a letter to say Merry Christmas. She'd sort of waited to see if he'd mail her one, but so far, nothing. She was sort of put out by that, but he was probably just busy, she reasoned. He had a very demanding job, after all.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ I cannot run from my family, they're hiding inside me,
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ Corpses on ice, come in if you like, but just don't tell my family.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ They'd never forgive me, they say that I'm crazy,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ But they would say anything if it would shut me up.

User Image

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm
User Image

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Ariana
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting
                                                                What am I thinking? Oh, there she is!

Jesse looked up and waved to Arianna, noticing the dress she wore. He blinked and shook his head, knowing he hadn't been there too long. He'd just wanted to stay out of the way of couples that were meeting up, after all. "Nah, I wasn't waiting that long. Nice dress by the way. Looks good with your hair. So, uhh, I don't want to sound like a prat, because I probably will at some point, but what do you wanna do? Grab a drink real fast before dancing or something?" He had no clue. He hadn't danced before in his life, and was afraid he'd step on everyone's toes here. He didn't want to do that.

OOC:

No turning back now

amo10690

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:18 pm
User Image
----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Walking the grounds.
How am I feeling? Bored and cold.
What's on my mind? Need a break from studying...

Lyall had asked all of the girls in their group of friends to come with him to the Yule Ball as friends, and of course, Rider had accepted. No one else had asked her either way. She had dressed in a green dress with a red shawl, black leggings and her red Converse shoes (Rider abhors heels), accompanied with a small black and red purse. Walking into the Great Hall, she looked around for her friends. She spotted Lyall by himself over by the tables, so she walked over to him. Approaching from behind, she covered his eyes and said, "Guess 'o!" Smiling, she hugged her friend excitedly, sitting down at the table he was standing near.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:20 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya gasped as she and Echo walked into the Great hall and eagerly took in all the beauty that was all around. She almost couldn't believe that they had managed to change the hall into something so majestic. But she supposed magic could do just about anything. She tightened her hold on her boyfriend's hand and even allowed their clasped hands to swing a little as they walked through the crowds of beautifully dressed students. Looking around, she didn't spot anyone she knew just yet and thought that made a mental note to look for Elsie and Kas later. At his question she turned to him with chuckle before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I don't see anyone we know yet and I don't really feel like eating at the moment. But a dance does sound nice." More than nice if she were honest but she decided to keep that to herself. Tanya felt like she could successfully do a lot of things, but dancing has yet to be one of them. Still, it was an excuse to move even closer to Echo without her father dropping from the ceiling like ruddy Batman so who was she to disagree.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Yule Shoot Your Eye OutWhere: Great HallWith: EchoThinking: WooaahhhOOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:23 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: Dress

Ari sighed with relief when Jesse shook his head. She hated being late and in her opinion it was pretty rude leaving people hanging too long. Ari felt the heat from a blush creep into her cheeks as he complimented her dress. She had chosen this teal blue because it went well with her hair and it was easy to match her silver shoes to. She glanced over at him, "Thanks, you clean up well yourself." She frowned as he called himself a prat. He didn't come off that way at all. She wondered why he thought that of himself. "Let's go grab some drinks first. That sounds good." She grinned at him thinking a drink sounded like a great idea before they started dancing. She let her date lead the way to the refreshment table.

Red Hot Missy"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm
User Image

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Ariana
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting
                                                                What am I thinking? Oh, there she is!

Jesse grinned and nodded, getting off the wall and leading her to the refreshment area. He leaned over to her and after glancing around a bit, whispered to her, "Uh, you know how to dance, right? I kind of don't. I can probably fake it well enough, but..." He left the rest unsaid. He didn't know how else to tell her he was probably the worst dancer here. Though there were probably people worse than him. "Just don't tell anyone. I kind of try and make it seem like I'm good at that stuff."

OOC: Next post at Refreshments

No turning back now

amo10690

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Tanya Cherri
                                                          Looking Dapper at the Yule Ball with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Like you haven't danced with her before... ❞

I long for a loss of breath ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          And a most dire predicament ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Murders in the rue morgue ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Silence and shadow's what I adore ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho smiled at her, offering his hand. For a minute, he considered doing a cheesy half-bow, but figured that he'd been cheesy enough for the night with that line and offering his arm to her on the way down. "Sounds good to me," he said, though he was fighting a sudden surge of nerves. There weren't many people dancing yet, and he couldn't shake the paranoia that people would be watching them. He didn't particularly know why they would be, of course. He and Tanya were hardly an interesting couple to stalk, at least by any standards he could think of. He was pretty sure the only people sticking their noses in his relationship were their friends and Professor Harlowe (which, that still weirded him out, but then, he thought that her dating Professor Powell was pretty amusing, too, and turnabout's fair play). The Ravenclaw led Tanya to the dance floor, free hand settling on her hip. He gave her a teasing look. "So, you do remember where everything goes, right?" he asked her, remembering the way she'd stiffened up when he'd placed his hand there at the Cupid's Ball... had that been second year? Or third? He couldn't even remember. It seemed like ages ago. He had to admit, he much preferred being here this time. Mostly because of her.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ I can't explain just how it feels;
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ The thought of my premature burial
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Inside this oblong box I lie
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ With the hopes I'll be buried alive

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall was people watching, when someone covered his glasses. A familiar voice, and the only of his friends with a deep Irish accent, spoke up, making him grin. "Could that be Rider?!" He turned around, then smiled at his friend. "It is! It is Rider! Hiya!" He pulled her into a hug, then stood up again, before he took his glasses off. Everything turned to a heavy blur as he used his sweater to scrub the lenses, but when he returned the frames to his face (after jabbing his eyes twice), he was able to see clearly again. "You look so beautiful, Ryder! I love your dress!" He offered a huge smile, one that was quite common on his face.

[quote="SummerIsles"

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items