Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

Nodding, Lexine shrugged slightly. "I thought I had.." She murmured, gaze drifting off to her left. She had figured, despite her not bringing Iñigo into the basement when he had come over, she vaguely remembered telling him about the playroom. It was a wonder how Iñigo hadn't mentioned the library his father had. Once gain Iñigo brought up his 'excellent photographic memory' again, and once again Lexine had to chuckle. "Mmhm, sure, your 'photographic' memory is eluding you? You mean the one you don't have?" She jeered quietly, pushing a lock of hair out of her face. "If you have a photographic memory, then I must have one as well, because your horrible memory is almost as bad as mine."

"No, you don't seem stiff, I suppose..."
                                                Lexine shrugged. If anything Iñigo was very comfortable with dancing with her, more so than she had been, especially with his hand lingering on her hip. "This is just...a little weird, ya'know? I mean, we've not exactly been dating that long and...it's just... I don't know." Lexine rambled, frowning a bit. She realised when she'd finished she had basically reiterated what Iñigo had expressed and chuckled a bit. "Seems like we both have a bit of an issue with the intimacy of slow dances... But hey, at least you know how to slow dance. I have a feeling that this would be extremely awkward had neither of us known how to slow dance. Guess all those parties you were forced to go to paid off in the end, eh?" She pointed out, smiling.

When Iñigo turned his head, Lexine brought her attention to the other side of the room where students began shrieking. Tilting her head, Lexine attempted at figuring out what was going on before she felt Iñigo begin to push her back. Before she knew it, Lexine had nearly stumbled over and Iñigo was covered in ink. It took her a moment before she caught sight of Peeves who was apparently dropping wells of ink on students. She couldn't help but bite back a laugh as black ink dripped down Iñigo's face.
                                                "That's...something..." Lexine muttered, biting her bottom lip again. "I'll get that for you," Lexine offered, reaching down for her wand. However, when she reached down, it wasn't there. Oh yeah... She thought to herself. Having thought she wasn't going to need it, Lexine hadn't thought to bring it with her, after all she didn't exactly expect Peeves to come and attempt to drop ink on her, nor had she really expected Iñigo to get ink poured on him. "Well, I can't guarantee this is going to work, but we're gonna try anyway. You've been warned." Lexine half-joked. She didn't think anything really bad would happen, but then again she couldn't be sure with wandless magic. She murmured a quick "Purgo Udatramento," and watched as the ink that once covered Iñigo's face and hair vanished. She blinked a few times, realising then that she was much better with wandless magic. "Honestly, I didn't think that was going to work...I'm sure glad it did, though." She laughed, looking back up to make sure there were no other ink bottles flying around.

"You want to go somewhere else? I'm not too keen on staying in here with Peeves hanging around and...well, throwing ink bottles at everyone." Lexine asked, a bit of anger on the edge of her voice. She had never been entertained by Peeves' 'jokes', they had always been exceedingly annoying. Plus, Lexine wasn't interested in hanging out in the now ink-covered Great Hall. This was especially because she was likely to fall over if she were to even attempt to walk around. While Lexine didn't care if ghosts, spirits, or poltergeists hung around Hogwarts, she honestly didn't believe that Peeves should really be at Hogwarts anymore. He was always nothing but trouble, especially for the First years. It was no wonder he was never invited to any school events...

yule ball x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:30 pm
I'm back in Liverpool,
And everything seems the same...
But I worked something out last night,
That changed this little girl's brain!
A small piece of advice,
Sixteen years in the make-
And I will break it to you now,
Please learn from my mistakes.

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Sixth Year Prefect ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: thrilled} {thinking: ...yeah, I look hot} {with: Dorian} {at: Yule Ball}

Jess certainly hoped he was impressed by her show of bravado. Well, not a complete show; some of it was very genuine, because she felt comfortable with him, and right now she wasn't that worried about what people thought of her or saw her as. But she was a bit worried that now she would screw up, and he would think she was all talk, or worse, that she was really just a super bad dancer. She nodded matter of factly at his stammering and grinned back at him, because really that was all she could at the moment, because the next moment his thumb was on her skin- okay, be cool, be cool, she coached herself, and managed not to look completely a**l and do something stupid like giggle or jump. She knew she tensed, though, but it was only for a second because it wasn't like he kept his thumb there or something. Honestly, she scolded herself, the dress was open on the sides, what had she expected? Still, she was jittery and had to bite her lip to keep herself from rambling. "Okay," she got out a little bit breathlessly. She subtly glanced around at everyone else, and started to move the same way. It was hardly fast paced, but she was too preoccupied thinking about other things to really notice. Even his joke passed her by, but she laughed anyways, hazarding a guess it had been a joke or pun or something humorous.

His next words made her blink and then blurt out, "Oh! No, not like this, I didn't mean I like, waltz around by myself-," she looked down at her feet for a few moments before looking back up when her face was less red. "I just- you know. I like to move around. I take classes sometimes in the summer. Mostly hip hop and contemporary. But rhythm is what I'm good at, and I can follow a beat. I think I did ballet for a little while when I was a kid, and I was okay at it, but I always liked tap more. And then I got into gymnastics, even if I can't ever compete- I wouldn't want to, anyways, I feel like it'd be less fun then, and I just do it casually, since I'm away most of the time..." She hoped he was entertained by this, because she was just talking to talk right now and convince herself that she was still confident, still perky, and that she definitely knew what she was doing. Though, she didn't think they were doing poorly at all. A lot better than some others, actually, and she wasn't just talking about the eleven year olds who didn't know where to put their own feet half the time, never mind when dancing. This moment of triumph was ruined by the brief entrance if Peeves to rain ink on everyone's figurative parade. Jess would be damned if he got ink on this dress, or God forbid, her hair, and when an ink bottle crashed to the floor just behind her she squealed against her wishes and sort of jumped forward, practically into Dorian. Well, if she'd been flustered by touching before...

"Sorry," she gasped, and cautiously backed up. Some ink might have splattered on the back of her dress, she couldn't be sure, and there was no way she was going to check right now anyways. Half the dancers were covered in ink, it wasn't such a novelty. She watched the ceiling with sharp eyes until the poltergeist vanished.

I swear I'll find the cure for a broken heart.

Cara MiaKitty

Let's dance to joy division,
And raise our glass to the ceiling!
'Cause this could all go so wrong,
But we're so happy!
So if you're ever feeling down,
Grab your purse and take a taxi-
To the darker side of town...
That's where we'll be.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~14|Fourth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo blinked and nodded as she said that she thought she had, not really knowing what to say at that point, but then she made it a point to assert that he didn't have a photographic. An even bigger smile found its way onto his face, smiling as she seemed to pick up on just how good his memory actually was. His memory wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible of course...just rather average. "Well...I have photographic foresight...does that count?" he asked her jokingly, laughing. It was actually a tad ironic because the fact that he was saying he had a photographic memory, due to the fact that he actually saw the polar opposite of the timeline...and that was the future.

As she commented on his dancing, he shrugged his shoulder. He actually thought he was, but maybe he was just thinking too much, due to his overwhelming desire to impress her. "I know...I'm sure we'll get used to it though. I mean, despite it being different, I can say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with you," he assured her, smiling as he danced with her. "I'm sure that would've been a great time actually. We would have been like the couple over there." He pointed to a younger two kids that were dancing who seemed especially awkward, but they also seemed to be having the best of times. Of course, Iñigo was having a great time, but he hadn't the faintest of clues if she was enjoying herself. He knew that she was smiling, but she also didn't seem the most comfortable because of her own insecurities when it came to being seen dancing. "But I guess those parties did come somewhat helpful." He shrugged his shoulders as he said this, never really liking them, but he could see where she was coming from by that.

As the ink fell on his head, he didn't know what he was going to do. He instantly thought that the night was ruined...that is, until he gained his bearings. He joked a bit about it, but that was because he really just didn't expect ink of all things to fall on his head and really, Lexine seemed to get rid of it, using wandless magic. She uttered a spell that he didn't really hear, but it worked, because as fast as it had fallen on him, it was away. He uttered curses at Peeves under his breath, a little pissed that he felt the need to try to ruin his night. "Look at you, I won't lie Miss Vance, I'm impressed," he said to her, smiling and looking at his suit, going from the arms to the legs and it was spotless. "Good as new...thank you." She really saved his night. He knew not if he had put his wand in his pocket before he left the common room. He had, but it was in the other pocket...to which he scowled at. "So that's where my wand went...other pocket. Damn photographic memory." He gave her a toothy smile as he said it, referring to their previous conversation to which he was sure she would use as an example of why he doesn't have a good memory.

As she posed the question to him, all he did was nod at first, completely agreeing with the girl. He hated the fact that Peeves was there to ruin the whole thing and the ball room was covered in ink and no one even seemed to try to tend to it. So, the only logical decision would be to go somewhere else. "Yeah, sure, there is the Christmas Garden outside and some other places. Where do you want to go? It is a little cold outside, but I'd much rather be there then getting ink thrown on me again, which is bound to happen if we stay," he said, scowling at Peeves before looking back to Lexine and giving her his best smile. It was hard to do when he was infuriated with the poltergeist's actions.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:37 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Crushing on Jessamine Walsh
                                                          Looking Sharp at the Yule Ball with Jess
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I'm gonna ruddy kill Julius... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

They're pacing and glowing bright ☽ O ☾xxx
                                                          Their faces all snowy and white ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          Bury their paws in the stone ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Make for their heart as my home ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDorian flushed faintly at her reaction to the joke, noting how distracted she seemed. Probably because he'd touched her waist like that; he'd felt her tense. Hard not to. And, weirdly enough, he could literally smell how uncomfortable she was, which made him feel guilty about screwing up like that. The fourth year had to wonder where all this awkwardness was coming from, both on his end, and hers. He'd always been awkward around her, or, he had since he'd realized he liked her, anyway, but never this bad. They were on a date... shouldn't that make him feel less awkward? Certainly less awkward that he would've been if he'd been the one to actually ask her to the bloody ball. Actually, he knew exactly how awkward he would've been... so awkward he never would've asked. Because he didn't. Julius did. He wondered if that was something he should confess, but it seemed like asking for trouble. "I didn't actually ask you on a date" seemed insulting... even if he only hadn't asked because he was too chicken to do it. And absolutely none of that explained why she was freaking out, so he had to assume it was because of his hand on her waist. Brilliant.

spaceHer sudden rambling about the dancing made his insides squirm; he'd made her nervous, alright. Still, it wasn't like he could take it back, and apologizing for crossing a line, especially when she seemed content to ignore it, seemed counterproductive. Instead, he listened intently to everything she was saying, even though it probably wasn't all that important. He cocked his head to the side in curiosity. "Why wouldn't you be able to compete?" he asked. Not being particularly athletic, or caring overmuch about sports, he'd never bothered looking into any. The werewolf could be forgiven for not knowing that witches and wizards couldn't compete in muggle sports. "Not that I disagree... I don't really like competing for things anyway. I'd rather just... you know. Do it." Belatedly, he remembered that she was on their house Quidditch team, and he felt like banging his head into the wall. He'd gone to a ruddy game to watch her play, how could he have forgotten that? "Not that anything's wrong with competing, I just... uh... I'm not..." He scowled. Ugh, he was such an idiot sometimes. But, before he got a chance to even try to elaborate on that (and how would he have done it, anyway?), Peeves had appeared.

spaceDori watched the poltergeist pelting the dancers with the inkwells, frowning faintly. He didn't want to ruin this suit... it'd been sort of expensive, he knew. Distracted as he was, he wasn't quite prepared when the jar that fell to the ground just behind her made her jump forward, closer to him, his arms instinctively came around her. He briefly considered that he should ask if she wanted him to check the back of her dress for ink, but... well, all things considered, that was probably a bad idea. He'd already crossed one line, no need to cross another. He was flushing crimson when she backed up, her apology almost not registering. "You're... fine..." he said faintly, blinking a bit. Once you got past all the weird nervous scent stuff, she smelled really, really nice, and he had gotten a pretty good whiff of her. The Hufflepuff glanced up to see that Peeves had vanished, and breathed a sigh of relief. "That could've been worse," he said, wondering if he were jinxing them by saying so. It certainly felt like it.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx☽ O ☾ They tumble and fight
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ And they're beautiful
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ On the hilltops at night
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ They are beautiful

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:25 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: stunned] [thinking: ...] [with: Ronna] [at: Yule Ball]

Toby raised his eyebrows at her. "You wear high heeled boots on a regular basis. But I get your point. It's not like I'm the perfect gentleman, either," he muttered. "As I'm sure everyone knows." He'd been lectured enough by his mother, and yelled at by Jess about it. It wasn't that he was a douche bag or necessarily inconsiderate, but he wasn't that great at always remembering to hold doors or pull out chairs or not make crude jokes in front of girls or not to curse in front of kids- It went on and on. Still, he was proud of himself for holding up like this thus far.

He responded to her joke by adopting a look of indignation. "Certainly not," he retorted, before sobering. "Hey, you're doing a pretty good job so far. My feet are still intact, we've managed to restrain ourselves from speed walking out to have fun, and don't even mention that," he ended with a groan of dismay. "Geez, did you have to put it like that? Jess is innocent! Well, not really, if you hear some of the things she says- when it comes to blokes she is though, for the most part. She's kinda... She just wants people to like her," he finished lamely. "And I'm a guy, and I'm a bit of an a-hole, at times, and I don't want other a-holes manipulating her because they think she's an easy target or something. She's my responsibility," he insisted.

Toby was of the sort that believed everyone had a role in life, if they just figured it out, and part of his role was to be, to some degree, his sister's keeper. Even if she thought she didn't need him looking out for her. "I don't have to be intimidating," he defended himself. "I just have to make threats and then actually follow through." He wasn't going to threaten to punch someone in the face, and then not actually do it and risk looking like a coward, even if he was a prefect and was supposed to be better than that. But he was completely distracted by the entrance of Peeves. He didn't mind Peeves as much as other students did, because Peeves could be hilarious- when it wasn't you he was messing with, after all. Be that as it may, Toby did not intend to get ink dropped on him. Be that as it may, he got splattered with ink anyways, but at least it hadn't shattered directly on him, and the damage done wasn't too bad.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

Quote:

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 pm
Consuming space and time you welcome it.
And drawing side-by-side the lines you see fit...
Truth or consequence; you yield and go-
And take control!
You’re getting big, you’re wanting more...
You’re hiding behind your plastic soul.
Screaming out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have a doubt who’s in control.

ᵉᵛᵃᶰᵈᵉʳ ᵗʳᶤˢᵗᵃᶰ ˡᶤˡˡᵃᶰᵗᶤᶰᵉ
ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤʳˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳ
ᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ
User Image

You're getting big: Amused | You're wanting more: ... | Hiding behind: Wendy | Your plastic soul: Yule Ball

Vander frowned; he hadn't felt particularly enthralled by her sugary sweet older cousin. She was pretty enough and obviously intelligent, but her mannerisms were so off putting to him he couldn't picture anyone falling for it, but then again, maybe it was just him. He was just glad his sister wasn't like that. Anti was gloomy and cynical and for the most part boring, but at least she was quiet most of the time. He watched with guarded interest as she narrowed her eyes at him and then flushed a little. He'd gotten to her again. She even stammered for a split second. "Isn't that usually applied to children?" he sneered. His parents were certainly fond of saying "children should be seen and not heard", at least to his younger siblings. His speech was rarely censored by them. He felt strange, however, actually trying to get her to talk about herself, or at least talk with him. Like he was somehow playing devil's advocate. Why should he want to have an actual discussion with her, anyways? She was just some girl, just a girl who liked to harass and had practically forced him to take her to the ball. But as of right now, she was the closest thing to even an acquaintance that he had, and just because Vander didn't like over half the school by default didn't mean he wanted to spend the next seven years alone. He jumped a little at Peeves, to his chagrin, but convinced himself it was only because he'd never seen the poltergeist this close up before. He went for his wand as ink rained down on everyone, though he wasn't even sure what spell to use. But Wendy was quicker and he stared as she froze the bottles and they came crashing down to the floor. He leaned back a little as they shattered, looking at Wendy as she explained. It took him a few moments to figure out what to even say. "That's useful," he muttered, looking up warily as Peeves continued to wreak havoc before disappearing.

ᵃᶰᵈ ʲᵘᶳᵗ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᶳᵉ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒˡˑ

mc2

If you follow everyone it’s easier to find-
You have the courage and the heart to lose your mind!
Behind the curtain there’s a certain man you know...
You can’t control.
You need it now, you want it more...
Hiding behind your plastic soul.
You scream out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have doubt who’s in control.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

Lexine bit her bottom lip and looked up as if really thinking hard about it, then looked to Iñigo. "Uh, no. I don't think so. I don't think that really counts as 'photographic' either, I mean you probably forget about some parts, don't you?" She asked before looking around and shaking her head. "No, wait, don't answer that. I don't think this is really the place to mention that. Ya'know?" She stammered, lowering her voice a bit. While it may seem like a joke to the people around them, she doubted that if they actually kept up a conversation about it then it would really be thought of as a 'joke'. Of course, the number of people actually listening to their conversation was questionable, while she doubted anyone actually was, she couldn't be positive. There were people like her who snooped in on conversations while sitting in the background, so she could never be sure...therefore, dropping the conversation was the first thing that popped into her mind. Then again, as she thought about it, maybe her lowering her voice made it obvious... "Uh, sorry..." She mumbled, frowning a bit. Somehow Lexine had made this strangely awkward for herself...how that was possible, she wasn't sure, but somehow she'd done it.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure if neither of us knew how to dance I'd not be out here." Lexine confessed. "Sure, I would've just loved to be like the awkward younger kids, but I'm kind of an awkward, paranoid girl with self-esteem issues, so that," Lexine rambled, motioning over to the couple Iñigo had pointed out. "That would've probably just made me want to go crawl under my covers because I'd think that everyone was watching and judging me even when I know that no one even cared." She continued, shrugging a bit. "I don't know. You knowing what to do is a bit comforting, I mean at least we're not falling over each other or anything. And hey, I haven't stepped on you yet either." She pointed out, smiling a bit to herself. Considering Lexine was rather clutzy and had fallen over herself in the hallway plenty of times just walking, Lexine was pleasantly surprised that she hadn't really tripped up all that much yet. After all, not only was she dancing, but she was dancing in heels. She wasn't exactly the most skilled, even on short, one-inch heels.

Lexine laughed, shaking her head.
                                                "Trust me, Mr. Albion-Alexandré, I'm just as impressed as you. I mean, considering my record with wandwork..." Lexine trailed off -- half the time nothing happened, the other half something bad happened. "I guess it's a very good thing I decided to take wandless magic, eh?" Lexine laughed, looking over her boyfriend's spotless suit. She bowed her head a bit as a 'it was nothing' gesture before rolling her eyes at his 'photographic memory' joke again. "Mmkay buddy, don't beat the horse while it's down." Lexine muttered, patting Iñigo's arm and shaking her head.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Lexine thought a minute before looking back up at Iñigo.
                                                "We can go to the Christmas Garden. I didn't bring this shawl for nothing." Lexine shrugged, taking Iñigo's hand in hers and starting towards the door.

yule ball x ooc :: 1. sorry for the short post
                                                2. next post to the christmas garden

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:13 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
6th Year Gryffindor Prefect

User ImageGryffindor Team Beater
Dueling Club Leader
Youth Representative of the Wizengamot
Muggleborn Witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel, Dragon Heartstring
Inflexible and Somewhat Knobby
Height: 5' 8"
DOB: June 22, 2011
Dating: Tobias Walsh

It is: Time for the Yule Ball//I'm at: the Great Hall//Around: Toby and those in the Great Hall//Wearing: Gold

Ronna rolled her eyes when Toby pointed out she wore high heeled boots on a regular basis and she replied, "So, that only means that I can walk and run in heels-that doesn't mean I can dance in them. And as for you being a perfect gentleman do you honestly think I could stand putting up with some guy who acted like I was incapable of opening a door for myself or pulling out chairs for myself?"

She smiled and then began to chuckle as Toby groaned about her mentioning his twin finding a guy and then she blushed realizing her phrasing but she continued joking about the whole thing, "Don't you think you are a bit of a hypocrite though talking about your sister and dates or flings or whatever? Besides like you said you are a bit of an a-hole: is that why you decided to make out with me in that alley because you thought I was an easy target..."

She paused and said, "Wait... I guess if you think about it does sound like that. Okay, we really need to come up with a decent way of describing that whole incident that sounds a bit better on both of us." She then addressed the idea of Jess and some guy, "And I wouldn't worry that much about your sister even if she is innocent with guys. I mean she is almost an adult-at least by wizard law standards. Though I have to say the whole overprotective brother thing is kind of cute-" Her thoughts were interrupted at Peeves obnoxious announcement of himself and a raining of ink bottles-one that shattered next to them splattered not only Toby with ink but splattering across Ronna's cheek and some into her hair and down her neck. She stepped away, pulling up the hem of her dress slightly before shooting a murderous glare at Peeves before she wiped some of the ink from her cheek and then looked down at the floor that had quite a bit of ink spilled around them and Ronna muttered a few curses and she looked at Toby and then the ink.

"Okay, I'm so done with dancing... now I just need to figure out how to dodge the ink spills without getting it on this dress which took me forever to decide on... though I guess it doesn't really matter about whether I get ink on the dress or not. Not like I really should need a ball gown-or I can't picture ever really needing one again. Well unless we are still dating when say one of your siblings get married and they decide to make it black tie." She looked at the hem of her dress that had managed to avoid ink and then to trying to find a path off the dance floor dodging every ink spill.

User Image
                                                  The Forgotten Weasley

{{OoC}}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:17 pm
User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

How much do you want to bet my blood is purer than yours?

Second Year Slytherin
Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Wearing: White: The color of Innocence, right?

☁ ☂ ☁

"Useful for whom, though?" Wendy countered almost as if the words were something of a reflex than actually thought much on. She studied Evander for a moment wondering how to answer his question about her comment on being seen and heard and how it generally applied to children. She nodded once and answered, "Well, yes, it does tend to apply to children-which mind you we both are technically-but it doesn't just apply to them of course."

She gave half a smile and said, "There obviously would be different expectations of you and me, Mr. Lillantine. I'm only a branch member and I owe a great deal to the sympathy of the Avery family. I owe a debt to do what is in their best interests. And, I'm a girl, girls don't need to be all that clever or smart to be useful. In fact it is more useful for someone like me to be seen and not heard. Granted I've been heard before seen on occasion..." She paused and said crossing her arms behind her back and closing her eyes listening to the music that never stopped despite Peeves's idiotic and boorish antics, "My mother was a musician... or could play well, I suppose. I don't know. I don't remember her. Father thought it wise to enroll me in lessons of her favorite instruments though. I continued the study after his retirement of sorts-I enjoy it. And it is a pretty skill to have-to play the viola or the harp."

She smiled looking back to Vander, "I suppose I should have picked up a more typical or popular instrument. Isn't a violin more feminine to play than a viola? Or I could have done something like piano... and piano is kinder to your hands." She paused and then glanced down at the floor, turning red, and then muttered glancing away, her head still bowed slightly, "Sorry. I said too much. I'm being rude." She glanced back up and said steadily with a neutral tone, "You have far more of a right to speak than I ever do. You were saying before we-and everyone else-was interrupted about your siblings. That you aren't particularly fond of them..."

User Image

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Yule Ball : Great Hall

Mira blushed a little bit when Timothy covered her with his jacket. Thinking about just about every fairy tale as a child it was like every girl’s dream. He was a perfect gentleman and in many ways he certainly was Prince Charming (not that Mira would ever say it out loud). Being unsure what to say about his sweet gesture and in many ways, being too flustered by it to say anything resorted signing. “Thank you.” That’s all she needed to say right?

Smiling when he said yes to dancing, with her Mira followed him onto dance floor. Wrapping her arm around Timothy’s neck she knew her face was probably pretty red. It was almost as if she was trying to match her date this evening. Now only one question was on Mira’s mind…
‘Why do I feel like I want to lean my head on him…?’ There was no answer in her mind, except that perhaps Benjamin’s foolish attempts to get them together weren’t so foolish at all. Looking at Timothy, there really wasn’t anyone she’d rather be with. That had to mean something right?

User Image

Status: Happy... Flustered... Wouldn't want to be anywhere else...
With: Timothy

Wearing: All decked out in blue with a gift

OOC: Sorry for the delay, haven't been feeling great for the last week and a half... and now I'm dog sitting. Sadly the dog likes to lay on me which makes it hard to use a laptop lol

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy was sure that it couldn't be natural to have a overly warm tingly feeling where Mira's hands were but he was trying not to think about it. Or about how she was blushing just as madly as he was. He wanted to ask her why but seeing as they were dancing he couldn't sign nor could he just randomly stop and pull out his notebook to jot down a note. He really should have thought out this whole dancing thing a bit better. So he gave a tiny sigh, more from annoyance with himself than the butterfly effects happening in his stomach but gave his friend a small smile to show that it wasn't directed at her. They got to a point in the song where he saw a bunch of the older students were either dipping, twirling, or moving closer to their respective partners and felt his flush brighten. He was much too short and scrawny to dip her without falling over (not that he thought she was heavy or anything!), and he wasn't very comfortable with bringing her any closer than she already was, so he decided that a short twirl would be his best bet. Timothy removed his hands from her waist and grasped one of Mira's and gave her a small twirl hoping he was doing this "date" thing properly. Maybe he should have talked to Echo more besides tie management.

murruelecreuset

mc2

After the all commotion, [Ball Attire]
Ruffle and rustle, [Great Hall]
Saw I silence, [Mira and Benjamin]
All quiet and silently [Dancing with Mira]
Prevailing upon. [OOC~It's ok! I was studying and doing finals all last week so I wasn't in the greatest moods to reply anyway x3]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 pm
We have a flair for the shade and the inbetween...
We like to run with the wolves from the darker scene!
When we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic...
All our friends tell their friends we're so dramatic!
We'll have you wrapped around our trigger finger.
Clean key yellow, you're the target for our stinger!
We'll make you flinch, make it hurt just a little...
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle!

Please keep your victory: Calm
Just give me little death: ...
I know that you're afraid of: Ball Attendees
What I might be made of: Yule Ball

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Morven suddenly realized the conundrum of the whole thing. Seymour obviously wasn't keen on choosing, whether he wanted to see one of them step forward first, whether he just truly didn't give a rat's arse, or whether this was a passive aggressive way of trying to piss both of them off. She was about to hedge a glance at Camila, to see her friend's expression, but then the other girl was speaking, playing along with the little comedy the three of them had going right now. She smiled beatifically, which was almost disturbing on her, at Camila's response, and then looked to the boy as he whinged about her calling him by his given name.

"I know," she said simply, before her eyes widened at his next words. Alright, obviously he and Timmy over there were best mates, given his phrasing and general poking fun at him and Mira. Not that she was surprised; for all his... quirks Seymour seemed outgoing enough, and clearly knew how far he could take his mockery of his friends and everyone else. Well, at least, she thought dryly, she was classified as one of the more likable female Slytherins. In their house it wasn't exactly hard. So long as there were no rumors of you murdering anyone, you were a real peach. "How do you know they're death glares?" she questioned innocently. "They could be 'horribly maimed' glares. Or 'at death's door but not quite there yet' glares. And I swear," she muttered, "Compare me to your mother one more time..." Did he think she wanted to be compared to some old woman? Well, his mother probably wasn't that old, but regardless, it was creepy.

The whole matter of who was dancing with who was completely put aside in her mind as soon as Peeves showed up. Morven tried not to growl or snarl out of reflex, but she did snap a "Gravitas penna!" as she spotted an ink bottle on the fast track to ruining her dress and her night. It slowed inn the air and gently wafted down to the floor like a feather, not even breaking as she stepped backwards out of the way. "Not a chance in hell," she said calmly, even though it was very doubtful the poltergeist even heard her over the din of the brief chaos he caused before he disappeared.

IF YOU WANT TO RULE THE WORLD, YOU'VE GOT TO STOP PRETENDING.

Essy ze Ninja

mc2

We know the halls you walk are unforgiving.
It's not the kind of place to find your place among the living.
We have a plan, we've got the means for your liberation...
You'll only have to blur the lines on a few occasions...
We have the cure for your crisis, never patent pending!
If you come along with us the doors are never ending!
If you want to rule the world you've got to stop pretending!
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:40 pm
I'm back in Liverpool,
And everything seems the same...
But I worked something out last night,
That changed this little girl's brain!
A small piece of advice,
Sixteen years in the make-
And I will break it to you now,
Please learn from my mistakes.

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Sixth Year Prefect ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: thrilled} {thinking: ...yeah, I look hot} {with: Dorian} {at: Yule Ball}

"Statue of Secrecy," Jess chirped. "I could be accused of using magic to win in any competitions. But it's not a big deal, I mean, I have quidditch. When I'm not dragging the house team down," she joked in a self deprecating manner, feeling herself relax a little bit more. She hoped her being awkward and jittery hadn't hurt his feelings or anything. It was more of a reflex than anything else... she'd never even had a boyfriend, but she just didn't want to be stupid about things. She'd told him where to put his hands, so she had no reason to be caught off-guard, and she'd known her dress was open there... Maybe she was just overreacting to his reaction, which hadn't even been that major. He'd just gone a bit red, and he did that often enough around her.

She smiled gently at his scowl. "I'm not gonna tear an arm off because you're not into sports; don't worry, you're safe. Me and Toby are basically the only athletic people in our family. Not counting our mum. She was a chaser when she was at Hogwarts. Uriel's never been into sports at all, Eleazar likes muggle football okay; he still has an old ball, but he never played on a team or for a local league or anything. Two nerds," she said fondly. She didn't want to sound like she looked down on them for not playing Quidditch or coming to every single game. It wasn't their thing, and Jess had learned to let it go. Eleazar could be touchy about stuff like that and Uriel would just bring up her grades and it would devolve into a real spat. Which she would win, of course, because she had awesome comebacks and Uriel didn't like to swear back at her so he'd usually back off pretty quick, but she didn't want to constantly fight with her older brother, especially now that they were older. It'd been one thing when they were thirteen and fourteen, but now she was sixteen and he was seventeen and yes, sometimes they needed to set an example and act their age. As much as it pained her to admit that.

When his arms came around her (because she practically plowed into him) she was surprised when she didn't jump like she had when his hand was accidentally up against the bare skin of her waist for a moment. She hardly relaxed, either, since she'd been on edge to begin with from Peeves, but she actually found what he smelled like for an instant before she backed away out of his arms. Jess had no spectacular sense of smell, and despite her glasses, she'd always trust her eyes more than her nose, but he smelled good. Comforting, somehow. "Yeah," she agreed. "Could have been a lot worse. And you're doing pretty good," she complimented him. "For someone who thought he was going to look like an idiot. My feet haven't been stepped on, we've mostly kept to the rhythm, okay, excluding when we were dodging ink missiles..." she laughed and looked up at him, even if she luckily didn't have to look up as far as usual, due to her heels. She'd have to be careful when they left the dance floor. She didn't want to slip in any ink.

I swear I'll find the cure for a broken heart.

Cara MiaKitty

Let's dance to joy division,
And raise our glass to the ceiling!
'Cause this could all go so wrong,
But we're so happy!
So if you're ever feeling down,
Grab your purse and take a taxi-
To the darker side of town...
That's where we'll be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
User Image
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Where: Great Hall
With: Seph and Dylan
Thoughts//OOC: OMG Seph planned this on purpose!!!!
Outfit: Yule Ball outfit!

Emily smiled as she kept up with his mimicking of the older couples. She liked to dance. It was fun and very freeing. You would never know that when learning to dance, but you could absolutely put your all into it. The twelve year old smiled shyly when he said his night was better now. Was it because of her? Really? It just made her giggle. However, she was really wondering where Seph was now. She had heard the rumor about her summer, and wondered if she really was okay by herself. But was returned back to Dylan as he asked about hers. "Well, it was really fun. Danced with Seph before she pushed me into your arms for a dance or two." She said giggling. She looked around, noticing his own blush. She was curious if it was her fault or not. And if it was? Well... Yay! Meant something good for her right? But if not? Well... Uh... "So... I'm normally not this awkward shy. Sorry I'm not as bubbly as I usually am."

Godly Tendencies

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Dylan chuckled slightly and shook his head, surprisingly being able to keep up quite well. "It's okay. I'm just as awkward and shy, if you haven't noticed yet." He was sure she had. It had to be pretty obvious, as he wasn't exactly a social butterfly, and preferred to keep to himself. He debated even coming to the Ball in the first place, although at this point he was very glad he did. It was a bit annoying how red his cheeks were, and how warm he felt, desperately hoping she didn't notice, but decided there was nothing that he could do immediately about it, so he just had to bear it for now as they danced on until Emily's friend returned.

shabatha

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
What: Dancing
Where: Yule Ball
With: Emily

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers