Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 pm
User Image

β„‚π•Œβ„β„π”Όβ„•π•‹π•ƒπ•
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Crushing on Jessamine Walsh
                                                          Looking Sharp at the Yule Ball with Jess
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I'm gonna ruddy kill Julius... ❞

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

They're pacing and glowing bright ☽ O ☾xxx
                                                          Their faces all snowy and white ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          Bury their paws in the stone ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Make for their heart as my home ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDorian blinked when she said that she might be accused of using magic to cheat. He supposed that made sense... but still, it sort of sucked. As far as he could tell, wizards didn't really have a plethora of sports. It was mostly just Quidditch, and apparently some American version of the game? He didn't quite remember; he'd read Quidditch Throughout the Ages his first year to try and understand the game (it'd helped... sort of). "I don't think you drag the team down," he told her with a small smile. From what he'd seen, Jess was a pretty good player. "I don't really know much about it... Coffee's explained it to me I dunno how many times. Guess I just don't really have a head for sports. And, it's not that I'm not into them... I just... get the rules confused. A lot. I like watching, though." He flushed faintly as he said this, wondering if she'd put two and two together and realize that he'd gone to games to watch her play. He wondered sometimes if it bothered his brothers that he never went to watch them play. Maybe he should start going to more than his house games. Be supportive or something.

spaceWhen she pulled away from him, he relaxed marginally. He was pretty sure that was probably weird, that having a pretty girl in his arms had him so freaked out, but then, what was he even supposed to do with a pretty girl in his arms? He was totally out of his realm of experience here, had absolutely no clue what to do, really. It was a miracle he hadn't screwed it up yet. When she complimented him, he flushed again, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. He knew she was talking about the dancing specifically, but he sort of hoped that the statement could be applied to the whole thing in general. He managed a smile a her. "Uh, thanks? I mean, I'm not clumsy or anything, I just... haven't danced before. So, probably won't step on your feet, at least. Just, uh... might look like I have no idea what I'm doing. Since I don't," he replied, shrugging lamely at the end. If they were keeping on rhythm, he had no idea how, except that she was leading and he was doing a decent job of following. He was pretty sure his feet were moving a bit more than they were supposed to, that he might've taken a couple extra steps here and there, but at least he wasn't bumbling about like a complete idiot. "Probably helps that you're doing such a good job leading," he told her, and then immediately flushed darker because it'd sounded so damn cheesy. Oh, well. Better cheesy than accidentally offensive, right? Worst case scenario, at the end of the night she thought he was some awkward kid. It wasn't like it wasn't true. Given how royally he was still worried about screwing this up, the fact that he hadn't managed to do so yet was sort of a relief.

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
                                                          xxx☽ O ☾ They tumble and fight
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ And they're beautiful
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ On the hilltops at night
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ They are beautiful

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:28 pm
Weep for yourself, my man...
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep, little lion man...
You're not as brave as you were at the start.
Rate yourself and rake yourself...
Take all the courage you have left.
And waste it on fixing all the problems-
That you made in your own head!

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Sixth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: stunned] [thinking: ...] [with: Ronna] [at: Yule Ball]

Toby replied wryly, "No." It wasn't like he slammed doors in her face or was any ruder than he was with anyone else- obviously he'd hold the door if she was right behind him, but he wasn't going to extravagant lengths to pull out chairs for her and whatnot. They were dating, not married, for Merlin's sake, and honestly the way they treated one another hadn't changed all that much after he asked her out. Well, they definitely fought a lot less, but that might just be because of all the... sneaking off to snog. Yeah, that might be it.

He frowned at what she said next, and decided to just ignore the bit about him being a hypocrite. True or not. "I'm not sure you could ever classify as an 'easy target', Ronna." She did have a point though, that, for the most part, only a-holes tended to make out with girls in alleys. Broom closets, on the other hand, were another thing entirely. "I don't see why we even have to discuss the incident with other people," he complained. "Can't we just say 'it all started when I asked you to be my girlfriend on a dark and stormy night'?" His brown eyes were flashing with amusement, and he was about to say something else in reply to her saying his overprotective brother deal was cute, but by then there was ink everywhere and she was swearing and wiping ink off her face.

"I like this dress," he said mildly (for him) as he followed her off the dance floor, watching his shoes. "And I can't see Jess making her wedding- crap, hope I didn't just jinx something- black tie. Uriel might, because he's Uriel," he snorted.

Your grace is wasted on your face and your boldness stands alone among the wreck.

mc2

((wanna post Ronna wherever you wanted them to go? I don't care where it is that much.))

But it was not your fault but mine!
And it was your heart on the line!
I really f***ed it up this time...
Didn't I, my dear?
Tremble for yourself, my man...
You know that you have seen this all before.
Tremble, little lion man...
You'll never settle any of your scores.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:11 pm
Consuming space and time you welcome it.
And drawing side-by-side the lines you see fit...
Truth or consequence; you yield and go-
And take control!
You’re getting big, you’re wanting more...
You’re hiding behind your plastic soul.
Screaming out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have a doubt who’s in control.

α΅‰α΅›α΅ƒαΆ°α΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ ᡗʳᢀ˒ᡗᡃᢰ ˑᢀˑˑᡃᢰᡗᢀᢰᡉ
˒ˑʸᡗʰᡉʳᢀᢰ αΆ αΆ€Κ³Λ’α΅— ʸᡉᡃʳ
α΅–α΅˜Κ³α΅‰α΅‡Λ‘α΅’α΅’α΅ˆ ʰᡉᢀʳ
User Image

You're getting big: Amused | You're wanting more: ... | Hiding behind: Wendy | Your plastic soul: Yule Ball

Vander rolled his eyes at her. "Both of us? I'd rather not be covered in ink, surprise surprise," he said sarcastically. Did she have to make everything into some sort of little mind game? He gave her a slightly sardonic smile. "Children don't call each other 'Miss' and 'Mr.' so if you're going to go with that argument you might want to drop the titles." He knew she was mostly keeping it up to annoy him, and it did, and probably always would, because he imagined his last name was heavy, had a certain weight to it, and she just threw it around like it was nothing, just another name like Smith or Jones or some pathetic muggle surname with no ancient history, no superior bloodlines... His thoughts trailed off in time for him to go back to listening to her. He couldn't argue with that and she knew it. And why would he want to? She was right. He just didn't like that she was right and he agreed with her. He settled for a petulant scowl, not even realizing that they'd stop dancing and were now just standing there.

"She's dead, then," he asked in the form of a statement. Dead or had left, and that wasn't something their kind did. A quick, quiet divorce was one unspoken of thing, shaming your family was another. That was Vander's understanding of it, at least, and his parents hadn't gone into much details about marriage and betrothals with him yet. He was eleven. He didn't want to ever be married, but at least understood that in order for there to be heirs, one had to be married to someone first. He snickered softly at her phrase of 'retirement of sorts'. He didn't know what she meant by that, but could tell it probably wasn't good.

He gave her a baleful look at her question, though it was most likely rhetorical. "I don't know," he said a little darkly, but that was only because he was learning the violin himself. Or, well, he was supposed to be learning the piano but it was awful and he hated it and he was better suited to the violin anyways, so it made sense for him and Antigone to switch and simply not tell their parents they were playing one another's respective instruments. It was one of the only things they cooperated and worked together on. Lying. Funny how things like that worked. But of course, now it was feminine and he was never going to able to play it without flushing red again.

But Wendy must have really liked music- had he just found something she wasn't neutral about?- because this was most he'd ever heard her ramble about one subject. And he couldn't resist needling her about it, either. "It's alright, Wendy," he said in the most patronizing tone he could adopt, summoning up so much of his father in him it was a wonder his hair didn't turn blond. "I understand. Girls like to talk." When he was done smiling viciously at her, he instantly brightened at the chance to rant about his siblings. Finally, someone he could talk to about them besides empty rooms and inanimate objects. "Antigone is ten, and all she does is whine and cry about nothing," he started derisively. "It's pathetic. She has everything she could ever want and she's still not happy. And she's jealous of me, too, because I'm a boy." He said as if it was worn like a badge of honor. "Cyrus is eight and he's a brat. You can't do anything to him or he goes bawling to our mother, and she always takes his side, even if it wasn't my fault. He over exaggerates everything and he's a little coward." It was easy for Vander to say that when he wasn't waiting at the bottom of the stairs to shove his brother down the last few steps, or close a door on his fingers 'by accident'. Incredibly easy, in fact.

α΅ƒαΆ°α΅ˆ Κ²α΅˜αΆ³α΅— ˑᢀᡏᡉ ᡗʰᡃᡗ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜ ˑᡒᢳᡉ αΆœα΅’αΆ°α΅—Κ³α΅’Λ‘Λ‘

mc2

If you follow everyone it’s easier to find-
You have the courage and the heart to lose your mind!
Behind the curtain there’s a certain man you know...
You can’t control.
You need it now, you want it more...
Hiding behind your plastic soul.
You scream out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have doubt who’s in control.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

Alexandria couldn’t help but smile. Crash seemed to be just as glad as she was about the fact that they were at the dance together. As the two came together and swayed to the music, the fifth year – hesitant until she had done it – leaned in to rest her head on her date’s chest as he tucked his chin against the side of her head, and for the next minute or two, she lived in the moment and followed Crash’s lead. Surprisingly, his slow dancing made it seem like he knew what he was doing although maybe if they were to dance to a fast song, he would display typical Caucasian male moves. Alexandria would definitely get a good laugh out of that.

Upon the sound of Crash’s voice emerging from both inside his chest and from his mouth, Alexandria lifted her head and looked up at the boy. A smile stretched across her lips before saying, β€œSo am I.” Of course she was glad she said yes. The boy she had a growing crush on for the last couple years had asked her to be his date, why wouldn’t she be happy to have agreed to attend the dance with him? A quick moment passed as the two continued to sway to the music in silence until Crash sputtered out what was on his mind. Shaking her head no, Alex let out a chuckle. β€œI think we just need to get to know each other a bit better,” she admitted. Luckily, Crash took the lead and asked her what she valued most in life. Dark eyes roamed the room as the fifth year thought about her answer though she couldn’t help but smile when the seventeen year old teased her.

Umm.. For whatever reason, nothing was coming to Alex’s head. The girl thought she had known herself incredibly well, but she couldn’t find the words to describe what she valued most in life? β€œWell, hmm. I think I value – ” she started before trailing off for another moment; β€œ – having a good time, family, and independence.” Dark eyes locked back on the pair staring back at her. β€œYour turn!” she exclaimed, a grin plastering itself on her features.

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

Essy ze Ninja

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:11 pm
User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

How much do you want to bet my blood is purer than yours?

Second Year Slytherin
Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Wearing: White: The color of Innocence, right?

☁ β˜‚ ☁

Wendy blinked at Vander's more straightforward response and realized she had said the phrase far more broadly in meaning while Evander focused on the now. Then again, heirs and first born sons tended to have a secure future laid out. When he pointed out the dropping of titles, Wendy sighed and answered glancing away, "It is how you are supposed to address your superiors correct?" She looked back at him, her tone calm but serious, "I may be older than you, and I may be smarter than you-or at least I don't botch simple Transfiguration homework-but you have a far higher standing than I do. Why? Would you rather me address you as something else? We aren't exactly friends so..." she trailed off and shrugged with a small polite trained smile which she kept as he stated that her mother was dead.

Wendy nodded sounding completely detached from the issue-and she was, "Yes, she's been dead for about a decade-actually a bit more. I never bothered with the details when I was younger. I'm sure by now father might have mentioned the details to me in passing-but we haven't even spoken for a few years."

She fell silent and looked a bit suprised at Vander's dark response to her mention of the violin or piano, it would be interesting to investigate-someday, but it wasn't wise to push too hard, and she doubted the Lillantine heir would answer her if she asked at this point anyways. Instead he went on and said snidely that girls liked to talk. She was tempted to turn and walk off-and would have if it had been most people-but making enemies with one of the few people from a respectable pureblood family-especially as highly ranked in their family tree as Evander was, hardly seemed wise. Honestly, it was a good way to get herself in major trouble with the head of the Avery family and she was smart enough to keep her head down and not bother with that. No, let David League and his Hufflepuff sister take the critical eye of the head of the family, Wendy liked not to have to deal with it. Better an afterthought then a pressing problem in families like hers. And she was thankful when Evander happily began talking on the subject of his siblings-or complaining.

Wendy said nothing, keeping her expression neutral like usual and waited till Evander was done and quietly offered, "You're obviously wrong about your sister. You said she's jealous of you because you are male, it contradicts the idea she has everything she could ever want. Though, I see why there is any shame in accepting your position in life. You accomplish more and do better in life if you accept your role-then again not everyone can be smart. And your brother-well, if you knew your bad behavior would be overlooked by your mother wouldn't you pull the same antics? It is only logical, even if cowardly."

She then held out a hand and said, "Anyways, we should either dance or sit down. It is undignified to stand in the center of a ballroom floor chatting. After all, people might start to think both of us can't dance. Be a bit embarrassing for both our families, yes?"

β™’

User Image

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

The Forgotten Weasley

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items