Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Refreshments! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:04 pm
User Image

The tables of the Great Hall have been set up with food and drink for those wishing to enjoy the ball. They can come and grab a bit of everything if they so wish, or just grab something to nosh on while they rest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 pm
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: Dress

Arianna chuckled at Jesse's confession in truth most people couldn't dance. It was just a matter of did you know you couldn't or not? "Don't worry. I can teach you!" She followed his lead to the refreshments. She let out a soft whistle as she looked at the table filled with options. "Wow, they have everything!" She glanced around and saw her personal favorite, pumpkin juice, she grabbed a goblet and sipped on it. She relished in it's deliciousness. She glanced over to see what the Slytherin had picked out.

Red Hot Missy

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 pm
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Arianna
                                                                What am I doing? Grabbing a drink
                                                                What am I thinking? Seriously, dance, me?

Jesse had to chuckle at Arianna's exclamation of teaching him how to dance as they stopped to get something to drink. He had to look over the choices carefully, however. Pumpkin juice was one of his favorites, since it reminded him of something he couldn't place, but he also was wanting something else. Shrugging, he got himself a glass of punch and looked back at Arianna. "I'll warn you, I won't be responsible for broken toes on my behalf then, since I am pretty sure that's destined to happen. I don't think I ever had a dancing bone in my body." As she exclaimed about the choices of drinks, he could only nod in agreement. "Yeah, they do. I mean, pretty sure we could grab a butterbeer, but I think those are reserved for older students. I kind of wonder how they keep all of it fresh."

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

amo10690

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 am
User Image

Age:Twelve Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis Wearing: Dress

Arianna grinned at Jesse and chuckled at how worried he seemed to be about dancing. "Sounds like a challenge. But really don't worry about it dancing is all about having fun." As he warned her about breaking her toes she quite literally snorted into her drink. He couldn't possibly be that bad she thought to herself. She shrugged at his last sentence, "Well, if you do break any of my toes I won't hold it against you if you sneak me some butter beer to cheer me up." Ari giggled and sent the Slytherin a wink. She had already downed her pumpkin juice and she reached for another. "It must be filled by house elves like the house tables in the great hall. See how more just keeps appearing?" She pointed at the table as a new glass suddenly reappeared where she took one from.

Wanting to point out the elephant that was hovering above them she had to ask the question that had been bothering her all night. "So why did you ask me to be your date?" She waited for the explanation to come. Truth be told she was slightly suspicious Ari usually didn't get along with Slytherin's.

Red Hot Missy

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:07 pm
User Image

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Arianna

Jesse nodded to Arianna's explanation and had to consider that. Then again, he'd never seen a house elf before, so he was imagining some tall people with long robes from movies. "They must be working overtime for all of this. I wouldn't want to think about how much time they spent on it all." When she asked about his choice to ask her about going to the ball, he paused briefly. "Well, to be honest, it's mostly because I don't really like the girls in my house. I mean that chastity girl is something like a real snake, and well, they all seem to want to backstab each other. You at least seemed to be really nice and all. Um, well, at least to everyone else. It was nice, and I figured if nothing else, I didn't want to se you go alone to the Ball." He was being honest, considering that even he was entirely unsure about why he decided to do it. Though, if she was that nice all the time, he was sure that maybe it would prove to him those kinds were in the world. Leap of faith deal kind of.

OOC:

No turning back now

amo10690

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 pm
User Image

Arianna giggled at his concern for the house elves. She had met a few of them that worked here in the castle and they love doing this kind of thing. "Don't worry. They like working over time. If you don't believe me go visit them in the kitchens sometime." She herself had been waited on hand and foot when she found the entrance to their workplace.

She listened intently to his explanation of why he asked her to accompany him and it seemed very genuine. She couldn't help but feel he was being completely honest with her. She found herself chuckling as he described his housemates. "Well, they technically are snakes seeing as their from Slytherin. I thought all Slytherin's would be that way but you might be proving me wrong." She paused as he called her nice. Now that wasn't one hundred percent true but she did know her right from wrongs. Then Jesse threw her through another loop. "You. Didn't want to see me alone?" She repeated slightly confused. Was he worried that she couldn't protect herself or what.

Red Hot Missy

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:23 pm
User Image

He did it. He couldn’t even believe that he did, but he did. Dalton had asked a girl to the Yule Ball, and she agreed. Or rather, he sputtered out some nonsense which ended in an awkward blushing fit between the two, and then she said yes. Either way, he had to count that as a success. After all, he was dressed up and waiting for Odelia to arrive. The third year decided that he’d distract himself from his nervousness with a drink from the punchbowl. Plus, he wouldn’t look like such a loner, or as if he got stood up – wait! What if he did get stood up?! Maybe that’s why she wasn’t here yet! No, no, she probably already did come, but there are just too many people, so they were having trouble finding each other. Yeah, that must have been it. Odelia was too sweet to do that to somebody. Dalton imagined that if she really didn’t want to dance with him, she wouldn’t have said yes, or she would have let him know before the big night. However, the boy couldn’t help but worry that maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t going to show.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

Forks Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image

Where am I? Yule Ball
                                                                Who am I with? Arianna

Jesse shrugged. "I guess it's all relative. I mean, there's several of my house mates I could do without. Most of them are mostly rich snobs that have their noses so far in the air that they can't see the ground. But, that's my opinion. I doubt it's universal." He shrugged again, not sure on how to really explain it, though the comment she made about him proving her wrong made him pause. Really? He didn't think he was all that special. She then reiterated what he said about her in the form of a question and he looked slightly embarrassed. "Well, yeah. I mean, I guess there are a lot of girls that would want to go to this, and well, I don't know of any guys that might have asked you. So I guess I just didn't want to see you as the girl that sits off to the side without someone to go with."

OOC: Sorry about the long wait, I had family over the holidays I was with, and I don't live in the same state and had to take a plane over. Back though!

No turning back now

amo10690

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:13 pm
User Image

Arianna nodded in agreement as he described his female housemates. He described them to a tee. Ari had been joking around when she compared them to the Serpent that was their house mascot but apparently Jesse took things more literal than Ari did. She shrugged it off.

It was Jesse's next sentence that slightly pissed her off. Ari was known as a hot head to begin with but all she heard from the Slytherin's mouth was 'no one was going to ask you.' "So I'm a pity date. Is that it?" She glared at the boy she was supposed to be here on a date with and she considered storming away. But as she glanced around for an escape route she saw all the other happy couples. Even Nina and Benjamin were dancing not far away. She pushed down the feelings a jealousy as she saw her two best friends dancing together.

OOC: Don't worry about it. I was with family for the last four days myself so it worked out fine!

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:48 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              ╞════════════════════╕

Zachary stood silently at the refreshments table. He planned on heading home for Christmas tomorrow, after the Yule Ball was over. He was anxious to see Monika, and he knew the six year old was very excited to see him as well, based on the colorful letters she sent him. He hated the fact that he has to stay here at the castle without her during the school term. It didn't leave them enough time to be together. The man sighed, and poured himself a glass of punch.

He looked around at the lights, the decorations, the students who were dancing, and the ones who were sulking by themselves on the outskirts of the Hall. It sure was a beautiful sight, except the lonely students, of course. Maybe he would stroll the gardens in a while. For now, however, he was sentenced to watching the Ball play out. Zachary took a sip of the punch, his lips pinching at the taste, and stood, watching.

╘════════════════════╡
MUGGLE STUDIES PROFESSOR xx
FORMER HUFFLEPUFF xxxxxx

Love of mine, some day you will die, but I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark.
                                              No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight, waiting for the hint of a spark.
                                              If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the "No"'s on their vacancy signs.
                                              If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark.

x x

{ooc: Figured we needed an adult around here somewhere. Cx Free for interaction by students or teachers or whomever. emotion_yatta }

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall : Dance Floor -> Refreshment Area

Alice walked over to the refreshments and got herself a drink. Looking around the room she noticed the third year Ravenclaw that was related to the Gryffindor in her year named Rosabella. She'd never talked to any of them personally but she figured she should at least say something. He was by himself, either waiting for someone, or maybe he was flying solo but regardless she figured she might as well say hello. Going over to him the Hufflepuff gave the boy a smile. "Hello, you waiting for someone?" she asked still smiling. "I'm Alice by the way." she added brightly.

With: Dalton

Wearing: All in Purple

OOC: ---

kiska166

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:19 pm
User Image

After scooping up bright red punch into a glass, Dalton sipped on it, his eyes staring towards the entrance. Where in the world was Odelia? Feeling nervous, the third year pulled at his bowtie and repositioned it, making it look slightly crooked. A girl dressed in purple approached the table and poured herself a glass before conversing with Dalton. Dark eyes flicked from the entrance gates to the girl. “I’m Dalton,” he introduced himself, sticking out a hand to shake. “Yeah. Are you?” This girl didn’t look entirely familiar, just another face in the crowd, but a pretty face nonetheless. “What year are you in?” he asked, genuinely curious.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

Forks Anonymous

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:23 pm
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya snicked at Echo's complaint about the Bloody Baron being around and silently agreed. She didn't want to know what the Slytherin ghost had over the poltergeist (ok, that's a lie she totally did) but she was insanely curious over how bad (or good) it was that Peeves fled whenever he saw a wisp of the ghost. Her attention from Elsie and David was pulled towards Jer as he made a spectacle of himself actually threatening Peeves (or she thought he was threatening Peeves, honestly she was never completely sure what it was he was saying) and barely held in her laughter at the sight before turning back to him. She did however giggle as he agreed to leave the dance floor if only to avoid slipping and falling in the ink like the goof he was. Well, like they were since she'd probably fall along with him and completely ruin her dress and probably bruise something. But it be hilarious to see her normally composed boyfriend flail around like a de-inked squid. Great, now she had to decide whether to push him on purpose or to go along and get food. Thankfully (she guesses) Echo decided to take that choice away from her as he led them carefully off the dance floor towards the refreshment table. Tanya's eyes lit up at the different drinks and foods spread out in front of them and immediately reached for a chocolate cream puff that had basically been calling out to her. She bit into it and happily hummed at the explosion of creamy chocolate filling in her mouth. "Echo! Try the cream puffs, they're amazebeans!" she told him excitedly.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

Yule Shoot Your Eye OutWhere: Refreshment TableWith: EchoThinking: When can we learn to make these in cooking?!OOC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:15 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Tanya Cherri
                                                          Looking Dapper at the Yule Ball with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Like you haven't danced with her before... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I long for a loss of breath ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          And a most dire predicament ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Murders in the rue morgue ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Silence and shadow's what I adore ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho tried to contain the urge to chuckle at Tanya as she took in the refreshments table. You'd think she'd never seen anything like it... which was ridiculous, since it really didn't look all that different from the usual dessert spread at the feasts. But, he didn't say anything; it was sort of cute, after all. When she told him to try a cream puff, he fought to keep the faint scowl from appearing on his face. She knew, of course, that he didn't really care overmuch for sweets, but... well, one wouldn't hurt him. It wasn't like he hated them, after all. He just didn't have much of a sweet tooth. Another thing that'd been disproportionately distributed between him and his sister, he thought, taking one of the pastries and biting into it. Gypsy would've devoured it. But... it was pretty tasty. "S'good," he nodded, smiling at her. Then, he went a ways down the table to where there were some less-sugary foods and grabbed a roll. Hey, she could have her baked goods, and he could have his. "You ever wonder how the hell the House-Elves manage to pull this kinda thing off all the time?" he asked her, a faint sense of awe in his voice. House-elves were funny creatures, and he never failed to be astounded by what they were capable of. To be honest, he was somewhat surprised there hadn't been an uprising... their magic was powerful. He was pretty sure any one of the elves down in the kitchens could take him. But, they were content to... cook for him instead? It was baffling.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ I can't explain just how it feels;
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ The thought of my premature burial
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Inside this oblong box I lie
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ With the hopes I'll be buried alive

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Great Hall : Refreshment Area

Alice smiled brightly as she shook Dalton’s hand before shaking her head. “Not exactly.” She replied simply. “I came with my adoptive brother. So, I guess you could say he’s kind of my date.” She said chuckling lightly to herself about that. How desperate could you get to go to a ball with your own brother? “I know kind of sad isn’t it. He’s off helping a friend so I’m waiting for him.” She added still smiling. When wasn’t Alice smiling? “Oh, I’m in fourth year and a loyal badger. What about you?” she asked curiously.

With: Dalton

Wearing: All in Purple

OOC: ---

kiska166

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff