Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:08 am
User Image
Something was very, very wrong.

Many moons ago, a sharp and burning pain had appeared in Twinkleshine's bosom, taking her breath away and sending jolts of fear and confusion through her arteries. It clouded her mind, choking her senses, telling her to return home, to Laisidhiel. Immediately. That she was needed among the faun. If she'd had even considered staying back, the thought was suppressed as her children expressed their own discomfort, if to a lessened degree of her own. Ocie experienced no such affliction, making a single fact clear:

Laisidhiel was hurting.

Their life source, their mother... She was in pain and calling all of her children, and her children's children, and any with the blood of faun in their veins back to her.

To help her.

To heal her.

This was the innate feeling that the suffocation spoke to the fauny. Her return was not immediate; she is rather delicate when pain in involved. Some five days after was when she left.

Her eyes widened and her stomach dropped when she neared its base, the sun nearly set over the horizon and its golden rays brushing against Laisidhiel's surface. A surface still scarred. Clenching the satchel of local herbs that she often brought to trade, Twinkleshine's trot became that of a gallop and she rushed forward, her curly hair bobbing with each step. She didn't slow until she reached the base, her eyes looking up at the towering structure as she tried to calm her breathing.

It took only a few moments (and thorough inspection of her relatively-empty bag) before she was let in by the guards. Her eyes wandered about, her chest aching once more as she paced in place, trying to decided what to do.

What could she do?

What had even happened?

Oh great Celestia was Rosewater alright; had her child been injured?

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:56 am
User ImageOh, this was so sad, so sad...

Flitter flitted around, much like her namesake, buzzing around her home in her anxiousness. In the aftermath of the explosion at the Tree, there had been a lot of hurt, a lot of pain, for everyone. The motherly tendencies of the pegasus had kicked into full gear, and she was attempting to make all the fauny feel better the best she could--she was no Princess Celestia, or Princess Luna, or anyone like that, but she could try.

It had gotten better over time, but Laisidhiel was still hurting, and she could feel it in her heart. She wished she didn't have to feel it anymore, even if it was just a dull ache that made it hard to get herself out of bed.

But it wasn't even just the pain -- it was the general sadness she felt around this tree that she didn't want to feel anymore. There was sadness, there was anger, undirected with no real pae to aim it at. It was depressing, and it weighed on her heavily.

She just needed some air.

The fauny easily jumped down from her home higher up in the tree, wings flapping to slow her descent as she moved towards the base of the tree. Maybe if she got some air, she could go back to what she was doing. Emotions weighed on her. She was too empathetic, sometimes. Too empathetic...

Landing two feet on the ground, Flitter took a few stumbling steps to slow herself before walking towards the entrance... to only spot a fauny that looked stunned.

Was that--?

"Twinkleshine?" asked Flitter, cautiously.

Daisicle

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:05 pm
Hearing her name and a voice she couldn't quite place, the fauny turned around to look for whomever it was that called to her. It took only a moment to place her out. "Flitter...?" she mused slightly, trying to remember her name. She had always been a pleasant acquaintance of hers, but it had been so long since they'd last spoken. "Flitter?!" She repeated, this time clearly audible to the other as she rushed over.

"Flitter! What in Celestia's name is going on? What happened to the tree?! Is everypony alright?!"

Her words practically spewed from her mouth in an unending trail, just barely coherent from their speed as her eyes wandered around to look at everything that was happening in the tree. Taking the otherpony's hands into her own, she cupped them lightly as her eyes returned, asking for answers.

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:31 am
Flitter was both relieved and surprised when Twinkleshine locked eyes with her. It was good to see her and that she had been right, but it had been so long! Flitter had been nearly convinced the other pony had made her way back to Equestria and suffered for it (or perhaps never had left).

It was too bad she came to this home to find only more suffering.

Flitter grasped Twinkleshine's hands easily, concern clear on her face as the other's words began to spew forth like a tidal wave. Her wings fluttered as she offered a small squeeze to the other's hands, hoping to soothe her fears, though perhaps the worst possible thing that could be true was.

Though, perhaps not. She had not heard of death...

"Oh Twinkleshine, it is not good. I am so sorry we are reuniting under these circumstances..."

Flitter squeezed her hands again, a bit tighter this time.

"We do not know exactly who caused it, but someone ... blew a hole in Laisidhiel. We all feel her pain her, some more than others. Some physically..."

Her heart hurt.

Daisicle

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:00 am
"Fret not," she responded to Flitter's laments, understanding that the only reason they were meeting again was because the circumstances were poor.

Her grip tightened.

Her heart dropped.

A hole... in Laisidhiel...? "Someone hurt her?" There were fewer emotions than one might have expected from such a realization; Twinkleshine likely did not fully understand the gravity of the situation having only experience it far away.

She had felt it though: they all had.

"Is everypony alright? My child, my Rosewater..." her tone lessened, unsure if Flitter would know of the capricorn by name. She did tend to keep somewhat to herself. "...have you seen a fauny with wings of a dragonfly?"

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:38 am
"Yes, they hurt her," murmured Flitter, squeezing Twinkleshine's hands on instinct. "It was so very loud, the explosion, and it blew people back. Some ponies were quite injured."

Flitter shuffled her hooves, glancing down at the ground for a moment. It was so terrible. Who would do such a thing to their Laisidhiel? It caused so many so much grief and pain, and she could hardly stand it herself. How could the pae who did this live with the idea that they had caused so much suffering to so many others?

Maybe they had wanted to cause this pain and terror...

Twinkleshine asked a question that surprised her before she could continue, a question about her daughter. Flitter's wings showed her excitement and her urge to congratulate Twinkleshine on her family, but the grave nature of the question kept her from saying such things aloud. Instead, what came to mind was the image she was trying to conjure, a pae that looked just like Twinkleshine, but with very pretty wings.

There were only so many fauny in this tree with wings (that were not feathery pegasus wings like her own, anyway), so the few who did were typically a bit easier to pick out. She remembered Avidan, with the large demon wings, but that could not be it. She had said that her daughter had wings like a dragonfly... There was a young boy with Celestia, who had wings, but that did not seem to be quite right either, especially since he was with Celestia...

Pulling from her brain more, a look of recognition suddenly struck her face.

"I think I have seen this fauny!" stated Flitter, excitedly. "Yes! She has a mane of a deep purple, puffy and curled like yours. And her dragonfly wings are pink! They look so pretty and delicate." Flitter had to wonder their origins, as well, but that was a question for another time. "Yes? This is your daughter, Rosewater?"

Daisicle
I hope it's okay I assumed she likely saw her around the tree. XD Flitter's been trying to keep an eye out for everyfauny, and Rosewater's wings would make her more obvious.

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 am
To think that somepae would intentionally cause such damage, hurt so many... It was actually quite unthinkable. Unimaginable! If it weren't for the dull throb in her chest and the clearly visible scene before her, Twinkleshine would have simply brushed the very idea off as blasphemy.

Yet, here they were.

The fauny was not ignorant of the momentary excitement her daughter's mention brought, but her need to know of her well-being suppressed it. She was practically on edge, the relatively few moments between her question and Flitter's response dripping by slowly. Second by lazy second. What if she did not know of her; had not seen her? Should she rush to the infirmary? Was she needed in the infirmary? Lady Vanya had taught her quite well in the art of healing and the usage of medicinal plants: what to apply where for which purpose. If only she had been here at the time of the attack...

If only... what if... what if she could have alleviated somepony's pain?

Wasn't that why she had accepted a power in the first place? To leave her family for one outside of the tree... It had been a simpler, more peaceful time back then.

But now...?

Could she stay away now that all were grown? Now that she was needed here?

She truly did love Ocie, really, she did, but she was so very aware of how painful their relationship was for him, one not meant to live on the land.

Brought back to her thoughts at the startling revelation, she squeezed Flitter's hand, not quite a smile on her lips. "Yes... That is my little Rose! Has she been injured; is she well; do you know?" There was an urgency in her voice and a slight shake in her grip.

Thank Celestia that the other two had been away.

Seiana_ZI
Haha, I figured as much; part of the reason I had her ask.

Also, Rosewater was not particularly injured in any way. Feel free to make up a story about her having to use her power if you think anyfaun would have been hurt enough/startled enough to have their heart go out of whack.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am
Flitter knew the expression well -- happy at acknowledgement and recognition, but more afraid for her daughter's health than anything else. It was fortunate that Flitter had good news for Twinkleshine.

"Rosewater was completely unhurt. I do not count her amoung the faces at the infirmary." With that, she offered a wider smile, always happy to say when people were not injured or scarred beyond the obvious pain in their hearts as Laisidhiel called out to them. "She was likely far away from the blast when it happened."

In closer quarters like the tree, though, as large as it was, "far away" was a more relative thing versus being outside and distant like Twinkleshine herself was.

She paused for a moment, shuffling her hooves. The pegasus was certain that Twinkleshine felt better upon hearing that her daughter was alright, but perhaps she would like to hear of her helpfulness as well.

Pride would mute the pain, at least for a few moments.

"It gave some faun quite a shock, the explosion. Your Rose has been helpful, with her power the Tree has granted her." Flitter gave Twinkleshine's hands a small squeeze. "There was somepony who was knocked back from the blast and was having trouble with," she let go of one of Twinkleshine's hands to place a hand on her chest and pat it rapidly near where her heart may lie, before taking Twinkleshine's hand again. "Your daughter has been granted a great power, and she was able to help. To save them."

Daisicle
XD That works!

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 am
"Oh thank Celestia..." Twinkleshine's knees about gave out on her at the relief that the news of her daughter's good health. It was a miracle, really.

At the sound of her daughter's doing, the fauny did sink to the floor, hands still gripping onto Flutter's. Rosewater... Little Rose... What sort of power could she have to be able to help with a problem of the heart. Her healing kisses were of no use for such a thing.

And to think of her saving them? The idea was nearly unbelievable.

Neigh impossible.

She was a good girl, but she had never been one to suggest helping those she was not familiar with (and she had been familiar with few).

Before Flitter could fret over her collapse, she released her grip to wave off any concerns. "I am fine... Just... It has been an eventful day." If that wasn't an understatement.

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:22 pm
Though Twinkleshine insisted she was fine, Flitter still exclaimed a worried, "Twinkle!" and bent down to make sure that was definitely the case.

When Flitter was certain the other fauny looked physically fine, she shifted her attentions back to talking to her. "I understand. The hole in the tree, it is," she frowned, her sadness echoing in her voice, "certainly unexpected. I don't think any of us ever would have dreamed anyone would do such a," a pause, as she dragged off, unable to find the proper words.

Were there even words for this kind of thing?

Flitter knew how to deal with talking about the problems in their old home, Equestria. It never came across to her as something malicious so much as an amoral event that drove them away. But a direct, malicious attack?

It was different.

"I am glad to see so many alright or helped, though, including the one helped by your daughter. We've come together, I think."

Daisicle

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am
Remaining on the ground until her legs returned to her, the fauny looked up to her friend with a smile as the conversation continued. Her own gaze hardened as the other struggled to find words. Whoever would deliberately do something such as that, something that could and would likely hurt others...

It was truly unthinkable.

"...something so cruel..." she mumbled to finish Flitter's thoughts. For such an idealistic and honestly naive culture, it was about all it took to shake her foundations and her belief that all were good. That there should be any justification for this...

It was truly unthinkable

Standing up and brushing a bit of dirt from her knees before straightening out, Twinkleshine nodded. "We are very lucky that everypony seems to have made it out fine... More or less" If only she had been here, maybe she could have helped. She placed her palms together, an uncharacteristically serious look in her eyes as she glanced down before nodding once. "I need to come back here, to my family." It was a decision she had been in anguish over for a long time, since the princess had first warned to be wary of those with wings differing from their own. She hadn't wanted to believe that anypony could be bad, even if they were different, but the circumstances left her strangely acute to the potential dangers of living so far away.

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:21 pm
So cruel.

Yes, that was it.

Cruel.

It was a word that did not sit well in Flitter's mind or on her tongue, so she didn't dare speak it. Instead, she grabbed one arm with the other, for a moment, holding them close to herself and shifting, before adapting a more relaxed posture once again and listening to Twinkleshine. "Yes, most everypony is okay. No one is more hurt than they can eventually cope with and heal from." Perhaps, except for the emotional pain.

Their home was hurt by a malicious force. For the fauny, their home was hurt or disrupted again. It was not enough to drive them from their homes, but it was certainly enough to put them all on edge. It certainly had left Flitter on edge, though that was mostly because she was too busy fretting over everyfauny...

I need to come back here, to my family. These words made Flitter smile. "I think you should come back here," offered Flitter, as encouragement. "There is always a place for everypony here, and I think... in times like these, we need to be close to each other, to help."

There was always safety in numbers, too, even if not much could be done about pae who maliciously attacked their home.

Daisicle

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:41 pm
That was probably why Twinkleshine felt so acutely hurt by this event: it wasn't the first time her home had been threatened by some sort of circumstance. Though the reason for their abandoning Equestria had been vastly different, it shared many similarities to this. The same fear of what was to come, the same feeling of helplessness and despair.

Yet, also the same feeling of growing closer and hoping for a better tomorrow.

Smiling brightly, traces of the passion this naive fauny who only wished to play games and act in the determination her eyes, Twinkleshine again clasped onto one of Flitter's hands. She nodded once, an almost childish grin forming as her resolve hardened. "Yes. Yes we do."

"I... I have to do some things before I can, but I will be back as soon as I can. Within a week's time if I can."

A pause.

"Well... I need to rest here for some time first. Maybe I can help some in the healing wing. But then I can go and come back."

"For good this time."

She had enjoyed her freedom exploring this new land and the different sorts of pae'il present in it. It was time to reign herself in, to stop acting so selfishly and take some responsibility in ensuring the well-being of them all.

Seiana_ZI
This can also probably wrap up soon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:55 pm
Flitter squeezed Twinkleshine's hand in turn, offering her own, almost giddy smile back in turn. It was nice to have the faunies coming back together, to one place, where they would make each other safe.

No one would hurt them here.

Not again.

"Yes! If you have healing abilities, I am certain they would love your help down in the infirmary." She squeezed Twinkleshine's hand again. "And if you need a place to rest your hooves..."

Her eyes glanced up towards the top of the tree.

"If you are able to take the climb, I do have a place up there." She fluttered her wings to highlight why she might want to be so close to the canopy, before chuckling. "But I am sure we can work on a location much closer to the ground."

Daisicle
Likely, yeah XD

Seiana_ZI

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:06 pm
Laughing, Twinkleshine glanced up in a slightly different direction, motioning with a single nod towards it. "Actually, I've kept up my alcove since I left, since I come up so often. Thanks though!" On that note... "I should probably go now, though, and get off these hooves for a while. It's a long walk from the lake and all. You're free to come with me if you want!"

Not that she had anything stocked in there at the present moment except for some stale water.

"Actually... Maybe that's not a great idea." She laughed lightly before giving Flitter's hands another squeeze. "We should make sure to meet up again sometime, okay?"

Seiana_ZI

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces